[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

• Thread starter Thread starter TheLuckDuck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 714
  • Views Views 349K
2 more victories and you'll be sure to play the promotion final game at the end of season :D

OCTOBER
View attachment 105235
We had a very hectic schedule last month, fortunately we'll actually have some breaks this time out

PROXIMUS LEAGUE FIRST PHASE
KAS Eupen 1-0 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 105225
Zakar, De Kegel (Oblak 71), Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet, Tirpan, David, Cedres (Delaney 45), Gannon, Grieve (Shevlin 62)

A first minute goal was enough for Eupen as we failed to get going today. A very poor display.

KSV Roeselare 0-2 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz
View attachment 105224
Zakar, Tirpan, Jonsson, de Jong, Alan (Arnason 61), Marquet, Stojanovic, David, Delaney, Gannon, Anyora (Shevlin 61)

A perfect response to a disappointing defeat as we comfortably dispatch Roeselare and bag another 3 points

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 3-1 Liege
View attachment 105223
Zakar, Tirpan, De Kegel, de Jong, Mestdagh, Marquet, Stojanovic (Oblak 58), David, Delaney, Gannon, Anyora

A comfortable 3-1 victory but it should have been more, but three points are three points

Lommel United 2-2 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 105216
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic, David, Delaney (Grieve 73), Gannon, Anyora (Shevlin 55)

To take an early lead and then find ourselves 2-1 down is disappointing but fortunately Matthew Shevlin saved my bacon once again and grabbed us a point

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 105212
We've qualified for the Champions Playoff!

NOVEMBER
View attachment 105200
The Belgian Cup returns this month as we take on KV Kortijk for a place in the Quarter Final

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 2-0 Cercle Brugge

View attachment 105199
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic (Ivkovic 64), David, Delaney, Gannon, Anyora (Grieve 45)

A simple 2-0 victory over struggling Brugge with Delaney bagging a first half brace

PROXIMUS LEAGUE SECOND PHASE
Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 2-0 Lierse SK

View attachment 105198
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong (Arnason 65), Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic (Ivkovic 65), David, Delaney, Gannon,, Anyora (Shevlin 76)

We begin the Second Phase the way we ended the First, with a comfortable 2-0 win

KAS Eupen 0-0 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 105197
Zakar, Meyler, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic (Oblak 73), David, Delaney, Gannon (Grieve 74), Anyora (Shevlin 58)

Samson Anyora was issued a warning after hits game. He was shocking.

BELGIAN CUP SEVENTH ROUND
KV Kortijk 1-2 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 105196
Zakar, Meyler, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic (Ivkovic 67), David, Delaney (Grieve 88), Gannon, Anyora (Shevlin 56)

GET IN THERE! We fell behind but regrouped well with Gannon bagging an excellent equaliser before Matthew Shevlin showed Samson Anyora how to take penalties with a great winner

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 105195
A decent start to the Second Phase

DECEMBER
View attachment 105025
Time for some festive fun

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 1-1 Liege

View attachment 105022
Zakar, Tirpan 72, Van Durmen, de Jong, Gunnlaugsson (Arnason 72), Marquet, Stojanovic (Ivkovic 71), David, Delaney, Gannon, Anyora (Shevlin 71)
We battered Liege and its disgraceful that we never broke through, he may have scored but Anyora was absolutely woeful today

Lommel United 1-0 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 105024
Zakar, Meyler, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Ivkovic, Stojanovic, David, Delaney, Gannon (Cedres 66), Anyora (Shevlin 66)

A poor performance added to a poor defeat as we slip up away to Lommel. Anyora was dreadful and received a formal warning following the match

BELGIAN CUP QUARTER FINAL
SV Zulte Waregem 0-4 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 105023
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet (Ivkovic 63), Stojanovic, David, Delaney (Cedres 63), Gannon, Anyora

I think its fair to say the warning worked! We dominated Waregem from start to finish and were led by the excellent Anyora, who bagged a magnificent hat-trick to put us into the semi final, where we'll play KVC Westerlo

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 0-0 Cercle Brugge

View attachment 105017
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic (Ivkovic 66), David, Cedres, Gannon, Anyora (Shevlin 72)

How can you go from beating Zulte Waregem away to drawing with **** Brugge at home? Our players are a joke sometimes

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 105016
Cup aside this has been a poor month

JANUARY TRANSFERS
View attachment 104882
We're in 2023. Neymar is the Ballon D'Or holder (Messi has 9!), Italy have won back-to-back World Cup titles and we're a year away from the next European Championship, which is to be held in Spain

But nobody really cares about that, the thing that most people care about are the transfer dealings of Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz.

TRANSFERS OUT
We said goodbye to some friends. Traitors.

JOHANN DAVID TO HIBERNIAN FOR €800,000
View attachment 104881
This ****** me off. The board went behind my back and agreed this deal, which meant I frantically looked for a better deal, we had €1.3m offers agreed with NAC Breda, Reading and Millwall and the **** picks Hibs

AGUSTIN CEDRES TO VIKTORIA PLZEN FOR €200,000
View attachment 104878
Cedres is a pretty decent player but he never had a look in with Gannon dominating his position so we decided to cash in before his contract ran out

JON JONSSON TO KRC GENK FOR €625,000
View attachment 104876
Jon came in for free in the summer and has only played 3 games so I was more than happy to take Genk's offer

TRANSFERS IN
Some people had the honour of becoming Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz players, let's meet the lucky souls

KARI HANNESSON - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 104875
Another Icelander to join our Viking contingent! With David's departure we looked a little light in the middle so I've brought in Kari as a bit of cover

JOHN SMITH FROM KILMARNOCK FOR €160,000
View attachment 104874
With Jonsson going we needed another centre back. In step John Smith, he's young, cheap, is full of potential and is arguably better than Jonsson. Happy days.

OLAFUR PETERSSON - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 104873
My Director of Football organised this. He's gone out on loan to Westerlo for the rest of the season

ROBBIE D'HAESE FROM KV OOSTENDE FOR €190,000
View attachment 104872
David's departure left us with gaps to fill, hopefully Robbie can help plug a few of those

STJEPAN TADIC - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 104871
Not the best deal, it has to be said

JABA MAISURADZE FROM TSKHINVALLI FOR €550,000
View attachment 104867
With Cedres leaving we needed some strength in depth in the attacking midfield position and I think Maisuradze can provide that. 21 years old and already 20 caps for Georgia. I like him

JANUARY
View attachment 104847
2023 is upon us and we're looking forward to a potential promotion!

Beerschot-Wilrijk 0-0 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 104846
Zakar, De Kegel, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan 86, Ivkovic, Vaccaro, David (Oblak 58), Delaney, Gannon (Arnason 86), Anyora (Shevlin 58)
A horrendous performance from both sides lead to a bore draw where the only action of note was Alan's dismissal

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 0-1 KSV Roeselare

View attachment 104845
Dujardin, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Gunnlaugsson, Hannesson, Ivkovic (Gannon 79), Stojanovic, Delaney, Grieve, Anyora (Ahevlin 79)

Injuries, suspensions and international call-ups meant we went for a 4-1-2-1-2 today and boy did it fail! We produced a dismal performance and lost even more ground in the title race

Lierse SK 1-4 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 104844
Dujardin, Tirpan, Van Durmen (Smith 68), de Jong, Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic, Ivkovic, Delaney, Gannon (Cedres 65), Anyora (Shevlin 68)

We fell behind early on here and that had me preparing for the worst, fortunately we rallied and destroyed Lierse, smashing 4 past them and registering our first league win of 2023 in emphatic fashion

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 1-0 KAS Eupen
View attachment 104843
Defourny, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Ivkovic (Hannesson 68), Stojanovic, Vaccaro, Delaney, Marquet (Grieve 45), Anyora

Our second league win of 2023 came with our only shot on target. Lucky.

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 104842
Not the greatest month but not the worst either

FEBRUARY
View attachment 104840
We showed signs of improvement towards the end of last month, can we continue in that vein?

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 3-0 Beerschot-Wilrijk

View attachment 104837
Defourny, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet (Hannesson 57), Stojanovic, Ivkovic, Delaney, Maisuradze, Anyora (Shevlin 70)
We scored every shot on target. Clinical, poor goalkeeping or lucky? Or all three?

Liege 0-4 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 104834
Defourny, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong (Smith 85), Alan, Marquet, D'Haese, Ivkovic (Hannesson 55), Delaney, Maisuradze (Shevlin 55), Anyora

We've suddenly hit a bit of form! A 3-0 win then a 4-0 win! What is this madness?

BELGIAN CUP SEMI FINAL FIRST LEG
Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 4-0 KVC Westerlo

View attachment 104833
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet, D'Haese (Hannesson 65), Stojanovic, Delaney, Maisuradze, Anyora (Shevlin 65)

Oh we do love our 4-0 cup wins! An excellent performance and result as we batter Westerlo in the first leg and all but secure our place in the final!

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 2-0 Lommel United

View attachment 104832
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong (Smith 66), Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic (Hannesson 66), D'Haese, Delaney, Maisuradze (Gannon 66), Anyora

If Anyora could take penalties, he'd have had a first-half hat-trick

BELGIAN CUP SEMI FINAL SECOND LEG
KVC Westerlo 0-0 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz win 4-0 on Aggregate

View attachment 104831
Zakar, De Kegel, Smith, Arnason, Gunnlaugsson, Hannesson, Ivkovic, Stojanovic, Maisuradze (Tadic 67), Greive, Anyora (Shevlin 67)

Our reserves did a job on Westerlo and booked our place in the final!

Cercle Brugge 2-0 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 104830
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Alan, Marquet (Maisuradze 45), D'Haese, Ivkovic, Delaney, Gannon, Anyora (Shevlin 63)

Deja vu? We batter a Jupiler Pro League team then lose to **** Brugge

KSV Roeselare 0-1 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 104829
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, de Jong, Gunnlaugsson, Marquet, Stojanovic, Vaccaro, Delaney, Gannon, Anyora

A scrappy 1-0 win to end the season. But that 1-0 was enough for us to break two records. Goals scored (47) and games won (18)

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 104828
We play Lommel United in the Champions Playoff

CHAMPIONS PLAYOFF
View attachment 104820
Lommel United (managed by Wesley Sneijder) are all that stand between us and the Jupiler Pro League

CHAMPIONS PLAYOFF FIRST LEG
Lommel United 1-2 Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

View attachment 104819
Zakar, Tirpan, Van Durmen, Smith, Gunnlaugsson, Marquet, D'Haese, Stojanovic, Delaney, Gannon (Maisuradze 65), Anyora (Grieve 59)

When Lommel took the lead within the first minute, I feared the worst. Fortunately our team is made of sterner stuff and rallied, equalising minutes later before dominating the game and getting a somewhat fortunate penalty at the end, which Luka Stojanovic dispatched for his first ever Mouscron goal

CHAMPIONS PLAYOFF SECOND LEG
Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 2-1 Lommel United

Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz win 4-2 on Aggregate

View attachment 104818
Zakar, De Kegel, Van Durmen, Smith, Alan, Marquet, Stojanovic, Vaccaro (D'Haese 63), Delaney, Gannon (Maisuradze 63), Anyora (Shevlin 73)

An almost carbon copy of the first game as Lommel take an early lead before we play them off the park and win through a penalty! WE'RE IN THE JUPILER PRO LEAGUE!

View attachment 104817

View attachment 104816
Cheers guys...

BELGIAN CUP FINAL
View attachment 104815
ROYAL MOUSCRON-PERUWELZ v CLUB BRUGGE

View attachment 104814 View attachment 104813
Perennial winners Club Brugge take on Proximus League champions Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz

LINEUPS

View attachment 104810
Mouscron go for a narrow 4-3-2-1 whilst Brugge opt for a wide 4-2-3-1

KICK-OFF
14th Minute-D'Haese stands over the corner, its an outswinger, it isn't cleared by Brugge... its fallen to DELANEY!!!! Saved! He should have scored
39th Minute-Hansson's corner aimed towards the edge of the box, its cut out well by Smith and now hears Anyora, can Mouscron break from here? Here's Tirpan, inside to Gannon, through for Marquet, he shoots... HE SCORES!!! ROYAL MOUSCRON-PERUWELZ HAVE THE LEAD!!!

HALF-TIME
Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 1-0 Clubb Brugge
Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz are good value for their lead the the break
SUBS: Fred Friday replaces Emil Hansson for Club Brugge. Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz remain unchanged.

SECOND-HALF
61st Minute-Ricardo Azevedo replaces Matteo Zanini for Club Brugge

63rd Minute-Marwuet has the ball now for Mouscron, they're being patient now outside the Brugge box, he goes back to D'Haese, forward for Gannon, now into Anyora who sprays it out wide for Alan, Alan takes it on, whips it in for ANYORA!!! AND ITS 2-0!!!

64th Minute-Adrien Bongiovanni replaces Rik Bogers for Club Brugge

72nd Minute-Zeljko Ivkovic replaces Robbie D'Haese for Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz
91st Minute-The ball drops out wide for Alan, he plays it inside to Vaccaro, Vaccro plays it to Marquet, he takes it on, the crowd call on him to shoot, Maarquet hits it... OH MY WORD WHAT A GOAL FROM FRANCOIS MARQUET

FULL-TIME
Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz 3-0 Club Brugge
The underdogs have shocked Brugge here

View attachment 104812

View attachment 104811

30th of March 2023Its been a few days since the Belgian Cup win and I'm finally on the comedown. The days since the win have been filled with parties, booze and fun and that's started to take its toll on the squad, fortunately we don't have any games for the remainder of the season.

Its strange to start the season in August and end in March, but that's the way its worked out for us as we completed a sensational double, including a fantastic Belgian Cup win against Club Brugge, have I already mentioned that? I'll do that a few more times.

I've won the Cup competitions in all three countries I've managed in so far, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Belgium, that is and I think I've started to prove myself as a manager, is that Real Madrid I hear calling?

Despite all this success in Belgium, I've never really settled here, sure I've learnt French and I like mayonnaise as much as the next guy, but I miss some home comforts, i.e. Chips without mayonnaise

I like the squad and I think I could go far with this lot, given time. And by time, I mean a lot of time. Belgium's pretty much a closed shop at league level, with Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Standard Liege and KRC Genk dominating there, we need time to close the gap and I'm not sure I can live in Belgium for the next 5+ years

What also hasn't helped is the board going behind my back. TWICE. And selling two of my best players. TWICE. Can I work under these conditions over a long period?

I flipped up my laptop lid and opened my email and shifted through the usual nonsense about Swedish ***** pumps, I was about to close the tab until something of interest suddenly appeared...

I've taken the trip down from Belgium to the beautiful city of Ingolstadt, Bavaria in search of one thing. Employment (at FC Ingolstadt)

Historically, I'd never heard much of Ingolstadt and never knew where it was until I got the email, and then phone call, summoning me to this meeting in Bavaria, a phone call I'm glad I received, anyway down to business

I would be meeting Ingolstadt's president, Peter Jackwerth, at the Audi Sportpark (Ingolstadt's stadium) to discuss this job. I really want this job.

Peter asked me a whole range of questions in an intense hour long interview that whizzed by. It was part of football philosophy, part psychological analysis and I felt drained, mentally and physically as I said my goodbyes and hopped on the next train to Brussels

Could Germany be my next home?

"So you're leaving, are you?" I heard a thick Irish accent behind me enquire

"Afraid so" I responded, placing my 1987 Hummel Wales shirt carefully into my suitcase (remade, not original)

"Don't" the voice said as I turned to meet it. It was Gavin Delaney, Irish Under 21 international and attacking midfield extraordinaire

"Why not?" I asked, taken aback by his brazen attempts to keep me here, I didn't even know he knew where I lived

"Because we need you. There's no way we can stay up next season without you, you saw what happened to Waasland-Bevern (last season's champions), they got destroyed"

"You'll be fine" I sighed "The board will get a replacement who's better than me and I'll be forgotten about before you know it"

"The lads want you to stay. If you leave, they leave. That's what they said. Jaouhar's already been on the phone today. Half of f*cking France want him!" Gavin exclaimed, the passion in his voice was moving, but I'd already made my decision

"Not my problem." I responded, coolly staring at the Irishman "If I stay, they'll leave anyway, you saw what happened with Johann (David) and Bram (de Jong), as soon as they board smell money they'll take it. I can't work like that"

"But-"

"I need to get out before the team is ripped apart in the summer and my reputation takes a hit. Parks teams would be turning me down before long" I responded "In an ideal world I'd stay and we'd win the Champions League. But that ain't gonna happen, now if you'll excuse me, I have a train to catch"

"See ya boss"

Back