View attachment 462933

Barnley's put in a good fight against us to settle us with a draw. It puts us out of the losing streak we had and I moved to a more controlled style then the all out attack we normally played in the past. Goals from Luke Chambers and Paul Taylor.

View attachment 462930

Blackpool couldn't stop Paul Anderson from scoring two blinding goals to help us get back on a win.

View attachment 462923

Leicester City put up a good fight to try and control Paul Taylor from scoring but Paul managed to get us the point.

View attachment 462922

A debut for Dean Parrett saw us out play Charlton, though we struggled to score we put in a good effort against them.

View attachment 462885

So a draw with Blackburn kept at bay of trying to get three points, but it was nice seeing Luke Chambers get a goal for us.

View attachment 462884

Huddlesfield saw us stay with not winning a game in four matches and its starting to feel that we just can't see where a win will come. It was a good performance by the lads though.

View attachment 462883

Nottingham kept us at bay of trying to fight for a win. Even a goal from Paul Anderson couldn't even help stay with a one all draw as they split through and scored a late goal.

View attachment 462882

Watford was the better team of making us lose a second game in a row which brought the team moral down loads. Even Paul Taylor and me had some harsh words after the match. With his out burst with me see's him on the transfer list.

View attachment 462881

Even goals from Luke Chambers, Paul Taylor and Esteban Lopez could lift the team out of losing as Doncaster sunk us like the titanic! With three loses in a row I am starting to have a hair dryer moments with them.

View attachment 462880

So now deep in the four game beaten run we sit on 19th place of the Championship. Moral is really low and I have managed to get a few signings to come to us in January.

As January has arrived I've managed to sign two players. One a right back to help Elliott Hewitt out and the other one is to make the midfield stronger.

View attachment 462879View attachment 462878

I'm happy with these two signings and hoping they can make a impact and get us out of this losing streak.

Antonia looks like a good signing for your team to replace Lopez. As much as I love Esteban Lopez he's only just squeaking into my weak league 2 side, I really doubt he has the chops for the championship until a few years have gone past and he's developed as a player.

Keep up the story I'm enjoying reading it!

Antonia looks like a good signing for your team to replace Lopez. As much as I love Esteban Lopez he's only just squeaking into my weak league 2 side, I really doubt he has the chops for the championship until a few years have gone past and he's developed as a player.

Keep up the story I'm enjoying reading it!

Thank you and will do. Yeah Antonia does have a better edge to Lopez, I still use Lopez but they both share the role at the moment. May change once Antonia settles more. But yeah I agree, He's not ready for a first team place til a couple years. So if a league 2 team offers a loan deal for him I will settle to let him go. Hoyte is doing a good job but he won't be with us forever. I can see me getting a better one once the season ends.

View attachment 462839

A goal by David McGoldrick saw us stay in the fight with Charlton, but when it came down to the last 20 minutes Charlton hammered us.

View attachment 462838

FA Cup third round saw us beat Wrexham by the only goal from Tommy Smith. The draw wasn't kind to us as we have to play Manchester City in the fourth round.

View attachment 462837

Frank Nouble kept us in the game against Q.P.R which helped us get a point.

View attachment 462836

Millwall totally killed us, even the goal from Frank Nouble couldn't keep the power of Millwall at bay. We now sitting 20th of the Championship.

View attachment 462835

David McGoldrick scored a goal to make the two nil Reading lead a little bit forgiveable.

THE F.A CUP FOURTH ROUND!

View attachment 462834

Starting Line Up: Copa 6; Hoyte 7, Chambers 7, Smith 7, Cresswell 7; Tabb 7, Hyam 7, Antonia 7 (OFF 30), Anderson 6; Nouble 6 (OFF 65), McGoldrick 6.
Subs: Gerken; Berra, Veseli; Wordsworth 7 (ON 30), Skuse; Murphy 7 (ON 65), Taylor.

At half time saw us in a drawing battle with Man City, A nice goal by David McGoldrick from a penalty. Second half we did play well, but Man City's scoring ability out matched us.

View attachment 462830

Another lost to add to my tally and its looking like I could lose the Ipswich Town job. Esteban Lopez is backing me to turn the club around along with Carlos Edwards.

I hope with the new tactic I've made we can beat Bolton in our next match.

View attachment 462828

We played extremely well against Bolton, and we really looked like we was going to get a win at last. Shamefully, we was denied by a late goal. Anthony Wordsworth scored to blinding free kicks.

View attachment 462827

Luke Chambers scored a good goal for us in the second half. It seems no matter what tactic I use we just can't win!

I'm looking to get the sack, we was in the top half and a long blip from mid November to Febraury we have failed to get anything and we lay 23rd in the Championship now.

View attachment 462807

A decent draw against a strong Blackpool side. A goal by David McGoldrick made this possible.

View attachment 462806

Another draw against Liecester saw Luke Chambers score for us. We're sitting in 23rd place and it doesn't look like we're gonna get out of this whole. Will League 1 be for us next season? If we don't get win's I can see it happening.

Another meeting with Marcus Evans and it seem's if we don't get a win in our next match I could be sacked.

I really can't pin point where it went wrong for us since 23rd of November.

View attachment 462804

Our first league win since the 9th of November! Two great goals by David McGoldrick. I played a defensive game after half time which kept us keeping this result.

View attachment 462796

So after the Birmingham winning result we're put back to a lost. Daryl Murphy did well and I can't be sad at losing to Middlesbrough they did play well.

View attachment 462795

Back in the winning way now as we beat Yeovil. Esteban Lopez and Anthony Wordsworth have done enough to get us three points.

View attachment 462794

Another great win against Wigan. David McGoldrick scores and Luke Chambers has every right to be happy with two goals.

View attachment 462793

A draw against Brighton make me enjoy just scrapping a point.

View attachment 462792

David McGoldrick and Captain Luke Chambers celebrated with style as they fought off Derby.

View attachment 462791

Forest out played us and there was hardly anything I could really do. I can accept they played better and finished better than us.

Looks like with March results it shows that I may be keeping my job with Town. Even though we are in a poor standing in the league, I'm pretty sure next season will be better for us.

View attachment 462784

David McGoldrick scores for us and even in our defensive style we was not a match for Blackburn.

View attachment 462783

Another lost to the hands of Huddlesfield, even though Tommy Smith got on the score board in a tight game.

View attachment 462782

A superb win for us as Daryl Murphy scored two goals and Frank Nouble managed to get one to knock Doncastle to lose.

Here are some new players that's going to join us when the transfer window opens again.

View attachment 462781View attachment 462780View attachment 462779

Central defend Gavin Cunning will join us on a free from Dundee United, striker Harvin Ongenda will join us on a free from Paris SG and attacking midfielder James Vincent will join us also on a free from Inverness CT.

View attachment 462772

A lost against Watford see's the two goals from Frank Nouble not enough to keep us in the game.

View attachment 462771

Bournemouth saw us off with three goals. The board had been really disappointed with this result and expect better in the next match.

View attachment 462770

Even though with the draw, it wasn't enough for me to keep my job even though there was the last game against Sheffield Wednesday to try and keep us up with a win.

The run down of the season and my realm at Ipswich Town have been some real high's and and a lot of near tears for my beloved club.

I feel I could of done a lot better but with moral falling very hard, it was a struggle to pick them up. I don't blame Marcus Evans for losing faith in me and sacking me for my extremely poor form in the Championship.

Now to go forward and look for another job.

Sad to hear you got sacked hope you manage to get a good team to manage next

Sad to hear you got sacked hope you manage to get a good team to manage next

Yeah I am upset I got sacked and Ipswich will be facing time in the League 1.

But my new adventure is with Swansea City in the Premiership. Did apply for the Manchester United job but they took Michael Laudrup as manager. But taking the big step up will be good for me. I'm going to be playing more defensive play with the swans.