[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

View attachment 80548
TOFFEES IMPROVE FOLLOWING CALAMITOUS START
View attachment 80547

Everton's 1-0 win away at Watford was proof that the Toffees have "turned a corner" says manager Matthew Hawkins

The highly-respected boss saw his team battle to a hard-fought win, with loanee Christian Johnstone bagging the 63rd minute winner

This month has seen Everton begign showing signs of gelling as a squad following the expensive acquisition of Welsh international Leigh Dyer from Tottenham Hostpur for £30m

The Toffees mullered another London club in Brentford earlier this month, winning 3-0 following an impressive 3-0 dismantling of Celtic at Goodison Park in the Champions League

These may have been followed up by a 1-1 draw against Burnley and a 1-0 defeat to Real Madrid but things are indeed looking up for the Toffees
View attachment 80546

View attachment 1130848
TOFFEES AND GUNNERS SERVE UP CHRISTMAS TREAT
View attachment 80545

ARSENAL 7
Cerielo 30, 35, 36, Hammond-Sutton 66, 69, 87, Sekkat 84

EVERTON 4
Morgan 7, Mazzarelli og 8, Bennett 23, Griffiths 85

Everton fans will be cursing as their side gave up a 2 goal lead all too easily at the Emirates Stadium

Its a defeat that leaves them far to near the relegation zone for their liking

Everton appeared to have turned a corner last week with a 5-1 win against Sunderland after being knocked out of the Champions League following a 4-2 win at Celtic Park

This defeat leaves Everton with just 1 win in six, having lost 5-2 to Chelsea and 3-1 to Manchester City in November

Home draws with Leicester and Southampton have also done nothing to quell the fears of the Goodison faithful who see their stars faltering before their eyes

View attachment 80514
UNHAPPY NEW YEAR AT EVERTON
View attachment 80513

2041 has picked up where 2040 left off for Everton as the Toffees succumbed to an embarrassing 5-1 defeat at Manchester United

A win at Brighton and FA Cup progression has done nothing for the Everton fans, who are continually calling for manager Matthew Hawkins to go

The 43 year old manager has presided over some famous days for the blue half of Liverpool but patience is growing thin with the beleaguered boss, who is spending less and less time at the training ground according to some sources

Everton, who ended 2040 with 3 defeats from 4 winnable games have been flirting with relegation all season and, with no investment on the horizon, things could turn ugly at Goodison

3rd of March 2041"Ahhhhhh bollocks" I sighed as I left the press area to walk towards the dressing room. Another game, another loss and they don't even hurt anymore

2-0 up at home to 20th placed Watford, plain sailing right? Nope. 3-2 to Watford, final score. My group of spineless cowards can't hold on against ******* Watford

Its more of the same, we lost 3-2 at Spurs despite going 2-0 up, drew 3-3 at home to Brentford and lost to Brighton. Its nonsense. We were incredible last season, we crushed teams like Watford, swatted them aside as we surged forwards. We scored 84 goals last season, we've only managed 43 this campaign. Not good enough.

I reached the dressing room, but what do I say? I've tried everything this season. I've bollocked them, put the arm around the shoulder, the stick, the carrot. Everything, but they're still ****.

I walked into the dressing room, a dressing room that so often last season was the scene of celebration, high fives and general happiness. Now its like a morgue. "Sorry boss" mumbled Bob Dalton as I walked past him, hs head in his hands, having missed a sitter to secure his hat trick.

"Its alright, Bob" I replied as I walked to the front of the dressing room, desperately thinking of what to say to devastated rabble

BRRRRING BRRRRING

The phone vibrated in my hand as I picked it up, trembling as I did so. I knew what was coming.

"Mr Hawkins? Mr Logan would like to see you in his office immediately."

uh oh! that phone ringing doesn't look good!

Great to see this is still going! I've not been on here for a while so I had a lot to catch up on :)

View attachment 80449
HAWKINS GONE
View attachment 80448

Shocking news is coming out of Merseyside tonight as sources at Everton claim that Matthew Hawkins has left the club with immediate effect

The 43 year old boss was called to an emergency board meeting shortly after their 3-2 defeat by Watford, with the Welshman facing a battle for his job

Instead, Hawkins reportedly told the board of directors he wouldn't "Beg them for his job" and resigned with immediate effect

The board and Hawkins had an open and mutual dislike for each other with the two clashing on multiple issues

Despite their poor season to date many Everton fans are dismayed by the news, as Hawkins took them from the Championship to the Champions League in three seasons, as well as FA Cup success last season

Already clubs are circling the beleaguered boss, with clubs at home and abroad expressing an interest in the Welshman's services
View attachment 80447

1st of June 2041Bye bye Merseyside. I've taken a couple of months out since leaving Everton, I've stayed away from football, only glimpsing at the Premier League after that terrible season and now I'm fully refreshed and have completely re charged the old batteries for another stab at this football malarkey.

To leave Everton the way I did hurt, I'd built up an affinity or not just the team but the club, having brought them up from the Championship and taken them into Europe, it hurt almost as much as the sacking at Gladbach. Almost.

Unlike at Gladbach, however, my departure had an air of inevitability about it, the season was ****. They recovered after I left to finish 14th but that's just not good enough and I deserved to go.

I'm glad I didn't take them down because my stock as a manager would have gone through the floor, already I'm not viewed as I once was. Little over 10 years ago I was a young, 34 year old manager who'd just taken Borussia Mönchengladbach to their first Bundesliga title in over 50 years and would lead them to a Champions League title the year after. Now I'm a washed up old **** who got sacked at Newcastle and almost took Everton down, and I'm only 44!

Fortunately, I've been the subject of interest from multiple clubs. I've already turned down both Leicester City and old flame Newcastle United, I've decided I want to leave England and have already put the feelers out abroad.

I've spoken to St Pauli in Germany and a couple of clubs in Spain, all of which seemed keen on me. There are clubs in Spain, Germany, France and Italy who all have me as their top target. Which is nice.

My phone buzzed. I answered. A voice came down the line.

"Bonjour..."

Oooh, nice. Assuming it's France (and not Switzerland/Belgium) this could be interesting - not enough French stories on here.

Mate I was gutted to hear about your sacking at Everton, but its good that there's still loads of interest for your services....interested to see where you end up next!

View attachment 80364
HAWKINS' FRENCH RETURN
View attachment 80363

Its been some time since Matthew Hawkins' short stint in charge of the French national team and regular readers may be forgiven for getting the Welshman's spell in charge, but he's back in France, this time with a club

The 44 year old cited "Unfinished business" in French football as the reason for his return, with the controversial manager rejecting offers from both England and Germany, where he enjoyed most of his major successes

Hawkins has been announced as the new manager of Toulouse, who finished 15th in Ligue 1 last season

Les Pitchouns are a relatively young club, having been formed in 1970 and aged just 71, they can't even access their state pension anymore, here's what Hawkins had to say:

"Toulouse are a great club, with a great fanbase, a great stadium, great facilities and room to grow, I'm looking forward to managing here"
View attachment 80362

15th of June 2041Welcome to Toulouse. Its a nice place. I've not been here long but the weather, buildings and atmosphere all point to one thing: Nice. Not the place Nice, as in the adjective, you get what I mean. Now all we need is a decent football side

Toulouse have never finished higher than 7th. That's not necessarily a problem, its an easy record for me to smash. One of the main things Toulouse has going for it is this: Their youth facilities are ******* incredible and the youth squad is very good, if I wait around for 4 years, I won't need signings!

Toulouse regularly sell youngsters for big money, some at up to €40m if they hold on long enough. I like that

The club is in a very healthy situation financially and that coupled with the youngsters and me mean I think we could be looking at Europe within the next 3 or 4 seasons

Although I did just selltwo of our two best players

Academy product Luc Valero went to Napoli for €23m having made 343 league appearances for Toulouse and fellow academy product Marvin Lorentz went to Bologna for €5m after 271 league appearances.

They didn't justify there wage

View attachment 80332
HAWKINS RETURNS TO OLD STOMPING GROUNDS
View attachment 80331

New Toulouse manager Matthew Hawkins has returned to his old stomping grounds in search of players to bolster his new side and has returned with a trio poised to push Toulouse up the Ligue 1 table

First up is defender Jeff Tran, who's been signed from Hibernian €1.1m, Tran's contract with the Scottish club was ending and Toulouse paid the measly compensation fee for the 23 year old

Tran was touted as the next great American player when he broke through at New York City FC before being signed by Hawkins at Hibs for €3.3m

The 7 time American international however made only 33 league appearances in 5 seasons at Easter Road, instead spending time back on loan at New York and at St Patrick's Athletic
View attachment 80324

The second signing was that of Kieran McPolin from Everton on a season long loan deal

The 18 year old England Under 21 international was handed his professional debut by Hawkins at Everton and the teenager has impressed during loan spells at Shrewsbury Town and Queens Park Rangers
View attachment 80323

The last signing was the big one, however, with Toulouse signing wonderkid Thomas Hudson from Everton for a fee of €16m

Hudson, 20, came through the youth system at former European champions Nottingham Forest before joining the Toffees, where he made just 24 league appearances

The England Under 21 international, who's noted for his slight stature (standing at just 5ft 2in), is said to be looking forward to making his mark in France
View attachment 80322

Being a fellow Welshman and like a good journey story myself (One man club gets boring) i give this thread a five star rating.

Hit me up on the friends list, maybe do an online journey or something

Adrian Modeste and Morgan Lafont look like massive prospects for the future! Modeste is valued at 700k at 15 years old!!

Being a fellow Welshman and like a good journey story myself (One man club gets boring) i give this thread a five star rating.

Hit me up on the friends list, maybe do an online journey or something
You're too kind :p