Anybody else getting awesome results with this tactic whilst on Holiday Mode ? 7/8 wins drew the other.
Team has already been using tactic for 2 seasons.
I think the tactic itself is 'awesome' :p
But I've found that when you do Holiday Mode, it comes down a lot to the quality of your *** man!
I've found that if their tactical knowledge is higher they'll do better with your tactic rather than an *** man who isn't familiar with the 4222.
So combine a good *** man with a good tactic and it doesn't surprise me you get good results :D

Just bare in mind that your rep doesn't go up for winning holiday matches... and your *** man's rep goes up. So he'll eventually find himself being offered a proper managers job :p
As well as the fact that he sometimes may win manager of the month lol

Can i have some links to get il devasto Underdog tact ? Cause the link seems broken.

Having great success with this tactic as West Ham. 8 league games without defeat. Also some friendlies, and cup games so total about 15 and counting. Results include 0-0 with Tottenham and Man City and 1-0 win over Chelsea and 4-3 over Liverpool. Will post full results once season is over.

Edit: Typical! The next game after making this post was 2-1 loss against Sunderland :( Karma.

Last edited:
Having great success with this tactic as West Ham. 8 league games without defeat. Also some friendlies, and cup games so total about 15 and counting. Results include 0-0 with Tottenham and Man City and 1-0 win over Chelsea and 4-3 over Liverpool. Will post full results once season is over.

Edit: Typical! The next game after making this post was 2-1 loss against Sunderland :( Karma.

Sunderland are one of my bogey teams on this game as well :(
Other than that, glad to see it's going well.
Underdog tactic I believe?

Yes, underdog tactic.

The season is now finished and what a season it was!

Some pictures:

Here's the final result of the Premier League:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641173188007/4687D3CDDF72563B0523117AB0D6E984E3878A5F/

As you can see i finished #2!!!!!! I also won the Capital One Cup! The season was insane. I had great start, then quite mediocre mid season and amazing second half. I was most of the season on the 4th place but due to terrible last quarter of the season for Man U and Arsenal i climbed to the second place and held it. Tottenham had not very good start but from the beginning of the second half til the end they completely dominated everyone and claimed victory 3-4 games before the end of the season. Man United won 2 games out of their last 9 games xD getting 4 losses and 3 draws. During the first 29 league games they had only 3 losses and 3 draws.

And here's the man who made it all happen:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641173189528/2308AE8E607A4F2AAE4159AF500CBD69304DA583/

Humberto Suazo, my right side striker. I signed him from Mexico for total of about 6 million divided in monthly payments. Needless to say that was the best 6 million i have ever spent. He scored 23 league goals which gave him joint second place in top scorers list with Oliver Giroud. Steven Fletcher from Newcastle topped the list with 28 goals.
Sometimes i played Chamakh instead of him or Carroll and he got 13 goals from 14 games so did also quite well.

Here's Andy Carroll:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641173191048/DA9F90E887A26930CE6CFB6AE7720D1109C131D4/

He played on the left and did quite well, apart from getting yellow card in every game and bunch of red cards in top of that. Real beast of a player, in many ways :D

So happy i managed to defeat Chelsea 3 times this season and didn't lose to Man City even once (Tbh, they were quite poor the whole season, still they managed to reach Champions league semi-final tho and so did Chelsea, Man City lost to PSG and Chelsea lost to Barcelona in the semis.)

In other news: Barcelona won champions league, defeating PSG in the final 1-0. Dortmund won Bundesliga, 1 point ahead of Bayern, AC Milan won Italian league 1 point ahead of Juventus, and R. Madrid won La Liga 2 points ahead of Barcelona. Tottenham also won Europa League defeating Lille 2-0 in the final. Newcastle won the FA cup (Defeating Sunderland in the final 4-3) and Wolves, Watford and Brighton got promoted from Championship to Premier league.

So yeah, great tactic.

Last edited:
Yes, underdog tactic.

The season is now finished and what a season it was!

Some pictures:

Here's the final result of the Premier League:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641173188007/4687D3CDDF72563B0523117AB0D6E984E3878A5F/

As you can see i finished #2!!!!!! I also won the Capital One Cup! The season was insane. I had great start, then quite mediocre mid season and amazing second half. I was most of the season on the 4th place but due to terrible last quarter of the season for Man U and Arsenal i climbed to the second place and held it. Tottenham had not very good start but from the beginning of the second half til the end they completely dominated everyone and claimed victory 3-4 games before the end of the season. Man United won 2 games out of their last 9 games xD getting 4 losses and 3 draws. During the first 29 league games they had only 3 losses and 3 draws.

And here's the man who made it all happen:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641173189528/2308AE8E607A4F2AAE4159AF500CBD69304DA583/

Humberto Suazo, my right side striker. I signed him from Mexico for total of about 6 million divided in monthly payments. Needless to say that was the best 6 million i have ever spent. He scored 23 league goals which gave him joint second place in top scorers list with Oliver Giroud. Steven Fletcher from Newcastle topped the list with 28 goals.
Sometimes i played Chamakh instead of him or Carroll and he got 13 goals from 14 games so did also quite well.

Here's Andy Carroll:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641173191048/DA9F90E887A26930CE6CFB6AE7720D1109C131D4/

He played on the left and did quite well, apart from getting yellow card in every game and bunch of red cards in top of that. Real beast of a player, in many ways :D

So happy i managed to defeat Chelsea 3 times this season and didn't lose to Man City even once (Tbh, they were quite poor the whole season, still they managed to reach Champions league semi-final tho and so did Chelsea, Man City lost to PSG and Chelsea lost to Barcelona in the semis.)

In other news: Barcelona won champions league, defeating PSG in the final 1-0. Dortmund won Bundesliga, 1 point ahead of Bayern, AC Milan won Italian league 1 point ahead of Juventus, and R. Madrid won La Liga 2 points ahead of Barcelona. Tottenham also won Europa League defeating Lille 2-0 in the final. Newcastle won the FA cup (Defeating Sunderland in the final 4-3) and Wolves, Watford and Brighton got promoted from Championship to Premier league.

So yeah, great tactic.

Amazing!
Glad it's worked well for you. I suggest you sneak my THE TROOPER tactic in as a 3rd tactic for your next season as the IL DEVASTO will slowly start to become obsolete as opposition managers start to suss you out. So the trooper will give you a different alternative dimension to play with. The 4222 should still work fine 2nd season though providing you avoid the second season syndrome using training > teamwork though.
Good luck!

this tactic on a team instruction. use target man or not? sorry i cant understand in first page. its work well on 13.3.3?

Hi awesome tactic, I have had a good season with Arsenal so far had some hard losses against ManU and Chelsea, but overal have had some good wins. Managed to win the season (just) and that inculding buying no new transfers. But what I was wondering is, what PPM's would be suggested for this type of tactic?

Hey guys, I'm Marcelo from the SI Forum.

I have made a few tweaks to the original Il Devasto, nothing major, and got excelent results. Even with Real or Barca, I could not break the 150 goals in a season mark in FM13 until now (usually ended with 135 using other tactis).

I don't know if this will work with anything less than a top team, or even in a league other than Spain. I haven't tested it with other teams, but for those looking for an attacking tactic for a top team, this may be the one.

Some info:

- The DL gets to the attack a little more than the DR;
- The MCR main duty is defensive;
- The MCL will get into the area and score a few;
- In the wings you can play both wingers or inside forwards, or any combination of the two. I used Gotze as AML and Ozil as AMR for my first team; and di Maria as AML and Leon as AMR for my second team, and both worked very nicely;
- The SCR is your more creative one, Rooney is amazing here. If you have a very good player in this position, you can set him as your playmaker, but I prefer to play without one;
- The SCL is your main scorer.

With Real in the 2014-15 campaign, I used:

First Team/Second Team

GK Casillas/Bardi
DR Ramos/Arbeloa
DCR Varane/Zouma
DCL Pepe/Astori
DL Marcelo/Coentrao
MCR Alonso/Bender
MCL Modric/Khedira
AMR Ozil/Leon
AML Gotze/di Maria
STCR Rooney/Kaka
STCL Ronaldo/Higuain

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Some Screens:

Table (2014-15):

Fixtures:

Squad Stats:

Tactic download: __ Il devasto 2013 - tweaked by Marcelo

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm Marcelo from the SI Forum.

I have made a few tweaks to the original Il Devasto, nothing major, and got excelent results. Even with Real or Barca, I could not break the 150 goals in a season mark in FM13 until now (usually ended with 135 using other tactis).

I don't know if this will work with anything less than a top team, or even in a league other than Spain. I haven't tested it with other teams, but for those looking for an attacking tactic for a top team, this may be the one.

Some info:

- The DL gets to the attack a little more than the DR;
- The MCR main duty is defensive;
- The MCL will get into the area and score a few;
- In the wings you can play both wingers or inside forwards, or any combination of the two. I used Gotze as AML and Ozil as AMR for my first team; and di Maria as AML and Leon as AMR for my second team, and both worked very nicely;
- The SCR is your more creative one, Rooney is amazing here. If you have a very good player in this position, you can set him as your playmaker, but I prefer to play without one;
- The SCL is your main scorer.

With Real in the 2014-15 campaign, I used:

First Team/Second Team

GK Casillas/Bardi
DR Ramos/Arbeloa
DCR Varane/Zouma
DCL Pepe/Astori
DL Marcelo/Coentrao
MCR Alonso/Bender
MCL Modric/Khedira
AMR Ozil/Leon
AML Gotze/di Maria
STCR Rooney/Kaka
STCL Ronaldo/Higuain

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Some Screens:

Table (2014-15):

Fixtures:

Squad Stats:

Tactic download: __ Il devasto 2013 - tweaked by Marcelo

Looks excellent marcelo! Always look out for your tactics.

What match prep and general training did you use with this?

Looks excellent marcelo! Always look out for your tactics.

What match prep and general training did you use with this?

With me, match preparation is always attacking movement :D

General training will not have any influence on match day performance, anyway I use balanced on average.

He said he hasn't tested it with other teams, why not give it a go and see.