[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

• Thread starter Thread starter TheLuckDuck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 714
  • Views Views 349K
Nice move there, sounds like Ingolstadt are well placed for a shot at promotion. Love how you win a gazillion trophies at St. Pat's and the press bring up getting knocked out of one of the cups by Galway, cretins.

Nice move there, sounds like Ingolstadt are well placed for a shot at promotion. Love how you win a gazillion trophies at St. Pat's and the press bring up getting knocked out of one of the cups by Galway, cretins.
Cheers mate :)

I'm still not over that defeat to Galway :'(

WHO ARE FC INGOLSTADT 04?
View attachment 104687
FC Ingolstadt 04 are a German football club currently playing in the 2.Bundesliga. The club were formed in 2004 following a merger between local clubs ESV Ingolstadt and MTV Ingolstadt. In 2004/05 the club finished second in the Oberliga Bayern in their first season of existence, before winning the league and promotion to the Regionalliga the season after

Ingolstadt enjoyed a meteoric rise through the divisions and won promotion to the Bundesliga in 2014/15, spending 2 season's in Germany's top flight, rubbing shoulders with the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen and Bavarian big boys Bayern Munich

Since then Ingolstadt have become a "yo-yo club", bouncing between the Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga and not achieving much success, with 2 2.Bundesliga titles and an Oberliga Bayern (fourth tier) trophy being their only trophies to date

With the club boasting excellent youth facilities, superb training facilities as well as the 15,000 capacity Audi Sportpark, many believe that Ingolstadt have what it takes to become the next German powerhouse
View attachment 104621

Last edited:
1st of July 2023
I've been at Ingolstadt for ~3 months now and I now find mysef with my feet well and truly under the table as I've begun to settle here already. I feel as settled here as I did at any time with my time at Mouscron.

The truth is I've always been deeply fascinated by German football. I liked almost everything about it: The fast football, the homegrown talents and the fan culture. I found it all so appealing and I've always wanted to live here and I do now. Via Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Belgium that is.

What has also helped is the fact that I've kept myself busy. I'm not going to lie, this squad was in a right state, with 3 right wingers 30 and above as well as only one. Yes ONE natural centre back, as well as having one goalkeeper and about 2 midfielders. All issues that would have to be addressed.

And boy did I address them. Kinda. Let me introduce to you the new FC Ingolstadt....

IVAN MANCE - MSV DUISBURG - FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 104567
This deal was agreed before I arrived. He seems nice.

GREG MURPHY - ST. PATRICK'S ATHLETIC - €450,000
View attachment 104566
Coming in at 159lbs and 6ft 2in it's GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG MMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURPHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed this guy when I was in Belgium and when I noticed our lack of goalkeepers, one name sprung into my mind. Manuel Neuer. Unfortunately he wasn't available, but Greg was

MORTIZ UNSÖLD - HEIDENHEIM - €350,000
View attachment 104564
Brought in to address our lack of depth in midfield and this lad has plenty of potential to boot. Already made 3 league appearances for Heidenheim, I'm excited

GAVIN DELANEY - ROYAL MOUSCRON-PERUWELZ - €850,000
View attachment 104560
I couldn't just leave him there, could I? Gavin is a top quality player and with some decent-sized clubs (Middlesbrough) sniffing around, I knew I had to act fast and so I did, paying just €850,000 for a top talent

KRISTIAN KRAUßE - ROT-WEIß ERFURT - €275,000
View attachment 104551
So. Much. Potential.

MARC FELS - EINTRACHT FRANKFURT - €6,000,000
View attachment 104550
We needed a playmaker and we've found one. Marc is a good player and a potential future Germany international and at just 17 I've made him my marquee signing, I have high hopes for this lad

ROBERT MISIC - OBERHAUSEN - €325,000
View attachment 104549
At just 18 years old, Robert is already vastly experienced for his age, making 67 3.Fußball Liga appearances for his hometown side, Oberhausen, hopefully he'll be challenging for the first team here

ROBIN ADLBERGER - HOLSTEIN KIEL - €950,000
View attachment 104548
We needed a backup for Delaney and we've found one. He's young, German and made 40 league appearances for Holstein Kiel last season. This team is bursting with potential.

TOMAS ARNASON - ROYAL MOUSCRON-PERUWELZ - €1,000,000
View attachment 104547
€1m is a steal for this lad. He, like Delaney, has vultures circling in Belgium so I stepped in and gave him a home. He's already an international and has all the hallmarks of a top defender

**** VAN DER PLAS - CLUB BRUGGE - €75,000
View attachment 104546
75 GRAND! I have no idea why Brugge let him go so cheap but I'm glad they did! He'll provide some great cover and all of a sudden this squad has some depth!

View attachment 104440
INGOLSTADT FIRESALE
View attachment 104439
Ingolstadt's new manager Matthew Hawkins really hasn't rested since joining his new club from Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz and has sold a massive 10, yes TEN first team players.

First to go were Manuel Farrona-Pulido, Korbinian Vollmann, Hendrik Lohmar and Johannes Wurtz, who all left the club on the opening day of the window. With Farrona-Pulido going to Karlsruher for €800,000, Vollmann to Frankfurt for €600,000, Lohmar joining Braunschweig for €115,000 and Jonnaes Wurtz leaving for Union Berlin for €2m
View attachment 104438

Next to leave was Axel Borgmann, who was sold to Darmstadt for €200,000 before youngster Morimakan Kassogue joined Farrona-Pulido at Kalrsruher in a €1.2m deal. Backup goalkeeper Thomas Dähne then joined Freiburg for €1m.

There was then a flurry of activity late in the window, with three players leaving the club for varying fees, right back Steffen Lang joined Fortuna Dusseldorf for €20,000 and 30 year old right winger Steven Skrzybski joined Greuther Furth for €1m, but these deals paled in comparison to the deal which saw 18 year old striker Peter Behrenz join Schalke 04 for €5.5m
View attachment 104436

View attachment 104435
INGOLSTADT BOLSTER SQUAD
View attachment 104434
Ingolstadt have one aim this season: promotion and it looks like they are determined to get it as they've just spent €11.75m on three players.

The first signing is one that has sent shockwaves throughout German football as the 2.Bundesliga side have nabbed one of German domestic football's hottest prospects by signing Goran Trifunovic from Bayer Leverkusen for €9.25m

Trifunovic, 18, joined Leverkusen from 1860 Munich in 2021 but never settled in the Rhineland and has moved back to Bavaria, having made 2 Bundesliga appearances for Bayer
View attachment 104431

The second player signed was another from one of Hawkins' old clubs as he brought in striker Brian Taylor from St Patrick's Athletic for €1m

Ingolstadt needed backup following the departure of Peter Behrenz to Schalke and Taylor has been brought in for that purpose

Taylor scored 21 goals in 31 games for Irish side Limerick in the 2021 season but never became a fixture in the St Patrick's team, making just 11 league appearances in the 2 seasons after Hawkins departed
View attachment 104430

Last but not least is another Hawkins old boy in Peter Young, who has also joined from St Patrick's Athletic, this time costing €1.5m

The Northern Ireland Under 21 international made 22 appearances for St Patrick's in his only season at the club after joining from Glentoran for €2,5000, having been signed by Hawins just before his departure to Royal Mouscron-Peruwelz. The Northern Irishman never played for Hawkins.

He has been brought in to offer competition to Marc Fels and much is expected of the youngster having rejected Chelsea to join Ingolstadt
View attachment 104429

AUGUST
View attachment 104346
I want promotion and the board want promotion. A solid first month could go a long way towards attaining that.

2.BUNDESLIGA
Jahn Regensburg 1-4 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104343
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek (van der Plas 73), Fels (Ermen 73), Misic, Trifunovic, Delaney, Becker, Behrenz (Adlberger 60)

Newly-promoted Jahn Regensburg gave us an early scare as they opened the scoring with a penalty, fortunately Marc Fels restored parity 6 minutes later which gave us the confidence to go on and smash 3 more past them, with Fels, Trifunovic and Delaney all bagging debut goals

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 2-0 FC Köln

View attachment 104342
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld (Misic 61), Fels (Behrenz 80), Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 61), Becker, Hiemeleers

Köln are the sot of team we're going to have to beat if we want to win the league so I'm immensely happy with a 2-0 win but in truth it should have been more as we spurned about 3 or 4 more really good chances

DFB-POKAL FIRST ROUND
Bissingen 0-4 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104341
Murphy, Stojkovic, van der Plas, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld 88, Zejnullahu, Skrzybski, Adlberger (Delaney 61), Becker, Hiemeleers (Behrenz 61)

33 shots, 14 on target. We really should have score more and it should have been 7 or 8 nil to Ingolstadt, but I guess 4 will have to do

2.BUNDESILGA
SV Darmstadt 2-3 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104340
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld 61, Fels (Ermen 71), Trifunovic, Delaney (Zejnullahu 71), Becker, Hiemeleers

We should have had this game wrapped up by half-time, but Darmstadt's resilient defence kept them in the game. Things went from bad to worse with Moritz Unsöld's second red card in as many games but fortunately our class shone through as Goran Trifunovic grabbed a dramatic but deserved winner

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 2-1 Karlsruher SC

View attachment 104339
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Misic, Fels (Zejnullahu 79), Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 65), Becker, Hiemeleers

The first 30 minutes were exciting. The rest of the game wasn't.

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 104338
A 100% start. Solid.

SEPTEMBER
View attachment 104241
A very good start to the season last month, can we continue that this month?

2.BUNDESLIGA
FSV Frankfurt 0-2 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104235
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld, Fels (Young 67), Trifunovic, Delaney, Becker (Adlberger 82), Hiemeleers (Taylor 67)

We made this a whole lot harder than we had to as we sneaked a second late on with Frankfurt pushing for the equalise, still, a win's a win

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 2-1 Greuther Fürth

View attachment 104234
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld (Young 61), Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney, Becker, Hiemeleers (Taylor 68)

A tricky game against a promotion rival that should have been sewn up long before Gavin Delaney's late winner as Hiemeleers bottled it from the penalty spot

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 3-0 1860 Munich

View attachment 104232
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld (Misic 57), Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 81), Becker, Hiemeleers (Taylor 81)

That's better! An excellent performance as we battered fellow Bavarians 1860 Munich and smashed 3 past their hapless goalkeepers

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC St Pauli 1-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104231
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld 45, Fels (Young 61), Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 20), Becker, Hiemeleers (Taylor 72)

Things couldn't have started much worse in the first half of our top of the table clash against St. Pauli, an own goal, a red card as well as losing Gavin Delaney 20 minutes in to a groin strain. Fortunately we battled back and Rouven Hiemeleers scored only the second league goal St Pauli have conceded this season

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 104230
Still top, still unbeaten but Moritz Unsöld is beginning to test my patience now

Did you fine Moritz Unsold for his sendings off? I usually issue a warning for the 1st one if it's two yellows, or 1 week fine for straight red, after that they get 2 week fine for each red card and get dropped if they hit 3 reds in one season.

And as for Brendan Rodgers....WTF, no I mean it WT actual F!

Did you fine Moritz Unsold for his sendings off? I usually issue a warning for the 1st one if it's two yellows, or 1 week fine for straight red, after that they get 2 week fine for each red card and get dropped if they hit 3 reds in one season.

And as for Brendan Rodgers....WTF, no I mean it WT actual F!
I warned him the first time and have fined him each time since.

OCTOBER
View attachment 104187
Good month last month, let's just keep going

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 3-0 VfL Osnabrück

View attachment 104186
Murphy, Sauer, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Misic 66, Fels, Trifunovic, Adlberger (Young 66), Becker, Hiemeleers (Taylor 66)

A solid 3-0 victory marred by Robert Misic taking a leaf out of fellow defensive midfielder Moritz Unsöld's book

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Union Berlin 1-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104185
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld (Taylor 64), Fels, Trifunovic, Adlberger (Young 64), Becker, Hiemeleers

It was the opposition's turn to get a red card this week, unfortunately we couldn't capitalise as, ironically, Moitz Unsöld bagged the equaliser

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 2-0 SC Freiburg

View attachment 104184
Murphy, Sauer, Mance, Arnason (van der Plas 80), Wittek, Misic (Young 61), Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney (Mitchell 71), Becker, Hiemeleers

A solid, drama-less victory over promotion rivals Freiburg as we attempt to widen the gap between us and the chasing pack

2.BUNDESLIGA
Fortuna Düsseldorf 0-3 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104183
Murphy, Sauer, Mance (Rios Alonso 83), Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld 48, Fels (Adlbeger 83), Trifunovic, Delaney (Young 48), Becker, Hiemeleers

ANOTHER red card for Mortiz Unsöld threatened to undo an excellent first half display against Düsseldorf as star striker Rouven Hiemeleers bagged himself a well earned hat-trick

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 104179
We just have to keep going

NOVEMBER
View attachment 104165
Some cup fun as well as the league, ooohhh exciting

DFB-POKAL SECOND ROUND
FC St Pauli 1-2 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104164
Murphy, Sauer, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Misic (Young 68), Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 60), Becker, Hiemeleers

St Pauli have a very stubborn defence, so when we went 1-0 down I feared that would be it for our cup hopes, fortunately we found a way through - twice! With Delaney and Hiemeleers bagging goals and putting us in the next round

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 4-2 FC Kaiserslautern

View attachment 104161
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Misic (Mitchell 72), Fels (Young 60), Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 68), Becker, Hiemeleers

A dominant display that deserved more than a two goal margin as we dominated Kaiserslautern and created chance after chance

2.BUNDESLIGA
Preußen Münster 1-0 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104160
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld, Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney, Becker, Hiemeleers

*Sigh* our first defeat of the season and it comes against f*cking Münster!

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 4-1 Werder Bremen

View attachment 104158
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason (van der Plas 45), Wittek, Unsöld (Young 80), Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney, Becker, Hiemeleers (Mitchell 62)

That's more like it! We bounced back perfectly from defeat against Münster as we annihilate Bremen and we really should have scored more as we created 7 Clear Cut Chances and 8 Half Chances!

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 104156
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE. Still....

DECEMBER
View attachment 104138
Festive fun is shorter in Germany thanks to their winter break. This saddens me.

2.BUNDESLIGA
Eintracth Brainschweig 0-1 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104134
Murphy, Stojkovic (Rios Alonso 63), Mance, Arnason, Wittek (Young 63), Unsöld, Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney, Becker, Hiemeleers (Taylor 75)

A tight game decided by a moment of magic from Gavin Delaney

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 1-0 FC Heidenheim

View attachment 104133
Murphy, Sauer, Mance (Rios Alonso 82), Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld (Young 59), Fels, Trifunovic, Adlberger, Becker, Hiemeleers (Taylor 54)

Another tight affair decided by our attacking midfielder, this time Robin Adlberger was the saviour

2.BUNDESLIGA
FC Ingolstadt 0-0 Jahn Regensurg
View attachment 104132
Murphy, Sauer 88, Mance, Arnason, van der Plas (Stojkovic 45), Unsöld (Young 67), Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney, Becker, Hiemeleers

Regensburg set up very defensively and set out to stifle us and, well, it worked. Fair play

DFB-POKAL THIRD ROUND
FC Ingolstadt 1-0 Bayer Leverkusen

View attachment 104131
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Unsöld (Young 45), Fels, Trifunovic, Delaney (Adlberger 45), Becker, Hiemeleers (Taylor 65)

SMASH-AND-GRAB! Ish. Leverkusen battered us in the first half but the bollocking at half time worked as we went out and attakced them in the second half, with Robin Adlberger missing one or two sitters. Greg Murphy was the hero, however, and clocked up a Match Rating of 8.3

2.BUNDESLIGA
Köln 1-3 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 104130
Murphy, Stojkovic, Mance, Arnason, Wittek, Misic, Fels (Zejnullahu 62), Trifunovic, Adlberger, Becker, Hiemeleers (Mitchell 62)

An excellent way to enter the winter break as we dominate our title rivals

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 104129
Mind the gap lads

you seriously need to sort Moritz out! he's been booked in every game bar 1 in October, XD put his tackling on stay on feet haha.

View attachment 104127
THREE LEAVE INGOLSTADT

View attachment 104126
With just days left of the transfer window, three, yes THREE first team players have left 2.Bundesliga leaders FC Ingolstadt, leaving manager Matthew Hawkins with some huge gaps to fill and not a lot of time to do it in

First to leave was CLUB CAPTAIN Jose-Enrique Rios Alonso, who's joined Werder Bremen for €3.5m.

The 23 year old only made 3 league appearances under Hawkins, who had publicly criticised his captain's injury record and his mentality, questioning "Hoe much he wants it"

Regardless of this, Rios Alonso had made 55 league appearances for Ingolstadt before Hawkins' arrival and was an important figure who will be greatly missed at the Audi Sportpark
View attachment 104125

Next up is the big one as TORSTEN BECKER left the club, joining local rivals Augsburg for €7.75m

Becker, 19, had been a key player for Hawkins, scoring 4 goals and 7 assists in 19 league games this season but the Welshman was left angered as 3rd placed Augsburg met the teenager's release clause and lured him away from Ingolstadt
View attachment 104124

Last but not least is right back Filip Stojkovic, who's joined Malaga for €1.3m

The Serbian international had been complaining to manager Hawkins as he refused derisory bids for the Serb's services, with not one reaching a €1m

Fortunately for Stojkovic, the player had his way as Malaga made a last minute swoop of a €1.3m for the journeyman as he makes Malaga his 8th club
View attachment 104123

Back