Joe Cole - Liverpool?

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Joe's coming to a non-CL competitor under financial crisis. The club is starting to bleed players. Insua sure to leave, with Mascherano not talking to Roy and Chelsea trying to bait our greedy owners into selling Torres. :( If he goes I'm gonna switch my support to Manchester City. :P

I hope he does sign for Liverpool if he won't accept £75k p/w or less. I honestly wouldn't take him for any more than that. If he joins on a free and earns more than Modric, I will be really annoyed with Redknapp's priorities.

We should be looking at a forward, a left-back and a centre-back, and if we manage to secure quality in all three of these areas, then you can play with your cheque-book Harold and start signing old pals.

Apparently, he is in Suitzerland to undergo a medical. Hope it's true. It would be a massive change going from Yossi to a world class player as Joe Cole.

It would be a massive change going from Yossi to a world class player as Joe Cole.

Assists are only for league matches, games and goals are for all competitive matches.

Yossi's last three seasons:

47 games, 11 goals (1 assist in league)
40 games, 9 goals (6 assists in league)
39 games, 8 goals (5 assists in league)

Joe Cole's last three seasons:

54 games, 10 goals (6 assists in league)
19 games, 3 goals (5 assists in league) - Cole did in his anterior cruciate ligament
38 games, 2 goals (6 assists in league)

Not the whole story by any means, but end product is what Cole and Benayoun are normally judged on.

We'll see. Would rather keep Mash, but then that's unlikely in the extreme.

Advantages would be: he's English, very good creative player, perfect replacement for benayoun if not better

Although his wages would be extremly high, he's injury prone and he's not really got the "liverpool spirit" haha no determination

Just been confirmed on Sky Sports News that he has signed a 4 year contract with Liverpool!

I never liked Joe Cole till today.

Welcome Joe.

Make yourself an Anfield Legend

Pretty good deal! So much better than signing Poulsen.

Well if the reports are true it's a £15,000,000 three year deal so about £90-95k p/w

Benayoun's transfer fee will cover Joe's wages for at least 2 years so its all good we got the better end of the deal.

I trust Roy Hodgson to bring back the old Joe Cole (03-05) that terrorises defences and scores a hat load

Yay, this is one step on my prediction to win the league coming true !! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back