[INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE] - A Journeyman Save

MAY
View attachment 83026
A solid first season back in the big time

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton 1-1 Leicester City
View attachment 83025
Lewis, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Joyce, King, Bennett, Hudson (Jackson 67), Palanca, McPolin (Dalton 67)

Liam Lewis become's the Premier League's youngest ever player at 15. New Neville Southall

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
West Ham United 2-2 Everton
View attachment 83024
Lewis, Usardi, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Joyce, King, Bennett, Hudson (Jackson 78), Palanca, McPolin (Dalton 78)

The kids are alright

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton 1-2 Southampton
View attachment 83023
Lewis, Usardi, Orr, Peate, MacLean, Harkin, King, Bennett, Hudson, Palanca, McPolin (Dalton 79)

5 academy products in the first XI today

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 83022
Best team on the Mersey

View attachment 82830
HAWKINS BUILDS ON BRITISH CORE
View attachment 82829

Everton have kicked off the transfer window with a double purchase, bringing in Aaron Flynn and Shaun Greaves from West Bromwich Albion and Sunderland respectively

Hawkins has earned great respect for his domestic stars and he's continued in that vain, bringing in two of England's brightest young stars

Flynn, 26, came in from West Brom for a fee of £10m after 11 years at the club

The goalkeeper made 108 league appearances for the Baggies, helping his boyhood club to the League Cup in 2034 and winning the Under-21 European Championship with England in 2033

Flynn's star has faded since then however, with the Englishman failing to break into the national team despite his early promise
View attachment 82828

Next up is Shaun Greaves, who's joined from Sunderland for a fee of £33m

Greaves, 20, came through the ranks at Sunderland and impressed in the Championship, making 47 appearances for the Black Cats over two seasons in the second tier

Greaves has 20 Under 21 caps and is a potential star of the future
View attachment 82827

View attachment 1128459
TWO COME IN FOR NOTHING
View attachment 82825

Everton have brought in another duo of players as they continue to strengthen their squad for an assault on the European places, bringing in a duo on free transfers

The first player brought in was considered a bit of a coup as the Toffees brought in Julian Rivas on a free transfer from Atletico Madrid

Rivas came through at Atletico Madrid and made 83 league appearances for the Spanish giants over a course of 4 years from his breakthrough

Rivas, 25, also spent time on loan at Osasuna, Mallorca, Alaves and Leicester, making 96 appearances
View attachment 82824

The second signing was that of Warren Kyle from Borussia Mönchengladbach

Kyle, 24, worked under Hawkins at Gladbach and Hibernian, for whom he scored 40 goals in 70 league appearances

The Llanelli born front man also has 5 goals in 30 games for Wales despite coming through at Gladbach
View attachment 82823

View attachment 82695
MADNESS AT GOODISON
View attachment 82694

Goodison Park has descended into madness this evening as they've brought in defender Antonio Baldelli from fierce rivals Liverpool for a fee of £15m

The recently relegated Reds have been shedding players in the window. Everton, bolstered y the sales of Joey Cross (Burnley £8m), Benjamin Fradin (Sunderland £4.5m) and Mikaya Shimada (Levante £1m) swooped for the Italian

Bandelli, 23, never appeared for Liverpool after joining from Palermo, spending time on loan at Villarreal, Como, Sevilla, Fenerbahce and Porto
View attachment 82693

Joining Baldelli is the less controversial signing of Marian Brandenburg from Red Bull Salzburg for £3.5m

The 19 year old has already appeared for Austria and has a bright future in the game

He made 9 appearances for Salzburg as well as 21 on loan at FC Nürnberg
View attachment 82692

View attachment 82689
TOFFEES OFF TO FLYER
View attachment 82688

Everton fans are on cloud nine after a 100% start to the season

The Toffees have won all four of their opening league games as well as their opening League Cup tie to complete a perfect start

Two wins in the North East away to Sunderland and Middlesbrough sandwiched an excellent 2-0 home win against West Ham and another 2-0 win against Port Vale in the League Cup

The ended the month with an incredible match against Watford which ended 5-4 to the Toffees, with the Scousers registering 32 shots with 19 on target
View attachment 82687

SEPTEMBER
View attachment 82561
100%

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace
View attachment 82560
Flynn, Healy (Baldelli 66), Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves (Joyce 82), King, Bennett, Jackson, Rivas, Dalton

A solid win and a solid performance

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Leicester City 1-3 Everton
View attachment 82559
Flynn, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves (Joyce 80), King, Bennett, Jackson (Vitolo 80), Rivas, Dalton

A bit nervy at times but we got their in the end

LEAGUE CUP THIRD ROUND
Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Everton
View attachment 82558
Flynn, Brown, Orr, Sanogo, Combe, Joyce (King 58), Greaves, Bennett, Vitolo, Rivas, Dalton

Nice to see Sherlock grab a goal...

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton 2-2 Arsenal
View attachment 82557
Flynn, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves (Vitolo 65), King, Bennett, Jackson, Rivas (Palanca 79), Dalton

Frustrating

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-3 Everton
View attachment 82556
Flynn, Healy, Orr (Baldelli 71), Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves, King (Usardi 67), Bennett, Jackson, Rivas, Dalton

That's better

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 82555
100% no more

Just read all of the story so far, big Stockport fan failing miserably, any tips on how you do your tactics etc?

Just read all of the story so far, big Stockport fan failing miserably, any tips on how you do your tactics etc?
Hope you enjoyed the read!

On tactics I do whatever I tend to go with what's worked for me before but if the team suits a certain style I'll go with that, take a look at the players you have and decide what's best from there. I don't normally use wingers but when I took over Everton had a few very good ones so I went with a 4-2-3-1. The "Control" mentality tends to work well on this year's game but it obviously varies dependent on what level you're at

OCTOBER
View attachment 82360
Just keep it up

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton 0-2 Chelsea
View attachment 82359
Flynn, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves (Vitolo 70), Usardi, Bennett, Jackson (Kyle 70), Rivas, Dalton

Our first loss comes in our first real test. Worrying.

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Brighton and Hove Albion 2-0 Everton
View attachment 82358
Flynn, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves, King, Bennett, Jackson, Rivas, Dalton (Kyle 66)

Also worrying

LEAGUE CUP FOURTH ROUND
York City 0-1 Everton
View attachment 82357
Flynn, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves (Joyce 64), King, Bennett, Jackson (Vitolo 76), Rivas, Dalton (Kyle 76)

Hopefully this gives the lads some much needed confidence

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton 2-0 Newcastle United
View attachment 82356
Flynn, Healy (Brown 83), Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves, King (Joyce 65), Bennett, Jackson, Rivas, Dalton (Kyle 73)

I do enjoy beating Newcastle

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 82355
Taken a bit of a hit

NOVEMBER
View attachment 82252
Not the greatest month last time out, need improvement

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton 1-1 Stoke City
View attachment 82251
Flynn, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, Combe, Greaves, King, Bennett, Jackson, Rivas (Palanca 69), Dalton

Left-back Marc Combe's first ever Everton goal snatches us a point

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
West Bromwich Albion 2-4 Everton
View attachment 82250
Flynn, Brown, Orr, Sanogo (Jeacock 66), MacLean, Greaves, King, Bennett, Jackson (Vitolo 66), Rivas, Dalton

That's more like it

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Norwich City 1-4 Everton
View attachment 82249
Flynn, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Greaves, King, Bennett (Kyle 6), Jackson, Rivas (Palanca 62), Dalton

WARREN KYLE FINALLY DOES A GOAL

LEAGUE CUP QUARTER FINAL
Everton 1-2 Manchester City
After Extra-Time
View attachment 82248
Flynn, Healy, Orr, Sanogo, MacLean, Joyce, King (Usardi 74), Taylor (Nicholas 87), Jackson (Vitolo 74), Palanca, Kyle

A starless Everton side are unlucky against Man City

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 82247
We're refusing to fall behind

View attachment 82090
TOFFEES POWER THROUGH TOUGH DECEMBER
View attachment 82089

An incredibly tough 6 game run would have daunted Toffees fans upon reading the fixture list as they faced Tottenham, Manchester United, Manchester City and West Ham United back-to-back

The tough month got off to a poor start as Everton lost 2-1 at home to Derby and it appeared to be the beginning of a slide

The opposite was the reality as the Toffees smashed Brentford 5-1 before dominating Spurs in a 2-1 victory at New White Hart Lane

This was followed up by a comprehensive 2-0 win over United at Goodison Park before a 4-0 demolishing of Manchester City

The Toffees ended the month with a hard fought 1-1 draw against West Ham at the Olympic Stadium
View attachment 82088

Big game players or what... can't beat Derby or West Ham but you shaft both Manchester sides and beat Spurs away. Hmm.

Big game players or what... can't beat Derby or West Ham but you shaft both Manchester sides and beat Spurs away. Hmm.
Injuries and suspensions are the bane of my life, we have basically no depth outside a group of maybe 15/16 players so a few players unavailable and we're screwed

Now doing a same kind of journeyman save you're doing right now. I've got this Icelandic team retained a cup in the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League, I'll do that later ☺

Now doing a same kind of journeyman save you're doing right now. I've got this Icelandic team retained a cup in the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League, I'll do that later ☺
Good luck mate, Iceland's a tough league to manage in