Votes: 44 69.8%
  • It doesn't look very useful

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Yes it fixed the computer issue I was having

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No I am still having problems with my game

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
This is for anyone that cannot load a saved game because it has disappeared, not for messages that say 'cannot load saved game' when you attempt to load it.....
Yesterday my 'load last game' button was shaded out as if I had no saved games, the 'load game' button also did not have my saved game there. In the data editor my own editor file was also missing. I linked this nightmare scenario to the various facepacks and logos I had earlier downloaded - it somehow blocked me from my saved info, even though I could still see it in the relevant folders in sports interactive>football manager 2011.

Thankfully I managed to recover by doing the following;

1) Drag your saved editor file out of 'editor files' and saved game out of the 'games' folder and drop them both onto your desktop
2)uninstall game completely
3)reinstall ensuring you have very latest OFFICIAL patch also downloaded (obviously steam will do this automatically if you use this method)
4)drag your files from your desktop back into the appropriate folders as above

You should now be able to re-commence your glorious saved game! If you are half as relieved as me you will be a seriously happy FM player! Maybe I was just unlucky but I will certainly not be downloading any packs/logos/kits ever again whilst I have any current saved game on the go.

Hi.
Im new here, so be gentle :).

I have installed FM11 with steam. Now this pops up when i click the shortcut on the desktop and when i try starting it up on steam:

Error: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists, please contact technical support.

I've reinstalled the game, but the problem is still there.
Anybody that have tried anything similar?

Hi.
Im new here, so be gentle :).

I have installed FM11 with steam. Now this pops up when i click the shortcut on the desktop and when i try starting it up on steam:

Error: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists, please contact technical support.

I've reinstalled the game, but the problem is still there.
Anybody that have tried anything similar?

try verifying steam steam cache (look at the OP, tells you how to there). I googled your problem and 1 person had luck because he realised he was running the game in compatibility mode. Make sure you aren't

try verifying steam steam cache (look at the OP, tells you how to there). I googled your problem and 1 person had luck because he realised he was running the game in compatibility mode. Make sure you aren't

I've been trying to uninstall both steam and FM. When i install steam i get this error message:

Running Steam in Windows compatibility mode is not recommended. Please remove any Windows compatibility setting for all users under file properties for Steam.exe and restart Steam. Press cancel to permantly this warning and continue.

I have no idea how to remove these windows settings.

can you right click on the steam .exe and go to properties. Then choose compatibility and make sure it's not running in compatibility mode. If you have an icon on your desktop for steam then use that. But if you haven't then use the .exe in your actual steam folder

the game has never been slow and then suddenly one match becomes really slow and erratic and then the games afterwards are all slow too, can anyone help?

Sorry the reason why I'm asking is FM is running really slow all of a sudden. Never had any problems before, it just started after I used FMRTE to make myself England and Man Utd manager. I've deleted that save file as it started when I put players into the national pool as there weren't any in there. I've tried it on all my other save files and its the same. Things that used to be almost instant now take at least a few minutes to do.

My graphics card is Intel(R) HD Graphics (i3). Is this the right information for you to find the latest one?

My temperatures are Core #0 48% and Core #1 47%. Both varying between 45% and 48%.

Last edited:
Here is a link that should work for your graphics driver. Download any of the first 3 and I think it should work. But you could always download this and it should tell you/download what drivers you need. I don't know for sure since I've never used it. Are thoses temperatures what you get at idle for are they ingame temperatures?

Those are idle temperatures, my in game ones are between 50 and 60.

Anyway the problem seems to have resolved itself. It's back to it's same old self again and working fine. Maybe just having a funny couple of days. Thanks for your help anyway.

Those temperatures are pretty normal, the idle temperatures are a little high but your in game ones are ok. They are a little on the high side but not horrifically high. Are you using a laptop or PC?

OK, this may just be a simple re-installation needed, but it each time I load FM it seems to take longer and longer to get to the main screen and stays on the loading screen for ages. Most of the in-game play speed is fine, but it annoys me a bit having to wait for a couple of minutes while the game loads up.

OK this problem is still continuing. It now takes something like 10 minutes for it to get past the screen where it says loading in all the different languages. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

OK this problem is still continuing. It now takes something like 10 minutes for it to get past the screen where it says loading in all the different languages. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

did you ever try a reinstall? If not then try it and see if that solves your problem. Remember to back up any saved games you wish to keep

did you ever try a reinstall? If not then try it and see if that solves your problem. Remember to back up any saved games you wish to keep

Probably should have done that lol. Am doing it now so will tell you if I still have a problem

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Yeah, I still have it taking 5 minutes to go through the loading screen...

Probably should have done that lol. Am doing it now so will tell you if I still have a problem

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Yeah, I still have it taking 5 minutes to go through the loading screen...

what are your computer specs?

Is this what you want? It seems to take longer and longer each time I load it.

your processor is quite slow, this could be the issue. Has this recently started happening or has it always been like this since you first installed the game?

your processor is quite slow, this could be the issue. Has this recently started happening or has it always been like this since you first installed the game?

It's only recently started to happen; when I got the game at first it would only take 5/10 secs