Internationals (ENG v EGY)

• Thread starter Thread starter matranti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 3K
Young wasn't even in the squad.
Milner will probably come on at half time.

Going to do a quick tactical overview of this -

England's fullbacks aren't doing their job. Baines is meant to be playing far more aggressively to provide the width on the left - he isn't doing that. Brown is meant to be stepping up into midfield with the ball to draw a man to him - he isn't doing that.

Walcott is being pushed too far back far too often. He should be playing behind the wingback to force the wingback to stop providing width to the Egyptian midfield. He isn't doing it.

Gerrard, Rooney and Defoe seem to be supposed to rotate the left wing duty. They're not doing it. Defoe isn't going wide when both Gerrard and Rooney are inside.

As a result, Egypt aren't being stretched out wide and can happily ping the ball around in midfield where they outman England. I'd pull off Defoe and just put on a genuine left winger. The fullback problem is a bit more difficult because the two out there are apparantly the best in England available.

Egypt deserve it so far.
Lampard is playing like a donkey, Gerrard is doing nothing. In fact, the whole team looks poor with the exception of Rooney who looks like the only one trying.

I don't rate Walcott at all. As someone said above, all he has is pace.
We should bring on Milner for Walcott, and give it 10 minutes in the second half then bring on C.Cole for Defoe.

I always said that Capello would pick Upson, i don't know why though. He isn't good enough to be our 3rd choice centre half.

Joe Hart and James Milner must wonder what they have to do to get in. I said this before the game, and Milner hasn't even come on at HT. Keep it up Capello, the worse England do the better.

I think Warnock should have been picked ahead of Baines

I definitley think were better of with 5 across the middle ie:

Milner/J Cole/Downing - Gerrard - Barry - Lampard/Milner - Phillips/Lennon/Walcott

Now i know Cole and Lennon arent there but with barry in Def Mid, Lampard can play box to box and Gerrard can play behind rooney

Hopefully Johnson and A Cole are back for world cup and need someone like Carragher to play alongside Terry in absence of Ferdinand, he is experienced and although not quick is one of the best postiional defenders ive seen ever

Crouch should start every game in the World Cup if we want to win 37 Caps 19 Goals

Edit: 37 Caps 20 Goals

Last edited:
well in crouch and come on SWP, show capello what your made off

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Crouch should start every game in the World Cup if we want to win 37 Caps 19 Goals

not knocking him, however, im sure 9 or 10 of those goals came in warm up matches prior to last world cup against average teams.

Warnock should be ahead of Baines,not based on this game,but he's far better

Egypt really got my hopes up, Now im upset.
I think itll be 3-1 to England, Rooney and Lampard.

took milner less than 2 mins to make the difference. hope Capello is paying attention

lol @ goalkeeping. Trying to be to theatrical like most African goalkeepers, it's about saving not getting a 10/10 from Arleene Phillips for doing so.

Awful keeping :S

I won't moan though :D

SWP FTW!

CROUCH! 2 goals agaisnt another mediocre team means he must be world class...

maybe be mediocre but has rescued England tonight. Just like Rooney has for Utd so many times this season. ;)

CROUCH! 2 goals agaisnt another mediocre team means he must be world class...

2 goals against a team Rooney and Defo both couldn't score against and you can hardly call Egypt mediocre.

i was just poking a bit of fun, but he ahs scored quite a few goals against poor sides. you cant do any more than score when you play though

Gerrard and Lampard should bench againsg USA tbh
Milner and Carrick to start!

Egypt are a lot better than a lot of people thought. A team like that should be at the WC.

carrick Made a massive difference. lampard was very poor tonite

Back