Indictment Charges Megaupload Site With Piracy

• Thread starter Thread starter Chokopop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 107
  • Views Views 7K
They that give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety; deserve neither liberty nor safety.

- Benjamin Franklin

Nah, it's the new cool thing on net.
Sadpuss.img, or rolleyes.img

Anyway, i lold.
SOPA.+just+some+food+for+thought_9ae959_3199189.jpg

i think ur learning that new trick so that SOPA wont catch u ;)

get what i mean XD

Anon attacked several websites with DDoS Attacks, FBI website included, a Police website, and some more. Most of them are up again. However, the 'Anons' who did it went against the whole purpose of the Anon thing, and signed their NiCkNaMeS in a somewhat childish way. Let's hope they realize this is not about getting hacker's 'street cred' and see the bigger picture.

Hoping this has an effect, everybody should talk about it. FB statuses, Twit it, whatever, just let it be known.

Anon attacked several websites with DDoS Attacks, FBI website included, a Police website, and some more. Most of them are up again. However, the 'Anons' who did it went against the whole purpose of the Anon thing, and signed their NiCkNaMeS in a somewhat childish way. Let's hope they realize this is not about getting hacker's 'street cred' and see the bigger picture.

Hoping this has an effect, everybody should talk about it. FB statuses, Twit it, whatever, just let it be known.

This is the thing for me, unless its a dedicated fightback against the incoming SOPA (and lets not kid ourselves, they were right to shut down megaupload) then i'm not interested.

The Document by US district Court on MegaUpload 'conspiracy'
Justice Department indictment of MegaUpload - Los Angeles Times

funny how some people are saying it cuz of SOPA, when it clearly isn't.

We know it wasn't SOPA, that bill hasn't been passed yet...

Which begs the quesiton; how the fudge did American's prosecute a German man, living in New Zealand for a company based in Hong Kong...? I'm starting to think Team America was less of a ****-take and more a documentry.

Tbh, this is typical America though. There are criminals out there tha cause harm to innocent people, etc, etc, but who do they go after? The big bad internet men who cost take the greedy corporation's spare change. Urgh.

There are criminals out there tha cause harm to innocent people, etc, etc, but who do they go after? The big bad internet men who cost take the greedy corporation's spare change. Urgh.

All criminals need to be caught and brought to justice. Just because this one doesn't sit well with you and it means you may not be able to steal copy written material, doesn't mean you should throw your toys out of the pram. ;)

Which begs the quesiton; how the fudge did American's prosecute a German man, living in New Zealand for a company based in Hong Kong...? I'm starting to think Team America was less of a ****-take and more a documentry.

What are the Piracy Laws in Hong Kong?

I know the USA Gov't sent a letter to TPB's owner some time ago, who replied mocking their attempt. That was because it's server is located in Sweden (if I'm not mistaken), who has none/much less sctrict Online Piracy Laws.

All criminals need to be caught and brought to justice. Just because this one doesn't sit well with you and it means you may not be able to steal copy written material, doesn't mean you should throw your toys out of the pram. ;)

Technically it's not stealing, it's copying.

Meh, I don't use megaupload, no problem to me.

But, hey, if you want to live in a world where you let your government control what you can and can't see then be my guest..

We know it wasn't SOPA, that bill hasn't been passed yet...

Tbh, this is typical America though. There are criminals out there tha cause harm to innocent people, etc, etc, but who do they go after? The big bad internet men who cost take the greedy corporation's spare change. Urgh.

Umm not sure how this is typical america? not as if this has stopped them from going after other criminals. And they were right to. You dont think the UK has global reach too? Or China? Or France? etc

But, hey, if you want to live in a world where you let your government control what you can and can't see then be my guest..

It's funny seeing the different opinions on some of the message boards I'm a member of.
On the current affairs forums the main opinion is positive, that the internet is finally being taken to task and facing facts that it can no longer exist outside common law and continue in the way it has progressed.
On sites populated by kids, it's all "f**k da government"... "Waaah Waaaahhh they tuk my free tings..." ;)

I suggest a bit of growing up.

It's funny seeing the different opinions on some of the message boards I'm a member of.
On the current affairs forums the main opinion is positive, that the internet is finally being taken to task and facing facts that it can no longer exist outside common law and continue in the way it has progressed.
On sites populated by kids, it's all "f**k da government"... "Waaah Waaaahhh they tuk my free tings..." ;)

My issue with SOPA is that as it stands, underneath what could be a good idea, is a mechanism so broad that it allows almost any site to be shut down at whim and with little recourse. A little more sinister than kids moaning

not as if this has stopped them from going after other criminals.

It's the same response you get from young lads who are stopped for speeding, or kids caught drinking outdoors or something. You know the drill?? "The police took my drink and told us to go home... should be chasing real criminals" etc...
It's a common immature viewpoint.

I don't see how that can be productive for the thread, all you did was imply most of our opinions are childish, because 'grownups forums agree with this'.

The problem here seems to be, more than justice, profit. You can do what you want until you mess with Big Companies' money.

Don't see how this will work though tbh. I don't condone piracy a jot........but surely with each site that gets closed another could potentially spring up within hours anyway such is the knowlegdge of programmers/web designers etc.

Back