[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

• Thread starter Thread starter TheLuckDuck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 714
  • Views Views 349K
So far, my time at Borussia Mönchengldbach has been great. The people here have accepted me with open arms and aren't blaming me for the lack of European football (mainly because it wasn't my fault) which is great

What I've also enjoyed is the money. I had €50m to spend in the summer, before I supplemented it with selling attacking midfielder Tom Schenning to AS Monaco for €20m as well as a few smaller deals and this money allowed me to bring in players like Bjarnason and Armstrong, players who would never even have considered a move to Ingolstadt

But with money left in the bank, I decided we still needed someone, so I went out and bought someone, that someone was Shayan Jalali, who's joined from Paris Saint-Germain for €14m. He's a centre back, he's quick, can defend and already has 88 caps for Iran despite being only 25 years old, ridiculous stuff!

And with that signing, I think we're set. The tactic is sorted and pre-season was decent, sure we lost a few games but it isn't about wins, is about performances, tweaking and fitness. Three areas we performed well in.

We've sorted our first XI and now, the tactic is sorted and I think the team is good enough to at least reach the Europa League, maybe even the Champions League positions

Well that came out of the blue. I thought you'd be at Inglolstadt for another couple of seasons. Good luck at BMG, pushing for a Champions League place soon

Nice move! Champions league football I think for you guys this season!

Good move. More potential for European play.
Strange seeing Kuki b 27 years old. Good player to have

IRAPU ROCK

All the best with Borussia Mönchengldbach looks like an interesting move!

Great move, hopefully a good season here and you can bag European football next season

Just caught up on this mate, well done with all you achieved prior to the BMG switch. Will be interesting to see how quickly you can turn them back into title contenders! i've high hopes for you

Just caught up on this mate, well done with all you achieved prior to the BMG switch. Will be interesting to see how quickly you can turn them back into title contenders! i've high hopes for you
Cheers mate, hopefully its fairly quickly or I'm off :P

View attachment 101146
HAWKINS: I WANT THE TITLE

View attachment 101145

Borussia Mönchengladbach manager Matthew Hawkins really has thrown down the gauntlet this week, issuing that he wants the Bundesliga title "as soon as possible"

The 30 year old Welshman, who's garnered 10 years experience in Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Belgium and Germany, has made no disguise of his aims as Mönchengladbach manager, asserting he wants to turn them into a powerhouse "at home and abroad"

His assertion has piled the pressure on traditional powerhouses Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich who have endured poor starts to the season as the duo find themselves 8th and 14th respectively

Mönchengladbach, by contrast, have taken to the new season like a duck to water, winning their first five games in the league, beating Frankfurt (2-0), Hamburg (1-0), Stuttgart (3-1), Wolfsburg (2-1) and Augsburg (1-0)

They have also progressed in the DFB-Pokal, beating Eintracht Braunshweig 1-0 to set up a Second Round clash away to Hannover
View attachment 101144

OCTOBER
View attachment 100895
You could say we made a pretty impressive start, will it continue?

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Mönchengladbach 2-0 FC Köln

View attachment 100894
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Armstrong, Can, Weigl, Galiardo, Bjarnason, Manzi, Fritsch (Emmerich 62), Biberoglu (Altenau 62), Torin

To aid our attackers, we've changed our full back into wing backs and it looks like its started working with last months wins and this 2-0 victory

BUNDESLIGA
Bayer Leverkusen 0-0 Borussia Mönchengladbach

View attachment 100893
Caviccholi, Lafon, Darsaila, Jalali, Cantu, Weigl, Bjarnason (Jasmund 70), Chan, Fritsch, Biberoglu (Altenau 70), Torin (Emmerich 70)

I tried out this new idea called "changing tactics to suit different scenarios" and it worked as we stifled our title rivals Leverkuen and managed to get a credible draw

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Mönchengladbach 1-0 Werder Bremen

View attachment 100892
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl, Galiardo, Bjarnason, Manzi (Chan 65), Fritsch, Biberoglu, Torin (Kuki 65)

Their keeper had a blinder and it stopped us from battering Bremen, we had 15 shots and 10 on target!

DFB-POKAL SECOND ROUND
Hannover 1-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach

Mönchengladbach win 2-0 on penalties

View attachment 100891
Caviccholi, Franz (Can 118), Jalali, Lafon, Weigl, Galiardo, Bjarnason (Can 106), Manzi, Fritsch (Emmerich 60), Biberoglu (Altenau 60), Torin

An uncharacteristically poor performance from us allowed Hannover to sneak a draw and drag us to penalties, fortunately we kept our cool from 12 yards whilst Hannover couldn't

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 100890
We're the early pacesetters, can we continue it?

I've only just realised the league table in the most recent post is from a week after the end of October and includes the first game in November. Sorry :(

I've only just realised the league table in the most recent post is from a week after the end of October and includes the first game in November. Sorry :(

We'll let you off, title winning managers don't have time to worry about minor details like that anyway ;)

NOVEMBER
View attachment 100853
I'm enjoying this team and we're all enjoying winning together

BUNDESLIGA
FC Nürnberg 2-4 Borussia Mönchengladbach

View attachment 100852
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl (Kuki 74), Galiardo (Cantu 74), Bjarnason, Manzi (Chan 69), Fritsch, Biberoglu, Torin

We dominated the game but came so close to throwing it away as Nürnberg scored their only shots on target. Fortunately we got our **** together, scored 2 more and won 4-2

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-3 FC Ingolstadt

View attachment 100851
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl, Galiardo, Bjarnason (Lafon 71), Manzi, Fritsch, Biberoglu, Torin (Emmerich 76)

What a game! An exhilarating game of football between me and my former employers ended in an unbelievable 3-3 draw as they equalised with the last touch. Amazing.

BUNDESLIGA
SC Freiburg 1-2 Borussia Mönchengladbach

View attachment 100850
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl, Galiardo, Bjarnason, Manzi, Fritsch, Biberoglu (Altenau 57), Torin (Kuki 57)

An n=unconvincing win away to strugglers Freiburg as we failed to get going against the league's bottom club, slightly worrying

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-0 Red Bull Leipzig

View attachment 100849
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl, Galiardio, Bjarnason, Manzi (Chan 71), Fritsch (Emmerich 77), Biberoglu, Torin

Despite a poor first half we really turned on the style in the second half to blow away everyone's (least) favourite franchise. I bet they regret rejecting me now, eh?

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 100847
Its the two Borussia's who are up there contesting the title, bring it on

DECEMBER
View attachment 100821
Our toughest month yet as we play Schalke, Dortmund, Hoffenheim and Bayern Munich. ****.

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Mönchengladbach 4-0 FC Schalke

View attachment 100820
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl, Galiardo, Bjarnason, Manzi, Kuki, Biberoglu (Altenau 70), Torin (Emmerich 31)

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. What a performance! We put in our best 90 minutes of the season today as we tore Schalke a new one smashing them by four goals to nil and it could have been more. Incredible.

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Dortmund 1-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach

View attachment 100819
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl, Galiardo, Bjarnason, Manzi, Kuki, Biberoglu, Torin (Emmerich 67)

The "Other Borrusia" as I call them offered a much sterner test than their rivals Schalke as they matched us in every department and probably would have gone on to win had they not had a man sent off, we were pretty lucky today as we failed to get going in the way we did against Schalke

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Mönchengladbach 2-1 Hoffenheim

View attachment 100817
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl (Lafon 78), Galiardo, Bjarnason, Manzi (Chan 59), Kuki, Biberoglu, Torin (Emmerich 59)

A solid, if unconvincing win over mid-table Hoffenheim. We dominated the chances and probably deserved the win but it did get nervy at the end

BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Mönchengladbach 2-1 Bayern Munich

View attachment 100816
Caviccholi, Darsaila, Jalali, Can, Weigl, Galiardo, Bjarnason (Chan 66), Manzi, Kuki (Emmerich 66), Biberoglu, Torin

The same result as our last outing but the performance was a **** of a lot better as we ran Bayern ragged and really should have scored more

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 100815
To be undefeated as we enter the winter break is, well, sensational. Our rivals will strengthen tough so we can't take our foot off the gas

View attachment 100813
GLADBACH IN BENDER COUP

View attachment 100812

League leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach have kicked off the transfer window with quite the coup s they've signed young goalkeeper Niclas Bender for just €675,000

Bender, 21, had already agreed a pre-contract deal with the Rhineland club and in order to make some cash on the deal, Wolfsburg offered Gladbach the chance to sign the 21 year old for peanuts

Bender, who has 31 German Under 21 caps, came through the Wolfsburg youth system but made just 9 appearances for the first team
View attachment 100811

View attachment 100745
GLADBACH SIGN WONDERKID
View attachment 100742

Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach have today pulled off another coup as they've brought in Giuliano Battista from PSV Eindhoven for €18.75m

Battista, 20, had attracted interest from Juventus and Chelsea before Mönchengladbach met his release clause and brought him to Germany

The Italian striker made 40 appearances for PSV and scored 19 goals, as well as 13 in 43 at Milwall, where he spent a season on loan
View attachment 100741

Back