It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!

Thanks Striker,you realise I have Ochoa dont you :)

Not your best month but Delac will certainly push Ochoa's #1 jersey all the way.

Yes should do, bought him and he should push Ochoa and Akinfeev for the Number 1. Definitely should be there for the future :)

great signing in Delac mate his a quality little keeper on fm10 and usually on my chelsea saves takes over from cech as my number 1 keeper :)

Still going strong Dan, keep up the quality!

OMG

Just read from page 1 for the 1st time and this story is the best I've ever seen

WOW

Quick question for you Dan, what position and role do you play Verratti in? Ive got him for Chelsea in the same season as you, but you seem to get alot more out of him than I do...

any advice mate?

picture.php

WHUFC.com February Update

marco_verratti.jpg

Here is the February Update from West Ham United's official website.

The first game in February was a home game against Manchester City. For the second game in a row, the Hammers did not look like making much happen. City winger Barry Meijer shot home from 8 yards to give the away side the lead. For the rest of the game, Oakes's side had many chances but none were clear cut. They challenged the keeper a few side but a breakthrough did not come. The away side went away with a valuable three points.

View attachment 111546

In the second time in a week, West Ham faced up against Manchester City in the FA Cup. This time the game was at Eastlands. It looked to be a different story to their last meeting when Marek Hamsik struck home inside the first twenty minutes. The next twenty minutes of the match looked pretty equal until Carlos Tevez cancelled out Hamsik's effort in the first minute of added time. The game finished one goal a piece and a replay will be played in two weeks time.

View attachment 111547

On the 14th March, West Ham played their first leg ot the knockout stage in Europe against Atletico Madrid at the Vicente Calderon. The home side started emphatically with a number of attacking players going close. Englishman Adam Johnson scored the opener inside the first quarter of an hour. A fairly equal game ended when Daniel Vogel notched an invaluable away goal three minutes into injury time and sent loyal West Ham fans away with confidence.

View attachment 111548

After their expedition in Spain against Madrid, Oakes's side had a rather more homely game, against Birmingham City at Upton Park. Edin Dzeko started the scoring after just sixteen minutes. He soon double the lead on the half an hour mark. It went to half time and the away side looked all over the place. After the break, it looked nothing different as the Hammers were dominating. Vice captain Marek Hamsik made it three five minutes after resuming play. The fourth came from striker Daniel Vogel three minutes after the hour mark with a brilliant finish. After 76 minutes, English playmaker Alex Francis smashed home the latest goals to give the champions a brilliant 5-0 win.

View attachment 111549

Next came another game that Oakes expected to win when his side took on Wolverhampton Wanderers on home soil. After just seven minutes it was clear who would win the game. This was due to Marek Hamsik opening the scoring after three minutes and it was doubled four minutes later. Twenty minutes after half time, Oliveira put the game beyond doubt with a great finish. Fifteen minutes from time, full back Diego Redondo completed a great run by completing a great goal.

View attachment 111550

League Table

View attachment 111551

Last edited:
Great installment mate :D. Really glad your keeping this going :) Good wins against Birmingham and Wolves :)

Good stuff, mate. Unlucky vs City, but that away goal vs Madrid will be invaluable and well done against the Brummies :D

picture.php

Carling Cup Final

West Ham United v Bolton Wanderers

Soldado00.jpg

Today, West Ham United competed in the 2017 Carling Cup Final against Bolton. The current Premier League champions started with only three first team regulars in the shape of Marco Verratti, Roberto Soldado and Trevor Walker. Youngsters featured in the squad included Diego Redondo and Rene Sabajo. The Bolton side they faced off against looked at full strength.

The class soon shone through as classy playmaker, Alex Francis struck the Hammers into the lead after just four minutes. Just after the half hour mark, Marco Verratti doubled the lead with a sweatly strucken free kick. Club talisman put the game beyond doubt with a strike that we are used to the Spanishman knocking home. Daniel Oakes's West Ham side had nothing more to add for the last fiffty minutes of the game and stormed to another cup victory.

View attachment 111561

Carling-Cup-trophy_2318013.jpg

Daniel Oakes said:
I am delighted to once again hold the Carling Cup trophy. My mix of youngsters and first team players have really done me proud. It made me even more proud when Roberto notched home the goal to put the game beyond doubt. Now we must focus on picking up more trophies.

Yes! Well done, mate, another deserved win and another deserved honour!

picture.php

WHUFC.com produce March Update

marek_hamsik_gol.jpg

March is the time of year, and here is the update from the official website.

The month began with the fifth round replay in the FA Cup with Manchester City. In what looked to be a tough game, Oakes would be so determined to progress. In a quick start to the game, Edin Dzeko opened the scoring with a well placed finish. Club captain Roberto Soldado then doubled the lead with another good finish. A minute later, Manchester City veteran Carlos Tevez struck home to give their team a fighting chance. Swiss striker Daniel Vogel then extended the holder's lead with a beautiful finish to a great move. Vogel then made his game better after scoring his second just four minutes after his first and West Ham were looking their best. Twelve minutes from time, Roberto Soldado completed the scoring to notch a fantastic five goals to one victory for their great manager.

View attachment 111566

It seemed that as soon as they qualified for the next round of the FA Cup, it was soon upon them. The Hammers took on Championship side Hull City at Upton Park. Daniel Vogel gave the home team the advantage after just seven minutes with a mightily polished finish. Hull never really threatened the greatest side in the country and they finally doubled their lead after 72 minutes. It looked as if they would make it three only for Eric Kuipers to miss from the spot. West Ham qualify for the next round with minimal fuss.

View attachment 111567

The pressure was cranked up again at Upton Park as West Ham faced off against Atlético Madrid in the Second leg of their Champions league clash. The game started off very dull and it was only after half an hour that the first real chance was created. Yet it was only after way over an hour before the first goal was scored. It went to West Ham, Roberto Soldado broke free of the defence to score a trademark finish. West Ham were looking relatively comgortable with their lead until Raul Garcia broke free and notched Atletico's goal on 82 minutes. So, the game went to extra time. After eleven minutes, playmaker Marco Verratti popped up to score a fantastic strike that meritted of a cup win. It was a nervous fifteen minutes plus for West Ham but they defended it out. They will now face off against Valencia in the next round.

View attachment 111568

After the tense game against Atlético Madrid, West Ham were billed to travel to Watford. The Hammers did not look their impressive selves and it took fifty minutes for them to break the deadlock. It was none other than centre back Nikita Vasiljev that popped up and scored from a well placed header. Marek Hamsik doubled the lead eight minutes later before James Vaughan slotted home a consolation goal just before the 80 minute mark. It wasn't pretty but it was a win for Oakes's side.

View attachment 111569

Next in the month came the visiting Potters to Upton Park. What looked like an easy game for the Claret's soon seemed to become one. Goals from Daniel Vogel, Roberto Soldado, Steve King and Anatoly Melnik handed the Hammers a comfortable four goal win.

View attachment 111570

In what appeared to be the hardest game of the month, West Ham travelled a short distance to North London rivals Tottenham. Omer Toprak notched the opener for Spurs with a well placed finish after 35 minutes. Just six minutes later, Gareth Bale put the game beyond reach of the champions with a fantastic goal. West Ham were very poor and suffered their first defeat of the month. Fans were heard to be disgusted at the result.

View attachment 111571

In the last game of the month, West Ham travelled to Spain to take on Valencia in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League. In the very first minute of the game, Roberto Soldado scored a well placed finish to give the English side an invaluable away goal. Just twenty minute later, Marco Verratti doubled the Hammers lead and they looked like they were flying. As much as the home side tried, they could not break down West Ham's defence and the Hammers walked away with a brilliant result.

View attachment 111572

Managers Comments

Daniel Oakes said:
I am delighted with how we have performed this month. It looks like we have fully recovered from our slump of early last month and although we came up short against Spurs, there were some very impressive performances this month. UP THE HAMMERS!!

Very well done in Europe, great against Valencia, and especially against City, unlucky against Spurs though mate. :S

Very much like the layout, much more dedication shown than with most stories, including my own. I couldn't possibly find time to write a debrief of every match.

Nice mate, hope you continue on with more good stuff in FM11.

Very much like the layout, much more dedication shown than with most stories, including my own. I couldn't possibly find time to write a debrief of every match.

Nice mate, hope you continue on with more good stuff in FM11.

Thanks a lot Jake :) I am not sure what will be happening for FM11 yet but one thing is for sure that this story is still going strong :D