mrdilpot

Reaction score
I just cant seem to win with every team on fm 13 unless im in classic mode. In classic mode i seem to do really well. (Just finished my 3rd season with real madrid and have won the league twice, got the champions league final 3 times and won it twice, and won the spanish cup all 3 times)
But i understand on the normal fm 13 mode, its harder, you have to use tactics and the lot. So i tried one lower down the leagues with fc halifax (LFC MARSHALL UPDATE) They were predticted 2nd finish. in febuary i was 19th.

So i thought i would quit it and try a new one which was abit easier. So i picked Barcalona. i had a good start with barca, but then i just kept losing 1-0 or silly 0-0 draws. So i quit that one. I just started one with Liverpool and actually downloaded a good liverpool tactic, and every match this happens:
View attachment 370500

I have more possession and shots, but i can't score. The only win ive had with Liverpool is over stevenage in the Capital One Cup 2nd round, which was only 2-0 with my best team out.
I also lost to west ham away 1-0 and lost Hull at home 1-0!

Im about to play my next 3 games and ill post the results with Screen shots!

View attachment 370502
View attachment 370504

Well this game we played surprisingly well, but then again it is only Sunderland
View attachment 370510
View attachment 370511

Well another win, but it is against Notts county, and look how much possession and how many shots they had? If that was a team our league we would off got battered!

Onto the final game!

View attachment 370513

We actually won, my form seems to have started as soon as i started writing this post ahah! But i can guarntee you it won't last..
Does anybody know what im doing wrong?

Results:

View attachment 370514

League table:

View attachment 370515

How long did you try at Barca? By the looks of it you're getting annoyed at not winning right away and just giving up.
6 games into the season is nothing, takes your team a lot longer than that to get used to formations and each other.

How long did you try at Barca? By the looks of it you're getting annoyed at not winning right away and just giving up.
6 games into the season is nothing, takes your team a lot longer than that to get used to formations and each other.

A full season, i finished 7th.

You need tactics to fit your players, and to have a decent understanding of the tactic to be able to adapt it. That's why you shouldn't download tactics.

And the ME is the same on classic and the full version, so a tactic will work just as well on one than the other.

As I dont know anything about your tactical approach, I will focus on your man management instead.

- What manager reputation do you start with ( automatic, sunday league etc) ?
- When playing the full game, how do you handle the squad ( media, team talks etc)

Could it be that when playing FMClassic, your reputation( if using a low one) means less and that you dont do the man management like when using the Full game, where your rep means more and the man management are crucial to understand ( read: Not make fatal errors)

View attachment 370522

21 shots 12 on target and only scored ONE

If you post your tactcial approach, we can spot some issues.

If you want, you can post the tactic you used for that game along with the pkm from it and I will have a look at it. Just becuse you have 12 on target dos not mean you actually threatend them.

As I dont know anything about your tactical approach, I will focus on your man management instead.

- What manager reputation do you start with ( automatic, sunday league etc) ?
- When playing the full game, how do you handle the squad ( media, team talks etc)

Could it be that when playing FMClassic, your reputation( if using a low one) means less and that you dont do the man management like when using the Full game, where your rep means more and the man management are crucial to understand ( read: Not make fatal errors)

My reputation is on Automatic.
And i prefer to play an attacking game with a defensive midfielder to help out the defence.

I play this tactic to play mid table and below teams:
View attachment 370525

And if im playing say, Man united, Man city, Chelsea, Arsenal etc..
I usually go with this tactic:

View attachment 370526

My reputation is on Automatic.

I think this might be your problem. Automatic sets yuor rep to match the lowest ranked club loaded. So if playing with EPL-BSS/N, your rep will match the likes of York City. Could this be the problem and biggest difference between FMClassic and the Full Game? ( like I wrote before )

As for the Tactic, It could be that you are playing too attacking, forcing attacks against teams sitting deep and playing compact. IKN the next game against an opponent equal of So´ton, the try using Standard instead along with the shouts "play wider" and "push up"

( this goes if the teamsettings etc have not been tweaked, that you are actually playing the fluid attacking approach in the screen)

If you post your tactcial approach, we can spot some issues.

If you want, you can post the tactic you used for that game along with the pkm from it and I will have a look at it. Just becuse you have 12 on target dos not mean you actually threatend them.

View attachment 370534
This is the tactic i played against southampton.

I think this might be your problem. Automatic sets yuor rep to match the lowest ranked club loaded. So if playing with EPL-BSS/N, your rep will match the likes of York City. Could this be the problem and biggest difference between FMClassic and the Full Game? ( like I wrote before )

It might be, ill have to check. And yeah i have EPL -BSS/N loaded.

As for the Tactic, It could be that you are playing too attacking, forcing attacks against teams sitting deep and playing compact. IKN the next game against an opponent equal of So´ton, the try using Standard instead along with the shouts "play wider" and "push up"

( this goes if the teamsettings etc have not been tweaked, that you are actually playing the fluid attacking approach in the screen)

Ill play my next game doing this now then.

I meant in the next home game against a team you should beat. Away to WBA, I would probably not play a patient and probing approach, pushing up etc. This is a game were WBA actually has a better chnace of wining than you.

..and like I wrote earlier, these chnages only work if no major sliders has been changed in the tactic

First off, stop downloading tactics - the ME has improved a lot and from what I see with this tactic is that it is trying to exploit the middle. You have three AP in your side, where is the balance? Sterling does not have the ability to play in that role so I don't know why you're playing him there. I'd move to a 4-3-3 which suits your players, but the other 4-3-3 you posted also has no balance and poachers are hard to get working in this version. I'd play (with Liverpool)

GK-D
FB-S
CD-D
CD-D
FB-S
DM-D
DLP-S
CM-A
IF-A
W-A
DLF-S

First off, stop downloading tactics - the ME has improved a lot and from what I see with this tactic is that it is trying to exploit the middle. You have three AP in your side, where is the balance? Sterling does not have the ability to play in that role so I don't know why you're playing him there. I'd move to a 4-3-3 which suits your players, but the other 4-3-3 you posted also has no balance and poachers are hard to get working in this version. I'd play (with Liverpool)

GK-D
FB-S
CD-D
CD-D
FB-S
DM-D
DLP-S
CM-A
IF-A
W-A
DLF-S

View attachment 370615