It's all a load of balls.... The Rise Through Europe

April 2020 Review

April 2020 Review

Results

Swedish Premier Division
Ostersunds FK 1 - 1 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82275

First game of the season would see us face the team we have upcoming in the final of the Swedish Cup too, so both teams would more likely be coming into this on a high. This was my 100th game in football management so I was keen to celebrate with a win. Unfortunately I couldn't as we picked up where we left off last year, conceeding late equalizers and ending games with draws that we should have won!

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 0 - 0 BK Hacken

View attachment 82274

Definitely continuing last year's trend. 2 games into the season and 2 draws on the board. This team seems to have a serious lack of determination to win games and it's starting to really **** me off. My tactics are clearly spot on as I completely dominate games, but the team can't get wins on the board. If things don't improve, there could be a complete overhaul within this team at the end of the season.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 0 Hammarby IF

View attachment 82273

2 goals in the final 10 minutes, both from corners, secured us our first win of the season. It was looking for a long time that this was going to be total domination and just another draw, but we got our just rewards in the end and the players put a smile on my face.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Goteborg 1 - 2 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82272

On paper this would be our toughest test early in the season. And it wasn't easy, but I'm delighted to walk away with the 3 points and back to back league wins after a very even game. We looked wobbly towards the end and the team is definitely nervous when we're being attacked in the final 10 minutes of games, but they held on today for a good win!

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 2 Osters IF

View attachment 82271

Osters came with a clear gameplan to sit deep and play for a draw - you could tell that from their lineup straight away. So I didn't want to leave us open at the back by pushing forward....instead we played a counter mentality, trying to draw our opponents out from their own half so we could hit them on the break. Within 6 minutes, we had our first goal and the tactic had seemed to be a good choice. Half time came and at 1-0 up we had looked solid, restricting our opponents to only 1 shot in the first half as we created 7 chances of our own. The 2nd half was pretty boring until the final 10 minutes when it sprung into life. Some poor goalkeeping from Linner at our end allowed a soft equalizer, only for us to hit back immediately with a goal from Eric Smith to give us our lead back. But then the late goal curse struck again as Osters fired in a 90th minute corner, Olsson got up and headed his second of the game. A poor draw for us at home to lesser opposition who got what they came for.

Swedish Premier Division

Orebro SK 0 - 2 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82270

Orebro were up next and last season this game had ended in a 3-3 draw so we were expecting a goalfest maybe? Emil Nielsen had started the season in fine form for them scoring 5 goals in 5 games, so we'd have to watch him closely. We were definitely the better side in the first half and went a goal up through Eric Smith again following a beautiful pass through on goal from new signing Nikolic, who now had 3 assists in his first 3 games for the club. Midway through the 2nd half, Nikolic got himself on the scoresheet with a fine finish to the bottom corner from just outside the box. Finished up with a good 2-0 away win!

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 1 Malmo FF

View attachment 82269

Our final game of the month would be against Malmo. They were the only team to beat me as Norrkoping manager so far, and had started the season with 6 wins from 6 games, an impressive 100% record as they bid to retain their status as Swedish champions. A solid first half display saw us take a 1-0 lead down the tunnel at half time. I told the boys to keep it up. It looked like we would relinquish the lead when the ref awarded them a soft penalty 10 minutes into the 2nd half, but goalkeeper Mitov Nilsson pulled off a fantastic save, back in the team today after a recent injury. Malmo did continue to attack and bagged the equalising goal midway through the half. But we fought back with lots of spirit and took the lead again only 2 minutes later, with a great strike from 20 yards from Mikael Anderson. We expected Malmo to crank it up a notch for the final 20 minutes now as they wouldn't want to suffer a first defeat of the season. They did exactly that but wern't able to find a way through our defence. We were brilliant today and I'm proud of the team as we secured a huge win against the pre season favourites for the title.

League Table

View attachment 82268

An undefeated start to the season sees us sitting comfortably in the top 4 who seem to be already pulling away from the pack.

Player of the Month

Eric Smith
MC

Appearances: 6
Goals: 4
Assists: 1
Headers Attempted/Headers Won: 56/41
Average Rating: 7.67

Eric has rejoined the club after he was sold to rivals AIK a few seasons ago. I took a decision to bring him back here as I felt he would improve our midfield significantly and the lad felt he had unfinished business here too. He had to win some of the fans back over and has done exactly that with his outstanding performances this month. He has won 4 man of the match awards in 6 games!

Squad News

Gudmundur Porarinsson has reached 100 appearances for the club.

The team have equalled and surpassed the previous club record of 13 games unbeaten.

Manager Views

Very happy with the first 7 games of the season, maintaining an unbeaten record. We have the cup final to look forward to next month and I am delighted we are going into it in a rich vein of form.

I completed my National B License this month, so have added that qualification to my CV.

I also reached 100 games in football management this month.

Swedish Cup Champions 2020

IFK Norrkoping Secure First Swedish Cup in 26 Years!

View attachment 82267

Wow, this was more of a domination than any other game I have played in my career to date. From start to finish it looked like there would only be one winner of this match. 34 chances created against our opponents 7! But the same old story of not taking enough of our chances meant we were taken all the way through extra time and then into penalties. Glad to say that we came out on top in the shootout with all 4 of our penalties going in, and it would have been a complete injustice should we have lost this.

Happy to bring home my first silverware as IFK Norrkoping manager and this is the club's first Swedish Cup since 1994!

View attachment 82266 View attachment 82265 View attachment 82264

The fans were happy.....

View attachment 82263

And no matter what happens in the league this year, we will definitely be entered into the early stages of the Europa League next year...

View attachment 82262

May 2020 Review

May 2020 Review

Results

Swedish Premier Division
AIK 0 - 1 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82246

A tough start to the month saw us face rivals AIK, top of the league and undefeated so far this season. Hopefully we could be the first team of the year to inflict defeat on them as we'd done with Malmo in our previous game. With the Swedish Cup Final only a few days away, my biggest challenge would be keeping the team focused on the task at hand. We made a decent start, taking the lead 22 minutes in, Bejimo getting up to tap in from a corner. It should of been 2 on the stroke of half time as striker Nikolic found himself clean through and one on one with the keeper, but could only blast the ball straight at the onrusher goalie. Fritzson and Borre went on to miss good chances in the second half too, but we wasn't punished for the misses as the defence held strong and we grabbed a massve 1-0 win. We'd beaten both the favourites for the league back to back.....a fantastic achievement!

Swedish Cup Final
IFK Norrkoping 1 - 1 Ostersunds FK
(IFK Norrkoping win 4-2 on penalties)

View attachment 82245

Championes Championes Ole Ole Ole!!!

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 4 - 1 Djurgardens IF

View attachment 82244

Back to league action following the cup final win, and we welcomed Djurgardens. We were in high spirits after the cup win and it showed, with my boys playing with freedom and confidence as we raced to a 4-1 win. Borre bagged two goals which was important as he has been low on confidence recently having been struggling to find the back of the net.

Swedish Premier Division
Kalmar FF 3 - 3 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82243

Bottom of the league Kalmar were up next and from the way we dominated the game, you can see why. However, from only 6 shots that they had, they managed to score 3 goals with our goalkeeper having a bit of a nightmare to be honest. It was a ding dong battle and towards the end of the game either team could have taken the 3 points. Mikael Anderson came from the bench to bag 2 goals late on.

Swedish Premier Division
Syrianska FC 1 - 1 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82242

Syrianska up next and again a disappointing draw as we only managed to score 1 goal from 21 shots!! We have some problems up front with both Borre and Nikolic injured, and although we have players who can play up top, they are better players out wide and seem to be struggling playing the leading role from the front.

Swedish Premier Division
IF Elfsborg 2 - 3 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82241

After 2 disappointing draws in the league, I was keen to get us back to winning ways in this one. But things didn't start as planned at all when we went down in the 11th minute, being caught on the break from our own corner! We were only down for 10 minutes as inside forward Fritzson struck a bullet of a half volley into the top corner from just inside the 18 yard box. Elfsborg got their heads back in front in the 2nd half and with 2 injuries and 2 forced substitutions in this game, we were now up against it. The equalizer did come however, on 78 minutes from Mikael Anderson who was put clean through on goal by Adin Bukva. Anderson was put through again for a 1 on 1 opportunity in the 85th minute but could only strike the post. Then 2 minutes later, Fritzson was put through from a ball over the top from centre back Fjoluson and he passed into the corner of the net to give us the lead. The action wasn't over as Bukva himself found plenty of space in the opposition box and a chance to score a 4th goal for us, but for the 2nd time in the match we found the post. The game ended 3-2 and although closer than we'd have liked, I'm happy to get back to winning.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 3 - 1 Orgryte IS

View attachment 82240

Finished off the month unbeaten with another win against lowly opponents Orgryte. From the moment we took the lead in the opening 2 minutes, the result was never really in doubt as we were in control throughout and put in a very decent performance before the 2 month break.

League Table

View attachment 82239

Still unbeaten. Sitting 2nd in the league after 13 games, only Malmo the pre season favourites in front of us.

Player of the Month

Felix Beijmo
DC

Appearances: 5
Goals: 1
Key Headers: 11
Average Rating: 7.52

Felix has been fantastic at the back over the past month. Currently on loan from rivals Malmo, I'd very much like towards signing him permanently.

Squad News

David Mitov Nilsson reached 200 appearances for the club.

Manager Views

Delighted to still be unbeaten at almost the halfway point of the season. Obviously really pleased to win the Swedish Cup and secure a place in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League.

European Update

European Competition Winners 2019/20

I thought I'd provide a bit of an update from around Europe as most of the major competitions have now come to a close for the 2019/2020 season...

English Premiership Winners: Manchester United
English Premiership Runners Up: Arsenal
English FA Cup Winners: Arsenal
English League Cup Winners: Manchester United

Spanish La Liga Winners: Real Madrid
Spanish La Liga Runners Up: Barcelona
Spanish Cup Winners: Barcelona

German Bundesliga Winners: Bayern Munich
German Bundesliga Runners Up: Bayer Leverkusen
German Cup Winners: Bayern Munich

French Ligue 1 Winners: Paris Saint Germain
French Ligue 1 Runners Up: Olympique Lyonnais
French Cup Winners: Paris Saint Germain
French Coupe de la Ligue Winners: Paris Saint Germain

Italian Serie A Winners: Juventus
Italian Serie A Runners Up: Inter Milan
Italian Cup Winners: Napoli

Holland Eredivisie Winners: Ajax
Holland Eredivisie Runners Up: PSV
Holland Dutch Cup Winners: PSV

Portuguese Premier League Winners: Porto
Portuguese Premier League Runners Up: Benfica
Taca de Portugal Winners: Porto

Scotland Premiership Winners: Celtic
Scotland Premiership Runners Up: Rangers
Scottish Cup Winners: Celtic

Champions League Winners: Real Madrid
Champions League Runners Up: AC Milan

Europa League Winners: Manchester City
Europa League Runners Up: Porto

European Super Cup Winners: Manchester United

June 2020 Review

June 2020 Review

There were no games played in June as the Swedish Premier Division had a 2 month break midway through the season. Some other updates below though...

Transfer Out

Sebastian Andersson has left the club and signed for Standard Liege for a fee of £1.1 million.

View attachment 82238

Transfer In

Callum Gribbin joined us from Manchester United for a fee of £450k.

View attachment 82237

New Contract

I signed a new 3 year contract worth £1400 per week.

Euro Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Draw

Following our Swedish Cup win, we have been entered into the 2nd qualifying round for the Europa League. We have been drawn against FC Levadia Tallinn from the Estonian Premier League.

European Championship 2020

European Championship 2020

Quick update on the European Championship 2020 that has finished this month...

Semi Finals...

Serbia 2 - 0 Italy
Croatia 1 - 3 Sweden

Final...

Serbia 1 - 2 Sweden

9bc88a3fe08ce3f1d22592c918f6e7c3

Serbia vs Sweden Euro final?! Blimey. Might put some money on that happening in real life, must be some crazy odds...

July 2020 Review

July 2020 Review

Results

Euro Cup 2nd Qualifying Stage 1st Leg
Levadia 0 - 3 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82083

Following on from the 2 month break, our first taste of competitive football again would be in Estonia against Levadia in the 2nd qualifying round of the Euro Cup. We got off to the perfect start scoring two goals within the opening 8 minutes. Borre then bagged his 2nd of the game to send us in at half time with a 3-0 lead. The score remained the same to the end and we take a healthy lead into the second leg.

Swedish Premier Division
IK Sirius 0 - 0 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 82081

A poor result against a lower team. Disappointing to only create 1 clear cut chance from 16! Nothing else to be said really.

Euro Cup 2nd Qualifying Stage 2nd Leg
IFK Norrkoping 5 - 0 Levadia

View attachment 82080

I was able to rest some key players for this one as we took a 3 goal lead into the second leg. And very quickly the tie was over as we increased our lead. 5 goals scored in the 2nd leg making it a very comfortably 8-0 aggregate win over the Estonian side.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 3 - 0 Ostersunds FK

View attachment 82082

Callum Gribbin struck a perfect free kick to get his first goal for the club and give us the lead mid way through the first half. 2 goals in the second half made it a pretty easy win in the end, and I'm glad to get 3 points from a team that we had already drawn with twice over 90 minutes already this season (1 league and 1 cup).

Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying Stage 1st Leg
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 0 FC Sion

View attachment 82079

The 3rd qualifying phase of the Euro Cup saw us come up against Swiss side FC Sion, who had finished 3rd in the Swiss Super League and we definitely expected more of a challenge than Levadia had put up in the previous round. In fact Sion were the favourites to win this game even though we were the home team. But we didn't play like outsiders at all, with my boys showing a confidence and swagger about them, creating 11 chances in the first half and restricting our opponents to none! We took a 1-0 lead in and I told the boys to keep doing what they were doing. And early in the 2nd half, Fritzson bagged his 2nd of the match to put us 2 up, a close range effort smashed into the roof of the net. It remained that way and we will take a two goal cushion to Switzerland.

League Table

View attachment 82078

Sitting 3rd but with a couple of games in hand over AIK in 2nd. Still undefeated this year, but unfortunately Malmo are also in fantastic form and at the moment we are just doing our best to keep pace with them.

Player of the Month

Daniel Sundgren
DR

Goals: 1
Assists: 0
Pass Completion Rate: 91%
Average Rating: 7.86

Daniel has been superb this month with one of the highest average ratings in a month I have seen as a manager in my career to date. Always a threat down the right wing and defensively sound too! As you can see from his passing accuracy, he very rarely gives the ball away either.

Squad News

The team continue to build on their unbeaten run! Generally I have a very happy squad.

Crystal Palace have come sniffing around Borre, my striker, with offers of £2.1 million and £2.4 million now rejected by me.

Manager Views

Extremely pleased to have made a decent start in Europe this month and hoping we can potentially make the group stage.

Still unbeaten and still only lost 1 game as Norrkoping manager!

How's your tactical familiarity? Maybe that has something to do with your inability to break teams down when they bed in and defend... Maybe it's just the match engine being harsh on possession tactics though

How's your tactical familiarity? Maybe that has something to do with your inability to break teams down when they bed in and defend... Maybe it's just the match engine being harsh on possession tactics though

I think it does have something to do with it as the familiarity last season was pretty slow to find, and we consistently drew games we should have won. This year it's been a **** of a lot better and I've noticed we have started to score more goals as the familiarity grew stronger. We're now pretty much completely familiar with all 3 of my preloaded tactics and the football is great to watch.

August 2020 Review

August 2020 Review

Results

Swedish Premier Division
Hammarby IF 0 - 3 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 81988

Back to league action and Ludvig Fritzson picked up where he left off in Europe with another 2 goals as we comprehensively beat our rivals 3-0!

Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying Stage 2nd Leg
FC Sion 1 - 2 IFK Norrkoping
(IFK Norrkoping win 4-1 on aggregate)

View attachment 81987

We certainly wasn't going to take this game lightly even though we had a 2 goal lead from the first leg. And we got off to a fantastic start, scoring within the first 10 minutes to increase our lead. Sion came back with an equalizer before half time, but my boys kicked on in the 2nd half with Borre smashing in from close range to bag his 10th goal of the season and put us 2-1 up in the leg and 4-1 on aggregate, and probably put the tie to bed. The score remained that way and I'm proud of the team for seeing us through to the playoff, against a team that were expected to knock us out.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 0 - 0 Orebro SK

View attachment 81986

Orebro were coming into this game off the back of a 4-0 win against Elfsborg, so we were expecting them to be in high spirits. They came into this with a very defensive setup and it seemed they were playing for a draw or to just catch us on the break. We couldn't crack them and find a way through to score, but at the same time we didn't do anything silly and remained composed at the back to keep a clean sheet ourselves. A 0-0 was probably a pretty fair result in what was a poor game.

Swedish Premier Division
Osters IF 2 - 3 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 81985

I was forced to rest some players for this one as we had a huge game against league leaders Malmo only 3 days away. And it looked like a safe decision as we went 3-0 up with about 25 minutes to go. We did our best to throw it away, conceeding 2 goals and looking extremely nervous in the final few minutes, but thankfully we'd done enough to secure the 3 points.

Swedish Premier Division
Malmo FF 1 - 0 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 81984

So could this be the end of a 30 match unbeaten run against the last team to beat us....that was my thoughts as we went into this one. Malmo were flying at the top of the league and we were still the only team to beat them this season, and I feared if we didn't repeat the feat today, we could possibly kiss goodbye to any chances of securing the league title ourselves this year. And it didn't look good as Malmo took the lead late into the first half and after a relatively drab 45 minutes of football they led 1-0 at half time. The boys got a kick up the **** at half time, something I've not had to do much this season! We tried hard in the 2nd half but when we Fjolusen gave away a penalty in the 75th minute, we thought it was all over....until the pen was put wildly over the bar and our hopes were reignited. But unfortunately frustration kicked in and after 2 sending offs towards the end, it wasn't to be and our 30 game unbeaten run had come to an end. From here, it would be an uphill struggle to catch Malmo as they stretch their lead over us to 12 points.

Euro Cup Playoff 1st Leg
SK Rapid Wien 2 - 1 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 81983

Rapid Wien were up next in the Euro Cup, and these guys were the favourites to win the Austrian Premier Division this year, and were sitting first with a perfect record of 4 games and 4 wins so far....so this was definitely not going to be a walk in the park. To be honest, I'd happily have taken a draw here before getting them back at our place. The first half was very tight with Wien pretty much scoring the only opportunity of the first 45 mins. The second half was a bit more open with both sides missing good chances, before super sub Nikolic raced through one on one and passed the ball past the keeper and into the net for the equalizer. From then on we dominated, and missed two clear opportunities to take the lead from both Nikolic and Bukva. We were punished for the misses late on as Wien put a free kick into the box and Hofmann rose above everyone to nod home to give them the win.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 0 IF Elfsborg

View attachment 81982

Elfsborg had been one of the biggest disappointments in the league this year and I expected my team to pile on the misery here. Borre gave us the lead on 29 minutes, after a pinpoint through ball from Fritzson who was turning out to be a revelation in his first season at the club. On the stroke of half time, we added a second....Callum Gribbin putting in a cross, the ball was chested down by Knudsen who squared it for Hadenius to fire it home for his 1st goal of the season on a rare appearance. We created some half chances in the 2nd half but the score remained 2-0 and I'm happy to get back to winning ways after 2 straight defeats in the league and Europe.

Euro Cup Playoff 2nd Leg
IFK Norrkoping 0 - 0 SK Rapid Wien
(SK Rapid Wien win 2-1 on aggregate)

View attachment 81981

A huge game for us with a 1 goal deficit to try to overturn. I went with a slightly more attacking formation from the off to try to get an early goal to enable us to relieve some pressure. It didn't work and Wien were the better team throughout the 1st half and we were probably lucky to go in level at half time. I changed things up a little at half time, asking the boys to focus a bit more down the flanks as I felt there were gaps to be exploited. The 2nd half was tight with both sides creating chances, but neither could take one and the game stayed 0-0. We was out of the Euro Cup at the Playoffs stage with a 2-1 aggregate loss.

League Table

View attachment 81980

There's definitely a top 4 and then 'the rest of the league'. We are sitting 3rd and have games in hand over two of the clubs. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll need Malmo to have a shocking run over the last 10 games to have any chance at winning the league.

Transfer Income

The club have received a £638k payment from the sale of Linus Wahlqvist from Paris Saint Germain to Atletico Madrid. The player moved for a sum of £18.2 million and we were due a 3.5% solidarity contribution.

Player of the Month

Jon Gudni Fjolusen
DC

Goals: 2
Assists: 0
Headers Attempted/Headers Won: 67/56
Average Rating: 7.62

Jon has been solid this month at the back, and has contributed with 2 goals as well.

Squad News

The team equalled a club record of 5 straight victories.

The team have now gone 30 games unbeaten in all competitions extending the club record considerably.

I triggered 1 year contract extensions for Tidjani Diawara (youth prospect doing well out on loan), Dennis Olsson and Joakim Konradsson (another good prospect).

David Mitov Nilsson set a new record for 15 clean sheets in a season. Nilsson held the previous club record of 14.

Hannover made an offer of £2 million for striker Rafael Santos Borre, which I rejected. Genoa also made an offer of £1.9 million for the striker, which I also rejected.

Sc Heerenveen made an offer of £500k for centre back Jon Gudni Fjoluson, which I rejected.

Galatasaray made a £2 million offer for central midfielder Eric Smith, which I rejected. Trabzonspor also made an offer of £1.7 million which was rejected.

Manager Views

A very busy schedule this month with all the European games too probably put a lot of pressure and fatigue on the players as we were forced to rotate more than I'd have probably liked. But we held pretty strong in the league, although we did suffer our first defeat of the season to Malmo. Disappointed to go out of Europe but at least it was against a team that was expected to beat us.

Last edited:
September 2020 Review

September 2020 Review

Results

Swedish Cup 2nd Round
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 0 Hudiksvalls FF

View attachment 81960

I was looking for the team to bounce back following the disappointment of going out of Europe. We started brightly and took the lead on 29 minutes through Porarinsson who volleyed in from a Gribbin cross. 10 minutes later Borre scored an almost identical goal but this time from a Sundgren cross, and we took a 2-0 lead into half time. The score remained that way as the 2nd half offered little excitement but happy to progress to next year's group stage in an attempt to retain the Swedish Cup.

Swedish Premier Division
Djurgardens IF 1 - 3 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 81959

Back to league action and chasing a much needed 3 points to keep tabs on Malmo. We took the lead through young Callum Gribbin, possibly one of our goals of the season, with a powerful effort from the corner of the 18 yard box straight into the top left corner of the net giving their keeper no chance. Midway through the first half, Borre connected with a Sundgren cross to put us 2 up. These two seemed to be connecting very well lately with Borre managing to get himself on the end of a lot of Sundgren's crosses. They managed to get one back after we failed to clear from a cross and Mrabti was there to hammer home. Djurgardens then gave it a ****** good go and we were under the kosh, so I was relieved when Bejimo put in our 3rd goal and gave us some breathing space, with a close range effort from a corner. A good solid win in the end.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 2 AIK

View attachment 81958

3rd vs 2nd here and a potential banana skin on the schedule for the final few games of the season. As you'd expect with a top of the table clash, it was proving to be a pretty tight game in the 1st half with both teams restricted to long shots. Luckily for us, one of ours went in on the stroke of half time, Borre hitting a wonderful shot from just outside the box which went in off the underside of the crossbar. Early in the 2nd half, AIK were level, breaking from one of our own corners to catch us on the break and even the scores. But it only lasted 4 minutes as Borre fired us back in front. I think we were then robbed for their equalizer as their striker clearly looked offside as a cross came in from the right wing, but the linesman's flag stayed down and it was 2-2. Borre had a late chance for his hat trick but missed from close range and the game finished in a draw.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 0 - 1 Kalmar FF

View attachment 81957

Wow...our most dominant performance of the whole season and we lose!! I'm literally speechless!!

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 0 Jonkopings Sodra IF

View attachment 81956

I demanded before the game that we put in a better performance than last time out against bottom of the league Kalmar! Especially as Jonkopings were sitting in the top 4 with us and fighting for a Euro Cup place (top 3). And 5 minutes in we scored to put us 1 up....Borre getting on the scoresheet after a disappointing day in front of goal last time out (which the fans really got on his back about). Borre then turned provider for Knudsen to slot home and we were 2 up inside 14 minutes!! What a reaction from my boys! No more goals followed but I didn't care as this was a huge win in the race for a Euro Cup spot.

Swedish Premier Division
Orgryte IS 1 - 4 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 81955

A comfortable victory in which Buvka got the first hat trick of any player under my reign since I've been in football management. Well done lad!

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 1 IFK Goteborg

View attachment 81954

An early penalty put Goteborg in front in this game and I was very aware that the last time we went 1-0 down, we couldnt break down Kalmar and ended up losing. So I was pleased when we got an equalizer only 12 minutes later. We went on to dominate from there but it wasn't until the final 3 minutes when we got the winner, Eric Smith attacking the box from deep to fire a powerful shot home from about 8 yards! Another win on the board in an attempt to cement that 2nd place spot.

League Table

View attachment 81953

1st looks a long distant way off now with Malmo keeping up their excellent form. But we are certainly favourites for 2nd spot with a game in hand and points to spare.

Player of the Month

Rafael Santos Borre
ST

Appearances: 7
Goals: 5
Assists: 3
Shots: 31
Average Rating: 7.43

Borre has been fantastic this month scoring 5 goals and setting up another 3.

Squad News

Andreas Hadenius signed a new 2 year contract as a backup player with a salary of £1,200 per week.

Ludvig Fritzson signed a new 2 year contract as a first team player with a salary of £2,900 per week.

Daniel Sundgren made his 100th appearance for the club.

Eric Smith set a new club record for the most man of match awards in a season with 6. The previous record of 5 was set by Andreas Johansson in 2016.

Young Callum Gribbin will be out for 7 months after breaking his leg in the game against Jonkopings Sodra IF.

Manager Views

I'm gutted that we've had such a good season and are not in with a chance of winning the league! We've only lost 2 games all year and have 1 of the best defences in the league. The boys have done me proud, it's just a shame we are not playing for anything more than 2nd place.

October 2020 Review

October 2020 Review

Results

Swedish Premier Division
Jonkopings Sodra IF 1 - 5 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 81877

We got off to the worst possible start, but immediately hit back and the game was 1-1 within only 7 minutes. Eric Smith then banged in his 2nd of the game and 4th in the past 2 games....all from centre midfield this guy was an animal and it's easy to see why he'd become my favourite player this season. Early in the 2nd half, Bukva scored a sublime effort into the top corner from about 30 yards to put us 3-1 up and we were looking good to beat Jonkopings for the 2nd time in a month. Bachirou got in on the act and made it 4-1, before Calisir headed an own goal for our 5th and this was quickly becoming one of our biggest wins of the season.

Swedish Premier Division
BK Hacken 0 - 3 IFK Norrkoping

View attachment 81876

BK Hacken were up next and Borre got us off to a pretty decent start, smashing home to put us in the lead within 16 minutes. That was Borre's 17th goal of the season and the race was now on to see if he could get to 20 with only this and 2 other games left. And he got number 18 just before half time after a dreadful kick out from the Hacken goalkeeper fell straight to him and with no defenders and just the goalie to beat, Borre made no mistake in putting us 2 up. 53 minutes in and we get a pretty soft penalty, and there was only one man stepping up for this one. Daniel Sundgren forfeited his usual penalty taking duties, to allow Borre to step up and score for his hat trick and put the game to bed. Another 3 points as we rack up 5 wins in a row.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 2 - 0 Syrianska FC

View attachment 81875

We welcomed Syrianska FC for the penultimate game of the season and a win would give us a club record 6 wins in a row. Again we got off to a decent start, this time an unlikely goalscorer in defensive midfielder Hadenius as he hit a sweet first time curling shot from just outside the area on 12 minutes to put us in front. Alexandre Vincent then added his 1st goal of the season late on to secure the 3 points. Pleased for the lad as he has only recently returned from 4 months out with injury....not the best way to spend his first season at the club. Another win and a new club record set. The result also guaranteed the 2nd place finish for the season with a game to go.

Swedish Premier Division
IFK Norrkoping 1 - 0 IK Sirius

View attachment 81874

Finished the final game of the season with a standard 1-0 win over an IK Sirius side who had won 4 of their last 5 and had hit some form toward the end of the season. Probably should have been more than 1 goal but I'll take any victory on the final day to end the season on a high.

League Table

View attachment 81873

We finished the season with a club record 68 points and still didn't win the title which is a little hard to take. Our tally of 68 points would have won the title for the previous 4 seasons so that shows how good a season we did have, just unfortunately for us Malmo had the season of a lifetime to beat us to the title.

We finished with only 2 losses, and the best defence in the league.

Player of the Month

Rafael Santos Borre
ST

Appearances: 4
Goals: 4
Dribbles: 9
Average Rating: 7.60

Borre gets player of the month for a 2nd month in a row as he continued the fantastic goalscoring form into October, banging in 4 in 4 games and popping up with another assist too.

Incoming Transfer

I was presented with the opportunity to sign Abdou Traore on a free transfer through the recommendation of my scouts. With the recent long term injury to Callum Gribbin, I thought it would be a good idea to bring in extra cover for the inside forward roles and Traore has some very good stats on paper.

View attachment 81872

Squad News

3 of our players have been tipped to win the Swedish Player of the Year award. They are Eric Smith, Felix Bejimo and Ludvig Fritzson.

Eric Smith has also been tipped to win the Swedish Premier Division Player of the Year award.

The team set a new club record for 7 consecutive wins. The previous record was 5.

The team also set a new club record for the most points accumulated in a season at 68. The previous record was 66.

Manager Views

So proud of the boys this year. We have won the Swedish Cup for the first time in nearly 30 years and racked up a record amount of points in the league, only to finish 2nd. We were fantastic all year and with only 2 defeats in the league to our name and the best defence, I couldn't be happier with the lads effort this season. Hopefully we can repeat it next year and go one step further and become champions.

The board have agreed to fund my next coaching course, the National A License which I will study for the next 4 months at a cost of £600 to the club.

Last edited:
End of Season Player Stats 2020

End Of Season Player Stats

Top Average Rating (in relation to appearances):

1st: Felix Bejimo - CB - 31 appearances - 7.47
2nd: Eric Smith - MC - 35 appearances - 7.44
3rd: Daniel Sundgren - RB - 40 appearances - 7.36

Top Goalscorers:

1st: Rafael Santos Borre - ST - 20
2nd: Ludvig Fritzson - AML - 13
3rd: Eric Smith - MC - 10

Top Assists:

1st: Eric Smith - MC - 11
2nd: Daniel Sundgren - RB - 10
3rd: Ludvig Fritzson - AML - 7

View attachment 81871 View attachment 81870 View attachment 81869

League Changes

Game League Changes

I have taken the decision to change the loaded leagues in my game save. As my reputation has grown as a manager, leading a team to 2nd position in the top league in Sweden, I figured that I would no longer need some of the lower reputation leagues in my game save anymore as to manage in those leagues would be a step back in my career now.....And I have replaced them with some slightly better leagues. But I haven't gone as far as including any of the top leagues as my reputation is probably still some way off managing at that level.

Leagues Removed From Game;

Austria - Premier Division & First Division
Hungary - Division I & Division II
Israel - Premier League & National League
Iceland - Premier Division & First Division
Finland - Premier League & First Division

Leagues Added To Game;

Belgium - Pro League A, Pro League B & First Amateur Division
Scotland - Premiership, Championship, League 1 & League 2
Switzerland - Super League & Challenge League
Ukraine - Premier League & First League
Holland - Eredivisie & Jupiler League

Swedish Player Awards

Eric Smith Wins Swedish Player of the Year Award

Eric Smith has been awarded the Swedish Player of the Year award.

Eric also won the Swedish Midfielder of the Year.

Felix Bejimo was also named as the Swedish Defender of the Year.

View attachment 81868

Eric Smith wins Swedish Premier Division Player of the Year

Another Award for Eric Smith

Eric Smith has added another award to his collection, following his fantastic season. He has now been awarded the Swedish Premier Division Player of the Year.

View attachment 81867

2 Players Named in Team of the Year

2 Players Selected in
Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year

Eric Smith (MC) and David Mitov Nilsson (GK) have both been selected in the Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year.

View attachment 81866

Swedish Cup Group Draw

Svenskacupen.jpg

Swedish Cup Draw

Following qualification for the Swedish Cup last year, the groups have been drawn and we've been handed what would seem to be a relatively straight forward draw against 3 teams from lower leagues. It will also see is play Norrby IF again who were in our group last year....we beat them 3-0.

Swedish Cup Group Stage
Group 2

IFK Norrkoping - Swedish Premier Division
Falkenbergs FF - Swedish First Division Elite
Norrby IF - Swedish First Division Elite
Karlstad BK - Swedish First Division North

Fixtures

21/02 - Karlstad BK - Home
28/02 - Falkenbergs FF - Away
07/03 - Norrby IF - Away

November 2020 - February 2021 Review

November 2020 - February 2021 Update

Here's the update on what's gone on over the 4 months between the end of last season and pre season for 2021.

Profit/Loss

The club announced losses of £4.8 million which meant there was no tax bill to pay. The board have informed me this will result in tighter budgets for next season.

Prize Money

The club were awarded £558k for finishing 2nd in last season's Premier Division.

Affiliations

The club have no affiliations in place.

Sponsorship

The club announced 2 new sponsorship deals totalling £1.7 million per annum.
The most notable deal was with a soft drinks company worth £975k per year.

View attachment 81630

Membership Fees

The club have received £104,000 in membership fees over the course of last season. A rise of £9,000 on last year.

TV Rights

The Swedish FA have informed us that the club will receive £1.04 million over the course of the season for TV rights. A rise of £48,000 on last year.

Budgets

The board have informed me of next year's budgets...

The transfer budget will be only £214k.
The wage budget will be £105,000 per week. Current spend is £118,000 so this will need to be addressed, potentially through the sale of players.

New Coaching Course For Me

The board have agreed to fund a new coaching course for me. Over the next 4 months, I will complete a course to gain a National A License. The cost to the club is £600.

Backroom Staff

No changes to backroom staff as everyone signed new contracts.

Sweden Rankings

We have been ranked as the 5th most reputable team in Sweden.

Contract Updates

Released from club:

Jamie Hopcutt - AMRL - Not good enough
Anton Wede - MC - Tried to keep him but the player chose to accept an offer from Rangers

New Contracts:

Jon Guoni Fjolusen - CB - Signed a new 3 year contract as a key player worth £2,800 per week
Oscar Linner - GK - Signed a new 2 year contract as a backup player worth £1,200 per week

Outgoing Transfers

Felix Bejimo - DC - Loan deal expired/Returned to Malmo FF
Tried to extend loan but Malmo are looking to play Felix in their first team this season

View attachment 81629

Guomundur Porarinsson - MC - £1.4 million to Legia
Player wanted to leave club to further his career. I tried to keep him but to no avail.

View attachment 81628

Freddie Brorsson - MR/AMR- £300k to Haugesund
Played in my reserves since I joined, not made one start for me. £300k seemed like a cracking deal.

View attachment 81627

Adin Bukva - AMLR/ST- £575k to Valerenga
Felt this was a good offer for a squad rotation player who I saw playing a lot less next season.

View attachment 81626

Sebastian Starke Hedlund - DC - £99k to Sarpsborg
Player came to me asking for more first team football. I couldn't give it to him so agreed he could leave the club for the good of his career.

View attachment 81625

Incoming Transfers

Petur Orn Hilmarsson - ST - Signed for £22k from Fjolnir
Youth prospect looks good with 15 finishing at the age of 18

View attachment 81624

Freddy Winsth - DR - Signed for £35k from IFK Varnamo
Backup right back to cover Daniel Sundgren

View attachment 81622

Filip Djukic - GK - Signed on season long loan from FC Kobenhavn
My number one goalkeeper has been making noises about wanting to leave the club so Djukic was brought in as a failsafe in case it happens

View attachment 81621

Youth's Promoted

The following players have been promoted from the youth teams to the senior team and I intend to give them opportunities this season.

Niklas Johansson - MC/DM
Nationality: Sweden

View attachment 81620

Axel Andersson - DC
Nationality: Finland

View attachment 81619

Tidjani Diawara - ST
Nationality: Sweden

View attachment 81618