I think with Board Buying if your chairman has a good Business attribute he does better in negotiations

I'm at Swindon, end of the first season, and the board have been excellent to me. I won League 1, and during that first season they agreed to buy the stadium from its owners, and increase the transfer budget made available to me. However, they gave me 0 transfer budget for the new season! which I was very annoyed about. Since then, I have asked that they could increase transfer budget percentage and the wage budget, and both were accepted. Still 0 transfer budget though... My club may be ever so slightly sliding into debt, despite new kit sponsorships that were triple what they were in the first season.

I feel so proud... played 122 hours of fm11 and i have finally got the board to buy me a player! haha

James coppinger brought for 1.6million in my ipswich save :)

Tip Guys: When you search for a player (clicking filter at top, then click edit) there is a samll tixk box under the "specify conditions part" tick the " ask assistant manager to filter out unrealistic targets" box. Then when you search for players when you don't have enough transfer budget, you are more likely to have the board accept your plee for more money. :)

Have noticed when the board buy you players its so unrealistic!

Sonogo 11million.. cletic couldnt pay that

[IMDB]Fabregas 134million.. man city could pay that but never would!
[/IMDB]

I dont think fab wud leave arsenal except only for barca and i dont even think citeh wud be that ****** stupid!

Sorry for the bump, didnt wanna make a new thread, but how exactly do you get the board to sign someone for you, i dont even know how to ask them.

A button comes up on the news story if you have had a bid rejected or if the other club wants more than you have in your transfer budget, i think. You then speak to the board and tell them why you think that particular player should be signed. Sometimes they try and sometimes they dont. But if they succeed or fail to sign the player you lose all your budget in my experiences. I've tried it once and the board said they would try but it never happened and i had to spend the rest if the season without a transfer budget!

When managing Blackpool, I asked the board to buy me a right back I think it was, some French dude.
Well they buy him for at least 4 times the money I'd have payed for him as I was thinking of him as a replacement and a prospect for the future as my current right back was retiring at the time. With my luck obviously the lad just didn't gel in, he played ****, constantly. I tried resting him and then play him again but still he played ****. The team's worst performer every week so soon enough I started reading in the board confidence update monthly that the fans and the board regarded him as a bad piece of business haha

When i was at Man. City i asked the board to get me Huntelaar, as i already spent most of my budget.. They granted the request and signed him for £220 million. Never had my requested granted since though.

When i was at Man. City i asked the board to get me Huntelaar, as i already spent most of my budget.. They granted the request and signed him for £220 million. Never had my requested granted since though.

I just don't believe this could happen, sorry.

Ya.. I got kindda suprised to.. I can get a screenshot if you want ^^

I usually have very big problems with interacting with the board for money for regular transfers or even wage budget money...

The biggest transfer the board did for me was buying Lavezzi when I played with Barça for 19 mio

Roma board agreed to buy Donovan for me. Everything got done and settled then he failed his medical.

Berlusconi bought me Ibrahim Afellay.

Board works fine with me.

Sorry for the bump, didnt wanna make a new thread, but how exactly do you get the board to sign someone for you, i dont even know how to ask them.

Go into make offer screen then there should be a "interact with board" option on the upper right side, then it will take you into the boardroom request where you talk to them about buying the player

Go into make offer screen then there should be a "interact with board" option on the upper right side, then it will take you into the boardroom request where you talk to them about buying the player

When i go into the make an offer screen all i have in the top right is interaction > talk to press and a little lower down is budget adjustment, can anybody help please.