Is this an ANTI-ENGLISH directive???

Fifa and uefa are the worst organizations in the world!I`m sick when i see sep blater!!!

I'm pretty sure fifa denied this. Just paper talk due to rooney getting booked for swearing at that south african ref.

As my learnered colleague above put in said quote....

In case people forgot south africans (as nearly every other nation in the world) and espically refs speak english...

Honestly think that the rugby rules should be reintroduced. I thought they were working well. Dissent? Ten yards further back son and we'll take it to the penalty spot if needed. Foul and abusive language can already be penalised under the existing laws of the game and I'd like to see it enforced where appropriate.

Ever heard the way players speak to the ref at rugby matches? Only the captain is entitled to speak to him to query a decision and he calls him 'sir' and makes his point politely and gets clarification of how the ref is seeing the game.

Calls for an effort by players, managers and referees but I think it would be very worthwhile. Oh and retrospective bans for players who simulate would be nice too.
ive been playin rugby since i was 11. and i have never understood why this hasnt been implemented

I dont think its particularly an anti English thing, i just think that footballers from all nations like swearing in English.

Honestly think that the rugby rules should be reintroduced. I thought they were working well. Dissent? Ten yards further back son and we'll take it to the penalty spot if needed. Foul and abusive language can already be penalised under the existing laws of the game and I'd like to see it enforced where appropriate.

Ever heard the way players speak to the ref at rugby matches? Only the captain is entitled to speak to him to query a decision and he calls him 'sir' and makes his point politely and gets clarification of how the ref is seeing the game.

Calls for an effort by players, managers and referees but I think it would be very worthwhile. Oh and retrospective bans for players who simulate would be nice too.

Agreeed 100%, used to be a big rugby player - if i as much as muttered a swear word at the ref under my breath, I was in the sin bin.

Just because these multi million pound so called superstars think they own the place doesn't mean they should be given free reign over the referees, even if it is only because of their language. Only the captain is allowed to speak to the referee in a serious manner in rugby (in terms of decisions regarding the game, i.e whether it is a legit free kick) so none of this card waving bollocks that most footy players seem to be adapting. The ref then tells the skipper what the problem is, and the captain then goes to inform the player who has committed the offence. A case of youll speak when you're spoken to. But if the ref has to treat the players like kids to bring a more disciplined game to the field, then so be it. I know i'd prefer to watch that.

Maybe its so the refs can tell players where to go...

I dont think its particularly an anti English thing, i just think that footballers from all nations like swearing in English.

Agreed. I'm almost certain when Ronaldo was mouthing to one of the Côte d'Ivoire players that he said "F**k off"

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Agreeed 100%, used to be a big rugby player - if i as much as muttered a swear word at the ref under my breath, I was in the sin bin.

Just because these multi million pound so called superstars think they own the place doesn't mean they should be given free reign over the referees, even if it is only because of their language. Only the captain is allowed to speak to the referee in a serious manner in rugby (in terms of decisions regarding the game, i.e whether it is a legit free kick) so none of this card waving bollocks that most footy players seem to be adapting. The ref then tells the skipper what the problem is, and the captain then goes to inform the player who has committed the offence. A case of youll speak when you're spoken to. But if the ref has to treat the players like kids to bring a more disciplined game to the field, then so be it. I know i'd prefer to watch that.

I can understand the rugby point of few but I play amateur football and if I lose the plot and shout and curse at the ref then 99% of the time the ref shouts and curses back at me. An eye for an eye and fair play to me

Agreed. I'm almost certain when Ronaldo was mouthing to one of the Côte d'Ivoire players that he said "F**k off"

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

I can understand the rugby point of few but I play amateur football and if I lose the plot and shout and curse at the ref then 99% of the time the ref shouts and curses back at me. An eye for an eye and fair play to me

Fair enough if the ref is giving it them back eh? Agree with you there

but i dont think it should be fair play. there should be one man in charge: the ref. you might not like him or his choice. but you gotta listen to him

and i dont think the ref should be giving it back to you either though

but i dont think it should be fair play. there should be one man in charge: the ref. you might not like him or his choice. but you gotta listen to him

and i dont think the ref should be giving it back to you either though

Georgie Best once said that back in the day the refs gave as good as they got and I agree with him

But see, you and the ref aren't on equal terms. No matter what he says or does he's in charge for 90 minutes. The same does not apply to you (or any other player)

I really like the idea of the rugby rules being implemented. There has got to be some respect shown. Otherwise, what's the point in even having a ref?

Georgie Best once said that back in the day the refs gave as good as they got and I agree with him
back then there was a grudging respect for the ref, that has gone. and the nature of the game has changed you cant have the ref and the player standing there effing and blinding at each other

There are many rugby rules I'd like to see implemented, stricter refs one of them. Another good one would be whenever there is a stoppage in play, actually stopping the clock rather than keeping it ticking over and adding on a rough estimate at the end of the game.

If you looked at the replay of Ronaldo yesterday, It showed him saying F%&K You at the Ivory Coast and a bit of pushing which he was booked for, and this is when he is playing with Portugal at the World Cup, fair enough he is playing with Man U in England, I think most footballers curse in English as they are most knowing curse's that they prob see in films and songs etc ..

Referees should know as much English as possible, bookings for dissent have always been around and if it's shown, REGARDLESS of nationality it's a booking. Simple

why should they now english

I don't imagine one single person in the world who doesn't know the meaning of f*ck, do they need lessons?

Wise words! I think we need to nominate a position at FIFA for Zebedee!

Remove dissent and simulation, two of the biggest knocks against the "manliness" of football.

Just wondering what everyone thinks...But I will not have any comments about Platini cos this guy is Anti-English no argument..
CHEERS...:D:D

No..
You are not wondering what everybody thinks if you make a moronic statement like that.
It's paranoid bullshit of the highest order and it's just another excuse to use if England fall flat on their face.

Platini is a legend and I wish he was my Dad. (H)

As everyone else has said FIFA denied this then it obviously isn't true, but I assumed a lot of players would swear in English? Or am I being naive?