Joe Cole - Liverpool?

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foster is not our player and you missed out sparky.
meh, im not a man u fan so dont know that much about them, but lee is right

i think joe cole wil be brilliant for liverpool but will they have to push gerrard back to accommodate him?

meh, im not a man u fan so dont know that much about them, but lee is right

i think joe cole wil be brilliant for liverpool but will they have to push gerrard back to accommodate him?

Don't think they will, he'll just play on the wing.

Don't think they will, he'll just play on the wing.
also gerrard isnt very good at cm, he plays constant hollywood passes, when he needs to play it simple sometimes. its why rafa was so hesistant to play him there. gerrard in all honesty isnt a central mid

Could be a masterstroke by Hodgson and I'll be interested to know the difference in wages between Joe Cole and Benayoun as it could be a free ~£8m for Liverpool basically. I think a good signing for Liverpool and I think he compared to Torres and Gerrard, although probably not as good, so a good singing indeed.

We're shaping up well ^__^
Reina
Johno Carra Agger (New LB)
Kuyt Gerrard (New CM, possibly Defour, Gago, Diarra) Joe Cole
Torres Remy?
With Jovanovic as back-up ST ^__^

Personally I think Joe Cole is a tad overrated, especially as everyone thought he'd be the answer to our world cup woes. However, I thought the likes of Duff, Murphy and Zamora were past it or **** when Fulham signed them and Hodgson seem's to be a miracle worker with players who's careers which have gone a bit wayward. We could be seeing the Joe Cole we all know in near the future though. It will be good for Liverpool and England if he gets a decent amount of games under his belt.

We're shaping up well ^__^
Reina
Johno Carra Agger (New LB)
Kuyt Gerrard (New CM, possibly Defour, Gago, Diarra) Joe Cole
Torres Remy?
With Jovanovic as back-up ST ^__^
it wont be defour. a gerrard/defour midfield is not defensive sound at all. diarra would be an immense signing, but cant see mourinho selling him. gago would be a good shout

Personally I think Joe Cole is a tad overrated, especially as everyone thought he'd be the answer to our world cup woes. However, I thought the likes of Duff, Murphy and Zamora were past it or **** when Fulham signed them and Hodgson seem's to be a miracle worker with players who's careers which have gone a bit wayward. We could be seeing the Joe Cole we all know in near the future though. It will be good for Liverpool and England if he gets a decent amount of games under his belt.
Injury's permitting, I can imagine him being our first choice winger, and getting a lot of game time so I hope for this :wub::wub::wub:

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

it wont be defour. a gerrard/defour midfield is not defensive sound at all. diarra would be an immense signing, but cant see mourinho selling him. gago would be a good shout
Both Diarra's I meant, Lassana and Mahamadu ^__^ Can't decide which, Mohamadu would be cheaper, I'd think. Gago would only be cheap, but I have some odd love for Defour :$

Injury's permitting, I can imagine him being our first choice winger, and getting a lot of game time so I hope for this :wub::wub::wub:

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Both Diarra's I meant, Lassana and Mahamadu ^__^ Can't decide which, Mohamadu would be cheaper, I'd think. Gago would only be cheap, but I have some odd love for Defour :$
m diarra would certainly be cheaper. defour is quality but you;d still need a defensive shield for him, since hes basically a young belgian alonso in the making

Hodgson gonna find himself in a lot of trouble trying to dispose the likes of Kuyt, Gerrard, Jovanovic, Riera, Cole and Babel because they all play in the same kind of area off the striker. If Mascherano goes which seems likely, he'll play Aqualiani and Lucas as the two holding midfielders and injury free, Torres up front on his own. The three behind him will be debatable but you nail on Gerrard to be playing in the hole. You'd expect Cole considering his wage to be a first team as well but for once Liverpool actually have a bit of strength of depth in the area of the field.You'd think that one of Riera, Babel or Kuyt will be offloaded.

Hodgson gonna find himself in a lot of trouble trying to dispose the likes of Kuyt, Gerrard, Jovanovic, Riera, Cole and Babel because they all play in the same kind of area off the striker. If Mascherano goes which seems likely, he'll play Aqualiani and Lucas as the two holding midfielders and injury free, Torres up front on his own. The three behind him will be debatable but you nail on Gerrard to be playing in the hole. You'd expect Cole considering his wage to be a first team as well but for once Liverpool actually have a bit of strength of depth in the area of the field.You'd think that one of Riera, Babel or Kuyt will be offloaded.
Babel &/or Riera.Simple :)
I hope Lucas isn't the first team CM, honestly. Just like Aquilani is an awful CM, he's only decent in ACM

Babel &/or Riera.Simple :)
I hope Lucas isn't the first team CM, honestly. Just like Aquilani is an awful CM, he's only decent in ACM

Well considering what he played at Fulham, you have one ball winning midfielder (Mascherano) if you keep him and one deep lying play maker (Aqualiani). This would is the same as Murphy Etuhu partnership which has had reasonable success. It is also the same as the Alonso Mascherano midfield which was so successful in the 2008/2009 season. The reason it failed this season was because you had Mascherano and Lucas in the cm positions and neither of them had the designated 'playmaker' or 'distributor' role.

Great deal for Liverpool. I hope Roy can turn him into a legend for Liverpool. I can see Liverpool going for a great campaign for the title.

Amazing how one signing changes everyones perspective on a team. XD

I was concerned about how on earth we'd cover his wages. And then I found out our ticket prices are up 15% this season as they were released today too. No worries then.

On Cole himself, he's a window licker and if over his ACL injury could be a good signing. Playing in the centre and apparantly being promised it though? Odd one.

I was concerned about how on earth we'd cover his wages. And then I found out our ticket prices are up 15% this season as they were released today too. No worries then.

On Cole himself, he's a window licker and if over his ACL injury could be a good signing. Playing in the centre and apparantly being promised it though? Odd one.

Maybe thats why theyve signed him? Saves paying for window cleaners.

Im chuffed we have signed Joe its certinely brought some positivity to the club

Good signing, im sure this will put alot of smiles on a few Liverpool fan's faces, about time and all if you ask me.

LB CM and a ST, then we're in with a great shout of a top 4 finish! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back