is rooney the best striker

• Thread starter Thread starter ianhall65
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 10K

is rooney the best striker in world football today

• Total voters
well said jacko, i totally agree, raul is a mile better to begin but lets not go there, i seriously think that every striker in the world is different, so i will not cast a vote at this point

I thought you were gonna say David Villa and then you said Raul :O

Rooney is a much more complete player in other area's of the field than the likes of Drogba and Torres, he brings other players into the game and until this season hasn't played off the last defender, you could argue that he has never been an out and out striker until this season.

for me theres no question, Wayne Rooney, he has no weakness, can only judge who is best atm by this season and theres been no stopping Rooney this season

Drogba and Rooney are not the same kind of strikers IMO.Rooney comes deep to get the ball,defends,sets up balls forward and it's your typical all-round hard-working striker.Has had a fantastic season and is carrying United on his shoulders towards the title.

For Drogba,his ability to use his strength,aerial ability and shooting power makes him deadly on the ball and has also had a fantastic season in the Chelsea colours.Him,alongside Drogba,have been lethal in Ancelotti's race towards winning his first title in England.I don't think you can really compare the two as well as you could.

Rooney:
This season = Yes
Overall = No

Drogba:
This season: Yes
Overall = Half and half IMO

But,between the two,I couldn't really decide that easily,even being a United fan it's hard.

Last edited:
If Van Persie would have stayed fit all season he would have been up there with Rooney because before he got injured he was scoreing for fun at one stage

If Van Persie would have stayed fit all season he would have been up there with Rooney because before he got injured he was scoreing for fun at one stage
Can't really say that to be honest, we're dealing with facts here, not if's and but's.

I've already told you; theres no need for debate, the best forward is EMILE HESKEY!!!

Villa Fans:

"Heskey's sh** m'lord Heskeys Sh**!"

got to be Drogba. Fantastic this season

bias

Rooney is up there for sure. He is class in so many areas and a lot of other strikers dont have that. Torres is a fantastic player (incredible at times) but please he is not the best in the world. He is ridiculously injury prone and has to be wrapped up in cotton wool. Compare his international recod to David Villa's

drogba is class and I think he and rooney are on par, drogba is so difficult to defend against and like rooney he has so many qualities in his game.

Here is the top 10 Scorers(according to UEFA Co-Efficient)
1. Wayne Rooney Man. United
2. Luis Suarez Ajax (Ned)
3. Welliton Soares Spartak Moskou (Rus)
4. Lionel Messi Barcelona (Spa)
Jermaine Defoe Tottenham Hotspur (Eng)
Kristaps Grebis Metalurgs Liepaja (Latvia)
Didier Drogba Chelsea (Eng)
8. Kris Boyd Glasgow Rangers (Sch)
9. David Villa Valencia (Spa)
Darren Bent Sunderland (Eng)

Rooney is top of that, but will he stay there?

I'm just in shock at the "Raul" comments, absolutely hilarious.

Tough to say so I said no, Villa, Torres and Rooney are all so good.

Like 19-11-08 is saying, the question is not who was the best over the last few seasons. There is no need to take past seasons into account or you could say Henry or Raul is the best

Yes he is the best in the world today however Drogba isnt too far away.

Filipe Inzaghi is without a doubt the best finisher, class player just getting on abit

Acording to football manager based on current ability the best are..
1. Messi (190/200)
2. Ibrahimovic (182/200)
2. Torres (182/200)
4. Rooney (180/200)
5. Eto'o (179/200)
6. Villa (178/200)
7. Drogba (176/200)

I still think that based on this season rooney is best in the world though.

Rooeny is the official Milan tormentor. We[Read United] had scored 8 goals against milan[At the time of his substitution], out of that he had 6. Impressive.

He is the best Striker this season.:wub:

Here is the top 10 Scorers(according to UEFA Co-Efficient)
1. Wayne Rooney Man. United
2. Luis Suarez Ajax (Ned)
3. Welliton Soares Spartak Moskou (Rus)
4. Lionel Messi Barcelona (Spa)
Jermaine Defoe Tottenham Hotspur (Eng)
Kristaps Grebis Metalurgs Liepaja (Latvia)
Didier Drogba Chelsea (Eng)
8. Kris Boyd Glasgow Rangers (Sch)
9. David Villa Valencia (Spa)
Darren Bent Sunderland (Eng)

Rooney is top of that, but will he stay there?

who the fuc* is welliton soares

Back