Votes: 44 69.8%
  • It doesn't look very useful

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Yes it fixed the computer issue I was having

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No I am still having problems with my game

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
If every other db you load works then maybe it's something wrong with your db that is causing it to crash? Double check to make sure what you have done is correct.

Well sounds like you have done about everything. What Operating system are you running? 2GB is not loads, especially if running windows 7 or vista 64 bit. Do all other games run fine?
I had Win 7 Ultimate, I did not enjoy it as it I think it crashed my Gigabyte 8800 GTX Ultra 768mb DDR3 card (which was my baby) so I went back to good old Win Xp (SP3) and got my new card!

I have followed your tips and the game seems to last a bit longer, however, it still crashes! when I get over my save (From all the crash dumps) I will reinstall Fm11 again and then start a brand new game!

I pretty much have tried everything! the only other thing I could try is updating my Hardware drivers (Cd Rom/HDD, Motherboard etc) even though I did that when I reinstalled about 1 month ago.... sigh :S

I had Win 7 Ultimate, I did not enjoy it as it I think it crashed my Gigabyte 8800 GTX Ultra 768mb DDR3 card (which was my baby) so I went back to good old Win Xp (SP3) and got my new card!

I have followed your tips and the game seems to last a bit longer, however, it still crashes! when I get over my save (From all the crash dumps) I will reinstall Fm11 again and then start a brand new game!

I pretty much have tried everything! the only other thing I could try is updating my Hardware drivers (Cd Rom/HDD, Motherboard etc) even though I did that when I reinstalled about 1 month ago.... sigh :S

do other games run fine for you? Could always check your computer is stable. Download memtest and Orthos (link goes to 32bit version, I presume you have 32bit xp) to check your computer is stable. If your computer can't go a fair few hours doing these tests then there is some kind of problem, obviously do both of these tests separetly.

do other games run fine for you? Could always check your computer is stable. Download memtest and Orthos (link goes to 32bit version, I presume you have 32bit xp) to check your computer is stable. If your computer can't go a fair few hours doing these tests then there is some kind of problem, obviously do both of these tests separetly.
thanks Jak, I think I will run these tests tonight, try and see where the problem lies, thanks for your help! I must say, followed a few of your steps so far and have loaded all my graphics back into Fm11 (dozens of facepacks, megapacks of logo's, editor data etc) and it seems to be running ok now, I played like 4 games in a row last night and left it idling for around 2 hours while I played Fifa 11 (that was a test) it normally just crashes...

so lets hold thumbs ;)

thanks Jak, I think I will run these tests tonight, try and see where the problem lies, thanks for your help! I must say, followed a few of your steps so far and have loaded all my graphics back into Fm11 (dozens of facepacks, megapacks of logo's, editor data etc) and it seems to be running ok now, I played like 4 games in a row last night and left it idling for around 2 hours while I played Fifa 11 (that was a test) it normally just crashes...

so lets hold thumbs ;)

no problem mate. Lets just hope all continues to run well ;) Another thing maybe to look at is RAM usage. You said you only had 2GB which isn't loads. When you next load up FM and are playing it regularly have task manager running in the background and then tab and look at RAM usage. Some of your crash dumps could be caused by a lack of RAM.

ran this test last night, in about 10 seconds I got this error, i took out all my RAM, cleaned it, placed them in different slots etc etc... (I think I do need more RAM :) it is Transcend Corsair wit NEON lights though)

I have no clue what this test is and was about... also, I made the Memtest into an ISO an tried to run it from booting (put all the bootable devices as CD Rom and still loaded up Windows)
not sure how that one works exactly, maybe try and set it as BOOT?

View attachment 127986

I made a thread on a computer forum I used try and get a bit more help but I'm going to need some information from you first ;) The output of the stress.txt file would be useful, it should be in the prime95 program folder somewhere. Before you do that could you run memtest both sets of RAM to make sure they work properly. Make sure you burn the ISO correctly. Full system specs, the exact error received and anything from the event viewer that could point to the cause would be useful too

Jak 16
if im right, the more database u have in the save , them more heated the pc becomes.

i have one with the 10 top countries of europe, and my pc go up to 90 Celsius :(

Last edited:
how do you take a screenshot? I've tried Alt + F9 and PrntScr but neither works, I just get the window behind FM. I'm on a Dell laptop which had multiple uses of the Function buttons. Any help greatly appreciated. I want to start a thread but need some screenshots for it to work.

Jak 16
if im right, the more database u have in the save , them more heated the pc becomes.

i have one with the 10 top countries of europe, and my pc go up to 90 Celsius :(
I suppose if you have more databases then the more your processor has to load and therefore will increase your temperatures but 90C is horrifically high temperatures and could really harm your processor. I would reccommend you not play any games until you sort out your temps. What are your temperatures when you are just at desktop? Are you using a laptop or regular computer?

how do you take a screenshot? I've tried Alt + F9 and PrntScr but neither works, I just get the window behind FM. I'm on a Dell laptop which had multiple uses of the Function buttons. Any help greatly appreciated. I want to start a thread but need some screenshots for it to work.

Are you playing in window mode? Alt and F9 at the same time should take a screenshot of your game for you.

Are you playing in window mode? Alt and F9 at the same time should take a screenshot of your game for you.

No I wasn't. I switched to window mode and it works now thanks. Although Alt + F9 doesn't work, Print Screen does so its sorted. Thanks for your help.

I suppose if you have more databases then the more your processor has to load and therefore will increase your temperatures but 90C is horrifically high temperatures and could really harm your processor. I would reccommend you not play any games until you sort out your temps. What are your temperatures when you are just at desktop? Are you using a laptop or regular computer?

pretty much ur right. when im in normal mode, like not doing anything, my laptop will be like 55-60 C average.

from the website u post, can you run it .com, its all green . i passed all the requirements. i think its because of how any database im running. 10 is too much, i might stick with 5 or 6

pretty much ur right. when im in normal mode, like not doing anything, my laptop will be like 55-60 C average.

from the website u post, can you run it .com, its all green . i passed all the requirements. i think its because of how any database im running. 10 is too much, i might stick with 5 or 6

It's temperatures for sure mate. 55-60 at idle is ludicrous. Mine doesn't go that high, even when at 100% load. I would follow my tips to seriously try and reduce your temperatures.

Hello I am new at this forum have had problems with my 11 fm he not only writes and lets me choose the last 2 levels of difficulty do not know what I have tried to create a folder where to save and can not resolve anything I've tried reinstalling but no decided to get someone to help me thank you.

Thanks in advance.

maybe i'll stick with these databases:
england,
italy
spain
france
germany

Hello I am new at this forum have had problems with my 11 fm he not only writes and lets me choose the last 2 levels of difficulty do not know what I have tried to create a folder where to save and can not resolve anything I've tried reinstalling but no decided to get someone to help me thank you.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry mate I don't really know what you're asking. You can't change the difficulty for FM (go as easier teams to make it a bit easier e.g. Man city, Barcelona). Your saved games folder should be in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football manager 2011/games.

maybe i'll stick with these databases:
england,
italy
spain
france
germany
Yes playing with fewer leagues won't make your temperatures as high but they are still dangerously high. I would seriously recommend following my tips in the OP regarding temperatures to try and lower yours

OK, this may just be a simple re-installation needed, but it each time I load FM it seems to take longer and longer to get to the main screen and stays on the loading screen for ages. Most of the in-game play speed is fine, but it annoys me a bit having to wait for a couple of minutes while the game loads up.

OK, this may just be a simple re-installation needed, but it each time I load FM it seems to take longer and longer to get to the main screen and stays on the loading screen for ages. Most of the in-game play speed is fine, but it annoys me a bit having to wait for a couple of minutes while the game loads up.

How many saved games do you have? I don't really know what may be causing that, a simple reinstallation may fix the issue. If you are already using steam then you can try a couple of things to try and fix your game. Go to your games library and right click on Football Manager 2011. Choose the option 'properties' and when the box appears choose the tab 'local files'. Here you can try the options 'Defragment cache files' or 'Verify Integrity of game cache'. Doing these may stop you experiencing problems

How many saved games do you have? I don't really know what may be causing that, a simple reinstallation may fix the issue. If you are already using steam then you can try a couple of things to try and fix your game. Go to your games library and right click on Football Manager 2011. Choose the option 'properties' and when the box appears choose the tab 'local files'. Here you can try the options 'Defragment cache files' or 'Verify Integrity of game cache'. Doing these may stop you experiencing problems

I don't think I explained myself properly in the last post. What I meant was the loading screen where it appears in all the different languages. The loading of my saved games seems to be fine though...

Oh, I think it may be the word installing, not loading. My bad XD