is rooney the best striker

• Thread starter Thread starter ianhall65
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 10K

is rooney the best striker in world football today

• Total voters
Fair enough. Then I suppose that's that. :)

At the end of the day, I would take either of them at Tottenham in a heartbeat.

Is Rooney the best striker in the world today?

Yes.

Fair enough. Then I suppose that's that. :)

At the end of the day, I would take either of them at Tottenham in a heartbeat.

end of the day, football is a game full of opionions. it would be rather **** if everyone thought the same!

This season = Yes.

Overall = No.

Easier than I thought.

Didier Drogba is a pure all-round striker, holds it up, scores loads, aerial ability, I like Drogba however if Torres had that sort of service, he would be getting as many as Rooney & Drogba.

This season = Yes.

Overall = No.

Easier than I thought.
Perfectly put, plain and simple! :P Rooney is a joy to watch at the moment, he is playing like he did when we 1st signed him from Everton but is a **** of a lot more mature and well rounded!
deals with pressure perfectly and thrives under the pressure, he just wants to play every minute of every game (determination is second to none)

This season:
1. Rooney
2. Drogba
3. Ronaldo (if he can be classed as a striker)

Overall:
1. Torres
2. Ronaldo
3. Drogba
4. Rooney
5. Villa

I don't know how you can base who is the best stiker in the world right now on anything other than this season.:S

Saying drogba is a better striker right now because the few seasons before this one he has scored more goals is irrelavent.:S Especially if you are going to go back as far as the 2004-05 season like billy did where rooney would have been a teenager while drogba would have been around the peak age for a footballer.

The question is right now and right now rooney is easily one best strikers in the world, if not the best.

Torres has done nothing compared to Rooney this season...

i say torres is better than both (Rooney and Drogba) stats don't lie.
12 goals in 16 starts? something like that.

The question was is Rooney the best in the world TODAY. You seriously think Torres has done what Rooney has this season? Leave it out.

If Drogba was Rooney's age I'd rather have him, Drogba is uncontainable, he has the height, pace, everything needed for a striker
Drogba is better in my eyes, but Rooney is shining through

12 goals in 16 starts? something like that.[/QUOTE

My god you are so biased. Torres isent even spains best striker
well said jacko, i totally agree, raul is a mile better to begin but lets not go there, i seriously think that every striker in the world is different, so i will not cast a vote at this point

Yes but only 16 starts. If he wasn't so injury prone he'd be better than Rooney, but it doesn't matter because Drogba is better than them both <)

well said jacko, i totally agree, raul is a mile better to begin but lets not go there, i seriously think that every striker in the world is different, so i will not cast a vote at this point
Oh dear.:S The thread is the best striker in the world TODAY. As in right now.

Right now, raul does not start for his country, he does not start for his club. Right now torres is miles better that raul.

Cjacko would probably agree with me, i suspect he was referring to villa, not raul.oO)

Well like 18-11-08 keeps saying how can you not base the best player/striker in the world by the present season as its like saying going back to when Ronaldinho was named the best in the world but then how would you be able to name Ronaldinho as the best in the world then comes ronaldo07/08...08/09 named as it from the two seasons he got named as the best player then it will likely be either Rooney or Messi depending on how well hes playing this season.

alright, maybe i was slightly biased, but isn't every football fan?
i'm sure the majority of united fans here have said rooney's the best in the world.
for me at this moment in time, it's between rooney and drogba.
But i think for rooney to be considered truly great, he has to do what he's done this season. EVERY season.

Back