AdamStott

Reaction score
ive seen gabby agbonlahor play for aston villa and england many of times and ive always been looking out for his super speed and to be honest ive not really seem him produce this lightning pace. in the game he has 20 pace and acceleration, but in irl i think players such as theo walcott, aaron lennon, antonio valencia and so on are faster than him, and there pace in the game is only 17-19. just wanted to know other peoples opinion on this, or whether its just me being a bit picky :p

Na i think Gabby is really pacey, but your right, he does not show it that often and i dont think he deserves a 20?

Notice that in matches he likes to play his back to goal.

Private chat - Preferred moves - I'd like you stop playing with your back to goal.

Do it Gerard!

He was timed the fastest player in England last year. Can't remember the details though

Gabby has no pace! He plods along like a tortoise.

i thinks walcott is fast too.

No ****..

Anyway, yes he is incredibly quick but he's also incredibly strong for someone his height. He tends to play with his back to goal due to the pace of the wingers in the side so he doesn't have to get in behind the defense.

He's amazingly fast, don't be deceived.

Hmm he is fast but not faster than walcott, i dont think. he probably plays with his back to goal mostly when played on his on with wingers. saw an article recently about him bulking up and losing a little pace. was faster when he burst on the scene imo.

Nedum Onuoha v Agbonlahor v Walcott in straight line would be interesting.

I might try a game where I have walcott, onuouha, armand traore and Agbonlahorin the same squad need to find others midfielders and cb with 15 + pace as well

Last edited:
Nedum Onuoha v Agbonlahor v Walcott in straight line would be interesting

Onouha is quick but not as quick as them I don't think...

Walcott would walk it in a straight line IMO, had sprint training as a child and grew up doing Athletics before turning his attention to football.

Walcott's 100M time is 10.30 so he's incredibly fast.

Onouha is quick but not as quick as them I don't think...

Walcott would walk it in a straight line IMO, had sprint training as a child and grew up doing Athletics before turning his attention to football.

Walcott's 100M time is 10.30 so he's incredibly fast.

That's around the same as Caniggia in his good times, and that guy was fast. Had seen Walcott running but I wouldn't have thought he was that fast. Very impressive.

As for Agbonlahor, hadn't seen him run all that much, but I think he's pretty **** fast.

Onuoha's best 11.05 was his best jr time so he may be quicker now (or slower depending on how much he's bulked up) so not that far off but 10.3 from walcott is Olympic speed without really being dedicated to it. He'd probably be a medallist if he had chosen track instead

This has been argued on the SI forums many times, apparently Gabby's time was fater than that of Walcott, either way considering the difference in game is 1 point and acceleration and pace its minimal

This has been argued on the SI forums many times, apparently Gabby's time was fater than that of Walcott, either way considering the difference in game is 1 point and acceleration and pace its minimal

Faster than 10.30? Very hard to believe...

is there anywhere to see the 100m sprint times for Premiership players? Would be interesting to see.

I reckon Walcott's faster than Gabby.

Maybe not a year ago, but I think he is now. Gabby's bulked up, and is now able to use his awesome pace to better effect.

Cristina is faster than Wallcot, but Agbonlahor is God Of Speed. Obertan is very pacy. Belive or not, Rooney is very fast too :) Oh, Armand Traore ?