[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

• Thread starter Thread starter TheLuckDuck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 714
  • Views Views 349K
Wow, Everton, Southampton and Aston Villa all relegated in on season...

What a busy transfer window.. I'm quite sure that all this new energy should bring your team around the 10th place. Good luck mate !

Last edited:
just caught up after a week off wow!

leaving Gladbach was a shock but looking forward to Newcastle winning the league soon!

Such a massive clear out but I'm sure you know what you are doing!

How much did you end up spending in the end all together? must have had some mighty fine war chest!

Wow, Everton, Southampton and Aston Villa all relegated in on season...

What a busy transfer window.. I'm quite sure that all this new energy should bring your team around the 10th place. Good luck mate !
Cheers mate :)

It was probably the busiest I've been in the save so far, that squad needed major surgery

Hopefully Everton and Southampton can stay down so I can nick a few regens :P

just caught up after a week off wow!

leaving Gladbach was a shock but looking forward to Newcastle winning the league soon!

Such a massive clear out but I'm sure you know what you are doing!

How much did you end up spending in the end all together? must have had some mighty fine war chest!
Between you and me, I have no idea what I'm doing :P

I had around £40m as a budget and around £1m extra in wages, we spent around £99m in the end, take away installments and add-ons and it was probably around the £60m mark

Crucially I offloaded the high earners and replaced them with cheaper, younger players which gave us more to spend

SQUAD REPORT
View attachment 96337
We've reached September, the transfer window is over and the quad is set, lets meet them

GOALKEEPERS
Adam Barnett and Chris Chalk
View attachment 96336View attachment 96335
Despite not having the number 1 ****, Barnett is younger and better than Chalk and will be the number 1 this season as we attempt to push into the top half

FULL BACKS
Mik Smith, Safet Seferovic, Luke Dowding and Alex Agu
View attachment 96334View attachment 96333View attachment 96332View attachment 96331
Mik Smith and Safet Seferovic will start the season as our starting full backs, but Dowding and Agu will be offering solid backup and competition and will pounce on any mistake and hopefully take their chances

CENTRE BACKS
Miguel Lucas, Marco Gavric, Drago Krivec, Brennan Willis, Arthur Terrien
View attachment 96330View attachment 96329View attachment 96328View attachment 96327View attachment 96326
Miguel Lucas will definitely be a starting centre back this season, whilst Gavric, Krivec and Willis will battle it out to partner him the heart of defence, for Terrien this season is about development before hopefully pushing on into the first team next season

WINGERS
Nicholas Rizzo and Thomas Kempshall
View attachment 96325View attachment 96324
We don't play with wingers

MIDFIELDERS
Elliott Parker, David Martin, Leonie Lambert, Joaquin De Paz and James King
View attachment 96322View attachment 96321View attachment 96320View attachment 96319View attachment 96318
Parker, Lambert and Martin will be our starting midfield trio this season, with De Paz offering support, competition and backup from the bench. This season will be about development or James King and the occasional appearance

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS
Barry Nicol and Daniel Wells
View attachment 96317View attachment 96317
Barry Nicol is a young Scottish international with potential (that sounds weird) and the slightly older Wells will offer support and backup

STRIKERS
Grant Lowe, Borislav Ivanski, Keith Jacques, Ben Woodburn and Marc Anderson
View attachment 96316View attachment 96315View attachment 96314View attachment 96313View attachment 96312
Grant Lowe and Borislav Ivanski will definitely be our starting pair up top this season whilst Keith Jacques offers support, Woodburn will offer backup (eventually) and experience which I hope Anderson can learn from

AUGUST
View attachment 1113566
Time to see if the summer spending was worthwhile

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Leicester City 1-1 Newcastle United

View attachment 96258
Chalk, Smith, Krivec, Lucas, Seferovic 67, Lambert, Brock, Martin (Srnic 90), Nicol (Agu 67), Ivanski, Lowe

If Borislav Ivanski endeared himself to his new supporters with his late goal, Safter Seferovic certainly did not with his dismissal which severely threatened our chances to get away from Leicestershire with a draw

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 1-3 Arsenal
View attachment 96257
Chalk, Smith, Krivec, Lucas, Agu, Martin, Brock, Lambert, Nicol, Ivanski (Anderson 62), Lowe

We held our own fairly well but they were just too strong

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Newcastle United

View attachment 96256
Barnett, Smith, Krivec (Gavric 74), Lucas, Seferovic, Parker (Brock 64), Lambert, Martin, Nicol, Ivanski, Lowe (Jacques 45)

If you were to look up "hard fought victory" in the dictionary, you wouldn't find the Battle of Trafalgar or Waterloo as the example, you'd find this game as we battled against West Brom to earn a vital win to kickstart our season

LEAGUE CUP SECOND ROUND
Newcastle United 2-0 Port Vale
View attachment 96255
Barnett, Dowding, Lucas, Gavric, Agu, Parker, Brock, Lambert (Martin 61), Wells, Jacques, Anderson

They never had a shot

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 3-1 Brentford
View attachment 96254
Barnett, Smith, Lucas, Gavric, Seferovic, Parker, Lambert (Wells 73), Martin, Nicol, Ivanski, Jacques (Anderson 59)

They scored their only shot early on and I was getting worried as we spurned chance after chance, fortunately we pulled through though and recorded a dominant win

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 96253
Not a bad start

SEPTEMBER
View attachment 1113575
A decent start last month, but some tough games coming up

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United
View attachment 96251
Barnett, Smith, Krivec, Gavric, Seferovic, De Paz (Nicol 61), Parker, Martin, Lambert, Ivanski (Jacques 61), Lowe

We played well and deserved a draw, but you can't give away 2 penalties and not expect to lose

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur
View attachment 96250
Barnett, Smith, Willis, Terrien, Seferovic, Martin, De Paz, Lambert (Parker 66), Nicol, Ivanski, Lowe (Jacques 73)

Another game where we deserved a draw, Spurs just had better finishers unfortunately

LEAGUE CUP THIRD ROUND
Newcastle United 1-2 Aston Villa
View attachment 96249
Barnett, Dowding, Willis, Terrien, Agu, Parker, Lambert, King (Martin 59), Wells, Ivanski (Lowe 59), Jacques

We battered them

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Crystal Palace 0-1 Newcastle United
View attachment 96245
Barnett, Smith, Willis, Terrien, Seferovic, Martin, De Paz, Lambert (Parker 62), Nicol, Ivanski, Lowe

Finally, a win

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 96244
Could have gone better

OCTOBER
View attachment 1113662
Some tough games this month

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 0-3 Manchester City
View attachment 96176
Barnett, Smith 83, Lucas, Willis, Seferovic, Martin, De Paz (Parker 51), Lambert, Nicol (Agu 83), Ivanski, Lowe

We matched Man City today and were better for large parts of the game and had more chances, I guess their strikers are just better than ours

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Burnley 1-3 Newcastle United
View attachment 96175
Barnett, Seferovic, Willis, Lucas, Agu (Terrien 74), Parker, Lambert (De Paz 59), Martin, Nicol, Ivanski (Anderson 59), Lowe

Burnley didn't know what hit them when the Newcastle freight train came to town as we battered them all over the pitch, allowing us to sit back and control the second half

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 1-1 Stoke City
View attachment 96173
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz, Lambert, Nicol (Wells 68), Ivanski, Lowe (Jacques 59)

They had one shot.

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 96171
Survival is the aim

Quite weird seeing you lose so regularly, but then again it is an all new challenge. Are you still playing your 4-2-3-1 formation?
I have emulated your tactic within my Carlisle United save and it has worked wonders, just been promoted to league 1 at the second season of asking and also won the Checkatrade Trophy!

Quite weird seeing you lose so regularly, but then again it is an all new challenge. Are you still playing your 4-2-3-1 formation?
I have emulated your tactic within my Carlisle United save and it has worked wonders, just been promoted to league 1 at the second season of asking and also won the Checkatrade Trophy!
Its strange to be on the end of routine wins for big clubs, but its just part and parcel of being a mid-table club, I guess

We're playing a 4-3-1-2 this season and its doing pretty well for us (as you'll see in the next update :P)

Good work with Carlisle as well mate :)

NOVEMBER
View attachment 1113723
The Tyne-Wear derby this month. Great fun!

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Brighton and Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United
View attachment 96123
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Parker, Lambert (De Paz 67), Martin, Nicol, Ivanski, Lowe

Its a long trip down to Brighton for the Toon Army and we rewarded them with a richly deserved victory over the Seagulls

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 4-1 Sunderland
View attachment 96122
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu (Smith 59), Parker, Lambert (De Paz 59), Martin (King 80), Nicol, Ivanski, Lowe

Let the hero worship commence

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
AFC Bournemouth 2-1 Newcastle United
View attachment 96121
Barnett, Smith, Lucas, Willis, Seferovic, Martin, De Paz (Parker 61), Lambert, Nicol (Wells 45), Anderson (Ivanski 45), Lowe

*Sigh*

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 0-0 Chelsea
View attachment 96120
Barnett, Smith, Lucas, Willis, Seferovic, Martin, De Paz (Parker 83), Labert, Nicol, Ivanski, Jacques (Woodburn 62)

We should have won this

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 96119
7 points from 4 tough games, not bad

DECEMBER
View attachment 1113859
6 games of varying significance

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Norwich City 0-1 Newcastle United
View attachment 96010
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin (Parker 66), De Paz, Lambert, Nicol, Ivanski (Woodburn 66), Anderson

A solid away performance lead to a solid away win and three lovely points

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United
View attachment 96009
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu (Smith 65), Parker, Martin, Lambert (De Paz 81), Nicol, Ivanski (Woodburn 65), Anderson

WOW! We blew United away today and really should have won by more

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 1-0 Watford
View attachment 96008
Barnett (Chalk 81), Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Parker, Martin (De Paz 66), Lambert, Nicol, Ivanski (Woodburn 66), Anderson

We sure do love these 1-0 wins

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 5-0 Leicester City
View attachment 96007
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Parker, Lambert (De Paz 75), Martin, Nicol (Wells 57), Ivanski (Woodburn 57), Anderson

What was I saying about 1-0 wins? 5-0 is much more our style

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 2-1 Swansea City
View attachment 96006
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Parker, Lambert (De Paz 65), Martin, Nicol, Ivanski, Lowe (Anderson 60)

BARRY NICOL YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United
View attachment 96005
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu (Smith 61), Martin (Parker 61), De Paz, Lambert, Nicol (Wells 32), Ivanski, Lowe

Their second goal was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 96004
Champions League as we enter 2032? I'll take that

What was so ridiculous about West Ham's second?

Good couple of months there... any January plans?

View attachment 95779
KRIVEC LEAVES ST JAMES'
View attachment 1114095
Slovenian defender Drago Krivec has today left Newcastle for a fee of £2m, leaving for Russian side Kuban Krasnodar

Krivec has barely featured for Newcastle this season, making just 4 league appearances for the Magpies

Manager Matthew Hawkins has stated that this is the end of Newcastle's business which has drawn groans from the Newcastle faithful, who are fearful of a major drop in league position having seen their side stumble through January, winning just 2 of their 6 league games, losing heavily to Arsenal and Tottenham

Despite this, the Magpies have progressed in the FA up, beating Sunderland 2-0, before narrowly defeating Chelsea 1-0
View attachment 95778

FEBRUARY
View attachment 1114157
A fairly poor month last time out, lets rectify that

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Manchester City 5-2 Newcastle United
View attachment 95720
Barnett, Smith, Lucas, Willis, Seferovic, Martin, De Paz (Parker 67), Lambert, Nicol, Jacques, Lowe

We were doing so well

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle United 0-0 Burnley
View attachment 95715
Barnett, Smith, Lucas, Willis, Seferovic, Parker, De Paz (Lambert 79), Martin, Nicol (Woodburn 79), Jacques (Giles 63), Lowe

19 shots, 11 on target, 0 goals. We're really missing Ivanski

FA CUP FIFTH ROUND
Newcastle United 3-0 Everton
View attachment 95714
Barnett, Seferovic (Smith 59), Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz, Lambert, Nicol (Wells 59), Jacques, Lowe

This game couldn't have come at a better time as we battered Championship Everton into submission

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Stoke City 0-5 Newcastle United
View attachment 95713
Barnett, Seferovic, Lucas, Willis, Agu, Martin, De Paz (King 77), Lambert, Nicol, Jacques (Giles 77), Lowe

Goals, goals, goals!

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 95712
Have we turned a corner?

Hello mate, I've been away for a few weeks and just catching up. As a geordie I'm very interested to see how your time up here goes especially after the miracles you managed in Germany!

Back