I am liking the look of my Reading team so far but trying to keep my feet on the ground and not get my hopes up haha

Just take it one game at a time mate, If you make a wrong choice for a game then just pick yourself up and do better with the next games :D

That's the transfer deadline passed have totally changed the team but they seem to have gelled ok cause am sitting 4th after 5 games and through to the next round of the cup

View attachment 463047

Starting Line Up: Gerken 7; Hewitt 8, Chambers 7, Berra 7, Cresswell 8; Tabb 8, Esteban Lopez 6, Tunnicliffe 7 (OFF 75), Wordsworth 7; Murphy 7, McGoldrick 5 (OFF 75).
Subs: Copa; Smith, Veseli; Hyam, Leddy 6 (ON 75); Nouble, Taylor 6 (ON 75).

This game saw Matthew Upson get sent off for Brighton on the 13th minute. Town attacked really well but couldn't score as the Brighton defence stopped us in our tracks. We really showed signs of missing explosive winger Paul Anderson on the left as Aaron Cresswell was helping Anthony Wordsworth out more. With Cole Skuse still facing a suspension Ryan Tunnicliffe didn't seem to have the same playmaker abilities as Cole does.

With September out the way here is the round up between me and Mick McCarthy.

Mick's Ipswich Town:

ITFC 3 - 1 Middlesbrough
ITFC 2 - 1 Yeovil
Wigan 2 - 0 ITFC
ITFC 2 - 0 Brighton

Won 3; Lost 1; Draw 0; Goals For 7; Goals against 4; points 9.

My Tractor Boys:

ITFC 2 - 0 Middlesbrough
ITFC 3 - 0 Yeovil
ITFC 0 - 0 Brighton

Won 2; Lost 0; Draw 1; Goals for 5; Goals against 0; points 7.

With Mick's side playing Wigan as a extra game, I don't play them til next game. But Mick has beat me this month.

That's the transfer deadline passed have totally changed the team but they seem to have gelled ok cause am sitting 4th after 5 games and through to the next round of the cup

That's good mate glad things are working out for your side and with getting new players in. I've kind of without 3 signings have the same team as Mick McCarthy's

Strong Central Defender Luke Chambers came third as Player Of The Month for September.

I also came second Manager Of The Month for September.

Loaned at Chesterfield, Dean Parrett Came second Young Player Of the Month for September (League 2).

The Board are Very Pleased with my Management level and happy that I'm getting the best out of Luke Chambers. They are slightly upset with getting knocked out of the Second Round of the Capital One Cup against Sheffield United.

That's good mate glad things are working out for your side and with getting new players in. I've kind of without 3 signings have the same team as Mick McCarthy's

I have actually only signed 4 players but have brought in a few more on loan so actually have a quite a small squad when they leave

Success with Ipswich, promotion (although two straight cup exits). Nouble and Taylor were prolific, although McGoldrick was unable to work out what to do with that weird net thing - scoring six in 24. Skuse was outstanding, Anderson lacked pace, Hyam grew in stature and Berra became an absolute rock in defence.

Never saw Tabb perform, although he managed to come into the side at Easter and hold things together.

Signings - Baldwin from Hartlepool, who was Skuse's partner for most of the season; Mulgrew (loan until injury); Seitaridis, Greek RB on a free, absolutely outstanding throughout and Roy Carroll on loan when Loach got injured in January.

Generally I lined up:

Loach - Seitaridis Berra Smith Cresswell - Edwards Skuse Baldwin Mulgrew - Taylor Nouble

Now, to stay up!

Success with Ipswich, promotion (although two straight cup exits). Nouble and Taylor were prolific, although McGoldrick was unable to work out what to do with that weird net thing - scoring six in 24. Skuse was outstanding, Anderson lacked pace, Hyam grew in stature and Berra became an absolute rock in defence.

Never saw Tabb perform, although he managed to come into the side at Easter and hold things together.

Signings - Baldwin from Hartlepool, who was Skuse's partner for most of the season; Mulgrew (loan until injury); Seitaridis, Greek RB on a free, absolutely outstanding throughout and Roy Carroll on loan when Loach got injured in January.

Generally I lined up:

Loach - Seitaridis Berra Smith Cresswell - Edwards Skuse Baldwin Mulgrew - Taylor Nouble

Now, to stay up!

Looks good mate nice one. It's good to see the difference in both our teams, where you use Loach and I use Gerken. I did look into getting Seitaridis but opt out as thought I would give Hewitt and Hammond a chance. I do use Smith sometimes but more Chambers. I had to get rid of Carlos as I've never been a fan of his ever. Good to see Taylor and Nouble partnering up.. I rate Nouble he will be amazing. I seem to get the good with McGoldrick and Murphy, even though I'm would rather have Ramadan and Winter if I knew they would do the job.

But, any way good luck with the Premiership mate, let me know how its been for Town's return to the big league

I have actually only signed 4 players but have brought in a few more on loan so actually have a quite a small squad when they leave

Good plan for when/if you get to the premiership you're able to get some greater players in :D

View attachment 462996

Starting Line Up: Gerken 6; Hewitt 7 (OFF 84), Chambers 9, Berra 7, Cresswell 8; Tabb 7, Esteban Lopez 6, Ellis 6 (OFF 70), Adekunle 6; Murphy 5 (OFF 60), McGoldrick 7.
Subs: Copa, Smith, Veseli - (ON 84); Hyam 7 (ON 70), Leddy; Nouble 6 (ON 60), Taylor.

Town saw Elliott Hewitt get injured on the 84th minute which had Frederic Veseli come on to hold the right back position. A bad day at the office for Daryl Murphy which made me bring on Frank Nouble. David McGoldrick scored on the 5th minute by an amazing free kick by left back Aaron Cresswell long direct pass. Derby equalised on the 26th minute by Matty Fryatt. Play Of The Match Luke Chambers made loads of key defensive performances for us and Luke Hyam played well in the Advanced Playmakers role, normally held by Cole Skuse.

As far as what Mick McCarthy done against Derby, I can be happy that Dean Gerken didn't conceive four goals. A pleased draw for me and Ipswich play very well considering I rested a few back up key players.

Always been a fan of Smith, and of Nouble too for that matter. I didn't intend to use Edwards, and in previous seasons I've always got rid of him, but he was just faster down the wing than Anderson, who would always end up either cutting back or hitting the cross into the full back. I preferred Gerken to start with, but he kept making unforced errors, and after a dodgy pre-season, Loach cut them out. McGoldrick I like in real life, but however many chances he was given, just didn't do it. My tactics perhaps?

Two games in, and I've beaten Norwich in the opening game (1-0) and lost Arsenal away (1-0). Creditable.

View attachment 462984

Starting Line Up: Copa 7; Veseli 7, Chambers 8, Berra 7, Cresswell 7; Tabb 7, Esteban Lopez 6 (OFF 54), Skuse 7, Wordsworth 7; Nouble 6 (OFF 66), McGoldrick 6.
Subs: Gerken; Smith, Hewitt 7 (ON 54); Hyam, Tunnicliffe; Murphy 6 (ON 66), Taylor.

Cole Skuse came back from suspension and returned to the side and put in a good performance for us. Elliott Hewitt had a good game having a go at the right wing. Nothing really happened in the match apart from some epic saves by Copa on his debut. With three draws in a row I'm hoping we can get a good win against Wigan in the next game.

Always been a fan of Smith, and of Nouble too for that matter. I didn't intend to use Edwards, and in previous seasons I've always got rid of him, but he was just faster down the wing than Anderson, who would always end up either cutting back or hitting the cross into the full back. I preferred Gerken to start with, but he kept making unforced errors, and after a dodgy pre-season, Loach cut them out. McGoldrick I like in real life, but however many chances he was given, just didn't do it. My tactics perhaps?

Two games in, and I've beaten Norwich in the opening game (1-0) and lost Arsenal away (1-0). Creditable.

GET IN THERE!!!!!! Beating our rival's is brilliant and to lose only one nil to Arsenal that's good.

And yeah could be your tactic's that doesn't work for him but it seems to work for others so its best staying with it! But if you want to see if you can get a bit more out of David McGoldrick, then maybe try him as a Advanced Forward and using his instructions like pass it shorter and shot less often. It works for me.

Had a tinker with my tactics on my Middlesbrough game and managed to win 4 out of 6 (losing the other 2) and winning 3 in a row. Just in time really as I was massively under pressure! Also I've just signed that Ibrahim for a minimal fee and Isaac Cuenca on a free in January - it's looking up!

That's good mate. Three in a row out of six, isn't bad :D But yeah getting under pressure is tough and I feel for you but hopefully they will keep you :D

View attachment 462959

Starting Line Up: Copa 7; Hewitt 7, Chambers 8, Berra 7, Cresswell 7; Tabb 7, Esteban Lopez 7 (OFF 60), Skuse 7, Wordsworth 7; Nouble 7, McGoldrick 6.
Subs: Gerken; Smith, Mings; Hyam, Tunnicliffe; Murphy, Taylor 7 (ON 61).

My normal 4-1-3-2 WOLF didn't seem to work and at half time I changed to a 4-1-2-1-2 TIGER to gain a goal after half time. Andrew Keogh scored the two goals for Wigan, one on the 24th minute that was struck in the six yard box and beat Copa cleanly. His second came in the 39th minute that flew past Hewitt and bounce across the line after hitting the cross bar. We faced a two nil embarrassment at half time. It took Frank Nouble long to score our goal on the blink of the 87th minute. We should of done better now our unbeaten run has been stopped. Hopefully we can beat Burnley in our next game.

View attachment 462947

Starting Line Up: Gerken 6; Hewitt 7 (OFF 59), Chambers 6, Berra 6, Cresswell 6; Tabb 7, Esteban Lopez 6, Skuse 7, Anderson 7; Nouble 6 (OFF 64), McGoldrick 4.
Subs: Copa; Smith, Mings; Hyam, Tunnicliffe 6 (ON 59); Murphy, Taylor 6 (ON 64).

So this is the sort of result I really became extremely angry with the team! David McGoldrick was totally rubbish, he didn't seem the striker I have known to like in this match! Two goals by Danny Ings one by lobbing Gerken on the 3rd minute and the other beating Chambers and Berra to slide a shot past Garken in the 44th minute. Sam Vokes scored the other two on the 26th minute and another one on the 76th minute.

Elliott Hewitt got a slight injury so had to come off and I brought Cole Skuse in the right back rule and brought Ryan Tunnicliffe on to sit where Cole was in the Advanced Playmaker role. After this result I am strongly going to drop David McGoldrick and replace him with Paul Taylor.

good story your doing good so far, shame about the burnley match,

i just signed esteban lopez for derby and hes played in 4 (started 1) and scored a nice volley just inside box

will continue to follow

Last edited:
View attachment 462939

Starting Line Up: Copa 6; Veseli 7, Chambers 7, Berra 7, Cresswell 7; Tabb 7, Esteban Lopez 7, Skuse 7 (OFF 63), Anderson 9; Murphy 6 (OFF 70), Taylor 7.
Subs: Gerken; Smith, Mings; Hyam, Tunnicliffe 7 (ON 63); Nouble 6 (ON 70), McGoldrick.

Anther lost in a row but to the hands of Bolton. I lost faith in David McGoldrick and opt to play Paul Taylor up front. Taylor scored a powerful effort on the 1st minute but with the power of Bolton it wasn't enough for us to keep scoring. Bolton defence was brilliant closing down Daryl Murphy. David Ngog scored on the 10th minute. Tim Ream scored on the 62nd minute to sink us in our hole even more. With our fail at everything I tried to do was never enough as Andre Moritz on the 82nd minute to totally sink us.

good story your doing good so far, shame about the burnley match,

i just signed esteban lopez for derby and hes played in 4 (started 1) and scored a nice volley just inside box

will continue to follow

Cheers. Yeah its upsetting at the moment with our losing results. Burnley and Bolton match has stunk us a bit and a team meeting is going to happen to pick the lads up.

Nice that Esteban Lopez is doing ok with Derby and scoring a goal :D nice