I wear my shirt with pride!

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
BUT THIS WORLD CUP, I WONT BE ALLOWED TO?

As we all know, the FIFA 2010 world cup is fast approaching. Where i live, there is a strong community of Muslim, Polish etc etc

My local Borough Council have decided to put a BAN on anyone wearing England shirts in the pubs this month as many complaints have been made. With this, most of the pubs have started too remove England flags and banners etc etc

Has this country gone crazy or something?

Is there something simular happening where you live?

its gone national mate, ******* ridiculous!

im not gonna say anymore because this is a very strong subject for me and i will end up going over the top.

i will be wearing mine in public as much as possible and kissing it to anyone who seems to take offence

"Three lions on my shirt, the shirt im gonna be wearing, all the ******* time, this summer, NEVER stop me wearing three lions on my shirt"

quote from a mate of mine XD

it just really is getting over the top now, i was asked the other day to remove my england flag from my car by a muslim police officer, i complied and took it down and put it back up when i got home lol

Mate im sorry but that is a DISGRACE!

i would have said are you not making the massive amount of pakistani's who have the symbol of their nations flag on their number plates, take them off?

On my number plates i have the St Georges cross on the side, cant wait for a copper to pull me over and try and tell me.

this concept of a world cup and not being able to wear your nations shirt! wev been doing it for years...!

are they gonna stop other countries tops being worn in pubs as well?! are they ****!!

Last edited:
Sorry but im not having this. It sounds like another bullshit story from the Daily Mail.

I bet it has absolutley nothing to do with Muslims or Polish.

It's ridiculous.. I've got my Portugal flag hanging out of my window, and a community police officer asked me to take it down as to "avoid complaints" and I told him no, as it's my house and it's my country I'm supporting. If they have a problem with it, they can tell me!

Absolute disgrace. They don't allow us to put 'Merry Christmas' signs on our doors either as we live a few yards away from a Hindu temple and they don't want us to offend the people that go their.. so we make our house as bright as possible, just without the merry xmas on the door ;)

My local Tesco have a huge aisle full of England stuff to decorate everything from your car to your wheelie bin. If this happens in my area they are not going to be happy.

As for me, then can try and stop me wearing my shirt/having flags on my car, but they will fail.

Sorry but im not having this. It sounds like another bullshit story from the Daily Mail.

it has nothing to do with the daily mail, this is a local ban, i didnt no it was national!

i hope your right!

but i really think its a genuine thing

im sorry for you mate that is an absolute ******* joke and if it was me i would tell the ***** were to go honestly. i have had a st geroges flag outside my window since st geroges day and its staying no matter what, and i have a nigerian woman living above me. i live in a busy shop ridden area so people come and go and we have loads of foreign people living in portsmouth but i couldnt give a **** who i upset its my country and i will support them however i want. i used to work in sports world a few years ago and i have a 3lions tattoo on my leg and i wasent aloud to wear shorts in the summer because of this i was fuming. start a ******* petition or somthing mate everyone on here will back you go to a national paper just stick by your beliefs. when the world cup kicks off im having banners, streamers, inflatibles the lot mate im going all out this year now i live in my own place. ENGLAND TILL I DIE!!! your more then welcome to live with me during the world cup mate!!

Absolutely stupid. I'm Scottish but I remember driving down to Warwick in the summer of '04 and it was 'fantastic' (sort of :p) to see everybody get behind their national team down their with flags and their cars, on their houses, etc etc. No way that should ever be outlawed.

im sorry for you mate that is an absolute ******* joke and if it was me i would tell the ***** were to go honestly. i have had a st geroges flag outside my window since st geroges day and its staying no matter what, and i have a nigerian woman living above me. i live in a busy shop ridden area so people come and go and we have loads of foreign people living in portsmouth but i couldnt give a **** who i upset its my country and i will support them however i want. i used to work in sports world a few years ago and i have a 3lions tattoo on my leg and i wasent aloud to wear shorts in the summer because of this i was fuming. start a ******* petition or somthing mate everyone on here will back you go to a national paper just stick by your beliefs. when the world cup kicks off im having banners, streamers, inflatibles the lot mate im going all out this year now i live in my own place. ENGLAND TILL I DIE!!! your more then welcome to live with me during the world cup mate!!

there is a petition going around here mate and i shall be signing my name after work, it is a joke! whats next... changing the countries name? lol and i may take you up on that offer mate, no talking about domestic football though! lol

there is a petition going around here mate and i shall be signing my name after work, it is a joke! whats next... changing the countries name? lol and i may take you up on that offer mate, no talking about domestic football though! lol

lol dont worry about that, my mind is now 100% focussed on england now chelsea's season has finished. for instance im kinda happy ballack will miss the wc

******* bollocks this rumour has gone round my school but no offence and i aint being racist but some asians said its a good idea to ban them ******* ****** this is england and i am english so i will wear an england shirt and i will have a massive england flag hanging from my window and if my neibours dont like it they can **** off

******* bollocks this rumour has gone round my school but no offence and i aint being racist but some asians said its a good idea to ban them ******* ****** this is england and i am english so i will wear an england shirt and i will have a massive england flag hanging from my window and if my neibours dont like it they can **** off
You sound like a young Enoch Powell .

Even though I'm Irish I think its a joke that some bars aren't allowing England flags/kits/etc in England. If people are offended then go to a different pub for f**k sake or drink in the house. What do they think is gonna happen during a World Cup summer in a football mad country!

For example if gay people offend you then there's no point going to a gay bar for a drink is there? oO)

Its political correctness gone mad really

Calm the language mate! I think this ban is ridiculous and I'm Scottish! To not be allowed to wear the national shirt is a scandal. Surely the England shirt in a pub is the shirt LEAST likely to cause complaints as everyone is supporting the same team, no?