[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

• Thread starter Thread starter TheLuckDuck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 714
  • Views Views 349K
Hello mate, I've been away for a few weeks and just catching up. As a geordie I'm very interested to see how your time up here goes especially after the miracles you managed in Germany!
Hopefully I don't get sacked this time though! :P

MARCH
View attachment 1114183
Some league and cup action this month

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 3-0 Brighton and Hove Albion
View attachment 95697
Barnett, Seferovic (Terrien 68), Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz (King 63), Lambert, Nicol, Jacques (Ivanski 63), Lowe

More goals! I like this very much

FA CUP SIXTH ROUND
Leeds United 0-3 Newcastle United
View attachment 95696
Barnett, Smith, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz (King 71), Lambert, Nicol, Jacques, Lowe (Ivanski 71)

This was so easy that it was funny

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 3-0 AFC Bournemouth
View attachment 95695
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz (Parker 45), Lambert, Nicol, Jacques (Ivanski 63), Lowe

The Grant Lowe show!

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 95694
3 3-0 wins! You don't see that every day

Looking good mate, what's the personal target with only 7 games left?

APRIL
View attachment 1114200
Its make or break time now

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Sunderland 2-0 Newcastle United
View attachment 95682
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin (Parker 60), De Paz, Lambert, Nicol, Ivanski (Jacques 60), Lowe

We just didn't turn up today

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle United
View attachment 95675
Barnett, Smith, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz (Parker 70), Lambert, Nicol, Ivanski (Giles 70), Lowe

There goes the Champions League

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 0-0 Norwich City
View attachment 95673
Barnett, Smith, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz (Parker 58), Lambert, Nicol, Ivanski (Jacques 74), Lowe

Those defeats have really knocked the side's confidence, this should have been a routine win

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Manchester United 3-3 Newcastle United
View attachment 95672
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz, Lambert (Parker 69), Nicol (Giles 69), Ivanski, Lowe (Jacques 34)

Finally, some goals! To be fair we deserved to win this and probably would have had Grant Lowe not been forced off injured, he's out for the rest of the season

FA CUP SEMI FINAL
Leicester City 0-1 Newcastle United
View attachment 95671
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz (King 62), Lambert, Nicol, Ivanski (Giles 83), Jacques

I almost forgot what winning felt like

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Watford 1-0 Newcastle United
View attachment 95670
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, Parker, Lambert, Nicol, Ivanski, Jacques

*Sigh*

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 95669
Europa League looks like a struggle

View attachment 95668
CARDIFF BOYS SINK SWANS

View attachment 95667
There will be no happier faces in the North East than those of Matthew Hawkins and James Giles tonight as the Cardiff boys condemn Swansea City to relegation

Giles, who played the full 90, was crucial to Newcastle's performance as the stifled the Swans at the Liberty, sending them down with a 1-1 draw

This result has seen the Swans go down and the Magpies finish 8th, 1 point off 7th placed Chelsea as they prepare for an FA Cup final against Liverpool

There were fears Newcastle would replicate their performance from the game against West Ham where they smashed the Hammers 3-0, but Hawkins rested key players ahead of their Wembley clash

View attachment 95666

2032 FA CUP FINAL
View attachment 95665
LIVERPOOL v NEWCASTLE UNITED

View attachment 95664
Liverpool take on Newcastle United in the FA Cup final with Newcastle looking to win their first major domestic honour since 1955 whilst Liverpool are hunting their 10th FA Cup

LINEUPS
View attachment 95658
Liverpool line up in a 4-4-2, with Newcastle going with a narrow 4-3-1-2

ROUTE TO THE FINAL
[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]LIVERPOOL[/TD]
[TD]ROUND[/TD]
[TD]NEWCASTLE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bury (7-0)[/TD]
[TD]R3[/TD]
[TD]Sunderland (2-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Birmingham (2-0)[/TD]
[TD]R4[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea (1-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Middlesbrough (3-0)[/TD]
[TD]R5[/TD]
[TD]Everton (3-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tottenham (5-3)[/TD]
[TD]R6[/TD]
[TD]Leeds (3-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Man City (2-0)[/TD]
[TD]SF[/TD]
[TD]Leicester (1-0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

KICK-OFF
13th Minute-Parker, back to Willis, a good ball for Lambert who slips it through for JACQUES!!! NEWCASTLE LEAD!
20th Minute-Shaw now with the ball on the wing, whips it in for Battista! How did he miss?

HALF-TIME
Liverpool 0-1 Newcastle
Newcastle lead a tight game
SUBS: Raul Segura and Gilles Le Goff replace Dwayne Wells and Tarek Mahmoud for Liverpool who switch to a 3-4-3. Newcastle remain unchanged

SECOND-HALF
46th Minute-Long ball by Barnett for Jacques who brings it down unchallenged and finds Ivanski, he beats his man and hits it... a solid save from Antunov
62nd Minute-Fernando Arrondo replaces Giulian Battista for Liverpool
68th Minute-James Giles replaces Borislav Ivanski for Newcastle
75th Minute-The ball comes out to Trifunovic now, he beats Agu and hits it.. well wide, why is he shooting from there?
90th Minute-Jacques loses it in the middle and Shaw has it now for Liverpool, out wide for Van Steen, he looks up its a wonderful ball for Le GOFFFFFFF!!!! LIVERPOOL HAVE EQUALISED!!

FULL-TIME
Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle
Exhilarating.
SUBS: Liverpool have made all their changes. Ben Woodburn replaces Barry Nicol for Newcastle

KICK-OFF
91st Minute-Newcastle kick off ahead of what is sure to be an exhilarating 30 minutes, Agu, finds Lambert who takes it wide now he hasn't got many options and Raul Segura has dived into him here and he's off! Raul Segura is shown a straight red card! It was high, it was two footed and could have cause Lambert serious injury
92nd Minute-Newcastle play around with the ball now and Agu has space to run forward and he does, he whips the ball in for Giles.. PENALTY! Amaranto Mendez was pulling James Giles shirt and its a penalty!
93rd Minute-Ben Woodburn steps up.. SAVED BY ANTUNOV!
99th Minute-Free kick for Liverpool, cleared but only as far as Graf who finds Arrondo unmarked... GOAL!! LIVERPOOL LEAD!
100th Minute-Newcastle lose it and Le Goff is through now he hits it.. CROSSBAR!

HALF-TIME
Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle
This game is ridiculous

SECOND-HALF
105th Minute-Liverpool throw and the ball finds it way to Le Goff! Blocked by Willis!
108th Minute-Giles now, excellent ball out wide for Woodburn, he looks up.. what a ball... WHAT A GOAL! Keith Jacques equalises for Newcastle!
111th Minute-Marco Graf stands over the free kick for Liverpool... GOAL!

FULL-TIME
Liverpool 3-2 Newcastle
Newcastle's wait for a trophy goes on
View attachment 95657

Aaarrrrrrggggghhhhh

No goals conceded in the entire cup run until the 90th minute of the final <)

Unlucky pal! Some going though to get to the Final always annoying losing it on ET or penos

Can't believe the cup final! Concede in 90th minute, have pen saved in 93rd, then concede a 3rd straight after equalising to make it 2-2.

I'm sure you'll come back even stronger next season and we can end our wait for a trophy!

Can't believe the cup final! Concede in 90th minute, have pen saved in 93rd, then concede a 3rd straight after equalising to make it 2-2.

I'm sure you'll come back even stronger next season and we can end our wait for a trophy!
It felt almost as bad as when Cardiff lost the Cup Final

Almost.

25th of June 2032
What a bunch of bottlejobs. Conceding a late goal, I can understand that, fine, whatever, we go again etc. But to lose an FA Cup final in extra time, despite the opposition being down to ten men the whole time, is unacceptable. We missed a penalty as well! Christ. We should be the FA Cup holders by now, it was our last chance at Europe as well

Ben Woodburn can do one.

In fairness, the fact we're not in Europe isn't all his fault. Our lack of depth meant that we bottled it in the second half of the season, we earned 35 points in the first half of the season and 26 in the second half, had we continued our form and sustained it we would have finished 4th on 70 points

I guess it was down to a lack of depth, I mean we were playing a left back at right back for goodness sake! That's why I've brought in a genuine right back who's actually competent (unlike a certain Mik Smith)

Enter Mr Jordan Baker, Wales international and current FA Cup holder who's joined us from Liverpool for £11m. A Swansea boy with 69 caps for Wales, whom he also captains, as well as an FA Cup medal, 2 League Cup medals and a Community Shield medal in his drawers.

He also cost Liverpool £44m! £44m! For a right back! The world's gone mad

Hopefully he will help us in Europe this season, oh yeah, did I mention that Arsenal won the Champions League? That means we get a Europa League spot
I guess its not that grim up North after all

£44m for him!? I mean, he's decent. But £44m...!??!

Looks like a good buy at £11m though.

£44m for him!? I mean, he's decent. But £44m...!??!

Looks like a good buy at £11m though.
He was around 21 and a bit of a wonderkid when Liverpool signed , I had my eye on him at Ingolstadt and Gladbach for a while

View attachment 1114419
MAGPIES BREAK BANK

View attachment 1114420
Newcastle United have kicked off the transfer window with two big deals as they hunt Champions League football this season

The Magpies, who of course finished 8th last season, have been building their squad ahead of a Europa League campaign following Arsenal's Champions League win and have kicked off by spending £44m on day one of the transfer window

The first to come in was a familiar face as the Magpie tied up a deal worth £20m for Bulgarian striker Borislav Ivanski

Ivanski, 21, of course spent last season on loan at St James' Park, scoring 21 goals in 30 league appearances before agreeing to make his stay in the North East a permanent one

The striker, who has 19 goals in 40 games for Bulgaria, is said to be looking forward to restarting his partnership with Grant Lowe
View attachment 95478

The second signing was that of Morten Franz, who's joined the club from Red Bull Leipzig for £24m

The 25 year old, who has 6 caps for Germany, is capable at both centre half and in midfield, which is where it is thought he will be deployed at St James'

Franz, of course, has worked with Hawkins before at Borussia Mönchengladbach, Franz's boyhood club, for whom he made 22 league appearances before leaving for Leipzig, for whom he made 104 league appearances
View attachment 95476

Franz definitely looks more like a centre half with technical like that... both should be great signings though. Target for the season?

Back