Injuries you have suffered thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 8K
nothin at all bad

strained calf has probably been my worst injury in football.

also had a few near problems as a goalkeeper in futsal, nearly fractured wrist, nearly broken thumb and finger, but nothing terrible :D

I've broken my thumb.
I've had a ****** up leg for about 2 years, but it's got a lot better :) Was at the point where it hurt every time I bent it for a while.
And... I had strangulated testicles! Put me off the rugby pitch for a few months :( Imagine the pain of being punched there, but it constantly being there. When ever you move a leg.

Fractured shoulder after falling akwardly on it challenging for a header. Broken toes after getting stood on by some big guy on the football field. Another one I did whilst playing football was strain my knee ligaments, which was nearly as painful as the shoulder injury. As I was running in one direction I quickly changed to chase back as we lost possesion, I fell to the floor and the pain in my knee was awful.

The fractures shoulder kept me out for 3 months, the broken toes for just over a month and the knee ligaments took 4 month to heal.

Can't think of anything off the field, just the odd black eye and a cut or two which have developed into scars.

In Year 10 we went to this Science museum with school

They have this interactive volleyball game in which it projects your image onto a screen and picks up your movement to hit the virtual ball over the net.

There was about 20 of us playing it, and I jumped to hit the ball, unfortunately so does my friend, heads smack together, massive bump and a concussion ! The teachers were not impressed :D

my brother broke my toe in a slide tackle,
i jarred my spine, i could hardly walk for weeks

Last year at powerleague got two fractures in my foot (cuneirform) and strained all of the tendons on the top of my foot in one tackle, hurt like **** and no football for 2 months :S

Other than that, broken both thumbs, 3 fingers and a broken jaw.

Only football injury was a broken wrist from being in goal playing heads and volleys, there was quite a bit of power on the shot...

Non-football - Dislocated and broken little finger, broken thumb, several broken toes

not quite a break, but in year 7 (some years ago now), i was in technology using a blow torch for metal work. I put it down and went to the sink to cool the metal. But my mate turned round with his blow torch still fully on. Burnt all up my arm and singed some of my hair and eyebrows. The teacher said that if it would have been any closer it would have definitely blinded me. Was a laugh after though. No hair on my arm for a while :)

As far as football goes, never had a break in my life. MY ankle did fold underneath me after landing awkwardly last year (november). My mate heard the crunch from like 20 yards away. Hurt like ****. But we were short on numbers so i decided to play on. Strapped it up with electrical tape directly on to the skin. Worked really well actually :). Hurt a lot when i shot but you cant have it all can you :). Took it off when i got home. (dont put electrical tape on hairy legs btw). Ankle went black within 20 mins, swelled to like 3 times the size. Went to hospital, waited for the swelling to go down, and they refused to x-ray me as they were too busy and said it wasn't even sprained! They said no exercise for 3 days and it will be fine. Took almost 2 months till i could run, 3 months until i could play footy again.

Last edited:
I fractured my knee-cap playing football,ruined my chance of playing for Real Madrid at the age of 10 although Im trying now:)

Back