jdcurly

Reaction score
I have only just bought Football Manager 2015 and this is my first tactic, and based on its success, probably the only one I'll need to create.

I have also just read Pep Confidential and I based my tactic on Guardiola's. The book is a fantastic insight into his thinking, ethos and tactics. A definite shift is noticeable from what he had in place at Barcelona to what he employs at Bayern.

So based on this you have a False 9 - Messi at Barca, and at Bayern Pep converted Ribery to the role. The holding midfielder, or 'Pivote' (Regista in FM) is vital - responsible for taking the ball from the central defenders and starting attacks by playing through the opponent's lines early with passes that turn the opposition and have them facing back to their own goal. While the tactic is set to 'Exploit the Middle', the wingers and full backs stay wide (they push on into midfield but do not look for the overlap as this minimises the risk of being caught to far up the pitch if possession is lost) to stretch the play when needed and this allows dominance in the middle - despite the two CM's being set to attack -and prevents against the counter.

All of these principles mirror Pep's to the letter.

Read the book - it's superb.

As is this tactic that was born from it.

Enjoy!!

JD.

Sure. Won league with Liverpool in first season. Reached Champions League final but lost to Atletico Madrid. Scored over 100 goals in Premiership and CM's score for fun. Henderson hit 21 goals.

what do u do for training and matchprep ? is this just plug and play, team talks ? oi's ?

Plug and play. Training is set to 75% - 25% in favour of more match training and I do not set any OI's. Team talks I deal with: If winning at home by one goal at HT I tell the player's they've not been good enough, regardless of the opposition. If winning by one goal away I encourage to keep it up. Anything better, home or away I tell them I am pleased with their performance.

can u plz put a ss of ur training screen and then a ss of ur player individual training screen, thanks

can u plz put a ss of ur training screen and then a ss of ur player individual training screen, thanks

Dude, seriously? You haven't learned by now? In every single tactic thread in this forum you have asked about individual training, infact, that is all you post about on here. And, every time you ask, someone details it out for you. Yet, you still keep asking. Regardless of the tactic, your individual training approach should be the same. Also, you do realize that general and individual training does nothing the the immediate success of a tactic right? Also, what fun is it if you are having someone else play the game for you? Find out what your player needs working on, train him on that. Set it to average, see how he reacts, set it to high, see how he reactcs. Also pay attention to the workload level. I personally set my individual training to the roles that they will be playing in this tactic, especially the young undeveloped and far from max potential ones. Also, it seems like you think that there is only one way to do individual training and it must be done uniquely for each and every tactic or else it won't work. You do understand what individual and general training does, right? it isn't for the tactic. Every time someone makes a tactic thread you post the question "what do you do for individual training" as if there needs to be a specific way to fit that tactic, and that this tactic completely relies on individual and general training.

But aside from all that, if you don't know, test out different variations yourself. That is the only way you are going to learn. Don't you ever get tired asking the same question over and over and do you ever wonder why it is not sticking to your brain each time we all detail it out for you?

Last edited:
usmnt I wasn't asking u u little *****, I was asking coz some people have there own good ideas on how to set up training and match prep that I can improve on, so u shut the **** up yeah

usmnt I wasn't asking u u little *****, I was asking coz some people have there own good ideas on how to set up training and match prep that I can improve on, so u shut the **** up yeah

All the answer you have been given over the weeks of you asking the same question have been the same: Set it to the roles they are playing in your tactic. And the other response has been: let Assistant set it.

lol and the need for you to use profanity (especially on the net) just proves my point even more. Good job :)

btw...I am talking about individual training...and all you ask is about individual training. You never mention match prep. That is something completely different from general and individual training, you know that right? Match prep directly effects your effectiveness of your tactic, general and individual training doesn't.

Last edited:
Chill guys - it's christmas lol anyway I don't have any individual training in place to post a ss for. It is set to balanced with 75% in favour of more match training, which gives a light work load overall. I use this during the season and in pre season I have one week of intensive fitness, one of intensive tactics and one intensive team cohesion before it goes back to normal.

how do u know that the creater of this tactic does what u are saying ? u don't know for a fact do u smart ***,

how do u know that the creater of this tactic does what u are saying ? u don't know for a fact do u smart ***,

Dude, seriously, I mean no disrespect, but it is very clear you are confusing some things. Individual training has nothing to do with your tactic, neither does general training. And there really are only two ways to set Individual training: Roles or Individual attributes. It is not a science nor a massive algorithm you need to disect. You are acting like you need to set individual training just like the creator of this tactic does in order for the tactic to work. Individual training does not effect that. Like I said, I honestly think you are misunderstanding what individual training is and what it is for.

don't call me dude u little ozzy *****,people using fm2015 might not use individual player training, this lad might not

don't call me dude u little ozzy *****,people using fm2015 might not use individual player training, this lad might not

Exactly what I said. There are people who set individual training themselves and people who let their assistant manager set it. Of the people who set it themselves, and who have responded to your dozens of questions all have said that they set it to roles when they are young and undeveloped and then set it to individual attributes they are weak in once they are more developed and older.

And again, your use of words is just proving my point even more. Shows your true colors. This is the internet lol.

Just try the tactic lads. That is what will bring success, not your training.

Just try the tactic lads. That is what will bring success, not your training.

Exactly what I am trying to explain to him. You won't see the results of individual trianing until a couple years into your save, and it has nothing to do with the tactic.

Yes but when managing a big club you need instant results and the tactic delivers that. You can then model your own training to suit. However I tend to buy players I know are capable of performing at the highest level from day one.

Yes but when managing a big club you need instant results and the tactic delivers that. You can then model your own training to suit. However I tend to buy players I know are capable of performing at the highest level from day one.

That is what I am saying lol. Am I not? lol

I am not the one putting a lot of weight in individual training. The other guy is. I am the one telling the guy that immediate success of your tactic does not come from training.

Individual training is more important for your hot prospects who are years from touching the first team. So it has nothing to do with the tactic.

Last edited:
You have a point but then again you could argue that with a top tactic you can throw in youngster's and they can shine. Take Jordan Rossiter for example - only 18 but excels in midfield when I play him. His stats are far from peaking - in fact most league one players have more rounded stats but the tactic takes away any issues. I can field a team of youngsters with an average age of under 21 and still win against most sides in the league cup or f.a cup.