Ireland close to Newcastle loan

Oh I didnt realise players who stopped being good years ago were still worth getting! My bad, time to ready the £20m bid for Michael Owen and Mark Viduka then! No? Ireland ftl.

That's why it's a loan mate, if he doesn't perform he'll hit the road, but if he does perform he can be a rather interesting player.

Your talking about ireland as if he is mid 30s, He is what 24 years old..? a Very talented player, He was the best player at city when 21 ffs. You toons really do expect a lot, He is a creative, driving midfield who in the right circumstances is good enough for a club bigger then yours...

I Lol'd when you called Ireland good years ago, then went out about quality such as SWP. WHo has had a good game for 12 months now...? Ireland is 24 and a very good player. Be Happy with what he will bring to your team.

LOL I dont expect much from the toon but I expect a **** of a lot better than Ireland. He *WAS* a creative driving midfield player, and 'in the right circumstances'!??!?!?!?! I'm good enough for England 'in the right circumcstances'.

SWP > Ireland, massive lol at you if you even try to counter that. SWP is fast, can score from the right and play passes in. I dont remember Ireland doing **** all in the last 3/4 years.

OK ben, let me ask you this. How the **** do you know that? Are you his physio? His personal trainer? his stalker? No!? you just read sky sports!??! Not being a star at city isn't a problem, its being **** and not being a star. Joe Hart wasnt bought in as a star. Ireland lost his place becauase he began performing terribly. I watched it happen, my mum is a mad MC fan and I see almost as much MC news as I do NUFC - the mans ****. If he had quality he would of shown it at Aston Villa - dont give me this bollocks about not fitting in, you can not fit in with people very well but still show quality when you're on the ball, the man didnt.

Point 2: If he didnt fit in at Aston Villa - what the **** is he doing coming to our tightly knit crew?

Barton to knock him or Ashley the **** out within a week.

You have something wrong with you.

LOL I dont expect much from the toon but I expect a **** of a lot better than Ireland. He *WAS* a creative driving midfield player, and 'in the right circumstances'!??!?!?!?! I'm good enough for England 'in the right circumcstances'.

SWP > Ireland, massive lol at you if you even try to counter that. SWP is fast, can score from the right and play passes in. I dont remember Ireland doing **** all in the last 3/4 years.

SWP is fast... that's about it. he goes on runs and loses the ball easily, can't cross to save his life. He has a decent shot on him but he really is a **** player.
Ireland > SWP any day

He is 24 not a washed up 35 year old... How stupid are you..? He was City player of the year only 3 years ago... You know the year you where fighting off relelgation..? ( yeah i went there)

SWP is quick, struggling for confidence and no side wants too touche him... If you really think Ireland is a bad player, You need to check in to a mental hospital.

How ever much I like playing the 'let's write people off before they even kick a ball for us' game, I think it's pretty much a win win situation for us.

He's only on loan, so if he plays ****, we don't sign him permanently, if he's good, then we do. Easy huh.

. I dont remember Ireland doing **** all in the last 3/4 years.

He was City's player of the year back then.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdRThyK4G7k&feature=related"]YouTube - Tribute to Stephen Ireland (Superman)[/ame]

How ever much I like playing the 'let's write people off before they even kick a ball for us' game, I think it's pretty much a win win situation for us.

He's only on loan, so if he plays ****, we don't sign him permanently, if he's good, then we do. Easy huh.

This on so many levels. He is on loan, and was a terrific player. If he fits it then he will be terrific, if not then you can just send him back. Win, win.

He is 24 not a washed up 35 year old... How stupid are you..? He was City player of the year only 3 years ago... You know the year you where fighting off relelgation..? ( yeah i went there)

SWP is quick, struggling for confidence and no side wants too touche him... If you really think Ireland is a bad player, You need to check in to a mental hospital.

ahahahaha few things. Washed up? never typed by me. How stupid am I? He was city player of the year 3 years ago. Wait was that bit right there? 3 years ago? Wow that was a long time ago. Why bring in a player who has literally redefined the term 'sweet **** all' in the past 2/3 years, moved club to sort his career out, CONTINUED DOING SWEET **** ALL, and now we decide to bring him to the toon? to help out our midfield? our midfield which is by far the best part of our squad and probably doesnt need immediate looking at? Yehh Pardew quality. ***.

Lack of quality aside, the man has also shown himself to be a complete ******* several times. Not happy with this transfer, quote me - it wont work. He'll **** off after his loan, and not a single toon fan will miss him.

so much fail in one post *facepalm*

you dont lose your creativity. you can lose you strength, speed and stanima but no doubt he can still see a pass as good if not better than a few years ago (see scholes)

Has SWP played in the last year? He is 6/7th choice at city and is poor

3 years ago Ireland was voted city's player of the year and was onr of the best in the prem, if you dont remember that you must not of watched football at the time :S

It's gonna be hilarious laughing at tubby is it turns out to be a succesful loan spell..

Ignoring Nemesis above me ^

Please please please do laugh at me if he turns out win. Obviously I'd get over it if he fires toon up the table, but I am actively saying that won't happen! By the time he's gotten used to playing in the EPL again, it'll be game 38 and he'll go collect paycheques for doing **** all somewhere else. Debate all you like, when he leaves Newcastle as a failure, you better believe me I'm bumping the **** out of this thread and you can all suck my metaphorical balls.

ahahahaha few things. Washed up? never typed by me. How stupid am I? He was city player of the year 3 years ago. Wait was that bit right there? 3 years ago? Wow that was a long time ago. Why bring in a player who has literally redefined the term 'sweet **** all' in the past 2/3 years, moved club to sort his career out, CONTINUED DOING SWEET **** ALL, and now we decide to bring him to the toon? to help out our midfield? our midfield which is by far the best part of our squad and probably doesnt need immediate looking at? Yehh Pardew quality. ***.

Lack of quality aside, the man has also shown himself to be a complete ******* several times. Not happy with this transfer, quote me - it wont work. He'll **** off after his loan, and not a single toon fan will miss him.
you said 3/4 year now your changing your mind because you where wrong?

He moved because he wasnt getting a chance at City just as Milner who went the other way isnt know.

No one is saying he didnt fail at Villa, yes he sucked because he didnt like it there and didnt the the system. No im not his physio and the other **** you said earlier but a dead cat could see he wasnt happy at villa.

As Dunc said yous have nothing to lose, and ability wise he is as good as your best players easily.

He was ******* squeezed out by the millions of pounds worth of players signed by city.. That isnt his fault, I soley believe if he played for a pro longed period of timed and was allowed to learn through mistake, he would be a top class footballer right now. Instead he was pressured by the immediate need for success at City( Kinda like richards) through the owners cash being thrown around. He moved clubs to try and start again, he didnt fit in for whatever reason, Maybe O'neil leaving didnt help..?

He is young he makes mistakes, Have you never made a mistake... Are you perfect, clearly not.

Debate all you like, when he leaves Newcastle as a failure, you better believe me I'm bumping the **** out of this thread and you can all suck my metaphorical balls.

Blatantly closing this before then haha! :p

you said 3/4 year now your changing your mind because you where wrong?

He moved because he wasnt getting a chance at City just as Milner who went the other way isnt know.

No one is saying he didnt fail at Villa, yes he sucked because he didnt like it there and didnt the the system. No im not his physio and the other **** you said earlier but a dead cat could see he wasnt happy at villa.

As Dunc said yous have nothing to lose, and ability wise he is as good as your best players easily.

oook calm down lad. 3/4 and 2/3 keeps happening because its right at the start of 2011. It depends whether you'd say 2007-jan 2011 is 3 years or if you just round up to 4 or whatever. I added 2/3 to cool you trippers down because there's a lot of dicks in Stephen Ireland's untalented *** in this thread so I just tried to neutralise some people by giving him a year of false quality.

Milner is getting played at MC, but he hasn't been amazing so he lost his place. Sounds familiar (look up this guy, he's called Stephen Ireland, happened to him). A dead cat (whilst a weird analogy) COULD see his was unhappy at villa - thing is I never claimed he was happy at Villa? Nobody would. Im just saying imo, he's ****.

Yeh we have nothing to lose (except we're probably paying a percentage of his wages which is a bit of a waste but meh), I'm simply saying I dont rate him, I think he lost it years ago and RE: Shay Given saying he's one of our best players individually - no. In their position, I'd say Barton, Carroll, Ben Arfa and Coloccini are better than Ireland is in his.

Are you perfect, clearly not.

ooh that was nearly a burn! one day

Last edited:
Good signing imo, quality wise Ireland is up there with the best of Newcastle

Ireland is a great player, it's just a team like Villa don't understand how to play him.. I'm sure Newcastle can