Inter The Light – The Chronicle Of Chris’ Career

Reaction score
Author’s Notes: First off can I thank Sass101 for allowing me to start this – as he also has an Inter story running, and we’re not really supposed to copy. Also, I have already started this season so initially I will be reporting on past events. Finally, please feel free to – at any time – suggest ideas for signings, tactics and anything else related to the team; as well as tips for improving the layout. Please do follow and I hope you enjoy it ;)
Now let’s crack on! :D

###########################

View attachment 66435

30th June 2009

The Italian football world has been stunned this afternoon as FC Internazionale Head Coach Jose Mourinho has resigned in a tirade of vicious outbursts, condemning the “shambolic” state of the Italian Serie A. While speaking to journalists at a press conference inside the club’s Pinetina training base. The former Chelsea manager, 46, told the assembled journalists:
“I have had enough of Italian football, I detest it. The fans have no passion, the players no fight, and the media – they are all imbeciles. I, the special one, the greatest manager in the world, can no longer continue to persevere coaching in this absurd environment. I therefore resign as coach with immediate effect. I will take the next available flight to Spain where I will meet Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to discuss my move there. Tomorrow I will be unveiled as Madrid manager in front of 80,000 wonderful Madrid fans at the Santiago Bernabeu. There I will be loved by fans, players and pundits alike – there is now place here for me now, the football in this country is in a shambolic state. Goodbye.”

View attachment 66437

Mr. Mourinho resigns from Inter.

View attachment 66435

31st June 2009 – 12noon.
After now-former Inter boss Jose Mourinho declared that today was the day he would be unveiled as manager of Real Madrid CF, the eyes of the footballing world have been firmly focussed on the Spanish capital. More news when we get it here on Sky Sports News......

###########################

Last edited:
View attachment 66445

31st June 2009 – 3P.M.

Milan

With still no news coming out of Madrid, our attention – for the moment – returns to Milan, where Inter are currently without a manager heading into pre-season. When quizzed on the subject, Managing Director of the club Ernesto Paolillo had this to say, “We are to make our final selection, but expect an announcement within the next 3
hours.”

31st June 2009 – 4P.M.

Madrid

Sat in the main press room at Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernaubeu stadium, General Manager Miguel Pardeza commented: “Yes, I have heard the reports from Milan. Yes, I have spoken to Segnor Perez; our chairman here. Finally, I have spoken to Manuel Pellegrini, the team’s Head Coach. And after these discussions I am delighted to say that we will not be replacing Mr. Pellegrini. I shall not be taking any questions, but I would like to thank you very much for your time.”

31st June 2009 – 4.30P.M.

Madrid

So you’ve heard what Mr. Pardeza has said at a press conference in Madrid, Manuel Pellegrini remains as Real Madrid manager. Therefore, Jose Mourinho is left without a club – having yesterday proclaimed that he would take over from the Chilean this afternoon. What does the future hold for the Portugese? Stay logged-on to www.skysportsnews.com to find out.

################

More updates coming soon! ;) (H)]

Best of luck mate. :)

Nice start.

Best of luck mate. :)

Nice start.

Cheers Chris, glad you like it ;)

#############################################

View attachment 66447

Sky Sports News TV.

31st June 2009 – 6P.M.

Milan

“.... and we cross live now to chief football reporter Nick Collins, who is in Milan outside the San Siro at present. Any news for us Nick?”

“Yes, well, here we are, inside the Stadium, at the gathering that Mr. Paolillo had said would happen, and here he is coming into the room now. Accompanying him are Director Luis Figo and Chairman Massimo Moratti. “

View attachment 66448

Board members file in.....

Moratti: “Good evening everyone, I’m sure you know why we have called this meeting. It is our pleasure to present our new manager of FC Internazionale. We are delighted to welcome him to the club and wish him every success. Our selection may come as a surprise to some of you, but this man has been involved in our youth set-up for 6 years, and also worked with the first-team squad on a handful of occasions. He has the full backing of the board and has signed a contract until July 2011. Ladies and gentlemen, Christopher McLaughlin. Mr. McLaughlin will say a few things and then will be open to any questions you may have.”

McLaughlin: Thankyou, Mr Moratti. Having worked with this wonderful club for 6 years, I cannot put into words my delight at being offered the managerial post here at the San Siro. I solemnly swear that I will do everything within my power and ability to try to bring sporting success to this great club. Thankyou.

View attachment 66449

ESPN Europe: Mr McLaughlin, congratulations on your appointment. Is this moment a dream come true for you?

McLaughlin: How kind of you. And yes, I absolutely adore this club and it’s fans, and having grown up in Italy as a supporter of the club it gives me utmost pleasure to be sat here in front of you.

Sky Italia: As manager of Inter, can you give some detail on the style you will adopt in the ucoming transfer window?

McLaughlin: Yes, of course. I have every faith in the current first-team squad and I firmly believe that they are capable of challenging for the highest honours all across the board. For this reason, I will be mainly looking into signing younger players, and will look forward to nurturing them into top players for this team.

Eurosport: Upon signing your contract Mr. McLaughlin; have been appointed manager of a team for the first time in your career. Nervous?

McLaughlin: No, not at all. I feel only excitement at the challenges which lie ahead, and confident that under my tutelage, Inter Milan will be successful this season.

Inter Milan Press Officer: The allocated time for this press conference has elapsed, Mr. McLaughlin will answer no more questions.
So to groans from both the press and McLaughlin himself, the journalists slowly filed out – many speaking hurriedly into their mobile phones, while others were typing into netbook at rapid speed, all trying to be the first with this coup.

View attachment 66450

##########################################

Last edited:
I will follow the story Chris, and is that the suit you wore to the Celtic game?

Last edited:
Cheers RyanGiggs11, updates tomorrow night, watching CL final at a pals (H) ;)

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Just starting latest update! Hopefully I can post this plus one other today. Thanks to those who following following, it means a lot.

Chris. :)

Last edited:
Good luck Chris, good grammar etc which makes it a good read so keep it up. :)

Good luck Chris, good grammar etc which makes it a good read so keep it up. :)

Cheers Max, glad you like it. Just like BillyRedrup (I think), I am a "Grammar ****". (See his squad status. :p

As I said early I'll try to update A.S.A.P, but my Accounts & Finance Standard Grade tomorrow just take priority. Thanks fr the patience ;)

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Update is finished and saved on microsoft word. Expect up it up within the hour! Thanks for following XD

Last edited:
View attachment 66729

BBc Sport - Football - Italian Football - Transfer Window Update

With both Milan club’s having appointed new managers this close season, the two club’s fans have experienced some interesting activity in the current transfer market. New Inter boss Christopher McLaughlin has been quick on the draw, signing 2 young starlets so far, with 18 year-old Ivorian striker Lacina Traore signing for £3.5M from Belgian champions CFR Cluj, and Serie C side Pescara’s 16 year-old midfielder finalising his £450K move early last week. The two new signings described their transfer’s as “A dream come true,” and “The biggest day of my life” respectively.
In other news, the Milanese side have also busied themselves acquiring the signature of another, 16 year-old Nigerian Stanley Okoro, who will join the Nerazzuri a year in January (2011).
It has not however been a case of “buy, buy, buy” for McLaughlin: The 33 year-old Scot has also sold Ivan Cordoba to Bayern Munich for £4.2M, and veteran ‘keeper Francesco Toldo to Palermo for £1.5M.

Inter’s cross-city rivals A.C. have also opted to look to future, with new manager – and former player – Leonardo completing co-ownership deals for Palermo’s 18 year-old centre-back Andrea Adamo for £400K, and Napoli’s Luigi Sepe, a goalkeeper, who is also 18. Both players will remain and Palermo and Napoli respectively. Finally, “hush-hush” discussions are said to be ongoing between A.C. and Napoli, over a possible £250K co-ownership deal for the Nepalese side’s 18 year-old midfielder Umberto Varriale.

Meanwhile, while the biggest deal in the Serie A this summer has been the £7.75M sale of Serbian wing-back Aleksandar Kolarov from Lazio to Manchester United. Lazio also parted company with forward Tomasso Rocchi, who signed for Catalan giants Barcelona for a fee of £6.75M.

Finally, here are the latest Italian transfer rumours.

View attachment 66730

-----------------------------

Inter Milan Pre-Season friendly results:

Inter Milan 2-0 Inter Reserves
Scorers: Motta (26), Eto'o (50)
Attendance: 0

Manager's thoughts:- a welcome opportunity to look at my squad in action, delighted with the effort shown and also pleased to have had the chance to try out some tactics.

Inter Milan 0-0 Anderlecht
Scorers: None
Attendance: 32,851

Manager's thoughts:- Made a few changes here to see some fringe players such as midfielder McDonald Mariga playing. Pretty pleased with another good run-out, which will have had a great benefit on the players' fitness levels heading into the new season.

Match Stats:
View attachment 66731

CFR Cluj 0-6 Inter Milan
Scorers: Motta (10), Eto'o (12,42), Stankovic (50), Tremolada (64), Lucio (72)
Attendance: 12,194

Manager's Thoughts:- Absolutely delighted with this performance, a world-class showing from my boys. Ecstatic that we enjoyed near-total domination of the Romanian's. Also chuffed for young wide-midfielder Luca Tremolada, who scored moments after coming on as a substitute.

Q.P.R. 0-4 Inter Milan
Scorers: Balotelli (18), Eto'o (37,82), Motta (45+1)
Attendance: 17,034

Manager's Comments:- Very pleased that our pre-season tour of England has begun with an industrious victory over the London outfit. Main highlights for me were another clean-sheet and another goal form midfielder Thiago Motta - hoping the 26 year-old can carry his great goalscoring form onto competitive fixtures.

###############

Thanks for reading guys, might try to squeeze in another update tonight (H)

Chris ;) :)

Only just saw this...good luck :)

Good luck mate.I will follow.

Cheers guys :) (H)

Here's another small update just for you two. :p

##################

View attachment 66742

Inter Milan fans will no doubt be delighted with pre-season so far, with new manager Christopher McLaughlin overseeing the team to 6 friendly wins out of 6 ahead of their upcoming super cup final against Lazio. With only two signings so far - striker Lacina Traore and midfielder Marco Verratti, the Scotsman seems determined to get the best out of the team he inherited, rather than spruce it up with a razzmatazz influx of new players.

View attachment 667434

Friendly Results - Italy - Inter Milan.

Hull 0-2 Inter
Scorers: Balotelli (1), Eto'o (7)
Attendance: 25,305

View attachment 66744
Inter Milan star Samuel Eto'o was clearly delighted after netting his side's second goal at the KC stadium.

Post match interview:

View attachment 66745

Damian Johnson, Hull Daily News: Mr McLaughlin, what did you make of your sides performance here today?

McLaughlin: I was very pleased with the levels of commitment and fight our boys showed against a very strong Hull unit. Perhaps we faded a little as the game wore on, but that's only natural, it is only pre-season after all - the players are far from full fitness.

BBC Sport: Do you feel you would like to further strengthen your squad with any new
signings, Mr McLaughlin?

McLaughlin: Not particularly, of course no team is ever perfect, but apart from the decision on which player or player I would sign, one also must take into consideration the possibility that a new purchase could perhaps have a detrimental effect on squad morale, which - of course - is not something I would like to encourage.

BBC Sport: Thank you for your time, Sir, congratulations on your win, and best of luck for the future.

McLaughlin: Thankyou, you too.

Lecister 1-4 Inter
Scorers: Motta (pen,42), Cambiasso (44,79), Mariga (74)
Attendance: 28,171.

BBC Sport Comments: After unexpectedly falling behind to a Sean McDermott opener in the 12th minute, Inter responded very well indeed, rallying to silince the home support at the Walker's stadium, stuffing 4 goals past Lecister goalkeeper Chris Weale in the process. The goal of the day was no doubt Inter's third, coming from young midfield substitute McDonald Mariga. The 22 year-old Kenyan midfielder showed exemplary composure to tuck the ball away after linkingn up with Lacina Traore and Marco Verratti as the Nerazurri executed a superb, free-flowing counter-attacking after the home side failed to take advantage of a corner.

Manager's Thoughts: Another well-deserved win for the team, boosting morale no end. Hopefully these performances, with accompanying results, can continue for weeks and months to come. Very enamoured that three of the four players - the fourth being Davide Santon - who I feel will write the future of this club combined well for the third goal.

##############

Super Cup final vs. Lazio tomorrow, hopefully update shall be posted around 4P.M.

Thanks, again, to those following, hope your enjoying the ride! ;) :)

Last edited:
Author’s Notes: Just so you know, I will not be doing a big build-up and analysis of every match as I have done below. I feel that would take up too much time, so I will only do this for important matches, ie cup finals etc. Chris.

###############################

View attachment 66935

View attachment 66933 - View attachment 66934

Inter Milan v S.S. Lazio

National Olympic Stadium, Beijing, China.

Key man watch:

Inter: Samuel Eto’o. The Cameroon player has been on fire in pre-season and manager Christopher McLaughlin will be hoping that his star striker can continue his friendly form into his side’s first competitive match of the season.

View attachment 66936

Lazio: Cristian Ledesma. The 26 year-old Argentinean playmaker will be looking to get on the ball and has the ability to dictate the game if his opponents allow him the opportunity.

View attachment 66937

Manager Profiles:

Inter: Manager Christopher McLaughlin has only been in charge of his beloved Inter side for 5 weeks now, having recently taking up the reigns after spending 6 years working at the club’s youth academy.

View attachment 66938

McLaughlin with his tactics board.

Lazio: 63 year-old Edoardo Reja will be looking forward to his first full season as Lazio manager, after being given the job in February this year.

View attachment 66939

How the teams line up:

View attachment 66940

View attachment 66941

BBC Sport live match updates.

3pm: Inter take kick-off.

1st min: Lazio goalkeeper Fernando Muslera makes his first save of the day, thwarting an early chance from Samuel Eto’o after the Cameroonian linked-up well with team-mate Goran Pandev.

4th min: After making excellent use of his pace and trickery down the right-wing, Inter winnger Ricorda Quaresma can only hit the outside of the post.

10th min: Thiago Motta and Samuel Eto’o both fire over for Inter within 30 seconds of each other.

17th min: Muslera’s shot-stopping prowess is tested again, as the Uruguayan does well to keep hold of a curling free-kick from Wesley Sniejder.

20th min: Lazio midfielder Ousmane Doba is booked for shirt-pulling.

28th min: Muslera does well to get a gloved fist to Eto’o looping cross, and defender Maurizio Lanzaro heads the ball clear from just inside the Lazio box.

30th min: Inter goalkeeper Julio Cesar is at last relieved from his spectating ccapacity, springing into flight to stifle a chance for Dabo.

31st min: After Ricardo Bonetto conceded a free-kick by upending Inter right-back Macion, Muslera makes yet another clever save, tipping ball over the bar after Sneijder’s set-piece found Thiago Motta on the edge of the area.

43rd min: Thiago Motta has been booked for obstructin g Lazio’s Metuzalem.

45th min: Stephan Lichsteiner is booked for tripping Sneijder.

46th min: The fourth official announces that there will be 4 additional minutes.

45 mins + 4: Lazio’s Stephan Lichsteiner is SENT OFF after pulling Thiago Motta, Lazio are down to ten men.

Half-Time.

46th min: With neither side making any changes during the interval, the second half begins.

49th min: Julio Cesar pulls off a world-class save, scoring across his goalmouth to turn Julio Cruz’ 20 yard shot behind for Lazio’s second corner of the day.

57th min. Thiago Motta receives his last warning from the referee after fouling opposing forward Mauro Zarate.

64th min: Inter have three consecutive corners, but they all amount to nothing. Goal kick.

73rd min: Eto’o sees his left-foot shot parried by Muslera, and the ball is eventually cleared for an Inter throw-in just inside the Lazio half.

75th min: Substitution from Lazio. Former Inter striker applauds the Lazio fans as he trudges of the field carrying an ankle injury. Cruz is replaced by Lazio No.9, Algerian striker Ghezzal.

80th min: Lazio’s Metuzalem can only watch as his 25 yard shot bounces wide.

81st min: Double Substitution by Inter. Diego Milito replaces limping countryman Esteban Cambiasso, and Serbian Dejan Stankovic comes on for assiduous
midfielder Thiago Motta.

86th min: Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder curls the ball wide from a free-kick around 30 yards from goal.

90th min: 3 mins added time has been indicated.

94th min: Referee Christian Brighi calls time on a laborious second 45.

90th min: We now enter extra-time. Inter have kick-off.

92nd min: Inter substitution. Manager Chris McLaughlin makes his third and final change, replacing Macedonian Goran Pandev with the tireless Sulley Muntari.

94th min: Brazilian defender Lucio is booked for holding Zarate’s jersey.

101st min: Lazio clear the ball from the corner won by Samuel Eto’o who – after jinking his way past three defenders – could not beat ‘keeper Muslera.

104th min: GOAL! Inter Milan finally break down ten-man Lazio’s sturdy back-line, with Samuel Eot’o latching on to a beautiful pass from the illustrious Stankovic, rounding Muslera and calmy slotting home to give his side the lead. 1-0.

105th min: Lazio kick-off.

105th min +2: Half-time in Extra Time.

107th min: Javier Zanetti is reprimanded by the referee after sending Zarate crashing to the ground with a burly body-check.

113th min: GOAL! 2-0 to Inter. Stankovic volleys the ball into the open net after Muslera parried Milito’s shot into his path, and the Italian Super Cup is now surely headed to the San Siro.

120th min: The ref blows for full-time, and inter win the Super Cup!

YouTube- Inter Milan Trophy Presentation Celebration 2010 Champions 16/05/2010
The victorious Inter players celebrate their Super cup win.

View attachment 66942

Muntari was delighted to get his hans on the Super Cup.......

View attachment 66943

As was Diego Milito.

########################

Author: Hey guys, hope you all enjoyed that update. As always, please comment - and don't be shy in telling me what I can do better! :p

Thanks, Chris ;) (H)

Good update , I like the way you use photos and videos in your story .

I think A.C Milan call it the San Siro , but Inter fans call it the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Good update , I like the way you use photos and videos in your story .

I think A.C Milan call it the San Siro , but Inter fans call it the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Cheers Keiran.

And ok, thanks. Was wondering how to differentiate (H) :)

great victory over Lazio, they are always a tough team to beat mate, well done, hope you follow mine also, cheers :) and it's Giuseppe Meazza for both i guess

great victory over Lazio, they are always a tough team to beat mate, well done, hope you follow mine also, cheers :) and it's Giuseppe Meazza for both i guess

Cheers pal. :) Will do :D The stadium is actually called Giuseppe Meazza but it is reffered to as the "San Siro" as it's in the San Siro district of Milan.