Internationals (ENG v EGY)

• Thread starter Thread starter matranti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 3K
Walcott's problem tonight was that he couldn't adjust to having space behind the wing back in which to operate. He was positioning himself far too deep and so being easily taken out of the game by the wingback, while not keeping the wingback pinned back which then had the knock on effect of Brown taking a deeper position and not being able to help keep possession in midfield. You could make a case that Brown should be experienced enough to push Walcott forward himself, which is one of the reasons why I think Brown is inadequate at this level.

The first goal actually came from Walcott finally pushing the wingback far enough back and Brown finally carrying the ball forward far enough to draw one of the midfield players across to cover him. This opened up the space for England's midfield in between the Egyptian defensive line and their midfield line.

Walcott's young and he's not often going to be facing wing backs so he's got time to actually convince himself to follow the team plan rather than reverting to the instincts he's obviously got from playing against a modern 4 man defensive line.

this will sound biased but it take micah richards over brown, some of his runs this year have been fantastic, hes always supporting swp, bellamy or even johnson when we do the swap wings tactic

We came back well, and for the people that slated theo walcott, i've always had a soft-spot for him cos he used to go to a school like 2 mins away from me and i used to see him sometimes before he burst onto the scene :D

well okay i am egyptian and was really proud of my team ... we played an open match and didnt just defend against a way bigger team like england plus okay our keeper had his flaws but saved like 6 goals too plus its like one of his worst days i mean on his better days he would have saved SWP shot and well clearly the third goal was offside ...plus our defence wasnt that good this time usually way better than this...only player on his form was zidan who played pretty good just lacked support by his mates... but for the people who think we are similar to the algerian style of play just watch how they play against u on the WC plus we beat them on the african cup of nations 4-0 and dominated from start to end so should be an easy match for you....altho you need back ASAP ashley cole, johnson and ferdinand if gonna have any hope going past last 8...

Decent second half performance crouch was brilliant when he came on. Lamps does look a little off pace and maybie should be on the bench insted. No mentions for jt on here but i thought handled himself well. Milner was lively also was swp, theo is miles off the pace at the moment.

Back