I've only started using this tactic at the end of the pre-season (2 friendlies) and now the first official game, just look at the score...
Except maupay, tomkins and williams I have the standard cardiff team.

I've only started using this tactic at the end of the pre-season (2 friendlies) and now the first official game, just look at the score...
Except maupay, tomkins and williams I have the standard cardiff team.

Fantastic result !
Keep me posted with your achievements.

Great tactic, really great, I mean just look at the results, I beat liverpool 2-0 although I only had 1 fit striker, I had to use gunnarson as a DLF, maupay has been out for most of the start of the season so I only had cornelius and bellamy, who is 34 and i hadn't used him in the first season at all, he was unfit.
I f*cked up at wigan and hull, it was my fault because the players were really tired.
The rest, just judge for yourselves :)

Btw, I didn't use any oi, no team cohesion/tactics in pre-season, absolutely nothing, just plugged it in, played 2 friendlies(starting from wimbledon game) with it and the rest is history :)

Great tactic, really great, I mean just look at the results, I beat liverpool 2-0 although I only had 1 fit striker, I had to use gunnarson as a DLF, maupay has been out for most of the start of the season so I only had cornelius and bellamy, who is 34 and i hadn't used him in the first season at all, he was unfit.
I f*cked up at wigan and hull, it was my fault because the players were really tired.
The rest, just judge for yourselves :)

Btw, I didn't use any oi, no team cohesion/tactics in pre-season, absolutely nothing, just plugged it in, played 2 friendlies(starting from wimbledon game) with it and the rest is history :)

Excelent games for you mate !
And again, the defence is beast. Cardiff on the 4th place is really something.

Keep me posted with your progres, please.

Will try this out with Leicester in the Championship first season :)

should, hopefully do a great job!

thanks

Ok here comes another update. Just finished first season and ended up being 2nd. It was a bit of a let down as you can see from my results from february and onwards I have a lot of draws and problems scoring. This can be down to different things.

1.I have a fair bit of new players that have not gelled fully.

2.That the tactic is more of a underdog tactic. Since I have been doing so well in the league, teams are starting to sit back and park the bus against me and I have problems breaking them down.

3.Or that the injuries were piling up in the 2nd half of the season.

View attachment 466923View attachment 466922View attachment 466921

I was thinking if I should try it with one of the best teams in the game and for this formation I guess Juventus would the obvious choice, but I am always open to suggestions.

Ok here comes another update. Just finished first season and ended up being 2nd. It was a bit of a let down as you can see from my results from february and onwards I have a lot of draws and problems scoring. This can be down to different things.

2.That the tactic is more of a underdog tactic. Since I have been doing so well in the league, teams are starting to sit back and park the bus against me and I have problems breaking them down.

View attachment 392048View attachment 392051View attachment 392052

I was thinking if I should try it with one of the best teams in the game and for this formation I guess Juventus would the obvious choice, but I am always open to suggestions.

Yeah, I had the same problem with cardiff, I only managed to finish 8th. The team doesn't perform as well in middle season and I also had a lot of injuries, especially defenders, they get injured so **** often, it's like they are made out of glass, I've attached a print screen.
But I really like this tactic, i'll keep testing it with another team, a real **** team, maybe crystal palace, no transfers and see if I can get into an europa league place in the first season, that has been my biggest challenge for fm 2013 and the one I've tried over 20-30 tactics with.

Third season, I just missed the last ucl spot by a point, but I had a better team, I bought javier hernandez and vagner love.

To k3ros3x, good job, this might be my favourite tactic for this year. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the same problem with cardiff, I only managed to finish 8th. The team doesn't perform as well in middle season and I also had a lot of injuries, especially defenders, they get injured so **** often, it's like they are made out of glass, I've attached a print screen.
But I really like this tactic, i'll keep testing it with another team, a real **** team, maybe crystal palace, no transfers and see if I can get into an europa league place in the first season, that has been my biggest challenge for fm 2013 and the one I've tried over 20-30 tactics with.

Third season, I just missed the last ucl spot by a point, but I had a better team, I bought javier hernandez and vagner love.

I had the injury problem with my midfielders. In the second part of the season i just had to go with whoever was fit and hope that I had someone coming back from injury to put on the bench. No problems with my defenders, Distin player every league game and Jagielka only missed out on one.

But, yes I have to agree one of my favourite tactics this year too and it does not matter that it came out late, because I will keep playing FM13 until the last patch for FM14 is out anyway so I have another 6 months :)

try setting your wing backs to cut inside, i use this on mine and it opens up play and gets your players in positions to score or create goals

You could be right, it could be an under-dog tactic. I mean, I've done it with Atalanta, not a top 3 team in Italy.

Thanks for testing it. For me a 2nd place with Everton it's a great achievement.

If you want to test it more you can do it with a team that maybe suits the tactic. Like Juventus as you said, or..don't know. Inter, Liverpool, Bayern.

You finished 5th, not 8 :))
But again a very, very good position for a team like Cardiff.

If you could do that test you want, it will be great. Thanks for testing it and updating me !

You finished 5th, not 8 :))

Lol, no, that first pic is from mid-season, when the **** injuries hit me, it happend in the 2nd season when i finished 8th place, I finished 5th only in the third season :p
It's easy to make a mistake because i've accidentally cut-out the date from the printscreen.

Last edited:
Lol, no, that first pic is from mid-season, when the **** injuries hit me, it happend in the 2nd season when i finished 8th place, I finished 5th only in the third season :p
It's easy to make a mistake because i've accidentally cut-out the date from the printscreen.

Oh, ok. But still for me a 8th place with Cardiff it's still something good.

As I've said, you can test it further with any team you want. Even with Palace it will be great. Thanks again !

Oh, ok. But still for me a 8th place with Cardiff it's still something good.

As I've said, you can test it further with any team you want. Even with Palace it will be great. Thanks again !

Ofc it's good, If I had a bit more luck with injuries..... also I didn't have a full pre-season with the tactic in the second season and I didn't bother with too much team management, I just plugged it in and went with it.
Tomorrow I'll try the tactic properly with crystal palace, from the start of the game, with pre-season friendlies, team cohesion and all the other important settings and then we'll hopefully have something really nice coming along, cheers.

Ofc it's good, If I had a bit more luck with injuries..... also I didn't have a full pre-season with the tactic in the second season and I didn't bother with too much team management, I just plugged it in and went with it.
Tomorrow I'll try the tactic properly with crystal palace, from the start of the game, with pre-season friendlies, team cohesion and all the other important settings and then we'll hopefully have something really nice coming along, cheers.

Good luck mate ! Hope you will qualify for UCL, not just EL :D

What sort of players am I looking at for the mid, defensive for the outside and a playmaker in the middle? or two allrounders with a creative AP?