Inter The Light – The Chronicle Of Chris’ Career

Exclusive FourFourTwo interview with Inter boss Chris McLaughlin!

View attachment 67881

View attachment 67880

“Mourinho? Who? Ah, him.” Inter manager Chris McLaughlin talks management, Milito, Milan, and Mourinho. Enjoy.

Among the flush green forests of the Milanese suburbs, Fc Internazionale’s Pinetina training complex is a world upon its own. Taking time out from feeding bread to ducks at the nearby ‘ruscello’ is entirely at ease with us, embracing us with a hug while wearing shorts, a sunhat and a “Gio-Goi” t-shirt. “Relaxation is vital,” he says, “If all I do is work then my mind will dilute and I will not perform at my best. I have told the players that they need to relax too. I often join in during their X-Box tournaments. These activities bring us closer together; we are one big, happy family.” So, will the man who grew up with Psychologist James Readman be floundering like a fish, or be soaring like an eagle after his stint in Milan......

“Your father is a dentist, why didn’t you follow in his footsteps?”

Sean Taylor, Manchester.

My father is a dentist yes, and up until the age of around fourteen I was eager to follow in his footsteps. He ran a surgery with his friend, another dentist, and I got on well with my dad’s colleague, and his son. But at seventeen I completed my youth coaching badges, and joined the coaching set-up at my local club, Clyde. From there I progressed to work with Glasgow Celtic, and then finally I was offered the role as Head of Youth Development here in Milan. Nowadays, i live for the game. To be honest; I always have. Even when I was studying for my school exams back in Scotland, I would climb out of my window – on the second floor – just to get to the park and play football with my friends. So that is why I am not a dentist Mr. Taylor, I have too much love for football.

Did you ever play football for a team when you were younger? How close were you to ‘making it’ as a professional?

Scott Button, Manchester

Yes I did, as I mentioned earlier I even evaded studying to play. I play “Libero”, as you call it, an emerging centre-half I was, nipping in front of my opponent and getting the ball away from my goal. We didn’t trust our keeper you see, he was very inconsistent. That put extra impetus on us defenders to prevent the strikers we were playing against. I don’t know exactly how near I came to ‘making it’, but there was interest from some second and third division clubs, the likes of Morton and Alloa, but I chose instead to finish my education and go into coaching.

Given Jose Mourinho’s success here at Inter, how do you think the fans will react if you fail to deliver any silverware this season?

Kris Jackson, Edinburgh

Mourinho? Who? Ah, him. Anyway, the aforementioned scenario won’t happen. We will win the Italian Cup at least, to sit alongside our Supercup win. I needn’t worry, nor need the fans do so. Trust me.

Who do you consider Inter’s main title rivals this season?

Billy Redrup, Hackney, London.

There are many strong teams in this league. Obviously we have our cross-city counterparts A.C., as well as Juventus from the north. AS Roma are another massive club, with the facilities and fan-base to challenge. Finally, you have the likes of Palermo, Napoli, Udinese and Fiorentina, who –if not quite matching the very top teams – can have a great influence on the title race by taking valuable points from teams such as ourselves and the other I mentioned.

Although this is your first manager’s job, do you ever seeing yourself taking charge of an English team?

Max, Portsmouth

Why of course, British football is my bread and butter. I feel that it would be beautiful to return and to win the English league, it would be better than breakfast in bed, in fact, or beating that wily minx Sammy (Eto’o) at FIFA!

Last word goes to a fellow Scot, Keiran Mellon, from Glasgow

Where exactly do you see yourself in ten years time, Mr McLaughlin?

That is an excellent question, Mr Mellon. In ten years ten i would like to see myself as a well-respected coach. By then I would like to have the Champions League, the Serie A, and La Liga. Around about that time (ten years) I would like to manage an international team at some point.

For your chance to grill other football stars and icons in upcoming FFT’s email us now.

#################

Match updates soon guys, keep reading! :D ;)

Thanks again, Chris (H)

Last edited:
Cheers guys, currently writing october October update.

looks brill i updated england hope you liek it and great update

Thanks Pete, will be sure to check your story out soon. :)

Nice update mate.I love that interview.(H)

Cheers Paddy, glad you liked it.

Great update mate.

Thanks Max, means a lot. Had no second name for you though in the interview, which is why your just "Max." :p

This is the October to Update, enjoy ;) :D

##################

View attachment 68159

View attachment 68168 vs View attachment 68162

The Derby d’Italia.

Internazionale v Juventus,
1st v 2nd.

McLaughlin v Zaccheroni,
Young pretender v Wise old Grafter.

It’s time.

The whole of Italy is buzzing, with 80,000 fanatical supported set – this evening – to watch the inter-Juventus derby at the Estadio Guiseppe Meazza. This rivalry is one of the fiercest on most passionate in world football. Christened the “Derby d’Italia, it is a monumental date in the Italian sporting calendar. When these giants clash in “The battle of the North”, there’s no holding back....

YouTube- Juventus VS Inter Milan Fight

View attachment 68161

San Siro rocking after illustrious triumph.

View attachment 68169
The home fans went delerious at the end of the game

View attachment 68170
Samuel Eto'o scored. Again

View attachment 68163
Inter vice-captain Esteban Cambiasso celebrated scoring his side's second.

Inter Milan followers were rejoicing in the streets of Milan last night after their hero’s prevailed against a spirited Juventus side. After only 25 minutes, Samuel Eto’o had scored an excellently well-placed shot from just inside the Juventus box after being played through by Goran Pandev. And with just two minutes until the half-time interval, Argentinean midfielder Esteban Cambiasso doubled his team’s lead, sending the home fans into raptures with a thumping drive after Wesley Sniejder’s corner-kick was headed punched out by Juventus shot-stopper Gianluigi Buffon. This prompted a substitution from the visitors, and Allesandro Del Piero replaced Brazilian playmaker Diego on 44 minutes. With his side trailing, Juve boss Alberto Zaccheroni made two changes, replacing left-back Fabian Grosso with veteran defender Fabio Cannavaro, while French forward David Trezeguet took the place of midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic. The game then fizzled out a little, while Inter happy to play keep-ball, and Juventus lacking any real quality or impetus up-top. Following numerous half-chances for both teams, David Trezeguet clawed his side back into the game in the 72nd minute of the 90. Amauri’s shot was blocked by Lucio and the ball fell right at the feet of the 32 year-old, who had no hesitation in slamming it home. Game on. McLaughlin henceforth ordered his side to operate a little more defensively, looking to counter quickly to kill off the game. The home side never had to endure much pressure though, and Sulley Muntari’s last-minute cameo was just that. A great result for Inter now leaves them two points clear of today’s opponents at the top of the Serie A.
Marvellous

View attachment 68160

Mario Masterclass maintains McLaughlin’s Magical Run.

View attachment 68164

Livorno 0-3Inter

Balotelli (25, 53, 70)

Samuel Eto’o Injured (81)

Armando Picchi, Livorno
Attendance: 14950

BBC Sport thoughts: Three nice headers from Balotelli lifted a near-average Inter side to 3 points. Livorno never really threatened and that will need to change if they are hoping to pull away from looks set to become a relegation dog-fight down at the foot of the table.

Champions League Group A

Inter 2-1 Liverpool
Traore (10)
Balotelli (75)

Maxi Rodriguez ( 6 )

Giuseppe Meazza, Milan
Attendance: 81,262.

Manager Chris McLaughlin: “We are very happy with this outing. Two great goals from the boys up-top were just what we needed. We are delighted to now go top of the group.”

Inter 5-0 Catania
Motta (11,50)
Sneijder (21)
Zanetti (59)
Balotelli (87)

San Siro Stadium
Attendance: 56,352

Catania Manager Sinisa Mihajlovic: “What can I say? We were totally outclassed in every signle department, well done Inter.”

Bologna 0-2 Inter

Zanetti (39)
Sneijder (48)

Renato Dal’Arra, Bologna
Attendance: 31,238

ESPN Italia’s post-match comments: “Un'altra vittoria per l'Inter, chi mai li ferma? squadra di Christopher McLaughlin un'occhiata imbattibile al momento, ci vorrà un momumental sconvolto per qualsiasi altra squadra per sloggiare dalla loro il primo posto.”

Udinese 0-2 Inter

Balotelli (1)
Muntari (90)

Friuli, Udine
Attendance: 31,212.

View attachment 68159

Christopher McLaughlin’s October Review:

Well I must say that I’ve been delighted with my team’s performances this month. To win all six games this month has been wonderful, especially as we have played Juventus, Liverpool and Udinese. Hopefully we can continue this form on for weeks to come.

Player of the Month: Mario Balotelli.

View attachment 68164

6 goals in as many games this month is a top-class return from the Italian frontman.​

##############

Author: Thanks for reading everyone, have actually played a few games more than this but will be updating month-by-month from now on, so they will feature in my next post. Thanks again, again. Chris (H)

Well done mate, great read :) Keep up the good work. Great result against Juve aswell

Yet another great update. Loved the interview very much too ^^)

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Also love it how you put videos into it. Well done ! :)