It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!

Wooo. Lets win the final then mate eh? :D Good luck though buddy, another great update!

European Championship 2016 Final

Where?

camp_nou_fosters_oct07_2.jpg

Spain have no national starium as such but Barcelona's Nou Camp stadium will host the final of Euro 2016. Real Madrid's stadium, the Santiago Bernabeu was expected to host the final but the Camp Nou just about got the nod. This is a huge advantage to Spain where they will have a **** of a lot of fans behind them. It is expected that the final will grab full capacity of just under 100,000 spectators.

The Teams

Spain_Shirt_Badge_2008-logo-9E7AC6EFE3-seeklogo.com.gif
v
pt.png

The betting:

90 minutes: Spain 11/10 Draw 9/4 Portugal 5/2

To lift the trophy: Spain 4/6 Portugal 11/8

Team News:

Spain:

Sergio Ramos suspended
Roberto Soldado out
Gerard Romero out
Andrés Iniesta is doubtful to start after picking up an injury in the first game of the Championships.

iniesta_archivo-marca-com.jpg

Iniesta: Expected to be out for Spain

Portugal:

José Bosingwa out

Bosingwa_portugal.jpg

Chelsea right back Bosingwa the only injured player for Porugal.

Lineups

Spain

Pepe Reina

Jesus Gamez................Gerard Pique.............Raul Albiol............Ander Garmendia

Sergio Busquets

Cesc Fabregas..............Ander

David Silva

Fernando Torres......................Bojan Krkic

Portugal

Rui Patricio

Fernando..............Bruno Alves..............Pepe..............Julio Lopes

Miguel Veloso

Adrien....................Joao Moutinho

Cristiano Ronaldo.............................................................Nani

Oliveira

Key Men

cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-captain.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo will undoubtedly be a massive threat to the Spain defence. The 31 year old has looked dangerous in the competition so far and everybody knows his class.

ful8290807_005_07_17335_sq_medium.jpg

Bojan is in arguably the best form in his career. The Barcelona is the top scorer in the competition so far with six goals. He has been coming off the bench for a couple of his games, but without Soldado he will be a threat to Portugal from the start. This man is expected to be the main man for Spain.

Both line ups look very strong but I would have to say that Spain are the favourites due to home advantage.

Last edited:
Best of luck mate, shall be following to see the outcome :D.

Oooh.. I'm torn on who to support!!

Either way I'll be happy :)

Was praying that you'd take David Villa as he's only 2 goals away from breaking the all time international record. I've been playing him constantly to get him to break it but I ran out of games..

Good luck Dan :)

Gonna play it in a little while, when I have played some Fifa. Might even wait till I get back from work tonight :) Keep you in suspense! I am a bit upset that Villa did not come now :'(

Thought I should tell you, but thought "Nah he'll take him.. It's David Villa".. but no :(

Finally some people that know the know soldado ! he has scored around 60 goals in 2 seasons in my game (not for me) and is looking amazing, is he worth buying from the start and what role shoudl i play him as. Also can i ask for a screen shot of him in your game please ! thanks alot ! :)

Cmon dan get the update up :p cant wait for it lol.

DMF you done dan proud for sure

European Championships 2016

Final

Spain 2- 1 Portugal

View attachment 109295 Fernando Torres 45+3
View attachment 109295 Daniel Parejo 86

fernando_torres_spain_espana.jpg

After going a goal behind, the reigning champions came back brilliantly to secure yet another European Championship crown. West Ham striker Oliveira gave Portugal the lead after just 8 minutes and Spain looked all at sea. Fernando Torres got the equaliser just before half time and it was just what they needed. After an action packed second half, substitute Daniel Parejo popped up and nailed home the winner.

View attachment 109296

photo.cms

Daniel Oakes said:
I am absolutely delighted at my team for bringing home the trophy that I always expected us to retain. To win it three times in a row now is simply unbelieveable. I am particularly pleased with Bojan as he has come into the side and he has impressed immensely, scoring six goals for us. He was also second behind Ronaldo for player of the tournament and I am proud of him. I am also proud of my youngster that came in under much criticism but I must say that they did a fantastic job. I will be staying here, at least until after the World Cup in 2018 to see if we can lift that trophy aswell.

That is a truly astonishing achievement mate. Many congrats. Portugal couldn't touch that ;) good lick for your season ahead with the hammers :)

Dan this story just keeps getting better and better.... how many trophies have you won in total now then?? ive lost count haha...keep up the good work!!

West Ham boss takes first Press Conference

2309742807_9dae52cacf.jpg

We sit here today with West Ham manager Daniel Oakes in his firsr press conference since returning to the hot seat.

Interviewer: Daniel, how do you feel to be back at Upton Park?

Oakes: I feel brilliant. I feel I did need the year off to spend some time away fromthe game but now I am so glad to be back.

Interviewer: Are you impressed by your friend Daniel Feliciano's management of the club?

Oakes: I am absolutely flabbergasted how well he stepped into the role.He did not have much notice from me that he would be getting the job but to secure the quadruple was some feat.

Interviewer: What do you think of some of the new personnel that Feliciano brought into the club?

Oakes: Again, I am very impressed. I am very pleased especially with the acquisition of Rene Sabejo, who looks particularly impressing.

Interviewer: Moving on, do you believe that you will make any transfers to strengthen your side this season?

Oakes: That is a serious possibility. Although Daniel did a great job in the transfer market, I still believe we look a little short defensively. I will look to patch that up.

Interviewer: Thank you for your time.

Oakes: It is my pleasure.

chiellini.jpg

Oakes reveals that defence will be the priority in the transfer market, will Chiellini be a possibility?

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Duo leave West Ham for Eastlands as young trio join

DIEGO+renan.gif

Diego Renan has today completed a controversial £19 million move to the City of Manchester Stadium. Diego Renan was rumoured to be on his way out when he refused a new contract at West Ham. He was rumoured to 'want a new challenge'. Renan signed for West Ham for £15.25 million back in 2009.

Daniel Oakes said:
I am disappointed to see Diego leave the club as he was a very good player for the club. However, he wanted to leave to find a new challenge and I was never going to keephim here against his will. I settled for the £19 million deal that Manchester City offered me as this was the only offer at the table. I wish Diego the best of luvk for the rest of his career.

miguel-veloso_76716.jpg

The second key sale at Upton Park happened when Daniel Oakes agreed on a £11 million fee for 30 year old midfielder Miguel Veloso. Oakes was rumoured to want to get rid of the player due to the high wages he burdened on the club. Veloso signed for West Ham in 2012 for a fee of £22.5 million.

Daniel Oakes said:
Although Miguel was a key player for us, I felt I needed to get rid of himfor the fortunes of the club. He is 30 years old and although a very good player, I have players at the club that can do his job so I looked to get him off the wage budget. When Manchester City came in, I snapped their hands off.

Arrivals

Stuart Haworth

View attachment 109399

Daniel Oakes said:
Stuart agreed to sign for us before I came back and I must agree with Daniel that he looks like a top prospect. He will be sure to start in our defence in a couple of years once he has learned his trade out on loan.

Valentine Yakubu

View attachment 109400

Daniel Oakes said:
Vakentine was another player that agreed to sign before I came back. Valentine looks like he will be a talented player and I will look to give him some first team experience straight away this season.

Ricky Parker

View attachment 109401

Daniel Oakes said:
Yet another central defender joins the club and I now feel that we are strong in this area. I believe that Ricky looks like the strongest and the hottest prospect of the loit and I will be sure to keep an eye out for him in the coming months.

Transfers in full

View attachment 109409

Daniel Oakes said:
I am very happy with my dealings so far and I don't think we are finished quite yet. I have plenty of resources available to me and I will not be afraid to use them if I find it necessary.

Last edited:
If you guys could vote for me in the story of the year poll, that would be much appreciated. Much Love, Dan :wub:

Great story dan one the best on the site i wish i could make such a great story ;)

Im guessin with FM11 nearly out...this story will be finishing soon??? hope I'm wrong tho... id start up a story but so much work to do just don't have the time lol

This story is awesome Dan seriously! cant believe its been going for so long, best on the site by a long way!!

Just read through all of this again.

From Dan to DMF to Dan, all of it has been brilliant and a true contender for story of the site.

Amazing work lads. :')

Just read through all of this again.

From Dan to DMF to Dan, all of it has been brilliant and a true contender for story of the site.

Amazing work lads. :')

What he said. In a nutshell :D

West Ham unveil new kits for 16/17 season

View attachment 110036 View attachment 110037

Today, Roberto Soldado and Marek Hamsik fashioned West Ham United's new home and away kits for the 2016/17 season. They were once again designed by Nike and thanks go out to brilliant designer Mike Dale. The Hammers have gone for a modern set of kits this season and striking up a new partnership with Autonomy that is earning them just under £10 million this season. Fans and players are said to be delighted with the new kits.

Classy mate, very classy. Looking forward to more updates kid :)

picture.php

The Beginning.....

Community Shield

chelseaBADGE.jpg
v
West-Ham-United-badge.png

Chelsea 1-3 West Ham United

View attachment 110043 Marek Hamsik (2)
View attachment 110043 Oliveira

Premier League champions West Ham United looked impressive as they brushed aside 2015 winners Chelsea in this contest. A Marek Hamsik double gave the Hammers a 2-0 win going into half time. Oliveira scored the third to put the game beyond doubt. Alex scored for Chelsea after the hour mark but it proved to be just a consolation as the Hammers proudly marched on to lift the trophy.

community_shield.jpg

Premier League

West Ham 3-0 Portsmouth

View attachment 110043 Edin Dzeko (2)
View attachment 110043 Nikita Vasiljev

The Hammers started their season off with what was expected to be a relatively easy game at home to Pompey. The home team started well as they came close on a few occasions. Edin Dzeko opened the scoring with a neat finish after 21 minutes and West Ham looked in control as they went into the dressing room 1-0 up. A header on the hour mark from Nikita Vasiljev gave West Ham a healthier cushion. Edin Dzeko finished the game just five minutes later with a trademark finish from the edge of the box. Portsmouth did not threaten at all after this and West Ham went on to record an easy victory.

Wolves 0-2 West Ham

Next in the month came a tough trip up to the West Midlands to take on Wolves at Molyneux. West Ham looked edgy early on as Wolves winger Nainggolan impressed. After 20 minutes though, the league champions started to pile on the pressure. They came close through Alex Francis after 25 minutes but it was not to be. Five minutes later, Swiss striker Daniel Vogel netted the opener, in a well crafted move. After the goal, West Ham looked in their element and quickly scored another just eight minutes later. Rene Sabajo got the goal through a excellently placed shot from the sixteen yard box. West Ham played well throughout the rest of the game and secured a 2-0 win.

West Ham 1-0 Chelsea

View attachment 110043 Roberto Soldado

It was time yet again for an edgy match for all West Ham fans, as they hosted their London rivals Chelsea. For the first fifteen minutes, the game looked very tight, with both teams having their share of chances. However, after just twenty minutes, Hammers captain Roberto Soldado set the game alight with a great finish to open the scoring. After a great move consisting of pin point passing from the West Ham midfield, Soldado struck home a lovely goal. Straight after the goal, the West Ham side followed with some more very good play but struggled to break down the Chelsea defence again as it went into half time as 1-0 to the home side. The second half turned out to be quite dull as both teams had very few chances and the game played itself out for a valuable West Ham win.

Burnley 1-1 West Ham

View attachment 110043 Daniel Vogel

When West Ham travelled to Turf Moor, they were expecting to come away with an easy three points but the home side thought very differently. Things started poorly for the league leaders as Steven Fletcher was causing their defence chaos as Akinfeev had to muster a strong pair of hands to deny him after just 12 minutes. Fletcher did finally find the break through, just before half time as he scored a true strikers goal, nestling the ball in the bottom corner. The League Champions came out in the second half, knowing that they had a job on their hands. After 20 minutes of pressurin the Hammers finally found a breakthrough as Daniel Vogel beat the goalkeeper from sevn yards out to complete a great move by West Ham. As much as they tried, West Ham could not break the door down as they went on to record a disappointing 1-1 draw. They find out that Turf Moor is a tough place to go.

European Super Cup

Tottenham 0-3 West Ham

View attachment 110043 Nikita Vasiljev
View attachment 110043 Marco Verratti
View attachment 110043 Daniel Vogel

Once again, Champions League winners West Ham United were in impressive as they simply demolished Tottenham. From the blow of the whistle, Daniel Oakes' side put the Europe League champions to the sword and goals from Vasiljev, Vogek and Verratti sealed the Hammers their second trophy already this season.

trophy_uefasupercup.jpg

Manager's Comments

I am delighted with the start to the season we have made. With two bog vistories over Chelsea we have shown we are yet again the team to beat. The lads have been in stunning form this month and I am ecstatic to be holding two trophies at this stage of the season. I am so glad to be back and it feels as if I have never left.

Player of the Month

trophy.jpg

It has been very tight but Edin Dzeko gets my player of the month award. In the early games of this month, Edin has been in lethal form bagging four goals. He has also set up a few aswell. Overall he has been the best team player. Daniel Vogel has also been good and Marek Hamsik was just as viable as a contender.

edin-dzeko_1375847c.jpg

Dzeko: In good form for the title holders.

Last edited: