I bless the rains down in Africa - A FM-Base BaP Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Seano
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 12K
Will/have you loaded the Dutch Leagues now, since there will be/is two of us playing in them?

Yeah i have them all set to be loaded at the end of July (Ithink?) Every league/country that a player will be playing in is loaded so the updates will be in bigger detail.

Oops may have set my reputation a bit low that I couldn't get an offer from anywhere outside of Botswana. Hopefully I'll keep banging in the goals and drum up some attention from abroad this season.

Btw are you planning on posting screenshots of the players after each season once everyone has joined up with their clubs?

Sorry been busy recently.
Love the bit about Daivd "****" Cameron :P
Good first season at the Swallows, especially after a long injury!

Btw are you planning on posting screenshots of the players after each season once everyone has joined up with their clubs?

Think this bit would be a good idea seano, see our stats and all after the end of the season..up to you though..not trying to takeover lol...

I'll be uploading screenshots yes. A few transfers have gone through i'm in June 2013 now and everyone is at a club, big news for a certain South African playing in Holland.

I'll try and get an update up this evening but i can't promise anything.. i have a few essays that i should have done early in the week , to do tonight because they're due tomorrow :)

big news for a certain South African playing in Holland.

Wait... Mogwli isn't South African.

*LIKELIKELIKELIKE*

Unless... Wait, Stephen Holland is SA, ain't he? ****, I HATE THINGS THAT PLAY ON WORDS!

Last edited:
Finally managed to get on the forum.

Nice to see im being giving a chance at Swallows :).

Hopefully im playing in Holland not Danny :P

View attachment 227905Nigerias up and coming midfielder, James Beadle joined French second division side Avignon just before the French season finished. He didn’t have much time to make an impact but took his chances and left the Avignon fans drooling to see more of the Young midfielder. He managed to feature four times in the final two months of the French season putting in some good performances and earning praise from a multitude of managers in the higher league. With an average rating of 7.07 the fans will be raring to see the youngster start his first full season with the French underachievers.

View attachment 227906

South African born forward Dan Newton start his first full season for FC Utrecht and what a start it was. In 14 appearances he scored 5 goals, picking up 5 assists and the same number of Man of the match award. By the time the Winter Transfer window opened his name was at the top of many European teams to-buy list, mainly Italian teams. Udinese were front runners for quite a while before Juventus tried to sign the South African but it was AC Milan who had pried away the youngster and paid £10million to sign the prolific youngster. Newton went straight into the Milan side, but took time to settle down and had numerous conversations with his manager regarding his difficulty in settling in Italy. He continued to feature in the first team nevertheless and in 14 appearances for the team he scored 4 goals , notched 4 assists and finished the season with a average rating of 6.84.

View attachment 227907

Last season South African Centre back Nicholas Jameson spent his time with Blackburn in the youth team, but this season it was a totally different story. He was a major part in the Blackburn first team plans this season just passed. He featured 24 times scoring a goal for his team picking up 5 Match balls and an average rating of7.41. He was then named the Fans Player of the year and also a member of the Team of the season and helped his team finish in the top half of the table. If he continues to play like this , he will be attracting the big name clubs in no time.

View attachment 227908

Steven McKergen has had a rather difficult season with FC Metz. Although he featured plenty of times for the club he struggled to make a real impact and wasn’t successful in doing what he was signed to do, score goals. He played 27 times for the French side this season only scoring one goal and the same amount of assists, finishing off with an average rating of 6.53. Metz fans were extremely excited at his dribbling skills but lacked a bit of creativity this season but they have no doubts in his capabilities in helping them this coming season.

View attachment 227909

Versatile Strike Stephen Holland had a mixed half season with Swallows, playing in a few different positions but mainly left back, but he did feature in his preferred position of Striker on a number of occasions. He featured 10 times for the Swallows scoring two goals and creating 1 and an average rating of 6.75. He had some fantastic performances but he also underperformed and received some criticism from his manager. When the Transfer window came along a number of clubs came calling for the South African but it was South African Giants from Cape Town Ajax , that signed the striker for a fee of £1.1million. He made an immediate impact for Ajax CT featuring 21 times for his new club , scoring 6 goals , picking up 2 assists and a number of Man of the match awards. He proved to be a influential player and helped Ajax to second place in the league , 1 point behind the eventual winners Kaizer Chiefs.
In terms of our other South African at the swallows , Matt Cameron had another injury filled season , spending the majority of it in the Recovery room. He did however make a come back towards the end of the season. In 8 appearances he scored 5 goals and a picked up a handful of assists finishing the season with an average rating of 7.25. Cameron has firmly established his position in their team and will be hoping for a injury free pre-season before starting off the new season.

View attachment 227910

Jack Scullion has become the first of our African Prodigys to pick up a winners medal. Jack Scullion and Police XI have won the Botswanian league for the first time in 6 years. Scullion was an influential figure in the side , scoring a handful of goals and captaining the team in a few fixtures. He made a total of 23 appearances for the side scoring 7 goals , picking up a fantastic 8 assists and 5 Man of the match awards. He was also voted the Botswana player of the Year and the Police XI fans player of the year. A number of European clubs are rumoured to be interested in the youngster and we may yet see him playing football at a bigger stage next season.

Our other Club-less players:
Robert Mugabe is set to join Championship side Coventry in a couple of weeks time to begin his pre-season training with the club he has waited 2 years to join and will be eager to kick off his Professional career. It is a similar story for Chad international Mowgli who is set to join FC Utrecht in a few weeks time and although he won’t be linking up with Dan Newton , he is extremely excited at starting his domestic career at a big stage in Holland.
Unfortunately it’s not all good news for our Afrikaans, Connor Smith has decided to cancel his pre-contract with Egyptian side Zamalek. He was due to join them in a weeks time , but he has decided that football is not for him and to retire at the tender age of 18. The circumstances to his decision are unknown but it is never good to see such a talent be removed from the game.

It won't let me upload screenshots at the minute , might have something to do with the long downtime. I'll upload them later on today if it works.

Screenshots of players , photobucket will do until the issues are sorted. I won't use photobucket for club images because it's two out of proportion

StevenMcKergenOverview_Profile.png
RobertMugabeOverview_Profile.png
NicholasJamesonOverview_Profile.png
MowgliOverview_Profile.png
MattCameronOverview_Profile.png
DanNewtonOverview_Profile.png
HollandOverview_Profile.png
JackScullionOverview_Profile.png
JamesBeadleOverview_Profile.png

If it's any help I just upload pics now by copy pasting the image URL-did it last night without problems

AC Milan... BEAST.
Nice to see I went straight into the first team too :)

AC Milan... BEAST.
Nice to see I went straight into the first team too :)

Your also unhappy :P So you may find your way out the door, lets hope not!
A few transfer rumours going on now , i'll have an update up tonight.

Liking it, hopefully I'll end up at a decent club soon

Last season was Centre Midfield , this season so far , striker.

Back