is rooney the best striker

• Thread starter Thread starter ianhall65
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 10K

is rooney the best striker in world football today

• Total voters
I still think Messi will win World Player of The Year or whatever it's called..

I've seen threads get closed for far less than the **** floating around this one. Any more and the entire forum will start smelling like an outhouse on a building site.

Either way, Rooney is definitely the best player in the league at the moment, and possibly the best player in the world at the moment.

That's practically it. Oh, and he isn't 100 times better than Robin van Persie; that statement was moronic.

/Thread

Make your mind up, you were just arguing that Drogba is better than Rooney :S

Rooney is definitely up there among the best, he is also one of my favorite players. However, I think Messi, although not an out-and-out striker, has a far better overall game than Rooney. And I agree with Aannddyy, Messi will win World Player of the Year.

I think in terms of being a handful it has to be drogba but i dont think hes the best seeing as hes not a team player

I think in terms of being a handful it has to be drogba but i dont think hes the best seeing as hes not a team player

Drogba has the 3rd highest amount of assists in the Prem behind Fabregas and Lampard.
If you watch him defensively aswell from corners, freekick's etc, he clears everything.
If that's not working for the team I don't know what is.

No way is rooney the best. Hes had 1 good season, but messi can play as a striker hence classing him as a striker. So is ronaldo. Also, torres is better than rooney and so is david villa

Imo you cannot say Rooney, Drogba, Messi, Villa, or anyone of these is the best striker because they are different.

Diego Milito has to be given a mention after the season he has had

Imo you cannot say Rooney, Drogba, Messi, Villa, or anyone of these is the best striker because they are different.

For me, being a striker comes down to scoring goals. If you can't compare two players of the same position, what can you compare?

Back