Italian football scandal

• Thread starter *J*
  • Start date
  • Replies 52
  • Views 4K
J

*J*

I got this off another forum I post at its just a rumour at the moment that was taken from Southampton FC message board

Juventus relegated to Serie B with -15 points

AC Milan -9 points Stay in Serie A

Florence and Lazio -15 points Stay In Serie A

If that is even close to being true then some clubs got off lightly

If thats true AC wont sell any of their players and will cruise serie "A" without worrying about juve chasing them.

I head all the teams u mentioned down to Serie B expect Juve who go down further and are stripped of their last 2 titles

Yeah I heard the same as Gregor but we'll all know on soon enough, I think the verdict is today.

How come Juve get relegated to serie B? and the rest are only getting dropped points and staying in serie A?

yes, Milan will win Serie A, iv red this on milan forum yesterday :cool:

but juve got aas deserved, they did most about the Gamefixing

Does this mean there out of Europe ? If so we should be allowed in the cl group stages :D

Liverpool are going straight to the group stages aswell I think because of what happened in Greece. :)

But the Greek ban has been lifted

I wish they would stop delaying it and just hand out the punishments, it said on Sky Sports News that it's now saturday when we'll know. :(

I know, I just want them to get relegated! :D

The decision will be made at 6pm tonight.

The verdicts in Italy's match-fixing scandal will be announced at 19:00 local time (18:00 BST) on Friday evening, after the closure of the stock exchange.

Four of Serie A's biggest clubs and 26 officials from the footballing fraternity are under investigation at Rome's Olympic Stadium for alleged match-fixing of domestic games.

If found guilty the clubs are expected to be punished severely, with relegation, expulsion from European competitions and points deductions set to be meted out.

Juventus are expected to suffer the worst outcome, but reports in Italy suggest Milan could be the only club to avoid relegation.

The verdicts are set to be broadcast live on Italian television and the clubs will have three days to appeal the decision after discovering their fate.

The Federal Court will hear their appeals and make a final decision within a week to ensure the Italian Football Federation are able to submit their list of clubs to be involved in next season's European competitions by July 25.

Source: Sky Sports

Hope they don't change there ****** minds again and just slap em with what they have coming at 19:00 they say they will.

Looks like Milan might be getting off with it :( no Gattuso for us if they don't get relegated.

You've also been linked with Pirlo aswell I think.

Serie A sides Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina have been demoted to the second division for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

AC Milan will stay in Serie A but will lose 15 points and will be kicked out of the Champions League.

Juventus were also stripped of their last two titles and had 30 points deducted meaning that they are almost certain to stay down for two seasons.

Lazio were penalised seven points while Fiorentina suffered a 12 point penalty.

More to follow.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5164194.stm

At least they didn't **** out of relegating them. Milan got lucky but still 15 points is still a big margin to climb.

Yay so glad that they have been relegated. It's the least they deserved for cheating their way to the top.

Seria A will be so easy for Inter Milan this season now that their main rivals are pretty much gone.

So glad the teams that got relegated where the ones that did (apart from Viola) as I like Milan and didnt want them to go down