Dabbifeidi

Reaction score
Setting your corners to Far post and putting a big player with jumping and heading high, is it the new corner bug or just a good corner tactic?

Jay DeMerit scored 22 goals for me(Charlton) and I think at least 15 from corners

Its not a bug, stoke do it
If you put the rest of your team around the keeper....then thats a cheat but no its not a bug to do what you do XD
Dont think its a bug mate I think its the point of corners, to put it on someones head and hope they score

Last edited:
Its not a bug, its just common sense, send the ball to the player with best height, heading and jumping

Every team does, its legit

I don't think it's a bug, but I got at least a goal per game from Dzeko and Kjaer off corners sent far.

Setting your corners to Far post and putting a big player with jumping and heading high, is it the new corner bug or just a good corner tactic?

Jay DeMerit scored 22 goals for me(Charlton) and I think at least 15 from corners

Wait, isn't that the default corner setting?

When my defender scored more than 10 a season from corners I change my corner settings immediately, just feels unrealistic tbh.

There are far too many goals from corners in the game in my opinion anyway. My centre backs have scored hatricks from these corner settings, takes a lot of realism out of the game.

It's true that there are too many goals from corners. I played with barça and pique scored 14 goals ( I think 12 of them by free kick or corner) and barça players aren't the best headers. Miranda (CB) from Sao Paulo was my best goal scorer as a defender. I didn't understand that.

My best (and tallest) defender seemed to score A LOT from dead-ball situations, via a header (sometimes by climbing above another defender, sometimes with a tap in header). It was beginning to get silly (he was scoring HATTRICKS). At first, I thought I just had an awesome defender who was too good for the pathetic defenses of the SPL, but my little bro was playing FM as Real Madrid and Pepe scored two hattricks from corners, which is grossly unrealistic imo. There's a REASON that it's virtually unheard of for a defender to score three goals in one game. I can accept a defender scoring in consecutive games (William Gallas, Arsenal?) but hattricks!? Come on! Is it just me or does it only seem to be the human controlled team that scores from so many corners? I RARELY conceed from corners.............

I personally cannot bring myself to alter this process though, as a goal is a goal lol.

Maaaan, Im using Sunderland, and shawcross has 9 goals in 5 games, using attack far post, incredible, so I don't really think its a cheat.

i use this tactic and my defender just heads over the bar! must just be me by the sounds of it

Maaaan, Im using Sunderland, and shawcross has 9 goals in 5 games, using attack far post, incredible, so I don't really think its a cheat.

It's "incredible" (by definition, defying credibility) and Shawcross has 9 goals in 5 games... so you DON'T think it's a cheat?

This is definitely a bug, and in my eyes using it is cheating.

How do others set their corners up in a balanced way? I usually did mine like this, but it feels far too unrealistic so I've just left it all on default for now.

How do others set their corners up in a balanced way? I usually did mine like this, but it feels far too unrealistic so I've just left it all on default for now.

Set the delivery to mixed as to not really exploit anything.

Set the delivery to mixed as to not really exploit anything.

That just seems so.. bland. I wish they'd fix it so you could use a regular tactic without feeling like a cheat. :S