MAN CITY! what the **** lol but if you take it then good luck matey!

The interview at City went really well. So did the one at Bremen. I'm surprised by how many offers for interviews I have received. Hull, Monaco and Lyon have also offered me interviews, they didnt go as well as we prefer different styles of play. City would be perfect. There are funds, great players, and ambition. I've not had any of that since I've started managing. Some could say thats how you show you are a good manager but without being able to have input on some of your own targets it does make it hard. Bremen survived the drop by a point last season so I'm not sure if I would want another relegation scrap after the last one went wrong.

Monaco would also be a good club to join to get experience. Endless cash and only one real competitor in the league. With Falcao just coming back off loan it would be interesting to see whether he will stay or how much I would be allowed to spend to replace him. Now the wait goes on to see if any of the interviews were successful. Let's wait and see...

View attachment 329525

Last edited:
Hopefully the Man City one will, make your name in England and then maybe a Madrid, Munich or Barcelona will come in and move on then!

Id say hull would be a great choice,
should be mid-table easy. And a chance for jamie to create a dynasty,

Id say hull would be a great choice,
should be mid-table easy. And a chance for jamie to create a dynasty,

Yeah I was thinking hull, on Football Manager nothing is easy though when you are a team such as Hull. I would prefer the City job, but I do see it being a bit unrealistic. We will see who I end up being, you never know I might not get either of the jobs!

I would prefer the City job, but I do see it being a bit unrealistic.

Pellegrini had no European Club experience; I'd say your overqualified for the City Job in that regard! :p

Enjoying this story mate. Hard luck with Sunderland but I'm sure it'll stand to you in the long run on this save.
You'll never allow yourself to be relegated again, to prove a point to yourself in this save!!! :)

Pellegrini had no European Club experience; I'd say your overqualified for the City Job in that regard! :p

Enjoying this story mate. Hard luck with Sunderland but I'm sure it'll stand to you in the long run on this save.
You'll never allow yourself to be relegated again, to prove a point to yourself in this save!!! :)

Haha that's a good point! City finished 5th so that was why he got the axe! I know, as weird as it is I'm kind of glad that this bad start has happened, it will make much more for the story if I manage to pick it up! Like I said I've never had such a bad season on FM but the second I do a story I do, typical! Thanks for the support man!

Cant do any worse then 5th with a squad like city's.
If you do get the job id expect atleast 1 or 2 trophies first season.

Haha that's a good point! City finished 5th so that was why he got the axe! I know, as weird as it is I'm kind of glad that this bad start has happened, it will make much more for the story if I manage to pick it up! Like I said I've never had such a bad season on FM but the second I do a story I do, typical! Thanks for the support man!

Does Malaga not count? ;)

None of the job I had had interviews come in. Devastation. I've had an offer from Cardiff since, but by no means am I working under Vincent Tan. That man is an idiot. I had been looking around and I was pretty down in the dumps. It looked like all the hope I had gained had gone. I kicked myself as I didnt deserve any of them jobs.

The next day I got a phone call, it was Daniel Levy. He wanted me to meet him, I obviously did.

After a few hours conversation over some drinks, and then showing him what my plans were, he seemed pleased. Now this isnt any small job I'm walking in to if I managed to get it. This is one of the most rockiest roads anyone could ever put you on.
View attachment 329387
Tottenham Hotspurs. They've offered me the contract. I'm taking it but it is no walk in the park. Daniel Levy wants instant results and as we have seen over the last few years there are plenty of names who have left. Redknapp, Villas Boas, Sherwood, Pochettino and Roberto Mancini have all had the sack here in the last 5 years. Mancini is now back at Man City, that is why I didnt get the job. I'm going for it. Backed by £45 million i think this could be the job for me.

View attachment 329377
Nothing had changed my opinion on Adebayor. Last season he was the same lazy player he has been fore the last 3 years. I've managed a bunch of players who I know don't fight at Fulham already, and I know he would drive me around the bend. There is no way in **** I am letting that man play for this club again. He's criticised his own fans for booing him? They wouldn't boo him if he tried to play the sport they all dream of playing. Villareal have come knocking for him. £2 million pound. It may not sound much but its one - hundred thousand a week off the wage bill for someone who wouldn't get a game under me.

View attachment 329376

View attachment 329370

Tough start to come:

View attachment 329369
As if it wasn't going to be hard already. Hopefully I pick up 6 points in my first two games, which will mean even 2 losses to City and Chelsea wont put me under pressure. Everton being at home isn't as hard as first looked but it still is not a walk in the park.

This is quite possibly the strangest start to managing a team. After their disappointing 11th place finish in the league last season it appears every one of my players wants to leave. I have been extremely busy and I'm still not done yet! I did everything I could to try and hold on to the players but with no European football they were getting cherry picked by all of the bigger sides. I think my business in the transfer market so fr isn't too bad though. Hopefully I can throw out the next update of pre season and transfers tonight but its been hectic!

View attachment 329321
Overall I think this was a brilliant transfer window. The two players I was dissapointed to let go were Lloris and Eriksen, but they didn't want to be here. Yes I could have forced them to stay but I got £50 million out of them. We sold £118 million worth of players and invested £101 million back in. I believe we added mroe depth to the squad and in some areas more quality. Cleverly on a free is a good signing. No matter how much stick he gets he is a decent player. Players such as Fellaini and Cole will add experience to the squad, while young players such as Mitrovic add excitement. We got some bargain deals and hopefully we will return to Europe to get the big names next season!

View attachment 329319
A very mixed pre season but I wasn't too fussed about results. The squad has changed so much so it was a case of trying to get them to gel and find out where they are with each other to be honest. Next up is the first game of the season.