Indictment Charges Megaupload Site With Piracy

• Thread starter Thread starter Chokopop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 107
  • Views Views 7K
I still don't fully understand the law. So they want to punish someone who is streaming illegal materiel over 10 times in a 6 month spell. Do they mean those hosting the materiel or those watching/accessing it?

Well, if you're "streaming" something, you're watching it. So I think that's what they mean.

haha saw that coming no doubt, and around the time stuff on SOPA came. ;)

[video=youtube_share;o0Wvn-9BXVc]http://youtu.be/o0Wvn-9BXVc[/video]

rip megaupload XD.

Last edited:
Miles from SI saying MegaUpload have always taken down cracks/torrents when SI asked them quickly.

They dont tell people to upload copyrighted material and probably discourage.

Surely Youtube can be shut down for showing highlights to football matches etc?

well i have seen some Youtube channels that have la liga match ileagaly uploaded. ;)

but really, no, not variable ;)
some channels are official, like this one Kanal von thefacup - YouTube

and even la liga have there offical channel, so those ESPN.

What happens to the people who have paid for the service? Also ... was it MegaUpload putting up the copyright ****? If not then people who have should be punished, not the site. Oh and can someone explain SOPA to me. I get the basic outline, but its just mindfucking me, cba to read **** long wikipeida articles or whatever!

My point was, does this mean any website with User generated content can be shut down if some of that content breaches a copyright despite it being some users fault. Surely they should just have to come up with more stringent measures to combat it.

What happens to the people who have paid for the service? Also ... was it MegaUpload putting up the copyright ****? If not then people who have should be punished, not the site. Oh and can someone explain SOPA to me. I get the basic outline, but its just mindfucking me, cba to read **** long wikipeida articles or whatever!

allow me ;)

[video=youtube;t74BzyM7iis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t74BzyM7iis[/video]

and a funny edition for explain SOPA (but still works well XD)

[video=youtube;_TnwNBJZZOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TnwNBJZZOU[/video]

My point was, does this mean any website with User generated content can be shut down if some of that content breaches a copyright despite it being some users fault. Surely they should just have to come up with more stringent measures to combat it.

Thats really all the internet! Oh all these media companies saying people using our copyright is ******* us over. Do they not realize that its free advertisement? Fair enough I can understand taking down isohunt, tpb, etc, but most other sites would have to be censored no? Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc ... that would have to be majorly censored.

How the **** is ThePirateBay still running ? I mean, everyone knows what TPB is.

The pirate bay doesn't actually store the material. It just links you to the computer or computers that are sharing it.

So, if MU is down, I expect every other hosting site ( Fileserve, Filesonic, Wupload, Mediafire) to be shut down as well. How the **** is ThePirateBay still running ? I mean, everyone knows what TPB is.

mediafire is really interesting fish to catch. lots off pirated stuff go are upload, and then gets taken down. but it is still running. not to mention some people use it the right way, like uploading personal pictures, etc.

but i dont even have those pirate stuffs in my mediafire account. i have like some of my old docs and some backed upped files there.

and dont u scare me, cus its piling pressure on me XD

Last edited:
Surprised TBH. MegaUpload always seems to take the pirate files off swiftly...mediafire and 4shared are full of them, so they may be next

So wait hold up? Is the criminal bit only applying to the US? ... this SOPA **** is stupid as ****. If they go about it how it says, most websites will be taken down. And the 3 main sites which generate probably a lot of cash, should be taken down. And how is it youtubes fault if someone uploads a copyrighted song? Stupid as ****

mediafire is really interesting fish to catch. lots off pirated stuff go are upload, and then gets taken down. but it is still running. not to mention some people use it the right way, like uploading personal pictures, etc.

but i dont even have those pirate stuffs in my media account. i have like some of my old docs and some backed upped files there.

and dont u scare me, cus its piling pressure on me XD
Don't worry, you're not going to lose your files. Are you feeling better now ? You shouldn't, cuz I lied
trollface.img
The pirate bay doesn't actually store the material. It just links you to the computer or computers that are sharing it.
Oh, didn't know that. But still, they are supporting piracy.

I think this is the problem sites like facebook, twitter & [more publicly] wikipedia have with SOPA and/or PIPA, censoring the web is an insane idea. That, and the fact that the websites will be held responsible for user-uploaded content.. They don't really care about freedom, just don't want to be sued to **** and back.

Atm, it's only being called for in America, I imagine it's because most of the big media companies are based there. I guess they could try to bring it in over here, but I highly doubt it would go through.

I think the laws they are bringing in mean they can prosecute companies who are guilty of copyright infrindgement even if they are based outside of the US and will be able to force ISP's to block websites such as Piratebay, obviously no ISP are willing to do this at the moment, they would be mental to lose the business. There are other laws but I can't remember them.

The megaupload guy is a criminal, not an innocent man trying to make an honest living, so I have no sympathy. However, if they do somehow shut down TPB [I personally think it's almost impossible, especially after they've "shut it down" hundreds of times before] I will be seriously ******. Not that I'm a dirty pirate or anything. (;

Last edited:
I think this is the problem sites like facebook, twitter & [more publicly] wikipedia have with SOPA and/or PIPA, censoring the web is an insane idea. That, and the fact that the websites will be held responsible for user-uploaded content.. They don't really care about freedom, just don't want to be sued to **** and back.

Atm, it's only being called for in America, I imagine it's because most of the big media companies are based there. I guess they could try to bring it in over here, but I highly doubt it would go through.

I think the laws they are bringing in mean they can prosecute companies outside of the US and force ISP's to block websites such as Piratebay, obviously no ISP are willing to do this at the moment, they would be mental to lose the business. There are other laws but I can't remember them.

The megaupload guy is a criminal, not an innocent man trying to make an honest living, so I have no sympathy. However, if they do somehow shut down TPB [I personally think it's almost impossible, especially after they've "shut it down" hundreds of times before] I will be seriously ******. Not that I'm a dirty pirate or anything. (;

That's what I was thinking-European Court of human rights would probably get involved at some point if they tried it here

I have just decided what ****** me off more is the Americans use of acronyms for every law they try to pass.

If America do get this SOPA bill passed through congress then it will probably get passed in the UK as something in a similar guise as David Cameron will think it is a great idea of his for it to be used over here.

Don't worry, you're not going to lose your files. Are you feeling better now ? You shouldn't, cuz I lied

Troll-trollol.png

haha image upload failed. ;)

though i dont like dropbox for some uncertian reasons, guess thats my only hope. ;)

**** SOPA, **** PIPA. ******* hypocrites. If the bill finally passes I will mail a bag of **** to every legislator that supported it.

haha image upload failed. ;)

though i dont like dropbox for some uncertian reasons, guess thats my only hope. ;)
Nah, it's the new cool thing on net.
Sadpuss.img, or rolleyes.img

Anyway, i lold.
SOPA.+just+some+food+for+thought_9ae959_3199189.jpg

Back