[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

• Thread starter Thread starter TheLuckDuck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 714
  • Views Views 349K
View attachment 104111
FOUR JOIN INGOLSTADT
View attachment 104110
Following the gutting of the FC Ingolstadt side, manager Matthew Hawkins has acted quickly in replacing his departed stars, spending €21m in the process

First to join was Slovenian winger Luka Plesec, who joined Ingolstadt for €170,000

The 20 year old is a former player of Hawkins' having played for him at Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz where he spent a season on loan from boyhood club NK Domzale, for whom he made 55 league appearances before joining Ingolstadt
View attachment 104109

Next to join was another of Hawkins' former players in Scott Wilson, who's joined Ingolstadt for €11m from Watford

Wilson, 23, played under Hawkins for three years at St Patrick's Athletic, making 88 league appearances before making his big money move to England, where he made 89 league appearances for Watford

The 23 year old has also found some success on the international stage, making 31 appearances for Northern Ireland and earning qualification for the upcoming European Championship
View attachment 104108

The next signing was a direct replacement for the outgoing Torsten Becker as Ingolstadt signed left winger Paul Spörl from Borussia Dortmund for €6m

Ironically Spörl, 18, started his career at Augsburg before joining Dortmund and has made 105 appearances at various levels for the two giants' reserve sides, scoring 16 and bagging 37 assists, but never catching a break in the first team
View attachment 104102

And last but not least is Hyüssein Karadeniz, who's joined Ingolstadt from FSV Mainz for €5.5m

Karadeniz, like Spörl, made many appearances for the reserve side of Mainz but never broke into the first team but the 18 year old has been offered a chance at a club on the verge of the Bundesliga
View attachment 104101

Augsburg nicking my best winger and signing the guy I'd earmarked as Stojkovic's replacement on deadline day has really inspired a deep hatred for them

Watch out, Augsburg.

FEBRUARY
View attachment 104028
No January for us, winter break nonsense

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 1-0 SV Darmstadt

View attachment 104027
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels (Young 72), Wilson, Trifunovic, Delaney, Spörl (Plesec 72), Hiemeleers

The league restarts with- well not exactly a bang, but it'll do

DFB-POKAL QUARTER FINAL
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104026
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason,, Wittek, Fels, Wilson 53, Trifunovic, Delaney (Unsöld 53), Spörl, Hiemeleers

And the cup run is over. What was very frustrating about this game was that the match stats were virtually the same and Dortmund never really outclassed us

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 4-0 FSV Frankfurt

View attachment 104022
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels (Young 70), Wilson, Trifunovic, Delaney, Spörl, Hiemeleers (Taylor 70)

That's one way to respond! **** Frankfurt are the shittest team in the league but we still have to beat them

2.BUNDESLIGA
Greuther Fürth 0-0 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104021
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels, Wilson (Young 74), Trifunovic, Adlberger, Spörl (Plesec 4), Hiemeleers (Taylor 24)

Two injured players and a red card, Fürth are probably the dirtiest team in the league at this point. Well, apart from us that is

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 104020
We restart the season the way we ended it. Top of the league

MARCH
View attachment 104013
Can we MARCH on to glory? I'll show myself out...

2.BUNDESLIGA
1860 Munich 1-4 FC Ingolstadt
View attachment 104012
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Wilson, Fels (Young 75), Trifunovic, Adlberger (Taylor 75), Plesec, Delaney

A relatively simple victory as we annihilate rivals 1860 away from home to go one step closer to the league title

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 0-0 FC St. Pauli

View attachment 104011
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Wilson, Fels (Young 59), Trifunovic, Delaney, Plesec, Taylor (Adlberger 59)

A bore draw against promotion rivals St Pauli in what was a very frustrating day at the office

2.BUNDESLIGA
VfL Osnabrück 2-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104010
Murphy, Sauer, Mance, van der Plas, Wittek, Wilson, Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney, Plesec, Taylor (Adlberger 57)

Well. Our second league defeat of the season and it comes against Osnabrück, f*cking Osnabrück. I don't want to talk about it

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 3-0 FC Union Berlin

View attachment 104009
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, van der Plas, Wittek, Wilson, Fels 54, Trifunovic (Plesec 45), Delaney (Young 77), Spörl, Taylor

An excellent win despite the red card as we smash Berlin with the ex-St Pat's duo of Delaney and Taylor combining to beat the capital side

2.BUNDESLIGA
SC Freiburg 1-2 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104008
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, van der Plas, Sauer, Wilson, Adlberger (Unsöld 60), Plesec, Delaney (Young 60), Spörl, Taylor

A side hampered by injuries overcame the impressive Freiburg with an equally impressive performance as two fringe players in Brian Taylor and **** van der Plas put our foes from the "Sunniest city in Germany" to the sword

APRIL
View attachment 104002
Only a FOOL would think we won't go up now. I'll get my coat....

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 0-1 Fortuna Düsseldorf

View attachment 104001
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, van der Plas, Wilson, Fels (Young 68), Plesec (Trifunovic 68), Delaney, Spörl, Taylor
Not the greatest start to the month as we suffer a defeat to lowly Düsseldorf

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Kaiserslautern 0-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 103999
Murphy, Sauer, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Wilson, Fels (Misic 70), Trifunovic, Delaney (Hiemeleers 83), Plesec, Taylor (Adlberger 70)

Back-to-back 1-0s as we get back on track with a win away to Kaiserslautern. Zero bookings in this match which is unusual for us

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 1-1 Preußen Münster

View attachment 103998
Murphy, Sauer, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Wilson (Young 61), Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney, Plesec, Hiemeleers

A disappointing draw at home to Münster to end an inconsistent month. Are we bottling it?

MAY
View attachment 103967
Three games to go. Can we seal the title?

2.BUNDESLIGA
Werder Bremen 0-2 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 103966
Murphy, Sauer, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels (Young 87), Wilson, Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 87), Plesec, Hiemeleers
I would like to thank former captain Jose-Enrique Rios Alonso for confirming our promotion with an own goal. He complained that the club wasn't going anywhere while he was here and now he's sent us up and he's in mid-table with Werder Bremen. Have that you ******.

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 3-0 Eintracht Braunschweig

View attachment 103961
Murphy, Sauer, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels, Wilson (Unsöld 77), Trifunovic, Delaney, Plesec (Spörl 61), Hiemeleers (Taylor 61)

CHAMPIONES, CHAMPIONES, OLE, OLE, OLE! A second half blitz of goals from Mance, Taylor and Spörl just gave us the title in front of a capacity crowd! Get in!

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Heidenheim 0-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 103960
Murphy, Sauer, van der Plas, Arnason, Wittek, Wilson, Fels (Young 70), Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 70), Spörl, Hiemeleers

A pretty poor game to end the season, but I don't care

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 103955
Bundesliga here we come!

Well done. Like how this save is taking you all over.

You targeting any particular league or country as "dream" job placement?

Well done. Like how this save is taking you all over.

You targeting any particular league or country as "dream" job placement?
Cheers mate :)

I wouldn't say there's a "dream job", I'm pretty happy with Ingolstadt, but if something interesting pops up, you never know :)

Very well done mate. Looking forward to seeing what next season brings

30th of August 2024The summer has been a frustrating one. Extremely frustrating.

The frustration started as soon as I was called in by the board to discuss budgets. I was thinking we'd just need around €10m to definitely stay up. I was given €3m.

Of course, having such a small budget in one of the richest leagues in the world was problematic (the prize money is larger than the Premier League) and it was a problem that was hard to overcome, especially as I was watching teams in this league routinely spending €40m+. This season I'm competing with Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg etc, but the board seem to think we're still competing with Osnabrück and Sandhausen!

And as such, according to the Bundesliga we had a net spend of (€2.43m), we made money! We also have the lowest Salary Per Annum, clocking in at €20m, peanuts compared to Bayern Munich's monstrous €149m.

Onto the business side of things. Kosovan midfielder Errol Zejnullahu joined Kaiserslautern for €100,000. Homegrown centre-back Thomas Carstensen joined Greuther Fürth for €2.8m and the board went over my head in selling young centre-back Kristian Krauß to Shalke for €3.1m, rising to €7.25m. Cheers guys.

Anyway onto the lads I've brought in, most of them came in on day one and I've produced a fancy catwalk of them.

SIMON JERMOL - NK CELJE - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 103812
With Bayern Munich sniffing around Greg Murphy I needed a backup and here he is. Better than the youngsters pretending to be backup last season and with a bit of potential of his own

MIJO CUFTA - VfL OSNABRÜCK - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 103809
Another free transfer and another backup, this one has come in to offer backup to Maximilian Wittek at left-back

KARI HANNESSON - ROYAL MOUSCRON-PERUWLEZ - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 103807
Another backup on a free! This has mainly been an exercise in securing backups and ensuring that there are sufficient numbers in the squad so that we aren't left wanting late in the season

MARKO GOVEDARICA - BORRUSIA MÖNCHENGLADBACH - €180,000
View attachment 103805
Goran Trifunovic aside, we don't really have anyone who can play on the right wing. Marko has come in to rectify that and offer some competition

AYKUT DENIZ - FORTUNA KÖLN - €120,000
View attachment 103802
A decent prospect brought in from **** Köln, we now have 4 goalkeepers with good potential

JOE HAINES - BAYERN MUNICH - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 103800
Arnason and Mance had a pretty solid partnership, but with the departure of Rios Alonso as well as the youngsters Cartensen and Krauße we didn't really have a backup for that right sided centre-back. Haines is that man

SEBASTIAN VOSS - 1860 MUNICH - €3.5M
View attachment 103798
Following Stojkovic's departure, Maximialian Sauer was the only backup we had a right back. He's not good enough at this level so we spent almost all of our money on this guy. I'm also not completely sold on Karadeniz, this guy could be our main right-back this season

JULIAN BAUMGARTLINGER - CAGLIARI - €2.5M
View attachment 103796
We have a very young squad and we needed an older head, in steps Julian Baumgartlinger, the 36 year old formerly of good Köln and Leverkusen who also has 84 caps for Austria. Sufficiently experienced, I reckon

ALEXANDR IVANOV - ZENIT ST. PETERSBURG - LOAN

View attachment 103794
We needed another backup striker but couldn't afford to buy one.

The season starts tomorrow. We have Freiburg at home and I just realised that Woflsburg just smashed champions Dortmund 4-0 away from home. I'm scared.

Hahah, love this. **** of a season fair play. Bit of a bummer with that transfer budget, it's going to be a challenge this comming season, Bundesliga is tough. From what I've read so far though, you'll probably win the league.
Cheers mate. The caption thing took ages to figure out what to say, although I never envisaged a Brendan Rodgers rant :P

The budget was a bit disappointing and a few jobs came up that tempted me to go for, but I'm happy here

PS. There will be no league-winning of any kind. Not this season at least

AUGUST
View attachment 103707
This is it. The Bundesliga. The season seemed to start later than normal, it may have been because of the Euros and the Olympics but I'm not really sure. Nobody tells me these things

DFB-POKAL FIRST ROUND
SC Victoria Hamburg 0-6 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 103706
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels, Baumgartlinger (Young 62), Trifunovic, Delaney, Spörl, Hiemeleers (Taylor 76)

One of the (many) cons of being in the Bundesliga is that we get the annual "Beat a **** team to kick off the campaign" in the German Cup and we did just that. Eventually. To be only 1-0 up at half-time was worrying but the bollocking worked and we went out to score 5 more

BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 3-1 SC Freiburg

View attachment 103701
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance 64, Arnason, Wittek, Fels (Young 59), Trifunovic, Adlberger (Haines 64), Spörl, Hiemeleers (Taylor 59)

A solid start to the Bundesliga campaign as we register a comprehensive victory over fellow newboys Freiburg. We dominated the game and deserved the win. Worryingly it appears last season's disciplinary issues may have carried over, that could be problematic

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 103700
Dortmund got smashed

Just caught up!

Haven't played the game or been on here in about 2 months but finally have time to get back into it!

I left you at St Pats, hard to believe you got them into the top 100 clubs in Europe and then left them for a division 2 team in Belgium but it seems to have worked out!

Good work so far at Ingolstadt!

Just caught up!

Haven't played the game or been on here in about 2 months but finally have time to get back into it!

I left you at St Pats, hard to believe you got them into the top 100 clubs in Europe and then left them for a division 2 team in Belgium but it seems to have worked out!

Good work so far at Ingolstadt!
Cheers mate :)

The jump from St Pats to Belgium kind of annoyed me to be honest, but I'd decided it was better to go to a smaller team in a more reputable country rather than spend another 3 years at St Pats, slowly building the reputation of Ireland. Also, all my players were agitating for moves

Fortunately the move seems to have worked out so far, although the Bundesliga is tougher than I imagined

SEPTEMBER
View attachment 103585
We have Dortmund and Wolfsburg back-to-back. I'm scared

BUNDESLIGA
Hertha Berlin 2-3 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 103584
Murphy, Karadeniz, Haines, Arnason, Wittek, Wilson, Baumgartlinger (Fels 61), Govedarica, Delaney (Adlberger 45), Plesec, Hiemeleers (Taylor 61)

We were fairly poor for most of the match and allowed Berlin to dominate us for large portions of the game but the last half an hour was all us. We switched it on and properly went at Berlin, resulting in a second win in a row!

BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 2-2 Wolfsburg

View attachment 103583
Murphy, Karadeniz (Voss 81), Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels, Wilson (Baumgartlinger 59), Govedarica, Adlberger, Plesec, Hiemeleers (Taylor 67)

I am absolutely gutted. To be 2-0 up with 8 minutes to go and draw 2-2 is completely unacceptable and we really should have held on for a memorable win. Taylor hit the side netting almost immediately after Wolfsburg's first. Gutted.

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Dortmund 3-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 103582
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels, Wilson, Trifunovic, Adlberger (Taylor 62), Plesec (Spörl 62), Hiemeleers

No chance of victory here as the champions destroyed us. They beat us 3-0 last year though, so improvement?

BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 2-1 VfL Bochum

View attachment 103581
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels (Young 55), Wilson, Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 74), Spörl, Hiemeleers

Bochum are **** and we should have blown them away and the first 10 minutes were promising, the rest of the game was ****

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 103580
7 points from a possible 12 is decent but it really should have been 9

OCTOBER
View attachment 103521
We have Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen this month. Gulp.

BUNDESLIGA
Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 103520
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels, Wilson (Young 72), Trifunovic, Delaney (Taylor 72), Plesec, Hiemeleers

Frankfurt are **** and a team we should have beat, but they really turned it on today and has us beat by half-time

BUNDESLIGA
Bayer Leverkusen 4-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 103519
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Baumgartlinger (Delaney 63), Wilson, Fels, Trifunovic, Spörl, Hiemeleers

Two abject performances in a row as Leverkusen tore us apart, re-assembled us and tore us apart once again. Very poor.

BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 2-0 Bayern Munich

View attachment 103518
Murphy, Karadeniz, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Fels, Wilson (Young 74), Trifunovic, Delaney, Plesec, Hiemeleers (Ivanov 85)

I wanted a reaction and boy did I get one! What a massive result as we hold Bayern off well at one end and strike with staggering efficiency at the other. What a way for Ivanov to introduce himself

DFB-POKAL SECOND ROUND
Arminia Bielefeld 1-0 FC Ingolstadt

After Extra-Time
View attachment 103517
Murphy, Karadeniz, Haines, Arnason, Wittek, Young, Baumgartlinger (Fels 107), Trifunovic (Govedarica 107), Delaney (Ivanov 61), Spörl, Hiemeleers

Well, that's embarrassing

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 103516
Bayern aside, what an awful month

Back