I bless the rains down in Africa - A FM-Base BaP Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Seano
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 12K
Only reason i would of set it too natural was if it was in the application. So if you didn't then i'm totally baffled.

Weight: 11 stone 6
Position(s): ML (18) AML (20) STC (18)
Foot: Left

doesn't really
make a difference anyway

Weight: 11 stone 6
Position(s): ML (18) AML (20) STC (18)
Foot: Left

doesn't really
make a difference anyway

My apologies , i got AML and AMC mixed up. Hope you can forgive me ;)

Update on the way guys. Still no screenshots but i'll try a new method.

Last edited:
July-August

AC-Arles Avignon:
James Beadle had a decent pre-season , free from injury and featured in a few friendlies, but he got injured in a training session the day before the French league kicked off. Fortunately it is a calf strain but he still has missed the first 5 games and is set too miss another 2 at least. Avignon are however, sitting in 12th​ position in Ligue 1 , proving Media pundits wrong as they have hotly tipped for relegation.

AC Milan
Dan Newton had a fairly good pre-season with AC Milan, grabbing a few goals and performing on a high level. He also picked up his first international cap from South Africa in the summer and has featured another 4 times since then. The Italian Domestic season has just got under way and Dan Newton has already won some silverware for the season, AC Milan beat local rivals Inter Milan 2-1 in the Italian Super Cup final with Dan scoring the first AC goal. Only one fixture as been played in the League but Newton has featured in that. He also settled his problems in Milan and is enjoying life there.

Mamelodi Sundowns
Nicholas Jameson was the first player to make a move in the summer transfer window, completing his switch from Blackburn Rovers (SA) to Mamelodi Sundowns in the league above where he was playing before. The agreed fee was in the region of £750,000 after an impressive season with Blackburn. He did not take part in their pre-season friendlies, because by the time he moved clubs it was finished. However, he has started every game from the Sundowns so far this season and with 3 games played the title challengers are sitting in 3rd​ position.

FC Metz
Steven McKergen didn’t have the best of seasons with his team last season and has something to prove to the fans this year. So far, he hasn’t done anything to change the fans opinions on him. He had a good pre-season scoring a few goals , but with 5 games played in the domestic league, FC Metz find them bottom of the Ligue 1 with 0 points, McKergen failed to score any goals thus far but has a decent average rating of 6.87

Ajax CT
Matt Holland has big expectations for this year. After a good season last year he wanted to continue his form. He recently stated his desire to be played up front more often and during pre-season he has got exactly that. He played in all Pre season friendlies but didn’t score any goals and has had a similar start to the domestic season. With only one game played it’s difficult to judge any player. He was substituted at half time in a 2-0 defeat to Orlando pirates after a disappointing 45minutes.

Moroka Swallows
Matt Cameron has had a fantastic start to the season. He scored in every pre-season fixture and has started in a similar fashion in the domestic league. With 3 games played , Cameron has found the net 4 times and has helped his team to an unbeaten start so far this season sitting comfortably on top of the South African League table ahead of the likes of Sundowns and Orlando Pirates. He has averaged a match rating of 7.89 and is currently the top goalscorer of the league. With the Transfer window still open a number of European teams have been alerted to his fine form.

Coventry
Robert Mugabe has waited along time to complete his move to Coventry City, relishing his chance to play professional football in England. He featured in most of the friendlies playing predominantly on the left of midfield acting as a Wide Midfielder, setting up a number of assists. He had a bit of a fitness problem finishing very of the 90 minute matches he started in. In terms of domestic form , Coventry have played 5 games, Mugabe has played in 3 of them, however not making much of an impact. Coventry got relegated last season and will be wanting to bounce right back up and Mugabe will be desperate to help them along their way.

Police XI
Jack Scullion has had a fantastic start to the new season. He didn’t feature much in Pre-season due to injury but in the one pre-season game he played in he scored. He has made no mistakes in the Domestic side of things. Featuring 3 times for the Botswana champions scoring 3 goals and picking up 3 man of the match awards with an average rating of 8.7 so far this season. Surprisingly nobody has any interest in the prolific goalscorer , many expected him to move along in the summer but he has stayed put.

FC Utrecht
A massive amount of hype surrounded the arrival of Mowgle at FC Utrecht , the last African who arrived there had a fantastic season eventually leaving for AC Milan. Mowgli will be hoping to emulate Dan Newton’s season. However things haven’t got to plan so far for the Chad International. He was injured during pre-season but has made 3 appearances in the Dutch league predominantly in the right of defence where he has succeeded on International level. In the 3 appearances he made he averaged a rating of 6.00 getting sent off in his recent fixture and will now miss the next 2 games for FC Utrecht. He will be hoping to redeem himself for his mistake and make a contribution when he returns from suspension.

Still no images , i tried copy and pasting the IMG Url , but it's just too big. hope you don't mind no club logos for awhile.​

No worries about the club logos mate, looks good as it is
Happy with my move though, at a relatively big club in terms of South Africa

:D Hope I get a move out of Africa soon!
Look about injury prone though, A la Owen Hargreaves ;)

July-August

AC-Arles Avignon:
James Beadle had a decent pre-season , free from injury and featured in a few friendlies, but he got injured in a training session the day before the French league kicked off. Fortunately it is a calf strain but he still has missed the first 5 games and is set too miss another 2 at least. Avignon are however, sitting in 12th​ position in Ligue 1 , proving Media pundits wrong as they have hotly tipped for relegation.

AC Milan
Dan Newton had a fairly good pre-season with AC Milan, grabbing a few goals and performing on a high level. He also picked up his first international cap from South Africa in the summer and has featured another 4 times since then. The Italian Domestic season has just got under way and Dan Newton has already won some silverware for the season, AC Milan beat local rivals Inter Milan 2-1 in the Italian Super Cup final with Dan scoring the first AC goal. Only one fixture as been played in the League but Newton has featured in that. He also settled his problems in Milan and is enjoying life there.

Mamelodi Sundowns
Nicholas Jameson was the first player to make a move in the summer transfer window, completing his switch from Blackburn Rovers (SA) to Mamelodi Sundowns in the league above where he was playing before. The agreed fee was in the region of £750,000 after an impressive season with Blackburn. He did not take part in their pre-season friendlies, because by the time he moved clubs it was finished. However, he has started every game from the Sundowns so far this season and with 3 games played the title challengers are sitting in 3rd​ position.

FC Metz
Steven McKergen didn’t have the best of seasons with his team last season and has something to prove to the fans this year. So far, he hasn’t done anything to change the fans opinions on him. He had a good pre-season scoring a few goals , but with 5 games played in the domestic league, FC Metz find them bottom of the Ligue 1 with 0 points, McKergen failed to score any goals thus far but has a decent average rating of 6.87

Ajax CT
Matt Holland has big expectations for this year. After a good season last year he wanted to continue his form. He recently stated his desire to be played up front more often and during pre-season he has got exactly that. He played in all Pre season friendlies but didn’t score any goals and has had a similar start to the domestic season. With only one game played it’s difficult to judge any player. He was substituted at half time in a 2-0 defeat to Orlando pirates after a disappointing 45minutes.

Moroka Swallows
Matt Cameron has had a fantastic start to the season. He scored in every pre-season fixture and has started in a similar fashion in the domestic league. With 3 games played , Cameron has found the net 4 times and has helped his team to an unbeaten start so far this season sitting comfortably on top of the South African League table ahead of the likes of Sundowns and Orlando Pirates. He has averaged a match rating of 7.89 and is currently the top goalscorer of the league. With the Transfer window still open a number of European teams have been alerted to his fine form.

Coventry
Robert Mugabe has waited along time to complete his move to Coventry City, relishing his chance to play professional football in England. He featured in most of the friendlies playing predominantly on the left of midfield acting as a Wide Midfielder, setting up a number of assists. He had a bit of a fitness problem finishing very of the 90 minute matches he started in. In terms of domestic form , Coventry have played 5 games, Mugabe has played in 3 of them, however not making much of an impact. Coventry got relegated last season and will be wanting to bounce right back up and Mugabe will be desperate to help them along their way.

Police XI
Jack Scullion has had a fantastic start to the new season. He didn’t feature much in Pre-season due to injury but in the one pre-season game he played in he scored. He has made no mistakes in the Domestic side of things. Featuring 3 times for the Botswana champions scoring 3 goals and picking up 3 man of the match awards with an average rating of 8.7 so far this season. Surprisingly nobody has any interest in the prolific goalscorer , many expected him to move along in the summer but he has stayed put.

FC Utrecht
A massive amount of hype surrounded the arrival of Mowgle at FC Utrecht , the last African who arrived there had a fantastic season eventually leaving for AC Milan. Mowgli will be hoping to emulate Dan Newton’s season. However things haven’t got to plan so far for the Chad International. He was injured during pre-season but has made 3 appearances in the Dutch league predominantly in the right of defence where he has succeeded on International level. In the 3 appearances he made he averaged a rating of 6.00 getting sent off in his recent fixture and will now miss the next 2 games for FC Utrecht. He will be hoping to redeem himself for his mistake and make a contribution when he returns from suspension.

Still no images , i tried copy and pasting the IMG Url , but it's just too big. hope you don't mind no club logos for awhile.​

They look big at the start but when you post it goes down to a smaller size :)

hope i get a move to a european club next season, hopefully somewhere with a decent youth setup!

Really good.So glad you've started a new story:)I LOVE BaP story's saw sign up to late though:S:'(

Last edited:
Didn't Raikan do one of these and it's like identical to the set up your using?

I dont think Raikan has done a Bap before to be honest. Not sure though so dont quote me on that one.

Loving the updates keep it up. Hoping for a move to a big team before long :)

nope, have not done one, only 1 story ever, that was the Flying Dutchmen which I lost due to a pc crash!

I dont think Raikan has done a Bap before to be honest. Not sure though so dont quote me on that one.

Loving the updates keep it up. Hoping for a move to a big team before long :)

Didn't Raikan do one of these and it's like identical to the set up your using?

nope, have not done one, only 1 story ever, that was the Flying Dutchmen which I lost due to a pc crash!

It's quite possible , but no i never read nor copied this from Raikan. I used the same sort of setup as CrookdMoe as i thought it was the best layout for a BaP that's were your probably getting it from. If you don't like me using this setup because he did then i'm willing to accommodate changes.

For those of you are interested and waiting on an Update. I will have one up this evening i hope.

Last edited:
For those of you are interested and waiting on an Update. I will have one up this evening i hope.

Hopefully i might actually start scoring, out of interest am i playing ST or on the wing?

It's quite possible , but no i never read nor copied this from Raikan. I used the same sort of setup as CrookdMoe as i thought it was the best layout for a BaP that's were your probably getting it from. If you don't like me using this setup because he did then i'm willing to accommodate changes.

Sorry Raikan, thats the one I was thinking of, oh my dying memory!

I'm currently writing up another update now should be up before 10.

Anyone know if attachments are back online?

September-October

View attachment 227941

James Beadle recovered from his injury in time for the 12th​ game of the season. He was sorely missed as they went on a bit of a bad streak. Beadle struggled to make any sort of impact since his return from injury. He hasn’t found any real form but that’s understandable after his injury. He has featured 3 times this season so far because of his Calf injury and has averaged a performance rating of 6.45 in the 3 appearances he has made. If Avignon are to have any hope in avoiding the drop this season , Beadle will have to pick up his form and keep himself off the injury list.

View attachment 227942

Newton, the South African international has finally settled down nicely in Milan and has solidified his position in the AC Milan starting XI. With 12 matches played in the Serie A so far this season, Newton has featured in 9 of them. Most of his appearances have been in the Attacking Midfield position in the centre of the pitch. He has been rather impressive, his pace has been destroying the Italian teams who have been known for being lazy. Newton has average a rating of 6.89 for the 9 games his appeared in and although he hasn’t scored any goals he has been the supplier of a number of Milans goals so far this season helping them to the top of the Serie A table.

View attachment 227943

Jameson has been everpresent for the Sundowns so far this season. Proving to be a vital part of their team. He’s the only player to have featured in all of Mamelodi’s fixtures this season. However , he was unable to show the best of his ability this month which has seen the Sundowns slip down the table. He has averaged a match rating of 6.58 for the 10 fixtures so far and has been playing in his preferred position of Centre Back. Mamelodi were tipped to be title contenders this year and will need to work to get the best out of Jameson if they are to succeed this year.

View attachment 227944

As a result of some very poor performances McKergen has been dropped to the bench and has featured more often for the reserves than the senior squad since our last update. He has featured 3 times since our last visit , predominantly in the lone striker role and his lack of goals have resulted in him being dropped. He also picked up a number of injuries that have hindered is progress and it is likely that the manager will slowly bring McKergen back into the first team to get the best of his abilities. FC Metz are currently sitting 2nd​ from bottom in Ligue one 10 points from safety after 16games.

View attachment 227945

The South African National team came calling for Stephen Holland after an impressive start to his season with Ajax CT. Holland has been playing in the Striker position has a Target man to hold up the ball and although he isn’t known for his goal-scoring this season he has piled on the assists for his team mates. With 10 matches played in the South African Premiership, Holland has played in 8 of them averaging a rating of 6.98. A number of European clubs are tracking Hollands progress, such as Parma in Italy and NEC in Holland along with the Grasshoppers in Switezerland. This will surely motivate the youngster to keep up his performances.

View attachment 227946

After a quality start to the season, Matt Cameron has been unable to keep up his goal scoring record. With ten matches played in the league , he has scored 4 and although thats not a bad ratio , he hasn’t scored since our last visit. His dip in form can also be seen in the teams overall performance in the league falling into a mid table position after a good start. Cameron is unhappy with the way the club is performing and has announced publicly that he wants to leave and move to a bigger club which has put a number of unnamed teams on alert.

View attachment 227948

Robert Mugabe has been a vital instrument to the League 2 this season. Playing on the left of midfield, Mugabe has been supplying his team with alot of assists and has scored one goal so far this season picking up 3 man of the match awards and averaging a match performance of 7.07. His recent performances have helped Coventry in the league and after a bad start to the season they have picked up their form and are now 4 points from the top of the league. Mugabe has also been grabbing the attention of a number of Championship teams and with the winter transfer window coming up he may find himself playing in a new league.

View attachment 227951

Botswana international Jack Scullion has kept up his goal scoring form. With 8 games played this season he has netted 5 goals and has helped Police XI to 3rd​ in the table , a point behind the leaders and with a game in hand. He has proved himself as one of the best players in the league and is a fan favourite at the moment on the international level and domestic. It won’t be long until some big teams come calling for the youngster but he has openly told the media that he has no plans to leave Police XI and wishes to stay here until he can win some more silverware.

September-October

View attachment 227941

James Beadle recovered from his injury in time for the 12th​ game of the season. He was sorely missed as they went on a bit of a bad streak. Beadle struggled to make any sort of impact since his return from injury. He hasn’t found any real form but that’s understandable after his injury. He has featured 3 times this season so far because of his Calf injury and has averaged a performance rating of 6.45 in the 3 appearances he has made. If Avignon are to have any hope in avoiding the drop this season , Beadle will have to pick up his form and keep himself off the injury list.

View attachment 227942

Newton, the South African international has finally settled down nicely in Milan and has solidified his position in the AC Milan starting XI. With 12 matches played in the Serie A so far this season, Newton has featured in 9 of them. Most of his appearances have been in the Attacking Midfield position in the centre of the pitch. He has been rather impressive, his pace has been destroying the Italian teams who have been known for being lazy. Newton has average a rating of 6.89 for the 9 games his appeared in and although he hasn’t scored any goals he has been the supplier of a number of Milans goals so far this season helping them to the top of the Serie A table.

View attachment 227943

Jameson has been everpresent for the Sundowns so far this season. Proving to be a vital part of their team. He’s the only player to have featured in all of Mamelodi’s fixtures this season. However , he was unable to show the best of his ability this month which has seen the Sundowns slip down the table. He has averaged a match rating of 6.58 for the 10 fixtures so far and has been playing in his preferred position of Centre Back. Mamelodi were tipped to be title contenders this year and will need to work to get the best out of Jameson if they are to succeed this year.

View attachment 227944

As a result of some very poor performances McKergen has been dropped to the bench and has featured more often for the reserves than the senior squad since our last update. He has featured 3 times since our last visit , predominantly in the lone striker role and his lack of goals have resulted in him being dropped. He also picked up a number of injuries that have hindered is progress and it is likely that the manager will slowly bring McKergen back into the first team to get the best of his abilities. FC Metz are currently sitting 2nd​ from bottom in Ligue one 10 points from safety after 16games.

View attachment 227945

The South African National team came calling for Stephen Holland after an impressive start to his season with Ajax CT. Holland has been playing in the Striker position has a Target man to hold up the ball and although he isn’t known for his goal-scoring this season he has piled on the assists for his team mates. With 10 matches played in the South African Premiership, Holland has played in 8 of them averaging a rating of 6.98. A number of European clubs are tracking Hollands progress, such as Parma in Italy and NEC in Holland along with the Grasshoppers in Switezerland. This will surely motivate the youngster to keep up his performances.

View attachment 227946

After a quality start to the season, Matt Cameron has been unable to keep up his goal scoring record. With ten matches played in the league , he has scored 4 and although thats not a bad ratio , he hasn’t scored since our last visit. His dip in form can also be seen in the teams overall performance in the league falling into a mid table position after a good start. Cameron is unhappy with the way the club is performing and has announced publicly that he wants to leave and move to a bigger club which has put a number of unnamed teams on alert.

View attachment 227948

Robert Mugabe has been a vital instrument to the League 2 this season. Playing on the left of midfield, Mugabe has been supplying his team with alot of assists and has scored one goal so far this season picking up 3 man of the match awards and averaging a match performance of 7.07. His recent performances have helped Coventry in the league and after a bad start to the season they have picked up their form and are now 4 points from the top of the league. Mugabe has also been grabbing the attention of a number of Championship teams and with the winter transfer window coming up he may find himself playing in a new league.

View attachment 227951

Botswana international Jack Scullion has kept up his goal scoring form. With 8 games played this season he has netted 5 goals and has helped Police XI to 3rd​ in the table , a point behind the leaders and with a game in hand. He has proved himself as one of the best players in the league and is a fan favourite at the moment on the international level and domestic. It won’t be long until some big teams come calling for the youngster but he has openly told the media that he has no plans to leave Police XI and wishes to stay here until he can win some more silverware.

Yeah! Shove it, you lazy Italians! :L

Back