Brendn I have to say I was a silent follower with your Liverpool story, it was amazing (made better as I am a Liverpool fan.) I like how you don't set out buying all the usual players and winning everything from the start. You built it up and the squad as well. Now your doing a journey save makes me want to start one. What leagues did you have loaded?

Wow, nice first job! Auxerre are very interesting. Surprised the board only expect mid table really, would have expected a promotion push.

Anyways good luck, will follow as always mate!

View attachment 263701
View attachment 263700

There is a very French Core to the 1st team which is always what I like to see.
i grew up in Barcelona which is very tribal; you play for where you're from! It's
us against them. That was bread into me. In the lower leagues, a core domestic
unit is essential since everyone needs to be on the same page, we need to share
a language and a heritage. Nothing that may makes us feeling anything less than
one unit!

There is somewhat on an injury spell at the moment. I've lost my first choice Goalkeeper,
three midfielder and a center back. One of my agreements with the board was to look to
youth first so I've drafted up 17 year old Titouan Le Roux to fill in as Goalkeeper.

I was quite impressed with the staff and coaching set up already existing at the club.

View attachment 263698
I'm going to study for my National A License over the summer and leave my Director of Football a
list of transfer targets. I'll mainly be developing youth through the system so transfers incomming
will be few but I'll be looking for him to negotiate a good price for the outgoing players.

View attachment 263697
We are a little understaffed on the training ground though. I'll be looking to bring in a new
Attacking coach and Shooting coach. As Assistant coaches, I'll be telling Michael Pavon and
Johan Radet to take two or three catagorees each to lessen the workload.

Brendn I have to say I was a silent follower with your Liverpool story, it was amazing (made better as I am a Liverpool fan.) I like how you don't set out buying all the usual players and winning everything from the start. You built it up and the squad as well. Now your doing a journey save makes me want to start one. What leagues did you have loaded?

Cheers mate. I don't do many jounreyman saves. I'm usually a one-club-man but I decided to try somethign I'm not familiar now that I'm in that post-season FM blues :p I hate signing 5-6 wonderkids and then just blitzing the league. I've always been one to build from within and slowly grow so I can be consistent when I start t win things.

Wow, nice first job! Auxerre are very interesting. Surprised the board only expect mid table really, would have expected a promotion push.

Anyways good luck, will follow as always mate!

I know, I couldn't believe when they offered me th job. They're not the side they used to be though so I'm not surprised a mid-table finish is expected. They've very good facilities so I may be able to bag some great players on a bosman to see us through a promotion charge.

Already loving the look of this. Auxerre are an interesting club! I'll be interested to see how well you perform with that 17 year old in goal. Following :D

View attachment 263163
I've had an extremely difficult start to management. The squad moral is shot to ****
so I've been trying my best to keep results tight. Avoiding relegation is my short
term priority.

View attachment 263162
When I can keep the defence tight, we cope well but the squad
doesn't have that self belief to fight back. I'll be trying to address
that in time.
View attachment 263159

So hard to turn morale around in such a short time. No doubt, in time, you'll get there but its going to be tough. Good luck mate these relegation battles certainly take it out of you! ;)

So hard to turn morale around in such a short time. No doubt, in time, you'll get there but its going to be tough. Good luck mate these relegation battles certainly take it out of you! ;)

I can't remember the last time (if at all) I was involved in a title fight so it's taking it's tole on me :p I think I'm doing okay but I'll know at the end of the season where I stand.

View attachment 262459
View attachment 262458
I got my first win in the league and it came at the perfect time. I sent the players
off to their winter break in high spirits. I sceduled a mid-season friendly before the
league started up agian to try boost moral. A 6-0 win certain helped as I've managed
to curb the slump and started getting points on the board.

Grégory Berthier and Livio Nabab have really found their rhythm out wide. I've been
struggling up front and scoring goals has been an issue; scoring only 7 goals in 10
games. So I've looked to Real Madrid's Reserve side and brought in Raúl De Tomás
on loan.

View attachment 262457
6 goals and 4 assists so far this season in his domestic league is a decent return
for the Spaniard so I'll be hoping he can have a strong second half of the season
with us an grab the goals that move us up the league table.

View attachment 262456
I've pushed the team out of the relegation zone but a few wins could
see us climb the table. I'm hoping to finish about 10th; 3pts above us.

February Fixtures

View attachment 262455
The teams we've to play this month are where we want to be so to secure
league status, we really need to grab points from these games.

Really enjoying this mate, love the layout too. Great signing in Raul De Tomas, hopefully he'll score the goals to push you up the table.

Having a hard start will make it even better when you get the team playing well mate

Really enjoying this mate, love the layout too. Great signing in Raul De Tomas, hopefully he'll score the goals to push you up the table.

Aye, I'm hoping he can help take the pressure of of Diarra since he's only 22 and struggling to cope with being first choice

Having a hard start will make it even better when you get the team playing well mate

Aye. My thoughts exactly. When I'm further in my career fighting for a Europa league spot, I can look back at when I saved Auxerre from relegation.

Love seeing people 'struggle' on stories, makes a change from winning trebles with minnows every season - enjoying it and nice relegation scrap on the cards!