If you were offered 100m for Gerrard & Torres... [Liverpool Fans]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 4K
I wouldn't accept it, it isn't enough. But if you make it 130m, yes, I would accept it. But from City? Make it 150m, they have enough to pay extras :P

yeah i agree with that he hates them but madrid would proberly be the team that would be willing to offer 100 mil

I could see Real Madrid offering 30 million for Gerrard to pair with Alonso in midfield. And I can see Manchester City making a silly bid for Torres. But you're right about there being a shortage of people with cash to burn this summer. Juve, Barca and Inter are the only other clubs who seem to have a hefty transfer budget and none of them would likely have Torres on their 'must buy' list.

i dont think they will leave and join the same club but i do belive they could both be out. gerrard to whoever jose is managing and torres to either chelsea, man city or barcelona.
Where would Torres be for Barcelona? With Pedro, Bojan, that swedish bloke,Henry,Messi ? Again, he wouldn't want to go to a team in England, he's said that.

Where would Torres be for Barcelona? With Pedro, Bojan, that swedish bloke,Henry,Messi ? Again, he wouldn't want to go to a team in England, he's said that.

liking the swedish bloke thing haha. i have heard barca are trying to offload ibra and have offerd him to chelsea.

ahead of zlatan. could do his job and more. but they wont go

I would. You should put a poll up:)

So if I kidnap both Gerrard and Torres, I'd get £100m for their return... I'm heading to Liverpool ASAP

Not to City, but if it were to, say, Barca or Inter, someone not competing with us, then maybe. That kind of money could buy us a wwhole lot, as long as we actually got to see it re-invested into players, if it went to the club owners then no deal.

Not to City, but if it were to, say, Barca or Inter, someone not competing with us, then maybe. That kind of money could buy us a wwhole lot, as long as we actually got to see it re-invested into players, if it went to the club owners then no deal.
Not all of it would go to the squad, that's for sure. It wouldn't be that useful though. Each week we go into 800K debt. Each week.

Sorry for the bumpage. But just want to reopen this debate. After the dreadful world cups from both surely Liverpool would be lucky to get 65million for the pair. Torres is a class striker and on his day he is the best, but too injury prone and for Gerrard, clearly past his best. Thoughts?

Sorry for the bumpage. But just want to reopen this debate. After the dreadful world cups from both surely Liverpool would be lucky to get 65million for the pair. Torres is a class striker and on his day he is the best, but too injury prone and for Gerrard, clearly past his best. Thoughts?
World Cup wouldn't affect their costs that much, and Torres is still in the World Cup. Good scouts will know players have bad form, Gerrard had a decent World Cup in a failing England team. If 65M was bidded, would be rejected in a heart beat

I still believe both players will have lost face value.

No.

No one of the same calibre of even close would even think of joining us. Sad but true.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

But either way the board would probably accept no matter the managers decision, it is 100m

I think they would be lucky to get 60m for both tbh

Back