• Views Views 7K

What do you think of Joey Barton?

• he is a complete ******

Votes: 76 84.4%
  • i want to marry him

Votes: 14 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bartons an absoloute waste of talent! anyone of us on this thread would love to have his ability to play football the way he does,he just ruins it for himself at every club he goes to!

@Frankie

There is no bias to a situation like that. He assaulted someone.. Just because the press crucified him it doesn't make him a better person. It sickens me to see Newcastle fans want him back, although Newcastle fans sicken me in general :)

gerrard beat up someone, but you still want him back?

He could have been a great player but if only he backed down once in a while. I reckon he could have got into the England squad but he'll never change his ways no matter how many chances he gets

@Frankie

There is no bias to a situation like that. He assaulted someone.. Just because the press crucified him it doesn't make him a better person. It sickens me to see Newcastle fans want him back, although Newcastle fans sicken me in general :)

WOAAHH!!! Don't be a little ****** there, Joey Barton has had enough chances and if Newcastle could afford to not have him then we would, but we can't as we have no players to start with. WTF have Newcastle fans done to you eh? Don't be a *****.

Lee Hughes is worse anyway he killed someone.

WOAAHH!!! Don't be a little ****** there, Joey Barton has had enough chances and if Newcastle could afford to not have him then we would, but we can't as we have no players to start with. WTF have Newcastle fans done to you eh? Don't be a *****.

Gotta stick up for you there mate,i think that newcastle fans are generally accepted as some of the best fans in the UK?
I never met a bad geordie,always had a good time when i visit newcastle or meet them on holiday?

gerrard beat up someone, but you still want him back?

Wow... Exaggeration of the season, it was self defense, he wasn't convicted so just leave it their..

Lee Hughes had been drinking and was in a car crash.. Joey Barton went out and battered someone. But there's a difference, Lee Hughes learns from his mistakes, and calling him a murderer is a bit much.. Barton is a complete thug.

By the way I was only joking about saying that about Newcastle fans, my bad. I don't like Alan Shearer though..

Players are just like everyone else,they make mistakes,lee hughes and luke mccormick making the biggest ones resulting in peoples deaths but barton's had too many chance's,newcastle will do well to get shot of him,he's going to turn into the Edmundo of england where with every manager who takes a chance he's just inevitabley going to **** it up!!

I reckon he might go to blackburn, if anyone could tame him, BIG sam could.

To many players have been given the bad boy image, I can't stick up for Barton and I won't, he knows what he's done wrong and probably knows he's had one to many chances, its up to him to try to change peoples persona's of him by doing the talking on the pitch and he hasn't done that so far. The thing is the media love to target Newcasltle, they target the fans, players and most of the time its quite unfair. Last year I wrote an article for my English Language AS on the perception of footballers (I got an A :D) and what I found is media target clubs/players/fans and it looks as though it has been Toons turn for a long time so far. I can name alot of players that have been involved in press controversy over assaults, rapes etc, but press like to take that extra bit far if someone is associated with the club I support. Again I'm not supporting Barton he doesn't deserve it, he is a ******, but nobody barely ever mentions the other players that have done bad.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

I reckon he might go to blackburn, if anyone could tame him, BIG sam could.

HAHAHA he tried and failed when he was manager of my club for a short time :) infact Big Sam brought Barton to NUFC.

lets face it joey barton is never gonna be UN ambassador for peace but i think hes a great player who always gives 100% so i'd have him in my team. he isnt first player to do stupid things many of who are now on tv telling us how he shouldnt be allowed to play football anymore ****** hypocrites

i think barton i overrated.

He hasn't played a good game for Newcastle yet :( shame like, its been Smith and Nolan all season. Btw will yous have Nicky **** back, god all he does is pass the ball to opposition and late tackles, we got a good half season out of the 5 yrs he has been here, he is way past it even for the championship.

poor mans Gerrard! But still better than danny guthrie!

poor mans Gerrard! But still better than danny guthrie!

Can't agree with you I go to every home game and go to as many away games as I can and he is no where near as good as Guthrie. Barton hasn't played a good game of football since he played for City, Guthrie is a brilliant player that has masses of potential. I rate him alongside Smith & Nolan that have actually put a kick start into Toons season, cracking player with an eye for goal. At least Barton isn't as bad a ****, **** is our worst player and should be wearing a Sunday league shirt.

Last edited:
Can't agree with you I go to every home game and go to as many away games as I can and he is no where near as good as Guthrie. Barton hasn't played a good game of football since he played for City, Guthrie is a brilliant player that has masses of potential. I rate him alongside Smith & Nolan that have actually put a kick start into Toons season, cracking player with an eye for goal.

I think i put that wrongly,i was just laughing at the guthrie thing he said a while ago,claiming he can be as good as gerrard! i think he's dreaming if he thinks that! i don't think guthries a bad player but newcastle are better than that! just my opinion didn't mean to cause offence mate!

I cannot stand him. The worst signing Newcastle ever made... yes even worse than Bramble and Boumsong.

I think i put that wrongly,i was just laughing at the guthrie thing he said a while ago,claiming he can be as good as gerrard! i think he's dreaming if he thinks that! i don't think guthries a bad player but newcastle are better than that! just my opinion didn't mean to cause offence mate!

Haha oh right, us toon fans always on the defence these days haha, we get kind of jumpy like a smack addict without a needle haha. Guthrie will be a good premiership midfielder at best, but footballs a funny game sometimes it takes the right person to take someone under their wing and develop them into a great player. My example James Milner, well he had loads of potential at Newcastle but didn't show it, he just ran around the field basically like a headless chicken with no end product. Martin O'Neill well I need to shake that mans hand, he has done what few toon fans thought he could do and thats...Turned Milner into one of the future best wingers in Europe most likely. I mean Guthrie might not set the world alight like Gerrard but he does his job and does it well and for me thats all that matters.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I cannot stand him. The worst signing Newcastle ever made... yes even worse than Bramble and Boumsong.
Didn't say worst signing I said he's our worst player :)

Last edited:
I agree. Guthrie is a good solid player who can score top goals. However there is a lot of improvement needed. In my opinion (and I mean no offence) he is alot better than Barton.

Back