• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 10K

is rooney the best striker in world football today

• Total voters

ianhall65

Fake Mod
Reaction score
searched for a thread and couldn't find one the question i would like to ask is wayne rooney the best striker in the world today i will put a poll up i think it is torres or villa

in a word, yes. the guys work levels, all round play is just second to none. NO ONE can match him. if he doesnt win world player of the year for this season, it will be a fast!

Honesly, Rooney is a great player but he isn't the best striker in the world. He is having a wonderful season but in order to be the best, he has to keep this season going for more than just one fantastic season, consistency is a wonderful thing for goals...

On current form and statisically, I'd say yes.

Yes Yes and Yes again.

Tho if it wasnt for Valencia this season rooney wouldnt have half the goals hes scored already hes a beast

Ever? No
But on topic this season? yes
In the world? Hes definitely up there, as gatid said valencia is supplying him 24/7 tho

Easily in the top 2/3 in the world and in my opinion he is the best.

You can only really decide who is the best striker in the world right now based on this season.

He is miles better than quite a few of the strikers you said in the other thread were much better than him.:$

fair enough some the other players i said arent as good as wayne atm but torres drogba and villa are as good and better

Drogba > Rooney IMO.

Villa has been absolute **** this season compared to what he has been, but yeah, Drogba and Rooney are pretty much at the same level today.

If you had both Drogba and Rooney in the same team, you'd rip any team's defense up no problem.

Yes he is the best.... He has always ben the best he was only shadowd by that moron ronaldo

I said yes i love watching rooney for england but i wouldnt swap him for drogba only because i feel drogba suites us more than what rooney could. Drogba's physical presence is greater but rooneys workrate is immense.

Overall I'd rate Drogba above Rooney, but this season; Rooney all the way unfortunately.

drogba better than rooney? *****

Don't be a moron. You think that because Rooney has had a brilliant season that automatically makes him better than one of the most consistent strikers in the Premier League?

If you have to compare them over several seasons, which is how you should when comparing the best strikers in the world, then Drogba has clearly been the better striker.

Why are people never objective? It's frustrating.

Overall I'd rate Drogba above Rooney, but this season; Rooney all the way unfortunately.

Don't be a moron. You think that because Rooney has had a brilliant season that automatically makes him better than one of the most consistent strikers in the Premier League?

If you have to compare them over several seasons, which is how you should when comparing the best strikers in the world, then Drogba has clearly been the better striker.

Why are people never objective? It's frustrating.

moron? i do believe rooney scored more goals last season as well? and rooney does more than score goals so sorry MORON but get your facts right before trying to prove other people wrong. thank you

moron? i do believe rooney scored more goals last season as well? and rooney does more than score goals so sorry MORON but get your facts right before trying to prove other people wrong. thank you

Right, first of all I apologise for calling you a moron, I was just stunned by your response. It seemed like you didn't recognise Drogba as a good striker at all.

Either way, last season Drogba scored less goals in the EPL than Rooney, but he had less appearances. Drogba however scored more goals in Europe and cup competitions.

The issue with Drogba is that he is injured more than Rooney. You could argue that that makes Rooney a better striker as he is less injury-prone (or perhaps Drogba has been unlucky), but I just checked up their overall records for 2004/05 to 2009/10, and Drogba's record for his entire time at Chelsea is an impressive 1 goal in 2.08 games. Rooney's is 1 goal in 2.2 games overall, which to be fair, is higher than I thought it was, but is still less than Drogba's.

Now, if you want to look back into their past clubs, Drogba's record at Marseilles for example is 32 goals in 55 games, which is a staggering 1 goal in 1.7 games played. Now of course if you want to compare that to Rooney's record at Everton, you could argue it is unfair as Rooney was younger and less experienced, so I'll go back another club with Drogba... Guingamp. Here, he scored 24 goals in 50 appearances for the club, whereas Rooney scored 17 goals in 77 appearances. Of course then you get the argument that Drogba scored those goals in a (no offense to anyone here) 'lower standard of league', which I would agree with you about... however I would then argue back that do you not think that without the amount of deliveries he receives from Manchester United players (specifically Antonio Valenia this season), that he would have scored as many goals as he has?

So to summarise; Rooney's current season has been superb and arguably his form is better than Drogba's at the moment. Overall though; Drogba is a more accomplished, and capable striker and I stand by that.

Billy Redrup said:
Right, first of all I apologise for calling you a moron, I was just stunned by your response. It seemed like you didn't recognise Drogba as a good striker at all.

Either way, last season Drogba scored less goals in the EPL than Rooney, but he had less appearances. Drogba however scored more goals in Europe and cup competitions.

The issue with Drogba is that he is injured more than Rooney. You could argue that that makes Rooney a better striker as he is less injury-prone (or perhaps Drogba has been unlucky), but I just checked up their overall records for 2004/05 to 2009/10, and Drogba's record for his entire time at Chelsea is an impressive 1 goal in 2.08 games. Rooney's is 1 goal in 2.2 games overall, which to be fair, is higher than I thought it was, but is still less than Drogba's.

Now, if you want to look back into their past clubs, Drogba's record at Marseilles for example is 32 goals in 55 games, which is a staggering 1 goal in 1.7 games played. Now of course if you want to compare that to Rooney's record at Everton, you could argue it is unfair as Rooney was younger and less experienced, so I'll go back another club with Drogba... Guingamp. At this club, he scored 24 goals in 50 appearances for the club, whereas Rooney scored 17 goals in 77 appearances. Of course then you get the argument that Drogba scored those goals in a (no offense to anyone here) 'lower standard of league', which I would agree with you about... however I would then argue back that do you not think that without the amount of deliveries he receives from Manchester United players (specifically Antonio Valenia this season), that he would have scored as many goals as he has?

So to summarise; Rooney's current season has been superb and arguably his form is better than Drogba's at the moment. Overall though; Drogba is a more accomplished, and capable striker and I stand by that.

That has summed it up perfectly. Case closed. If I wasn't in my phone, I'd like that but I can't.. So "Like".

Now, if you want to look back into their past clubs, Drogba's record at Marseilles for example is 32 goals in 55 games, which is a staggering 1 goal in 1.7 games played. Now of course if you want to compare that to Rooney's record at Everton, you could argue it is unfair as Rooney was younger and less experienced, so I'll go back another club with Drogba... Guingamp. Here, he scored 24 goals in 50 appearances for the club, whereas Rooney scored 17 goals in 77 appearances. Of course then you get the argument that Drogba scored those goals in a (no offense to anyone here) 'lower standard of league', which I would agree with you about... however I would then argue back that do you not think that without the amount of deliveries he receives from Manchester United players (specifically Antonio Valenia this season), that he would have scored as many goals as he has?

i here what your sayin but i stand by Rooney being the better player. lets compare something interesting. Drogba is 31 years old, played 301 top flight games and scored 125. Rooney is 24, played 251 and scored 103. yes Drogba has scored more, but he has always played more games than Rooney and is a good 7 years older. Drogba IMO has a few years left in him and has only been on the "scene" for a few years at Chelsea and that french club where as Rooney made a blast at 16 years old on the biggest and best league in the world. i stand by my views, im not doubting Drogba is a good player (as much as i hate the diving *****) but Rooney is a lot better in my opionion.

Back