• It doesn't look very useful

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Yes it fixed the computer issue I was having

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No I am still having problems with my game

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
No,it says there are not!
Also there is an option which is greyed out!It is a button that says "set a default device".Maybe that helps you a little

have you tried downloading an audio driver? Also have the speakers never worked with the PC or has the problem just started?

This problem started couple of months ago!
I can not find a proper driver to install as my pc is a mixture of stuff by different companies and i dont know what company is my sound card from.

This problem started couple of months ago!
I can not find a proper driver to install as my pc is a mixture of stuff by different companies and i dont know what company is my sound card from.

does vista have a search bar when you press start, I can't remember. If yes type in 'hardware' and then choose 'system'. Then on a list on the left choose 'Device Manager'. Look down the list until you see 'Sound, video and game controllers'. Click there and see if your speaker is listed. If yes right click and choose 'update driver software'

does vista have a search bar when you press start, I can't remember. If yes type in 'hardware' and then choose 'system'. Then on a list on the left choose 'Device Manager'. Look down the list until you see 'Sound, video and game controllers'. Click there and see if your speaker is listed. If yes right click and choose 'update driver software'
where should i type "hardware"???
At the "search" area,at the bottom of START?

ok go to 'start' and choose 'control panel'. Choose 'view by small icons' in the top right of the screen then look through the options until you find 'system' and then follow the steps I posted before

I found it!Now my pc searches drivers through internet!
I ll let you know what happens

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

It said that the drivers where up to date!
I went back to youtube to test it but nothing!

I found it!Now my pc searches drivers through internet!
I ll let you know what happens

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

It said that the drivers where up to date!
I went back to youtube to test it but nothing!

hmmmmm that leads me to think it could be an issue with the actual sound port where the speaker goes in. Is there a PC repair shop anywhere near you that you could take it to?

hmmmmm that leads me to think it could be an issue with the actual sound port where the speaker goes in. Is there a PC repair shop anywhere near you that you could take it to?
Unfortunatelly no!
I have thought about it as well!
Anyway,thank you for bothering with my problem!I really appreciate it!

Unfortunatelly no!
I have thought about it as well!
Anyway,thank you for bothering with my problem!I really appreciate it!

hmmmm I'm not really sure what else to suggest. Try signing up at Build Your Own PC Forums (PC forum I use). They are a lot more clever than me and may be able to suggest something that I haven't. Tell them all the stuff you have tried that I've told you. My username on there is Buyaboat

I have fm 11 problem:
I exited the game for 5 minutes,then came back but when i click load game its crash dumping everytime
I have DvD game not Steam..
I have tried to delete crash dump file but still...i have tried to delete cache&settings file from app data,but still..
Can someone help me?
I dont want to lose my saves..

I have fm 11 problem:
I exited the game for 5 minutes,then came back but when i click load game its crash dumping everytime
I have DvD game not Steam..
I have tried to delete crash dump file but still...i have tried to delete cache&settings file from app data,but still..
Can someone help me?
I dont want to lose my saves..
You can copy your save games to a folder on your desktop, re-install the game and then place your saved games in the correct FM11 folder

Yer got a good enough computer... has worked in the past jut since i got me computer wiped/fixed it wont work anymore.... likes of shogun total war work perfectly so cant ee it being graphics card.... and yer reinstalled everythin i can think of manyyyy times :(

football manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 has stopped working

Brand new laptop. Brand new install of FM11 via Steam.

Laptop spec:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_ldr.110408-1635)
System Model: Dell System Inspiron N7110
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6058MB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics Card: GeForce GT525M

Getting this error when running FM11:
football manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 has stopped working

Was repeatedly getting it as I entered the 3d match, but then I updated the Direct X settings for Ramp Rasterizer and Reference Rasterizer. This then allowed me into the match, and my first match completed ok.

I then tried to Continue after giving the teamtalk and I received the above message yet again.

One thing that puzzles me is that the GeForce card that I have installed is not appearing in DxDiag, but does show in Device Manager as working ok - is this normal, or should I expect the GeForce card to show in DXDIAG?

- Just re-loaded the game again, and it has crashed again on entry to the first match.

Last edited:
sorry about the lack of replies in this thread, I'm on holiday at the moment. Have you tried the solutions in the OP?

still not working?! after all that, ****** ****. Then I will have to apologise as I don't know where to go from here. I reiterate my point in my previous post about signing up in that forum, they will almost certainly fix the issue

Mate, you'll laugh/cry at this. I eventually managed to update my drivers, so I went and did that. All went fine. Went on FM and graphics were still gone. So I was just messing around on the preferences, and eventually unticked 'Use Skin Cache' and ticked 'Always reload skin on confirm', just because that's something to do with the display, you know? And Voila, everything was fixed. I was like... I could have done that to start with? ****** ****!

Mate, you'll laugh/cry at this. I eventually managed to update my drivers, so I went and did that. All went fine. Went on FM and graphics were still gone. So I was just messing around on the preferences, and eventually unticked 'Use Skin Cache' and ticked 'Always reload skin on confirm', just because that's something to do with the display, you know? And Voila, everything was fixed. I was like... I could have done that to start with? ****** ****!

haha so simple! Facepalm at myself for not thinking of it. Glad to hear that all seems to be working now :)

I got the same problem as demonguy and i tried to untick 'Use Skin Cache' and ticked 'Always reload skin on confirm'. This worked for two games and then i got the same error again! Do you have any clue on what i can do? :)

I got the same problem as demonguy and i tried to untick 'Use Skin Cache' and ticked 'Always reload skin on confirm'. This worked for two games and then i got the same error again! Do you have any clue on what i can do? :)
\

Have you gone through all the solutions I gave him?