It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!

Great story, one of the best i've ever seen on this forum. Keep it up!

This is amazing mate, don't suppose you could check mine out please ?

picture.php

WHUFC.com produces September update

19b25cc1d274cd80fd3562117e9b_grande.jpg

For the first time ever, we here at WHUFC.com will start to produce monthly updates of how our now great side is going on. We will be sure to bring you the up to date news on transfers, results and other club issues so stay tuned to find out about our great club.

picture.php

In the first week of September, the Champions League group draw took place and West Ham were installed as 1st seeds. Half an hour later West Ham were drawn into Group E. Group E can be seen below.

West Ham United
Juventus
Shakhtar Donetsk
Anderlecht

Daniel Oakes said:
I think that even though we were seeded as 1st seeds, we have been drawn in a tricky group.All three teams are teams I believe could possibly cause us problems. However, saying that I am confident my team can progress through.

West Ham United had six games in September, three in the Premier League, two in the Champions League and a Carling Cup fixture.

West Ham did not have the easiest fixture to start off the month as they faced a home game against Claret rivals Aston Villa, or so it seemed. Building on confidence from their top of the league start from August, the Hammers looked the better side early on. However both teams went into the half time break without a goal. Something must have been said at the break as the Hammers came out firing. Edin Dzeko opened the scoring after playing six minutes of the second period. Just six minutes later, Dzeko doubled the hosts lead with a lovely placed shot. On the 65th minute mark, vice captain Marek Hamsik finished the game off with a well executed shot across the goal mouth from the edge of the area.

View attachment 110252

Next West Ham travelled to Turin for undoubtedly their toughest game of the month if not the season. The away side started the more brightly with Steve King and Marco Verratti playing some lovely football in the midfield. After just under half an hour, the deadline was broken. It was a fantastic finish from English midfielder Steve King that gave the travelling side an early lead. A ten yard run before a beautiful top corner strike from 15 yards out has to be a candidate for goal of the season. After both teams came out from the dugout, the home team started showing a bit more attacking instinct. That was when Carlos Vela came close with a curled shot. Just ten minutes after the start of the second period, Marco Verratti whipped in a delicious corner for Trevor Walker to header West Ham into a two goal lead. It proved to be an early blessing though as Rafael Sobis scored for Juve just one minute later. Two minutes from time, another wonderful set piece came along to be seal the win for the Hammers as this time, Nikita Vasiljev headed home.

View attachment 110253

Another tough away day came up for Oakes's side as they travelled north to Merseyside to take on Liverpool. In the form they are in though, the champions started very brightly as they took a lead after just eight minutes. An Emiliano Insua own goal proved to be the catalyst towards the goal. The London side appeared to have been the weaker side after the goal for the first time this season. Even after saying this they went into the break 1-0 up. It took till the 75th minute for the home side to find a way through as Spanish talisman Fernando Torres tucked away a neat finish. A 1-1 draw was a result for both teams.

After a highly tight game at Anfield, it was time for West Ham to start their defence of the Carling Cup. Their defence started with a home game to tough men Stoke City. Even though it would be a tough game to crack open for Oakes' side, he decided to give his young stars a game. This never paid off for Oakes as his youngsters were very unimpressive finishers throughout the game. They created plenty of chances but could not deter from what was looking an inevitable final score of 0-0. Roberto Soldado was brought on late in the game to attempt to make an immediate impact and although not immediate he did end up scoring the winning goal after 108 minutes of poor finishing.

View attachment 110255

After two average performances by the champions standards, West Ham hosted Sunderland in a game where they highly impressed. Edin Dzeko gave the Hammers the lead after just two minutes. Daniel Vogel doubled the lead just before the break. After the break West Ham did not relent. Dzeko grabbed his second and third either side of a fine strike from Marco Verratti. Any thoughts that the champions were getting complacent was put to bed here.

In the last game of the month, West Ham hosted their first Champions League game of the season. The Hammers hosted Shakhtar and were expected to win impressively by manager Daniel Oakes. West Ham started well with Daniel Vogel notching the first after 19 minutes. Form man Edin Dzeko scored his first just seven minutes later. On the 35 minute mark Marco Verratti scored after a fine strike from the edge of the 16 yard box. Dzeko added to his tally for the season with an impressive lob over Shakhtar goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov who was all at sea. After the break, Shakhtar never looked like getting into the game and Edin Dzeko completed his second hattrick in a row five minutes from time. Just the way to end September, 5-0, 5-0.

View attachment 110257

Thoughts from the Manager

Daniel Oakes said:
I am very happy that my boys have continued their form into September. Although early in the season, the form of the first team is looking particlularly impressive. Edin Dzeko's form is staggering considering he is now thirty years old. The rest of the side are not performing too badly either ;)

That completes our September update at WHUFC.com. Be sure to catch us next time for up to date news about your favourite team.

Last edited:
Well done, good start. Tough looking CL group there, I take it Shakhtar have gotten better in Europe is the game goes on?

Yeah I guess, even though I pwned them 5-0.....

Yeah, but I mean in my game they are gradually getting better in Europe, quarter finals of CL, and so on, but your team is dynamite so that's different. :D

Brilliant, just brilliant mate. New style works really well for me, easy on the eye, in depth, I know you can go further with your depth if needed too also. :wub: Some good results in there too. Look forward to the next installment!

Thanks pal. I think that is just about the amount that people will read. Hopefully I can get used to writing like that :)

picture.php

October Update from WHUFC.com

Soldado00.jpg

The month is October and WHUFC.com are here to produce the latest month at Upton Park. Here is what has gone on in the last month.

picture.php

In the Carling Cup Fourth Round draw, the Hammers have drawn Derby County. The game will be played at Upton Park on the 26th October.

West Ham participated in six games in October, four in the league, one in Europe and that Carling Cup clash with the Rams.

The defending champions started their October with a trip to Eastlands to take on Manchester City in a game which was sure to excite the 44,000 plus in attendance. The home side gained the early advantage through Pablo Zabaleta after he slotted home a 14 yard shot after just thirteen minutes. After an extra seven minutes, Eastlands erupted as Barry Meijer doubled Manchester City's lead after a goal mouth scamble. The Premier League champions looked all at sea and looked as if nothing could go right for them. Just one minute later, Ashley Young piled on the agony as he gave the home side a three goal cushion. All looked lost for West Ham until club talisman Roberto Soldado scored just before the half hour mark and it looked as if they had a shred of belief. The champions went into the break at 3-1 down but they had heart and believed they could come back. Half an hour into the second half, Edin Dzeko scored the Hammer's second but it was little too late as Oakes's side stumbled to their first loss of the season.

View attachment 110290

After their devastating loss at Eastlands, Daniel Oakes's side were on the road again as they took on ambitious side Crystal Palace. West Hamn started well, hitting numerous shots close to the Palace goal. They finally found the breakthrough when right back Limeira notched home after a lovely ten yard run from the wing. Roberto Soldado then doubled the lead just after the break with a fine finish. Centre back Trevor Walker then tripled the lead just five minutes later after guiding a header home after a speciality Verratti corner. Victor Moses grabbed one back for Palace after 58 minutes but it was not enough when Dzeko banged home three minutes from time.

View attachment 110291

Next in the month came a home game for West Ham at Upton Park, where they would play Anderlecht in the Champions League. The Hammers started strongly after Dzeko notched home from inside the box after just six minutes. A Limeira corner gave Nikita Vasiljev to head home and he duelly answered, handing the Hammers a two goal cushion. An outstanding run and goal from Soldado handed West Ham a three goal lead before 40 minutes and surely buried the game. Wernbloom got one back for the Belgian side after 53 minutes but they proved no match for the English side as Soldado notched home his second to give West Ham their second 4-1 victory on the trot.

View attachment 110292

After an impressive performance in Europe, West Ham returned to the league to host title contenders and London rivals Tottenham Hotspur. After just eight minutes of the hotly anticipated matchup, the form man Roberto Soldado slipped one home to give the Premier League leaders the early advantage. After this though it was mostly one way traffic for the away side. A number of times, Spurs troubled the West Ham goal but thanks to some stern hands from Guillermo Ochoa, the Hammers rolled on to a slender win.

View attachment 110293

After the victory over rivals Spurs, West Ham took on Derby in the 4th round of the Carling Cup and Oakes rested a few of his star men. Oliveira and Vogel started rather than form men Dzeko and Soldado amongst many other changes. The game was a one sided affair but it was only Oliveira's 14th minute strike that seperated the two sides as the Hammers rolled on to the next round.

View attachment 110294

West Ham will play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Carling Cup Fifth Round.

Following three straight home games, West Ham travelled to St. Andrew's to take on Birmingham City. It did not start well for the Midlands side as Luciano Civelli scored an unlucky own goal that gave the Hammers an early lead in the first quarter of an hour. it took a while for West Ham to double their lead but it always looked inevitable and Edin Dzeko was the man with his 77th minute strike.

View attachment 110295

We here at WHUFC.com have been emailed the Premier League table

View attachment 110296

We are delighted to see that our beloved West Ham side are top of the pile at this moment in time.

Daniel Oakes said:
Although we started the month in rough fashion with a loss to City, I believe we are definitely on the right track. After that game we have won our last five and I am delighted with that. We are almost through to the knockout phases of the Champions League and it will be nice to qualify as soon as possible. Although both thirty years old, both Dzeko and Soldado are impressing me and none of them are showing any signs of stopping.

Excellent couple of updates there Dan, good to see loads of detail. :)

spain1.png

International Roundup

The Spanish football Association will now report on the results that Spain have achieved over the past two months under the management of Daniel Oakes. This includes a friendly against Serbia and three vital World Cup Qualifying matches.

Spain v Serbia

david-villa.jpg

In their first game since the European Championship final, Daniel Oakes's Spain side took on the team that they beat in the Semi Finals of the Euros, Serbia.For this game, Oakes stated for the need in change and brought back talismanic striker David Villa and hot shot Juan Mata. The man he gave another chance to soon repaid his faith in the manager after scoring the opener after 21 minutes. The goal marked Villa's 51st goal in a Spain shirt and he finally broke Raul's international goal scoring record. That man, Villa popped up again 15 minutes later to double Spain's lead. Another recalled player, Juan Mata completed Spain's third just five minutes later and just about put the game to bed. Just after the break, it looked like Serbia had come out firing and did finally get their first goal just short of the hour mark through Miralem Sulejmani. Spain always looked comfortable though and Villa wrapped up his hattrick with a lovely placed penalty twenty minutes from time. Dejan Lekic got a late consolation for Serbia but that is all it was. Spain impress, 4-2. David Villa is back.

Bulgaria v Spain

Juan+Mata+Spain+v+South+Korea+International+-sYN4hrzVh5l.jpg

After impressing against Serbia, Daniel Oakes decided to stay with a very similar lineup. This meant that Juan Manuel Mata once again played in just behind the old guard of Fernando Torres and David Villa. It did not take long for Mata to impress as he opened the scoring in the very first minute. The Valencia ace then added to his goal with another after just 17 minutes. The game was put to bed before the half hour mark as Fernando Torres slotted home a well placed finish. Valeri Bojinov grabbed a goal back for Bulgaria a minute before the break. The players that came out for the second half and the only incident to really note was the injury of Fernando Torres. Spain cruised home with a 3-1 win.

Azerbaijan v Spain

fernando-torres-1.jpg

Next, Daniel Oakes took his Spanish side to Azerbaijan to take on undoubtedly the weakest team in their qualifying group. Spain took the lead very early on as the form man Juan Mata opened the scoring in the first two minutes. Iker Muniain then doubled Spain's lead just four minutes later. Fernando Torres ended his Spain goal drought after smashing home a Mata cross just before the half hour mark. Mata added his second just before half time to take the European Champions in at 4-0. It was always going to be hard to keep his team going against such weak opposition but Spain were relentless in the second half also. Fernando Torres added his second a minute after the break and made it so him and Mata were both on for a hattrick. The second half passed by and it looked like the Spanish contingent would not add any more until Mata popped up again after 85 minutes. The Spanish attacking midfielder hit a fantastic curling shot to seal his hattrick and a memorable performance to boot. In what looked like a challenge, Fernando Torres soon answered as he completed his hattrick in stoppage time. Azerbaijan 0-7 Spain.

Finland v Spain

Spain+v+England+International+Friendly+4QfukUcxbMnl.jpg

It was a dour game to end Spain's year in Finland. In a game that seemed to last forever, neither side had much to report about and the game was played out to a 0-0 draw. Spain did not look anywhere near their brilliant best and could not break down the tough Finnish side. Gerard Pique impressed with a solid defensive display but Spain were not themselves.

Daniel Oakes said:
I am very impressed with three of our last four results. Although I am disappointed with the game in Finland, I am sure we will fight back. After bringing Villa and Mata back into the side, it has given them an extra edge and I cannot believe that I left Juan at home for the Euro's. I am just pleased that there is no hard feelings and he is playing at his brilliant best for his country at this present time. Roll on 2017.

Good update again Mate :) Really liking this new style :), is it still cutting down on the time taken to write it up compared to before?

Nice update there, good choice in bringing Mata in, one of my fave players in FM. Keep it up, and also liking this new layout! :D

picture.php

WHUFC.com produce two month update

marek-hamsik.jpg

We here at West Ham United's officaial website have fallen a little behind and will now bring you an update from November and December of West Ham's season.

November

West Ham started November with a tricky away tie in Anderlecht in the Champions League. However a brace of headers from Trevor Walker and a goal from striker Oliveira handed West Ham their fourth win in a row in Europe. After this and before their next European encounter, the Hammers took on Watford at home, travelled to Stoke and then hosted Bolton. The West Ham fans were delighted as their team came away with three vital wins and although they were all against weaker opposition, they will be very important.

The Hammers then set their mark on Europe once again as they took on Italian giants Juventus at Upton Park. The atmosphere was fantastic and even better when Wayne Hennesey's error handed West Ham a 1-0 lead just before the break. Daniel Vogel sent the Hammers fans into raptures in the third minute of added time as he secured their fifth victory of the group campaign. West Ham failed to follow up their great Juve win as they succumber to only draw with West Bromwich Albion in a very dull 1-1 stalemate.

It was far different however, when Oakes' side travelled to Stamford Bridge for the Quarter Final of the Carling Cup. Many hailed it to be a tough encounter but this was not to be as West Ham romped home with the win. A fabulous hattrick from Oliveira, added to goals from Marco Verratti and Roberto Soldado handed West Ham fans and players a victory that willlong be remembered.

December

Everton were the first team in December to make the trip to Upton Park. The Merseyside club had no club and walked away with a damaging loss. West Ham were fantastic coming away with a 3-0 win to boot.

The second game in the final month of 2016 gave the Hammers the opportunity to achieve a perfect record in the group stages of the Champions League. All looked good for the away side as they lead Shakhtar after just two minutes. Complacency must have set in however as two Shakhtar goals handed the Ukrainian team the win.

View attachment 110896

FIFA Club World Championship

December 2016 saw West Ham United take place in their second Club World Championship in their history. Oakes stated that although they had qualified for the competition and deserved to be there, he would play a young side as he fully expected to take home the trophy.

West Ham started the tournament in a Semi Final clash with Etoile Du Sahel and were ultra impressive. The English club came away with a five goals to nil victory after goals from Anatoly Melnik, Marco Verratti, Daniel Vogel and a brace from Oliveira.

The Final of the Club World Championship saw Guillermo Ochoa take on his former club, América, and he was given a standing ovation by the fans. Ochoa showed his old side what they were missing and the Hammers cruised to glory in a four goal massacre. Two braces from Oliveira and Daniel Vogel thwarted the Mexican side with ease.

club-world-cup.jpg

After their recent success, it was important that Hammers players kept their heads down and got back to business. This began with a tricky game at St James' Park. A tight encounter early on garnered no goals in the first half for either team. It was eventually Edin Dzeko that took the lead for West Ham just aftet the hour mark. Marek Hamsik doubled their lead fifteen minutes later and it really was what the fans needed. Carlos Cremers got a consolation for the home side in the 88th minute, but it was too little too late.

In their last Premier League game of the month, it could not have come much harder as the West Ham faithful took on the Red Devils. The game was an exciting affair which ended 2 goals a piece. Goals from Marco Verratti and Edin Dzeko for West Ham were cancelled out by early and late strikes by Antonio Valencia and Wayne Rooney. Fans hoped that thir side had finished the job but Rooney's late goal thwarted them a win.

We end the update reporting West Ham's first appearance of the year in the FA Cup. The boys started their title defence in solid fashion with an emphatic 5-0 win over minnows Bristol Rovers.

And that completes the two months, results wise. Our heroes look to have done very well and there is still a strong possibility that they could win everything this year.

picture.php

Delac could be 'Hammers material'

matej_delac350.jpg

In the only news to come out of Upton Park, there are rumours flying around that Matej Delac could be moving across London to join West Ham from rivals Chelsea. It is also rumoured that Delac is unhappy with opportunities at Chelsea and seeks a fresh challenge.

picture.php

After a successful qualification from the group stages which saw them soar to the top with five wins out of six, English side West Ham have drawn Atletico Madrid in the first qualifying round of the Champions League.

The first leg will be played at Vicente Calderon on the 14th February.

The second leg will be held at Upton Park on the 7th March.

West Ham fans are excited by the prospects of a very tight clash between two of the greatest sides in the world.

Manager's comments

Daniel Oakes said:
We have had a great couple of months once again at West Ham. I am excited to say that we already hold two trophies, one which was lifted earlier this month and one from back in August. I also believe we are capable of winning every trophy we are still competing for. We are a few points clear in the Premier League ad I fully expect us to win that. We have a tough game in Europe, taking on old rivals Atletico, but I am sure we can overcome that hurdle. I am still excited to call West Ham my home.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant update Dan! :D

Keep up the top work!

picture.php

January Update from WHUFC.com

EdinDzeko_629016.jpg

It is that time again and we at WHUFC.com are here to give you a month report on all of West Ham's goings on in January. Let us start with the results.

Daniel Oakes' West Ham started the month of January off with a Carling Cup Semi Final First Leg at Upton Park. There opponents would be the Gunners. West Ham started off well in the game with a great Edin Dzeko strike after just half an hour. The Hammers continued to dominate after the break and finally double the lead after 55 minutes through Dzeko again. Dzeko completed his hattrick 13 minutes later to send fans into raptures before Steve King added a fourth five minutes from time. A 4-0 win over Arsenal was just the tonic to starrt off 2017.

After taking on the force of Arsenal, West Ham stayed at home and took on bottom half side Burnley. A brace from Marco Verratti, a goal from Edin Dzeko and a fabulous hattrick from Roberto Soldado handed the Hammers an impressive victory over their rival Claret team. After the easy success over Burnley, Oakes' side travelled to the Emirates for what was going to be a massive game against Arsenal in the Premier League. After long spells of great play by West Ham, Dzeko finally gave them the lead in the second minute of added time in the first half. Marco Verratti then added a goal to the game to give West Ham an important win at the Emirates.

Next for West Ham came a trip to the Midlands to play Aston Villa. In what ended up a fantastic match for the neutrals, the league leaders came away from Villa Park with an emphatic 5-2 victory. Next for Oakes' side was a relatively pressure free game against Arsenal at the Emirates in the second leg. Arsenal tried to take it to West Ham but vice captain Marek Hamsik extended the aggregate score with a great strike after just 16 minutes. With not much action to come out of the game, Arsenal made the game 1-1 with a Davide De Gennaro strike just after the hour mark. The Hammers came away with a 1-1 draw and a 5-1 aggregate win.

West Ham United will play Bolton Wanderers in the Carling Cup Final.

After the Emirates trip, the Hammers took a long trip down to struggling Portsmouth for a 4th Round clash in the F.A. Cup. The away side took the lead with an Oliveira strike on the twenty minute mark. The lead was doubled just eight minutes later with a Nikita Vasiljev header. Just ten minutes later, Marco Verratti put the game to bed with a worldclass finish. Three minutes later, Oliveira added to his tally and extended West Ham's lead to 4-0 before half time. In the second half, the Hammers took their foot off the pedal and a Dave Nugent goal for Pompey was the only highlight.

Next for West Ham was a tricky game in the league at home to Liverpool. It was an enticing first half, with both teams throwing caution to the wind but none of the teams could come up with an opening goal. Five minutes after the break, Spanish striker Fernando Torres gave Liverpool the lead with a fine finish. Hammer fans were not happhy at all but gave their team a massive ovation. They got their wish when Trevor Walker headed home a Marco Verratti corner just after the hour mark. The game played out to become a 1-1 draw.

To end the month, Oakes' side travelled to Wearside to take on Sunderland. In a very uninteresting game, neither side could break the deadlock and it ended how it began, a goalless draw.

picture.php

Uproar as Delac joins Hammers

matej-delac.jpg

In a transfer that left many Chelsea fans upset, young goalkeeper Matej Delac completed his move to West Ham United for a fee reported to be around £8 million. Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti was heard to say that Delac had no future at the club but many fans believes that the West London side have very little ambition. All people to do with West Ham are believed to be delighted to welcome Delac aboard.

Managers Comments

Daniel Oakes said:
Altogether I am happy with our results to start off the new year. We will be travelling to Wembley to take part in the Carling Cup Final once again and I am delighted about that. However, I am very disappointed about how we ended the month. We are now two games without a win and we are not used to that nowadays at West Ham. I will attempt to rectify that as soon as possible. I am delighted to sign Matej and believe he can become a big player for the club.