'I don't like Manchester', says City striker Mario Balotelli

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 7K

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has revealed he is "unhappy" in the city.

The controversial Italian striker continues to attract unwanted headlines but insists his relationship with his team-mates and manager Roberto Mancini is fine.

However the 20-year-old, speaking to Sky Sport Italia, is quoted by Corriere della Sera as saying he is unsettled in the north west, although he stopped short of saying he wanted to leave.

"I'm not happy in Manchester, I don't like the city," he said.

"Everything's okay with the coach and my team-mates, but the city is not to my taste.

"Do I miss Milan? No, I miss my home, Brescia. I miss my family and friends. I can think of this experience as one of personal growth.

"Will I stay with City until the end of my contract? I don't know, I'm here now, but we'll see.

"AC Milan? It's a great club, maybe one day I'll consider it, maybe even Inter."

Since arriving at City from Inter Milan last summer, Balotelli has courted controversy.

He was sent off at West Brom in November, then against Dynamo Kiev in a last-16 Europa League tie which Mancini branded "stupid".

On more than one occasion the City chief accused Balotelli of not listening to him, and he raised further eyebrows when he accepted the Golden Boy award and declared of the previous winners that the only one who was a "little bit" better than him was Lionel Messi.

He did not turn up for an end-of-season trophy parade - even though he was named man-of-the-match as City defeated Stoke in the FA Cup final at Wembley.

Already this season, Balotelli was pictured showing off a T-shirt of questionable taste, which prompted accusations of glorifying violence, and was hauled off the pitch in the recent friendly against LA Galaxy for trying a disrespectful backheeled attempt on goal.

However, despite all the antics, which arguably owe more to immaturity rather than any malice, Balotelli continues to show huge promise on the field.

His goal-scoring performance against Inter in Dublin on Sunday was yet more evidence that the Blues have a potential superstar on their hands.

Looks like we will have one more drama next summer maybe. Looks likely he will end up at Milan as he has said so many times about his wish to play with Zlatan and he likes Milan.

Please dont come up with "He is a ****" and its been done in other thread.

your not the only one Mario lol. I was there once for an hour and that was way too long for my liking.

It's alright Mario, 3/4 of Manchester don't like you very much either.

Must be an awful City then lol.

But to be honest...if you watch the Sky Italia interview he said he likes to train and he likes his teammates etc...but he doesn't like manchester but he is fine with it because everything cannot be perfect.

And he was asked if he miss Milan and he said that he misses Brescia. And you never know what happens in the future. And then he is suddenly linked to Milan again.

And the media make it look like he is the next Tevez. But Tevez is much worse when it comes to moaning about manchester.

Not a big thing..

Tevez doesnt like anywhere, and made no effort to integrate or even learn english. At least Mario is trying.

Lol you can talk, Portsmouth is a shitehouse.

Agreed!!!!!! lol.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Tevez doesnt like anywhere, and made no effort to integrate or even learn english. At least Mario is trying.

I dont know whether you was one but i brang this up about a year ago the fact the man couldnt speak English properly and he was City captain at the time and i thought it was wrong but i got slated for it as per norm lol.

Hopefully Aguero likes manchester....atleast he said he doesn't like hot whether. :D

Agreed!!!!!! lol.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I dont know whether you was one but i brang this up about a year ago the fact the man couldnt speak English properly and he was City captain at the time and i thought it was wrong but i got slated for it as per norm lol.

I remember you bringing it up, and you were bang on. I remember I was saying the only reason he was captain was to placate him, but no doubt it was wrong for him to be it

ok as i've said before manchester is **** in parts and great in parts like any other city. i suspect he's living a few miles from me in hale or alderley edge which are in the top 5 places to live in the north. i highly doubt he's living in a bad place. infact i highly doubt he actually lives in manchester, technically

I think I would be pretty ****** off if I had to move from Milan to Manchester. Although, I am sure being paid a cuntload will help a little..

you wouldn't be ****** off if you had to move to hale or alderley edge, believe me.

Back