Is this an ANTI-ENGLISH directive???

Stonewall

Reaction score
Was shocked to hear a report that referee's in the World Cup have been taught English swear words.
I think this is another Platini Anti-English rule..
Yes I am English so Maybe I'm jumping the gun..But have the referee's been taught other countries swear words e.g Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish, French etc??
All of us who have played the game regardless of nationality will know frustration gets the better of u sometimes...Swearing is just frustration 90% of the time...
The thing that worries me is the first time a ref hears one of these words will it be an instant red card???
YES I know Rooney has a few words with refs but I think players showing the fantasy card action is much worse, and a real hate of mine in todays game..
Just wondering what everyone thinks...But I will not have any comments about Platini cos this guy is Anti-English no argument..
CHEERS...:D:D

I'm pretty sure fifa denied this. Just paper talk due to rooney getting booked for swearing at that south african ref.

1) fifa has denied this
2) platini is uefa NOT fifa
3) we shouldnt be swearing at the ref anyway

I don't see this as Anti English. More, Anti Descent. All the players will swear if they feel they have a bad decision against them and, to avoid a yellow, will swear in their native tongue to avoid it. This, by Platini is a smart move in my opinion.

If it was Anti English, then don't you think the refs would have just been taught it for the English speakers?

However, it can be a little far, like a player may get a yellow for saying "****" in their native language for missing an easy shot.

EDIT: Well that's it been confirmed then, denied. XD

Referees should know as much English as possible, bookings for dissent have always been around and if it's shown, REGARDLESS of nationality it's a booking. Simple

The rumour in the paper was they were teaching them something like 30 english swear words. XD I can't even think of 30 swear words.oO)
Just a rumour. :)

Ok lads....I agree that swearing at refs is a Thing that should be cut out of the game...
Platini is at UEFA so that means he has no say at FIFA...BOLLOX!!! a load of *****...
Platini has a lot of say...
As far as it being denied...
I would deny it as well...Wouldn't u???

Next you'll be telling me Prince William has a say in the UEFA Rules.

Next you'll be telling me Prince William has a say in the UEFA Rules.

Why would I say that???
Didn't know Prince william had owt to do with footballs ruling bodies...
And if it was sarcasm...:p:p:p Try again that was *****!!!!

LOL

Maybe in a few years they will make them learn acient chinese. It's just the way things go, and we have an unrealistic chance of winning the WC anyway!

Well, every body knows that "F*** YOU!" isn't a positive phrase. No need for lessons there.

OP we answered your question. the fact that you're arguing our answers suggests that you aren't really looking for answers, but people who agree with your ridiculous thinking

Was half expecting this to be about the EDL when i saw Is this an ANTI-ENGLISH

1) fifa has denied this
2) platini is uefa NOT fifa
3) we shouldnt be swearing at the ref anyway

Summed up there. No problem with footballers swearing just as long as its not directed at and personally towards the referee. Its a man's sport after all

Honestly think that the rugby rules should be reintroduced. I thought they were working well. Dissent? Ten yards further back son and we'll take it to the penalty spot if needed. Foul and abusive language can already be penalised under the existing laws of the game and I'd like to see it enforced where appropriate.

Ever heard the way players speak to the ref at rugby matches? Only the captain is entitled to speak to him to query a decision and he calls him 'sir' and makes his point politely and gets clarification of how the ref is seeing the game.

Calls for an effort by players, managers and referees but I think it would be very worthwhile. Oh and retrospective bans for players who simulate would be nice too.