Inter The Light – The Chronicle Of Chris’ Career

Great update pal :). Must have taken you a while to write that up

Author’s notes: Welcome to the September update, enjoy!

##################

View attachment 67334

Champions League Draw is Made.

View attachment 67338 View attachment 67339

The draw for the 2009/2010 Champions League Group Phase was today concluded. In the main highlights of the draw, Italian side Inter Milan have been drawn alongside English giants Liverpool in Group A, while English league champions Manchester United will pit their collective wits against the mighty Real Madrid in Group D, Chelsea play Juventus in Group F. Group G – containing French club Olympique Lyonnais, Fc Bayern of Germany, Belgian participants Standard Liege, completed by Turkish outfit SK Besiktas is being widely billed as this year’s “Group of Death.”
In full the draw is:

Group A

Liverpool (England)

Internazionale (Italy)

Olimpiakos SF (Greece)

Rubin Kazan (Russia)

Group B

FC Barcelona (Spain)

FC Porto (Portugal)

Olympique Marseille (France)

Uneria Urziceni (Romania)

Group C

Sevilla (Spain)

VFB Stuttgart (Germany)

Glasgow Rangers (Scotland)

Maccabi Haifa (Israel)

Group D

Real Madrid CF (Spain)

Manchester United (England)

Fiorentina (Italy)

Levski Sofia (Bulgaria)

Group E

A.C. Milan (Italy)

Atletico Madrid (Spain)

CSKA Moscow (Russia)

Wisla Plock (Poland)

Group F

Chelsea (England)

Juventus (Italy)

VFL Wolfsburg (Germany)

Dinamo Kiev (Ukraine)

Group G

FC Bayern Munich (Germany)

Olympique Lyonnais (France)

Standard Liege (Belgium)

SK Besiktas (Turkey)

Group H

Arsenal (England)

Girondins Bordeaux (France)

AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands)

FC Kobenhaven (Denmark)

A UEFA spokesman said: “Upon the conclusion end of today’s draw, we wish all involved the best of luck.”

View attachment 67335

Milito headed for San Siro exit?

Reports eminating from our sources in Italy can exclusively reveal that outspoken Inter Milan striker Diego Milito is effectively packing his bags to leave the Milan club. The word is that Milito and manager McLaughlin came to blows in a monumental clash during a training session. McLaughlin’s stance is allegedly one of “No man is bigger than the team,” and has put the summer signing from Genoa on the club’s transfer list. AS Monaco, Girondins Brodeaux and Wigan Athletic are all said to have shown an interest in signing the Argentine.

View attachment 67337

Has Milito (above) played his last game for Inter?

Sky sports news can now confirm that Inter Milan striker Diego Milito has left the club – joining French side Girondins Bordeaux on a season-long loan....

View attachment 67336

Here are Inter’s final Transfers:

View attachment 67343

View attachment 67342

After five rounds of matches, Juventus sit proudly atop the Serie A on 13 points, with Inter and Napoli close behind on 10 points each. With 9 points amassed, Palermo sit in fourth. In a peculiar start to the season that has left only 3 teams undefeated so far – leaders Juventus, chasing Palermo and 9th placed Chievo – this season’s highest goalscorer is AS Roma’s Mirko Vucinic, with 6 goals for the capital side in 5 appearances.
League Table:

View attachment 67344

View attachment 67341

BBC Sport – Italy – Serie A – Inter Milan.

Here are Inter Milan’s eight most recent results:

Inter Milan 1-1 Real Madrid

Scorer: Simone Dell’Agnello (54)

Attendance: 56,644

Comments: With 16 players away on International duty, Inter’s back-up starts did well to comeback to draw after falling behind to a Piotr Trochowski penalty in the 21st minute. Manager Chris McLaughlin summed up his depleted side’s performance as “Average.”

Inter 3-1 Genoa

Scorers: Stankovic (13), Eto’o (65), Pandev (77)

Attendance: 58,557

Report: The first-half of the first league of the Serie A this season turned out to be a dull affair, the single moment of real quality being a Dejan Stankovic shot from 25 yards out which curled into the top corner. After the break, both sides came out looking a lot hungrier for success, each going close before Samuel Eto’o hit the woodwork for the home team in the 49th minute. It all seemed to fizzle out again until a sublime Cambiasso pass following an incisive Inter breakaway threaded through Eto’o, and the Cameroonian made no mistake this time around; rattling the ball past the stranded Marco Amelia. Macendonian playmaker Goran Pandev then doubled his team’s advantage with a beautiful solo run and from 20 yards. There was still Andrea Caracciolo to grab a stylish consolation goal in the 89th minute – volleying the ball home from just inside the 18-yard box.

Inter 3-0 Parma

Scorers: Sneijder (36, 80), Stankovic (57)
Attendance: 60,219

Comments: Not even a striking front line of Alberto Paloschi and Hernan Crespo could trouble Inter ‘keeper Julio Cesar on a perfect day for the Nerrazzuri. All three goals were well deserved and were of genuine class.

Roma 2-2 Inter
Scorers: Stankovic (39), Balotelli (52)
Attendance: 61,360

Reports: This feisty clash was labelled “an instant classic” by some journalists, with neither side willing to admit defeat, nor stop attacking. This match had everything: goals, red cards, bookings, missed penalties (one each, in fact), a great atmosphere and lots of drama. It all began in the 17th minute as Mirko Vucinic collected the ball after latching on to a through ball from midfield captain Daniele De Rossi, rounded Julio Cesar and put the ball in the net, sending the home support into raptures. It wasn’t long before Inter hit back – 19 minutes to be precise – through Dejan Stankovic. The Serbian continued has excellent goalscoring form of late with a placed shot from the edge of the area. With only 4 minutes to go before half-time the Roma fans were on their feet again, celebrating Julio Baptista’s thumping free-kick which bulleted past the wall and nearly burst the net. Just 3 minutes after the break, Inter had a penalty after Eto’o was brought down by ‘keeper Sergio. Up-stepped half-time substitute Mario Balotelli – only to see his curling penalty smothered by his Brazilian opponent. The Italian forward soon made up for his error though, heading in Maicon’s looping cross from the right-hand side to pull his team level for a second time. In the 73rd minute it was Inter’s turn to give away a penalty: as strong defender Lucio tripped Francesco Totti – copping a yellow card in the process. Having watched the missed spot-kick just 20 minutes before, David Pizarro looked calm and collected as he prepared to shoot, but Julio Cesar was not to be outdone by his fellow countryman in the other goals and turned the weak kick behind for a corner. As the final whistle sounded, both sets of fans were in agreement that neither team deserved to lose.

EUFA Champions League Group A

Rubin Kazan 0-2 Inter

Scorers: Lacina Traore (pen79), Mario Balotelli (pen90+2)

Attendance: 30, 264

Manager Chris McLaughlin: I was very pleased with the effort the players gave today. Rubin showed that they are a very tough unit to break down – which was evident as we required to late penalties to win the game.

Palermo 2-1 Inter

Scorer: Balotelli (38)

Attendance 34,597

BBC comments: A Mario Balotelli header in between two Fabrizio Miccoli wonder-goals wasn’t enough to salvage anything out of this match for Inter, with manager Chris McLaughlin citing “continental jetlag” as a reason for his side’s lethargic showing.

Bari 1-3 Inter

Scorers: O.G. – Castillo (25), Motta (28, 66)

Attendance: 40,542

Comments: A much better performance from the Nerrazurri saw them take all 3 points, after originally falling behind to Sergio Almiron strike in the 10th minute.

EUFA Champions League Group A

Inter 1-1 Olympiakos SF

Scorer: Pandev (5)

Atendance: 63,076

McLaughlin: We had a very bright start to the match – Goran doing well to open the scoring early on – but we really failed to capitalise on our advantage and that has left us all very disappointed, have conceded the equaliser with only 15 minutes to go.

#####################

Author: Thanks for following guys, I really appreciate it. ;) (H) : )

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Sorting Attachments atm.................

Last edited:
Diego Milito is at Bordeaux :( what happened? That is a tough group mate, but i have no doubt you will do well :)

Last edited:
Milito's gone :O. Tough group, hope you do well (H)

Great layout and wish you all the best but why did you sell Milito ?? Very important first team player for me tho ... :S Anyways great and easily readable story so far ;)

Great layout and wish you all the best but why did you sell Milito ?? Very important first team player for me tho ... :S Anyways great and easily readable story so far ;)

He had a training-ground bust up with myself over what colour of bib he had to wear. IRL, a mystery fellow FM-baser encouraged me to add a twist to the story.....

Thanks for following :)

Tough group . Although I'm confident you will do well . Nice layout and thought the bust up was funny , kind of similar to Ballotelli in real life .

Last edited:
Tough group . Although I'm confident you will do well . Nice layout and thought the bust up was funny , kind of similar to Ballotelli in real life .

Cheers Keiran, it is quite tough I admit. And yeah, it was between Balotelli or Milito, and Milito has really under-performed for me, plus he's thirty - and I :wub: Mario.

Was hoping to update tonight guys, but had a game (won 17-1 I had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside and hit the bar.) Hopefully I can update tomorrow, probably in the evening.

Strong group.But I think you give advice and advance to the 1/16 in Champions League.Good luck.:p

Strong group.But I think you give advice and advance to the 1/16 in Champions League.Good luck.:p

Thanks Paddy, hopefully I can make the semis at least.

Sorry updates have been few and far between the last couple of days, more as soon as I can.... (H)